Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H > Events/Competition
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2012, 04:53 PM   #1696
ashysmashy
Mouseketeer

Could prove to be quite comical..."excuse me ma'am, I couldn't help but notice you curled up in a little ball on the side of the road. Is there anything I can do?"

Hey Guys! Just checking in. Happy Thanksgiving to you all. Pluto, I laughed out loud when I read that! I totally had somebody say that to me at W&D! I was waiting for hubby to get a cab for me and just decided to lie down in the grass. This lady came by and asked so nicely, "Excuse me, I couldn't help but notice you here on the ground. Do you need some help." I said, "No, thank you. I'm just tired after the race." Didn't want to whine about my tummy.

They say during, or right after a race, we may feel one way, but then wait a week and we may feel totally different. After the race, we took two days off and then walked the parks for 3 days. Was only slightly sore, but the walking got it out. I was thankful for Jeff Galloway's method and so happy to meet him and get a pic.

Now, I'm struggling with signing up for Princess. I know, I know. It's 99%. Been watching it for days. I also want to do our local Mercedes half and am struggling so hard with which to do. I also won a Platinum Race Retreat on the Run Disney sweepstakes. That's tugging at me too. Rested this past week and really need to get back in gear. Don't want to lose all the conditioning that took months to earn. Travel for another Disney or do one local and I can sleep in my own bed? That is the dilemma. The Mercedes race is the first 5k that I did last year, and part of me wants to go back and do the half. Who woulda thunk it????!!! A year ago in Nov. I told my hubby that, you-know-what would freeze over before I ran 4 miles. Now, thinking of another half and other races to keep active. I think I drank the running and Disney Kool-Aid! It's SO addicting. I'm afraid I'm going to regret Princess if I don't sign up. Oh, the decisions!

Last edited by ashysmashy; 11-22-2012 at 09:50 PM. Reason: darn typos
ashysmashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #1697
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Ashy you HAVE to do the princess! You won the race retreat! I entered the sweepstakes but didn't win anything thought oh if I win something I'll definitely sign up! You know, fate. Think of running thru that castle! The bling medal! The characters...

It is 99%. I'm so tempted. I was devising a new training plan of getting up super early to run so that I could handle the early start time. It would probably be easier scheduling because no appointments or school stuff or work stuff would interfere. But I'm not a morning person and I really should not fly AGAIN to wdw in feb. so I'm resisting....

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Figment1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #1698
ashysmashy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figment1990 View Post
Ashy you HAVE to do the princess! You won the race retreat! I entered the sweepstakes but didn't win anything thought oh if I win something I'll definitely sign up! You know, fate. Think of running thru that castle! The bling medal! The characters...

It is 99%. I'm so tempted. I was devising a new training plan of getting up super early to run so that I could handle the early start time. It would probably be easier scheduling because no appointments or school stuff or work stuff would interfere. But I'm not a morning person and I really should not fly AGAIN to wdw in feb. so I'm resisting....

I know, Fig! It's killing me not to sign up! Checked out all the perks of the race retreat and thought, "How can I not?!" How about you go, too??!!!!! I'll go through all the registration steps and not click that very last button. SO TEMPTED! Another $$$ trip or run local? The Mercedes is so well organized. Just the right amount of people. Not too big/not too small. Nice medal. Oh, but that Princess medal! OMG! It's gorgeous and I want it so bad! Who knows what all other perks they'll have at the 5 yr. anniversary. Oh, it's such a hard decision. Finished W&D at 3:07, but geez, it was so crowded I knew I'd be slower than usual. I really thought I was going to be right around 2:45ish.

That 3 a.m. wake up call would be tough, but I think the excitement and adrenaline gets everybody up and going.
ashysmashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:01 PM   #1699
mking624
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to quickly pop in and say Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for all of you! You all became my "running family" and all the support and encouragement here definitely helped me cross that finish line and complete my first half!
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:33 PM   #1700
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mking624
Just wanted to quickly pop in and say Happy Thanksgiving! I am so thankful for all of you! You all became my "running family" and all the support and encouragement here definitely helped me cross that finish line and complete my first half!
Me too! I'm thankful for my Disney running family too!

Went for my first post race run today finally. It was... Well... Let's just say its done. My ankle was still a little stiff and sore though so I hope I didn't jump back in a little too soon after my injury. At least im not stressing about missing training miles right now.

First trip: Mar 90, Polynesian Most recent trips: Feb '14, Princess 1/2 - GF; Jan '14, Tinker Bell 1/2 Marathon! - GCH; Nov '13, Wine & Dine 1/2Marathon - BWI! In-between: Grand Floridian, AKV-Kidani, Poly, WL, Beach Club, Boardwalk, Coronado Springs, Disneyland Hotel
Old 11-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #1701
ashysmashy
Mouseketeer

Did my first one today too, since the race. Holy smokes batman. That 30 min run was hard. I thought walking and constant moving at the parks for three days would help. Gotta get it in gear for a 5k in 2 weeks. Hubby did 4.5 and said it was hard for him. Guess, we learned our lesson!
Old 11-24-2012, 04:33 PM   #1702
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this thread! I am a lurker.... I won my trip down to compete in the W&D Half about three weeks prior and really didnt know what to expect since the farthest I had gone previously was about 4.5 miles haha

Well I finished W & D AND today I finished my second Half Marathon, qualifying me for Half Fanatics!

I have no plans to run anything any time soon!! But I think I am going to stick to my fun little 5K's (and maybe some 10K's) but Halfs are too much work! lol

(although I did register for Princess, just so I can say I've run through all 4 DisneyWorld Parks!)

Anyway... just wanted to pop in and say thanks for inspiring me!
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:54 PM   #1703
PlutoBaby
Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Hi everybody and Happy Saturday after Thanksgiving Day Day! Just catching up on all the chit chat and getting quite a few laughs out of them! To those of you who have climbed back on the horse, or in this case road, welcome back! Trust me, I SO feel your pain. I've gotten a couple more shorter runs in this week and am starting to feel like a normal person again. The knee still bothers me but I'm going back to the physical therapist Tuesday and feel really hopeful as he is the BOMB! And getting the new Sauconys seem to help too. They're super lightweight and the sweetest shade of hot pink!

Still debating about the C2C but definitely not until 2014 as we're going to Italy next year for two weeks and it will definitely take some time for the trip account to recover after that one! I think the only concern for doing the DL 1/2 would be getting registered before it fills up. Does anyone know when the race usually is and when registration for it opens? I think the W&D opens in April so at least I have some time to still really think about that one Anyone else seriously considering it?

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
PlutoBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:59 PM   #1704
PlutoBaby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabearz View Post
I just want to say how much I have enjoyed this thread! I am a lurker.... I won my trip down to compete in the W&D Half about three weeks prior and really didnt know what to expect since the farthest I had gone previously was about 4.5 miles haha

Well I finished W & D AND today I finished my second Half Marathon, qualifying me for Half Fanatics!

I have no plans to run anything any time soon!! But I think I am going to stick to my fun little 5K's (and maybe some 10K's) but Halfs are too much work! lol

(although I did register for Princess, just so I can say I've run through all 4 DisneyWorld Parks!)

Hi LB and welcome! You definitely found a fun group here! And don't let that number 13 scare you...it's only a temporary insanity. But it does seem to keep recurring over and over....and over....and over...

She is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are her life, her love, her leader. She will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of her heart. You owe it to her to be worthy of such devotion.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:09 PM   #1705
CheapMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurabearz View Post
I agree this has been a great thread! I also ran another half today. First time I ever ran 2 halfs so close together. I kind of liked it- train once- race twice- it felt very economical/efficient!

Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort ~ Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa

CheapMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:47 PM   #1706
Laurabearz
I cant load my bobbin!
three kids keep me hopping
I was Grunge before Grunge was Grunge

Hot for Danny DeVito!

Location: 4.53 miles from PatrickIL' s house (would rather live by Universal to see if the Mummy ride will be open before May 21st!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapMom View Post
I agree this has been a great thread! I also ran another half today. First time I ever ran 2 halfs so close together. I kind of liked it- train once- race twice- it felt very economical/efficient!
I had no chance to train for either so mine were super efficient! haha

CheapMom.. I see you support Deb's Walk for Breast Cancer! I am part of her running team.. Team AllEars! Thanks for much for joining us as we support her efforts!!
1/02 OKW 4/02 Offsite 5/02 BC/Poly 8/02 The Plaza NYC 9/02 BWV/RPR 10/02 HHI GV 12/02 OKW 9/03 VWL 11/03 BWV2/04 OKW/VB5/04 BWV/HRH6/04 HHI 10/04 BCV1/05 OKW 6/05 HHI 9/05 CR/Wonder 12/05 HRH/BWV 5/06 DLR 6/06 BWV 7/06 HHI 10/06 BWV/HRH 11/06OKW/RPR4/07 SSR 7/07 HHI 10/07 OKW/Magic/VWL 12/07 OKW 6/08 DLH 8/08 OKW/HRH10/08 BWV/RPR11/08 OKW/POP2/09 YC/RPR3/09 SSR 6/09 HHI 8/09 RPR/AKVJ/BWV/ASMo10/09 RPR2/10 FWCabins 4/10 BWV08/10 RPR/OKW10/10 BWV1/11 SSR 1/11BCV6/11 RPR/BCV11/11 BCV/AKJSAV 1/12 AKJSAV
On the Horizon HHI 6/12

Universal Orlando is Disney's Best Kept Secret!
Laurabearz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:08 PM   #1707
mking624
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Hi everybody and Happy Saturday after Thanksgiving Day Day! Just catching up on all the chit chat and getting quite a few laughs out of them! To those of you who have climbed back on the horse, or in this case road, welcome back! Trust me, I SO feel your pain. I've gotten a couple more shorter runs in this week and am starting to feel like a normal person again. The knee still bothers me but I'm going back to the physical therapist Tuesday and feel really hopeful as he is the BOMB! And getting the new Sauconys seem to help too. They're super lightweight and the sweetest shade of hot pink!

Still debating about the C2C but definitely not until 2014 as we're going to Italy next year for two weeks and it will definitely take some time for the trip account to recover after that one! I think the only concern for doing the DL 1/2 would be getting registered before it fills up. Does anyone know when the race usually is and when registration for it opens? I think the W&D opens in April so at least I have some time to still really think about that one Anyone else seriously considering it?
I know the 2013 Disneyland Half is August 30 - September 1. I believe it falls on the same weekend every year. Not quite sure when registration opens up. I know W&D registration opened on March 13th this year because I registered that first day. If I do C2C, it wouldn't be until 2014 at the earliest as well. I would like to do W&D again next year, but since we want to move to Florida next year also, that race is iffy. I'd be closer, obviously, but we want to save what we can for moving expenses. So that nixes the DL 1/2 for next year. So MAYBE 2014...but my cousin (who is also my best friend) is getting married that spring and I am her matron of honor. They are getting married in California, so I would already be doing a trip out there for that...and the wedding date is nowhere near any race dates. But I do plan on doing W&D that year since it will be the 5th anniversary. So it not even be until 2015 that I see my C2C. And now that I have a race in the books, I am already impatient for it. I know, I know...lots of training. But still, that medal is pretty and I WANT IT!
; 9/07 - PC, free dining, & MNSSHP;
11/08 - PC & MVMCP
; 6/09 - AKV; 9/10 - POFQ & free dining
9/11 - POFQ, free dining & NOJ/MNSSHP; 10/11 - ASMu & Halloween 5K; 4/12 - Disneyland;
11/12 - ASMu, free dining, and Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon; 5/13 - Disneyland/GC; 5/14 - AKV/PC
mking624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 12:04 AM   #1708
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby

Yes I'm seriously considering the coast to coast. My sister wants to do it this year but I just don't think I'll be able to. I really want to save some travel money. I think I will attempt it in 2014 when I have more time to plan ahead. I would like to try the princess but didn't want to rush it this year. But I do want to run the wine and dine again in 2013. It was a lot of fun!

I'm headed to the doc this week too. I need to see what's going on w my foot. I danced on it all night at a wedding but I think that was pure adrenaline and rum. I need to get over the fact that I'm constantly at the physical therapist so much and accept that it's normal for athletes to get injured.

Old 11-27-2012, 07:26 AM   #1709
PlutoBaby

Okay ladies, everybody let the doing a C2C in 2014 simmer on the back burner for everyone. I think it would be so much fun to all go together. It'd be like a Disney running family reunion!

I'm headed to the PT after work today and I'm hoping he can fix my knee once and for all. Run pain free? Don't know what that means!

The DH and I are officially 5k freaks for the time being. We have one scheduled every month for the next 3 months and then my running BFF and I are doing another 1/2 at the end of March. Of course that depends on what the PT tells me, but I expect big results! Wish us luck!

And a big to Team All Ears! Rock it!!

Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #1710
Figment1990
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutoBaby View Post
Okay ladies, everybody let the doing a C2C in 2014 simmer on the back burner for everyone. I think it would be so much fun to all go together. It'd be like a Disney running family reunion!

I'm headed to the PT after work today and I'm hoping he can fix my knee once and for all. Run pain free? Don't know what that means!

The DH and I are officially 5k freaks for the time being. We have one scheduled every month for the next 3 months and then my running BFF and I are doing another 1/2 at the end of March. Of course that depends on what the PT tells me, but I expect big results! Wish us luck!

And a big to Team All Ears! Rock it!!
Good luck Pluto! PM me if you need to vent or anything about your knee. I've BEEN THERE! (hope I never have to do it again, even though I still do my knee PT exercises daily). You can get through this. Good luck on your 5k's! I'm in for C2C in 2014! I think I have mapped out my running plan for 2013 (for longer races):

May - Pgh Marathon Relay (i'll probably end up with the 6.5 mile leg since i've logged the most miles on my team)
Aug - either the Pgh rock n Roll half or the DL Half
Sept - Pgh Great Race 10k
Nov - Wine & Dine Half
Feb 14 - Princess (with Race retreat etc!)

Of course, I woke up this morning and my stupid running toes were hurting and I said to myself: Are you SURE you want to go through all that again?!?!

DH has caught the running bug and plans to join me for the Marathon Relay. Hopefully. We shall see. For christmas I'm getting him a gift card to go get some good running shoes and clothes. He's literally C25k at this point - hasn't worked out in 4 years other than mowing the lawn.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: