Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > The Creative Community > Scrapbooking
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #1
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Talking Show me your scrapbooking room!

Hi there!

We are building a house right now. I have etched out a space in the basement for a scrapbook room and am gathering ideas on how to decorate it and outfit it with storage.

If you have a dedicated scrapbooking room or space in your house, how do organize your stash?

Pictures please!
Old 02-17-2012, 02:43 PM   #2
BernardandMissBianca
I just love a dancing banana!
I'm a Tag Fairy junkieI wanted to be a lawyer or a teacher, and now I'm both, I'm a mom!
Rum makes math fun!

DISboards Moderator

Here is my thread on my room. I did get the shelves up between the windows but haven't had a chance to take a pic yet. I also found the light I want, I just have to go to Lowes to get it.

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602901

http://www.lowes.com/pd_339927-82850...ductId=3388914
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
pjlla
<><
Only took one try and voila
Likes to be barefoot at every possible occasion

I don't have a full room to myself (although I could.... but I gave it to DS to have as a Lego room.... I'm a great Mom! ). But I have a large corner of our master bedroom. It isn't pretty or fancy, but works well for me for such a compact space.

Overall space:

My cubby corner with the rolling cart pulled out. I'm always tempted to ditch the bookshelf and just add another big stack of the drawers, but I hate buying more and more and more plastic!!

My cricut and cardstock area:

The cabinet on the wall is an old bathroom medicine chest I salvaged from the side of the road. I removed the doors and spray painted it to blend with the wall color (ugly builder's beige). It works well and looks nice and neat. I keep some glass jars of buttons and flowers on it for a decorative touch.

My paper file is old priority mail shipping boxes. Some of them have been covered with paper to be prettier, but some are not. Maybe some day I'll finish it up!

Anyhow.... hope this helps somehow!..............P

WDW 12/1974, WDW 03/1983, WDW 05/1992 (with DH on HONEYMOON ), WDW 01/2002 (first family trip to WDW), WDW 01/2004 (2nd family trip), DL and DCA 07/2005 (first family trip to DL!), WDW 06/2007... DD gets to go without us! WDW & Discovery Cove 04/2008 (First stay at Pop ), WDW 01/10 DD goes without us AGAIN! , WDW 05/10 Mother/Son trip WDW 05/11 Mother/Daughter trip !! WDW 05/13 Mother/Daughter trip #2 celebrating GRADUATION!
pjlla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:33 PM   #4
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

nm

Last edited by mlktwins; 02-18-2012 at 05:20 PM.
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #5
mlktwins
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post
I don't have a full room to myself (although I could.... but I gave it to DS to have as a Lego room.... I'm a great Mom! ). But I have a large corner of our master bedroom. It isn't pretty or fancy, but works well for me for such a compact space.

Overall space:

My cubby corner with the rolling cart pulled out. I'm always tempted to ditch the bookshelf and just add another big stack of the drawers, but I hate buying more and more and more plastic!!

My cricut and cardstock area:

The cabinet on the wall is an old bathroom medicine chest I salvaged from the side of the road. I removed the doors and spray painted it to blend with the wall color (ugly builder's beige). It works well and looks nice and neat. I keep some glass jars of buttons and flowers on it for a decorative touch.

My paper file is old priority mail shipping boxes. Some of them have been covered with paper to be prettier, but some are not. Maybe some day I'll finish it up!

Great space! I have a separate table in my MB for my cricut stuff.

I love those 3 drawer 12x12 boxes you have. I am currently using them as workboxes for my boys' homeschool stuff. I hope to get more for my craft room when I finish organizing it!
mlktwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
hopemax
Note to Self: Please remember to bring your brain with you this time

Here is mine. These are older pics, so some things have move around slightly. Mostly, in the closet area. I should take a new picture, but I have to clean the room first.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
Old 02-18-2012, 06:49 AM   #7
disney-akj
DIS Veteran

All of these are great. scrapbook.com under their gallery has a scraproom section if you want to see a lot of rooms for inspiration. That is where I drool I do not have my own room but a wall in an office I share with my DH. I am slowly over taking it (I have spread since these pictures were taken) and hope to kick him out soon when we finish our basement Nothing too fancy and my DH's color choice

Old 02-18-2012, 07:01 PM   #8
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Awesome spaces! I need to gather some furniture and idea. Thanks so much for sharing. Trying to comment from dh's ipad... I'll comment laterfrom home.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
smphbear
Mouseketeer

DH and I worked on putting in our office a few years ago. We put in drawers on each side of our chair space. I get two sets of drawers while he gets one.

This smaller side is directly across from the above picture. All of the cabinets are mine for my scrapbooking.

Sorry about the lighting and photo quality ... cell phone photos.
04 Vacation Villas - Ds7 first trip
June 07 - Cypress Pointe - Ds3 first trip
June 08 - Cypress Pointe -
Feb 09 - Adults only - POP
Mar 11 - Just the four of us for Mardi Gras - POP
Feb 13 - POP for Mardi Gras

Last edited by smphbear; 02-18-2012 at 07:28 PM. Reason: addition
smphbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Here is my thread on my room. I did get the shelves up between the windows but haven't had a chance to take a pic yet. I also found the light I want, I just have to go to Lowes to get it.

http://www.www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2602901

http://www.lowes.com/pd_339927-82850...ductId=3388914
Ooh! Good space! I like the side board and island. LOVE Ikea!! I was wondering how I could make the PAX wardrobe system work in my space. I'd like some major storage along one wall, one wall with edge to edge workspace, expedit on another wall and seating on the other wall. I'll have to draw up a plan and post to get help.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:42 PM   #11
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjlla View Post

Overall space:

I like your space! I will have to share my space with my boys as every time I drag my stuff out they are in there like a dirt shirt! Somehow I'll have to find space for a little workspace and probably a rolling craft cart.

I plan on using old furniture as well. I held onto my kids' change table for shelving and a couple other pieces.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:47 PM   #12
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopemax View Post
Here is mine. These are older pics, so some things have move around slightly. Mostly, in the closet area. I should take a new picture, but I have to clean the room first.

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w...view=slideshow
Wow! I love how colourful your space is. That and all the Disney stuff, of course! Are the porcelain pieces cookie jars?? I am planning some pretty bright paint choices, on is a dis-boards green! :lol: The other is an ocean blue/teal. I found a painting today I'm going to ask my friend to recreate for me.

I was thinking I'd go with all black furniture, but seeing your white makes me question it.

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your room!
Old 02-19-2012, 08:50 PM   #13
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney-akj View Post
All of these are great. scrapbook.com under their gallery has a scraproom section if you want to see a lot of rooms for inspiration. That is where I drool I do not have my own room but a wall in an office I share with my DH. I am slowly over taking it (I have spread since these pictures were taken) and hope to kick him out soon when we finish our basement Nothing too fancy and my DH's color choice

Wow! I think I would love having a full desk situation like that. I'm glad I don't have to share though.... I'd hate to feel pressure to keep my side of the room tidy. I plan to spread out and have works in progress out at all times! :lol:
Old 02-19-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
Golden Amik
Is it summer yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by smphbear View Post
DH and I worked on putting in our office a few years ago. We put in drawers on each side of our chair space. I get two sets of drawers while he gets one.

This smaller side is directly across from the above picture. All of the cabinets are mine for my scrapbooking.

Sorry about the lighting and photo quality ... cell phone photos.
Very nice. Is your workspace at counter height or desk height? When the electrician wired the room, I had him put the outlets at counter height so I wouldn't have to run extension cords from under the workspace.

What is the wand thingy coming from the right side of your peg board? A light? I have an Ott light I bring when I go to crops, but I could use something brighter and more permanent.

I would like some upper cabinets and closed drawer storage the same as yours.

I think I'm going to have too many things on my wish list than my budget will allow.

Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-20-2012, 07:01 AM   #15
dacky041208
DIS Veteran

This is so inspiring! I am/will be working on moving my scrapping things down to a new spot in the house; we just need to pick and purchase carpet. The bummer is that it'll be a shared space with the elliptical and probably our office desk in the future.

I was drooling over everyone's spaces and said to DH "when we hit the lottery, and ya know, buy a gigantic house, I want a room fully created for my scrapping. I want it to have cabinets/counters all around the perimeter, a sink (for when I go too far with the glue/glitter), outlets galore, and a huge island in the middle to work on. There will be a gift wrap station, an official home for my cricut, a printing station..." His response? "I want an indoor basketball court."

I think he's trying to tell me I dream too big....

-2 weeks at AKL, thanks DVC! 6/19-7/2/2011 Pictures/Video: Part 1 Part 2
-Pixar Weekend at ASMu 5/12-5/16/2011
-First Time during the holidays at PC!! 11/18-11/22/2010
-First DVC Trip to SSR 7/29-8/7/2010
-1st Anniversary Trip at AKL 6/23-6/30/2009
-2 week Disneymoon at CSR 5/28-6/11/2008
dacky041208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: