Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #16
auralia
DIS Veteran

Also please consider what ever you bring if you get in an accident may go flying and hit someone in the head (I got a good knock from a cd player once!)
Old 02-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #17
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plantlady View Post
I make the boys an activity book with printable pages. I bound it up, and supply them with colored pencils. Some pages are laminated. I provide dry erase markers for those pages.

We also play the cow counting game (get to 100 first, a grave yard kills the other team's cows)
License plate game
car bingo
roadkill bingo
alphabet game (find all of the letters in order on signs)
A word game, where you say a word and the next person says a word that starts with the last letter of the word in front. Cannot repeat a word. We try to make our words end with X's, because that's the kind of family we are.

We do not do dvd's or video games. No ipods. No electronics. Until our last day of vacation. We talk, visit, laugh, tell jokes. We once had a book with games. one of the games was to get the other cars to laugh. So, my son would wave, full smile at everyone that drove by us. I think we were a bit overboard there.

The boys have been traveling since they were born. They are excellent travelers.
Okay, you're going to need to explain car & roadkill bingo?? Do I create my own bingo cards with various type/size cars on them, laminate and let them go crazy with a dry erase marker? Sorry- need help with these games... Thanks!!

thomascaldwell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #18
la79al
DIS Veteran

I found this site yesterday- http://www.momsminivan.com/. I'll probably use some of those ideas for our trip.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 AM   #19
sbell111
I don't care if people walk slowly, as long as they are willing to do it behind me
Our roomba locked itself in the laundry room not too long ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by auralia View Post
Also please consider what ever you bring if you get in an accident may go flying and hit someone in the head (I got a good knock from a cd player once!)
She's two. Even if there isn't an accident whatever she has might go flying and hit someone in the head.
sbell111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:18 PM   #20
thomascaldwell1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbell111 View Post
She's two. Even if there isn't an accident whatever she has might go flying and hit someone in the head.
Hahahaha!! You must have met my Savannah or you've just heard about her! That's hillarious!

thomascaldwell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 08:41 AM   #21
Plantlady
I eat a lot of pringles while I'm at the computer
I always aim for 15 minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomascaldwell1 View Post
Okay, you're going to need to explain car & roadkill bingo?? Do I create my own bingo cards with various type/size cars on them, laminate and let them go crazy with a dry erase marker? Sorry- need help with these games... Thanks!!
Exactly. I found bingo cards online.

We laminate anything that they can use repeatedly. Bingo, car battleship (found online), and I laminate a blank page (the covers of their activity books), and they just draw on them.

Dry erase markers come right off. We do only let them have one marker at a time, so they don't lose them, get marks on the seat, leave the caps off, ect.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
AintGonaGrowUp
Mouseketeer

Something that helped me pass time on a long ride as a kid, have a small goodie bag for every hour. it could be a new libary book to read, or a coloring book, game, rented movie for the portable dvd! looking forward to the new bag helped time go in small intervels and i didnt get bored with everything within the first hour

Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas
AintGonaGrowUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
deezeealum
Mouseketeer

I alwys have surprises for my girl whenever we go o roadtrips, but instead of giving all at once they get a new one every hour or so. My 7 yr old alway gets books and DVDs so I can stretch to every 2 hrs or so. Our 8 month old is too little but I pack diaper bags type toys and give her a new one every hr. I second the board books!!!
deezeealum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
car ride, games

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: