Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2012, 03:29 PM   #61
Suited Deuces
Earning My Ears

Did you book thru RunDisney? what are the rates?

I called and they didn't even know the site was updated...they said booking wouldn't be available until 3/13 (registration day)

Thx
Suited Deuces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:35 PM   #62
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Very strange... why would they update it 11 days early and say to call in NOW then?
Register to remove

Old 03-02-2012, 04:49 PM   #63
Suited Deuces
Earning My Ears

I am not saying that is the policy.....it's just what I heard. It seems they are still getting things together...it just hit the site today.

Unless you need to give a registration # for the race to get the rate
Old 03-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #64
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Oh! on GetTravel it says you need to be there at least two days to get a discount on the room... since we will only have one night between the cruise and going home should I even bother to wait? Can we still get discounted park tickets if we do not purchase a package?
Old 03-02-2012, 05:03 PM   #65
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaDame View Post
Oh! on GetTravel it says you need to be there at least two days to get a discount on the room... since we will only have one night between the cruise and going home should I even bother to wait? Can we still get discounted park tickets if we do not purchase a package?
I can't even find the discounted GetTravel rates??
I called and booked with Disney directly. Where are the rates for the discounted rooms?
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:04 PM   #66
Suited Deuces
Earning My Ears

Specially priced hotel rooms are now available for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon participants and their friends and family! Stay at a Host Resort and you are guaranteed to have less to worry about. Your transportation to ALL Half Marathon Weekends events is provided!

And when you call 407-WDW-IRUN to book you're Disney Wine & Dine Half Weekend stay, you can also purchase your race registration and add the Disney Dining Plan to your package. Customize a trip that fits your family and your budget with one of our Disney Sports Travel Agents today.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:06 PM   #67
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Im sorry I should have been more clear! I was looking at the 2011 race prices on the GetTravel website. http://www.gettravel.com/wineanddine...modation.shtml
Old 03-02-2012, 05:58 PM   #68
specialks
Quickly becoming a Disney addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suited Deuces View Post
Specially priced hotel rooms are now available for Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon participants and their friends and family! Stay at a Host Resort and you are guaranteed to have less to worry about. Your transportation to ALL Half Marathon Weekends events is provided!

And when you call 407-WDW-IRUN to book you're Disney Wine & Dine Half Weekend stay, you can also purchase your race registration and add the Disney Dining Plan to your package. Customize a trip that fits your family and your budget with one of our Disney Sports Travel Agents today.
Sounds like you can add your race reg onto the room deal so that's probably why they say you can only book it once registration opens. I wonder if the price will be less than my current rate for a preferred room?...
WDW Wine & Dine 1/2 Nov 9-11, 2012 - ASMovies ~~ Jan 26-31, 2012 DLR Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon - BW Stovalls ~~ DLR Oct 23-26, 2011 - GCH ~~ DLR Dec 7-14, 2010 TR - ResInnGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 19-26, 2009 - HomSteGarGrv ~~ DLR Sept 13-20, 2008 - HomSteGarGrv
specialks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 08:51 PM   #69
DCbride
DIS Veteran

I had a rental car the 2 previous races. How bad is it taking the bus in the morning? We will be in the stroller division and can't picture bringing a jogging stroller, even though I know it is done. Will the bus stop at different host resorts or shuttle between just 1 and races/expo?

Disney Trips with the kids 1993 Poly 1995 BC 1996 Dixie Landings 1998 BC 2001 SoG 2004 SoG 2006 Dolphin 2008 Magic Villa 3, Mickey's Clubhouse 2009 CSR in March, April, Aug. Sept & Nov 2010 CSR, WL & WL CL, SoG 2011 SoG, CSR, SoG, Mariott, Kidani 2012 Marriott, BC, WLV/AoA 2013 Marriott, AoA, AoA 2014 Pop/Omni, Omni, BC, Bay Lake
DCbride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:33 AM   #70
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

I'm a Disneyland veteran but a Disney World novice (one off site visit only)

We are planning for the Wine & Dine 1/2 to get our first C2C medals this year. I've gotten advice to try to book our DVC rooms at either Beach Club or BoardWalk for best location for the race but since I can't book until the 7 month window I'm not optimistic that I will get rooms.

Any other suggestions from some Disney World experts?

thanks!
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #71
bigtony777
Disney Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazerFan View Post
I'm a Disneyland veteran but a Disney World novice (one off site visit only)

We are planning for the Wine & Dine 1/2 to get our first C2C medals this year. I've gotten advice to try to book our DVC rooms at either Beach Club or BoardWalk for best location for the race but since I can't book until the 7 month window I'm not optimistic that I will get rooms.

Any other suggestions from some Disney World experts?

thanks!
These two are by far the best options for the wine and dine IMO. This is because you can walk home after the party right out of world showcase. If you can't get either of these, then I would pick based on your favorite resort and what you will be doing the the remainder of your trip. This is because as of now, no other DVC resort is a host resort so you will need to taxi it back after the race.

I just checked and BW currently has no studio availability for any nights 11/9 - 11/11, but does have 1 BR garden/pool view available for all 3 nights.

Upcoming: 11/14 - BWV (W&D 1/2), 12/14 - AKV, 11/15 - Magic Bahamas Cruise

2014: July - BWV, Mar - BLT, Jan - VGC
2013: Dec - AS Sports/BWV , Nov - BWV(W&D 1/2), June - BWV/BCV, ), Mar - BLT/Fantasy Western Caribbean, Jan - BWV (Goofy)
2012: Nov - BWV (W&D 1/2), Aug - Offsite (Disneyland 1/2), June - BCV/WLV, Mar - AKV
2011: Dec - Pop/AS Movies, Nov - Pop, Oct - Dream Bahamas Cruise, BCV (W&D 1/2), July - Pop, June - Offsite, April - Pop
2010: Oct – Wilderness Lodge, AS Music (W&D 1/2), July – Caribbean Beach, April - Pop
2009: Dec – Offsite, Nov - Caribbean Beach, Oct - Coronado Springs, April - Pop
2007: July - Offsite

Last edited by bigtony777; 03-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
bigtony777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 02:48 PM   #72
BlazerFan
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtony777 View Post
These two are by far the best options for the wine and dine IMO. This is because you can walk home after the party right out of world showcase. If you can get either of these, then I would pick based on your favorite resort and what you will be doing the the remainder of your trip. This is because as of now, no other DVC resort is a host resort so you will need to taxi it back after the race.

I just checked and BW currently has no studio availability for any nights 11/9 - 11/11, but does have 1 BR garden/pool view available for all 3 nights.
We are traveling with another couple so a 2BR would also work if available. If we end up having to choose a different DVC resort, what would you suggest? Our husbands are cheering only so it would be nice to have a easy way for them to get to the finish. Will taxis run late for us to get back?
thank you for the info!
BlazerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #73
AussiePossum
Disneyland 2009 & Disney Paris 2012

Hi Guys..

For all the WDW /Marathon veterans out there I have this question.. We had already booked our stay at POR (before I knew about host resorts). Now that the list has been released and POR isn't on it.. How hard is it going to be to get back to POR after the race. I'm guessing the regular transport won't be running at that hour and we don't want the stress of hiring (or driving) on the opposite side of the road.
Old 03-03-2012, 09:26 PM   #74
kmchisholm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussiePossum View Post
Hi Guys..

For all the WDW /Marathon veterans out there I have this question.. We had already booked our stay at POR (before I knew about host resorts). Now that the list has been released and POR isn't on it.. How hard is it going to be to get back to POR after the race. I'm guessing the regular transport won't be running at that hour and we don't want the stress of hiring (or driving) on the opposite side of the road.
I've only done the Princess but can tell you I booked at the Boardwalk when I registered and it was not a host hotel but by the time the race got here, it was. I would keep what you have, worst case is you can catch a cab home if needed.
kmchisholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #75
Nole95
Mouseketeer

My wife and I decided today to run the W&D Half and train together.

Looking at the Beach Club Resort right now, total for a 3 night stay is about $1300 (Garden view). I wonder how much of a discount people who register will get when it opens up next week.

I think we will prefer the Beach Club because we can make the short walk back after the party late that night.
Nole95 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: