Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #31
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Your ring is beautiful!

What part of SoFla are you in? I'm a SoFla girl-- born and raised!!

Your costumes look awesome!
I'm in Coral Springs (Ft. Lauderdale area). Thanks about the costumes, that makeup was a task! I kind of just figured it out as I went haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
Hey,

Your photos are brilliant! Loving the Disney Villans photo! You look great!

Cant wait to see inspiration pics!

XXX
Thank you! It's great to hear so many nice comments about our costumes. They were a lot of work but so worth it to wear in the parks!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #32
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

I'm in Boynton Beach! We are practically neighbors!
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #33
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I'm in Boynton Beach! We are practically neighbors!
Wow, that's awesome! Boynton is such a nice area. Now if only we were close enough to go to WDW on a more regular basis!

Old 02-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #34
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
Wow, that's awesome! Boynton is such a nice area. Now if only we were close enough to go to WDW on a more regular basis!
Exactly! 2.5 hours isn't too bad though!
Old 02-13-2012, 12:45 PM   #35
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Wedding Theme and Inspirations

Hey, everyone! I hope you all had a great weekend! Mine was weirdly busy so I didn’t get to post anything new like I wanted but now I’m back. I’ve been trying to write my pj posts in order so they make more sense to everyone and give you a good idea of my whole process so far. So, now that we’re done with all the introductory stuff, I guess you need to know our wedding theme! I’m calling it “vintage fairytale.” Yes, I know, kind of vague but it actually took me a long time to decide on a blanket title for all of my different inspirations! Here’s my inspiration board to give you a better idea of what’s in my head.

We’re using the fairytale theme because I want the wedding to have that Disney feel without being all-out Disney. Also, what’s more fairytale than marrying the person you love?!

Our colors are “blush,” “bashful,” and pewter. Actually, according to Pantone the two shades of pink are cream blush and peach pink but I changed the names in honor of Steel Magnolias, one of my all time favorite movies! The pewter is to represent DF’s favorite NFL team, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I think they look really chic all together!

Like I said before, I have a lot of seemingly random inspirations that I’m tying all together into what will hopefully be my very own stylish, personal, and unique wedding.
Here they are:

Fairytales - that's what the vintage looking books are for, I'm thinking about using them in the centerpieces with the floral and naming each table after a different fairytale
Sofia Coppola’s Marie Antoinette - everything about that movie is so beautiful! I would love a Marie Antoinette themed dessert table!
Shabby chic – I love floral patterns and the vintage look
Bows – love bows on anything from cakes to bridesmaid’s dresses
Steel Magnolias – a little southern charm never hurts (there will be no armadillo groom’s cakes!)
The Magic Kingdom at Night – this explains the picture with the couple dancing underneath the tree. I absolutely love the look of the
lights in the trees surrounding the hub of MK at night and really want to incorporate that into our décor somehow. Luckily, the exterior of the GF is lit at night in a really similar way to Main Street USA so I'm already part of the way there.

So, there they are. Seemingly random, I know, but in my head they all come together beautifully! These are just general inspirations and we won’t actually see how all of them come into play until further along in the game but, for now, this is what we’re working with. I would be so happy to find a way to incorporate them all! Oh, I forgot to mention that I have an obsession with French macarons at the moment and am determined to have them at the wedding in some capacity. We’ll see!

Last edited by tinydancr06; 02-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #36
mickin
Starlight, Starbright, first star I see tonight

yay more band people!!!! My wife...I get to say wife...and I are band dorks..we like to say dork instead of geek...We both went to FAU and were in the Marching OWLS. I am a horn player and Trace is a flute convert over to mellophone/horn. I have a degree in music ed..yay...did you know dr. Sean Murray at all. He is our assistant director of bands and got his stuff done at FSU. I love FSU, thinking of doing my masters there, although we live in VA at the moment...

Here we are in 07 or 08. Now were no Marching Cheifs but a band is a band!

Just out of curiosity would you possibly be a member of K K Psi at all?

Congrats on your Engagement and upcoming wedding! Ours went by so fast..enjoy it
Me Jay 25 DB Tracie 24 Luna First trip 1989, 1991-1995 All stars, Dixie Landing, 1996 DVC members at OKW, 1997-2008 All DVC resorts, Coranado, POP, 2009-2010 at least once a month, 2010 vinylmation obsession starts, May 2011 first stay at Bay Lake. Wedding set for Jan 6th at WP/ADH Our PJ

mickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #37
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Holy cow! I love your inspiration board and your colors-- your inspiration ideas are gorgeous!

I can't wait to see it all come together!
Old 02-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #38
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickin View Post
yay more band people!!!! My wife...I get to say wife...and I are band dorks..we like to say dork instead of geek...We both went to FAU and were in the Marching OWLS. I am a horn player and Trace is a flute convert over to mellophone/horn. I have a degree in music ed..yay...did you know dr. Sean Murray at all. He is our assistant director of bands and got his stuff done at FSU. I love FSU, thinking of doing my masters there, although we live in VA at the moment...

Here we are in 07 or 08. Now were no Marching Cheifs but a band is a band!

Just out of curiosity would you possibly be a member of K K Psi at all?

Congrats on your Engagement and upcoming wedding! Ours went by so fast..enjoy it
Thanks so much! This is all so weird. I'm a horn player, too! And, while I wasn't in Psi my DF is and I am a sister in Tau Beta Sigma. I didn't know Sean Murray personally but he got my parents tickets to the Prism concert at FSU when I was a student in the Tri-State festival and I'll never forget how nice he was to them. FSU is a great place, especially for music ed (I majored in instrumental music ed!) so if you're thinking about it at all then yay! By the way, your picture is super cute! Gotta love a band couple. Congrats on tying the knot!!!

Quote:
Holy cow! I love your inspiration board and your colors-- your inspiration ideas are gorgeous!

I can't wait to see it all come together!
Thank you!

Old 02-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #39
Fay
DIS Veteran

Your colours are similar to ours... with out the pewter... were having white instead! Yay for blush and bashful! Brilliant film steel magnolias!

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 02:40 PM   #40
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Our First Contact with DFTW

EDIT: I decided I to edit this post after I realized that I don't want any unnecessary negativity taking up space in my pj so I'll summarize everything I wrote.

I made my first contact with DFTW at 24 months out from our planned wedding date. Technically, you're not really supposed to do this until 18 months out but I had heard that a lot of people were getting to do it early so I decided to try my luck. The first DFTW employee I spoke to gave me a pretty hard time about it so I ended up talking to someone else who was amazing and even assigned us a consultant, no questions asked. While I was disappointed with my service the first time around, the second time was everything you would expect of a DFTW employee and more! The moral of my story is this: you CAN start the process with DFTW at 24 months out but, depending on who you talk to, it may not be easy.

ANYWAY, all negatives aside I got my consultant! Ours is Bill Barchik and we have our Site Vist scheduled for next month! YAY! More about the site visit trip coming soon!

Last edited by tinydancr06; 02-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:01 PM   #41
Fay
DIS Veteran

Red face

Wow... What a post! hehe But sometimes I do wonder about some of the Disney Employees! You'd think they would be all about happiness and customer service seeing as people want the disney package!

One of the reasons we ended up choosing not to get married at Disney, was because we scheduled a walk round the pavilion with an employee over the phone, and they didn't show! We even rang up and asked where this person was they said they had forgotten!!!

Needless to say we booked another appointment with a lady when we got home, took all our family down there...in the RAIN!!! and again! The show round was no where to be seen! I was embarrassed because I had booked the app, when we called up again they said were really sorry nobody of that name works here!!!! WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THAT??? LOL

Any way... At least you got it sorted... It would be good if you could remember her name I think she needs TELLING OFF!!!!

hehe.. Oooo sorry about the mini rant! lol

Muchos Love!!!!

XXX

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:56 PM   #42
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

I'm glad things worked out..
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #43
Icecoldpenguin
May the Force Be With You

that is a lot of the reason that some brides choose to move on from DFTW to Swan and Dolphin or even at home weddings. They just don't want to deal with unpredictability of DFTW. I am glad that it worked out for you and I hope that things continue to work well for you.

Teresa

TRIPS:
Now a Florida Resident and Visiting as much as possible!
All 5 SWW 2014 Turkey Day '13 VWL, Labor Day '13, May '13/June '13-SWW 1,3 & 4 May '13-Disneyland, Nov '12-Pop, Oct '12 Swan, Jun/Jul '12 Disney World Wedding/Honeymoon, Dec '11 Wilderness Lodge, Oct '11 Poly, June '11-ASMo, June '10 ASMu, 2000 Offsite
Icecoldpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #44
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
Wow... What a post! hehe But sometimes I do wonder about some of the Disney Employees! You'd think they would be all about happiness and customer service seeing as people want the disney package!

One of the reasons we ended up choosing not to get married at Disney, was because we scheduled a walk round the pavilion with an employee over the phone, and they didn't show! We even rang up and asked where this person was they said they had forgotten!!!

Needless to say we booked another appointment with a lady when we got home, took all our family down there...in the RAIN!!! and again! The show round was no where to be seen! I was embarrassed because I had booked the app, when we called up again they said were really sorry nobody of that name works here!!!! WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THAT??? LOL

Any way... At least you got it sorted... It would be good if you could remember her name I think she needs TELLING OFF!!!!

hehe.. Oooo sorry about the mini rant! lol

Muchos Love!!!!

XXX
Wow! I'm sorry that happened to you! Well, everything happens for a reason so I know your wedding will be amazing in the venue you've chosen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
I'm glad things worked out..
They definitely did work out. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecoldpenguin View Post
that is a lot of the reason that some brides choose to move on from DFTW to Swan and Dolphin or even at home weddings. They just don't want to deal with unpredictability of DFTW. I am glad that it worked out for you and I hope that things continue to work well for you.

Teresa
That makes a lot of sense. Hopefully, that unpredictability doesn't come up again for me or any other Disney brides. I am such a believer in the Disney "magic" and I hope that's all we get from here on out.

Thanks so much for reading! I'm so happy to have real readers! You guys rock!

Old 02-14-2012, 02:57 PM   #45
DisneyBamaBride
Mouseketeer

Congratulations

All of us 2013 brides can finally say were getting married next year!

:D
DisneyBamaBride is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: