Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #241
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

I love your Toy Story group!! You guys all look fantastic! Love the MNSSHP TR and congrats on getting your date!

And of course your engagement photos are beautiful! I could have sworn I commented on them before, but I guess I must have seen them on facebook. Anyway, they're gorgeous! I especially love the one with the fountain.
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:39 AM   #242
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

MNSSHP TR Day Two - Park Hopping and Food & Wine

(Sorry some of the pictures are huge!) Day two of our MNSSHP trips pretty much always consists of hopping from AK to DHS and then finishing off with Food and Wine at EPCOT. This year was no different so our first stop was Animal Kingdom.

Our first stop was the Tree of Life for a picture:

Then we headed straight over to Everest for a few rides. That one is a group favorite for sure. Since it was still early we got to ride twice pretty much back to back. Everest is definitely one of my favorite ways to start a day in the parks!

After Everest, we headed over to Dinosaur. Certain people in our group are TERRIFIED of this ride! Itís hilarious every time! After that we wandered a bit and then I think we headed out and made our way over to Hollywood Studios.

Once we got to DHS we headed straight for ToT. A few of my friends are not the biggest fans of ToT so they sat it out. I LOVE it though! Afterwards we picked up the scaredy-cats and went over to Rockiní Rollercoaster. Everyone loves that one so itís a blast everytime. We have an inside joke about the pre-show when Steven Tyler says ďWait a minute, I have an ideaÖĒ about taking the guests to the concert when them. Right when he says it he puts his hand on his forehead in this weird way. Throughout the trip we would just randomly put our hand on forehead and say ďWait a minute!Ē You can actually see one of our guys in the background of this picture impersonating Steven Tyler while we waited to get on the ride!

After RnRC we hit Star Tours. We were hoping for the pod racing sequence since one of the guys in the group is a big Star Wars fan and hadnít gotten it yet. Well, we got it! We were a little too excited.

After that we headed to Toy Story Midway Mania. Of course, we had to get a picture of all of our costume characters. Collect them all!

As a side note, Ryan (DF) got the highest score in the ride vehicle and he was VERY proud of himself. Probably too proudÖ

Once finished with that we decided it was Food and Wine time so we hopped the tram back to the cars. Weíve unintentionally started this tradition of taking goofy pictures during the tram ride. Hereís just a taste of the silliness.

Once we got to Epcot we were all starving and ready for the deliciousness to begin.

We decided to head in the Mexico direction and start with margaritas. From there we ate and drank our way around the world and had a total blast. If you didnít notice, we like to wear FSU shirts on our park hopping day and this year we decided to all do the super subtle (lol!) matching neon ones. Iíve noticed there are always tons of college football fans in the parks on Saturdays in the parks. It makes for lots of fun meetings with other park guests. We made friends with so many other FSU and football fans while going around the world showcase. Everyoneís always in such a good mood at Food and Wine so people are super energetic and chatty. Anyway, we did eventually make it all the way around the world with a few rest stops along the way. We always like to stop and sit on the steps in Italy and split a bottle of Rosa Regale between everyone while we eat.

Our friend Kelly being thoughtful in Italy during our pit stop.

Ryan feeding me the DELICIOUS Ravioli Bolognese from the Italy kiosk, one of my favorites, while everyone finished off the Rosa.

Being silly somewhere around the world. This is a good depiction of how we were all night.

Making new friends. You can tell who they are because they arenít wearing our obnoxious shirts.

Taking a break in France.

Aurora was out so, of course, I had to get a picture with her. She invited me to a ball at the castle!

Just for fun, hereís everything I got to eat while going around. I loved EVERYTHING!
Argentina: Grilled Beef Skewer with Chimichurri Sauce and Boniato Purťe
Canada: Cheddar Cheese Soup (duh!)
Cheese Kiosk: Cheese Fondue with Sourdough Bread
Italy: Ravioli di Formaggio Allíemiliana (Baked Cheese Ravioli, Creamy
Beef Bolognese, Parmesan, Mozzarella)
Morocco: Kefta Pocket (Ground Seasoned Beef in a Pita Pocket)
Poland: Kielbasa & Potato Pierogie with Caramelized Onions and Sour
Cream

Ryan and I split most of everything and, seriously, everything was amazing. I am definitely not the most adventurous eater but I always enjoy the things I try at Food and Wine. Everyone should experience it!

After finishing off the entire World Showcase we decided to run over to Soarin and get in a ride before we left. I looove that ride and it feels weird to leave Epcot without hearing that gorgeous music! After that it was time to head out and go to bed!

Next up: A little bit of Universal and back to the Magic Kingdom!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #243
redlight
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ryan feeding me the DELICIOUS Ravioli Bolognese from the Italy kiosk, one of my favorites, while everyone finished off the Rosa.
Great picture!

The whole menu sounds delicious!

Amy
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #244
MickeysStarTrader
I shall call him squishy and he shall be mine and he shall be my squishy

Congrats Lindsay on getting your date!!! I bet that felt like it took FOREVER! You're getting married the day before me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinydancr06 View Post
After Everest, we headed over to Dinosaur. Certain people in our group are TERRIFIED of this ride!
I am one of those people!!

Quote:
Afterwards we picked up the scaredy-cats and went over to Rockiní Rollercoaster. Everyone loves that one so itís a blast everytime. We have an inside joke about the pre-show when Steven Tyler says ďWait a minute, I have an ideaÖĒ about taking the guests to the concert when them. Right when he says it he puts his hand on his forehead in this weird way.
I know exactly what you mean!!

Quote:
After finishing off the entire World Showcase we decided to run over to Soarin and get in a ride before we left. I looove that ride and it feels weird to leave Epcot without hearing that gorgeous music! After that it was time to head out and go to bed!

Next up: A little bit of Universal and back to the Magic Kingdom!
Now I have the music in my head! thanks for the TR, can't wait for more!
MickeysStarTrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #245
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redlight View Post
Great picture!

The whole menu sounds delicious!
Haha, thank you! Everything seriously was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeysStarTrader View Post
Congrats Lindsay on getting your date!!! I bet that felt like it took FOREVER! You're getting married the day before me!

I am one of those people!!

I know exactly what you mean!!

Now I have the music in my head! thanks for the TR, can't wait for more!
It definitely did feel like forever but now, looking back, it went pretty fast! Yay for October weddings!!!

I'm so glad you're enjoying the TR! There are definitely worse things that could be stuck in your head than the Soarin music!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:26 AM   #246
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

MNSSHP TR Day Three - Universal and More MK

This was the day that most of our friends left so we checked out of the hotel and went to breakfast before they got on the road. After breakfast we headed over to All Star Movies and checked in for the night. This is another resort we hadn't stayed at before so check that one off the list! I need to go back though because I didn't get to spen any time in the gift shop which is one of my rituals.

Anyway, after checking in we headed over to Universal. Our friend had gotten us tickets so we couldn't pass it up. We just quickly went through all the things we wanted since the crowds weren't heavy. Here's a visual idea of our time spent at Universal.

Meeting with our friend and bridesmaid, Kellie!

We got to ride the new Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem for the first time. It was cutie!

Goose Juice in Seuss Landing

Butterbeer in Wizarding World

We hit most of the bigger rides in both parks so we were content to head out as soon as we were done. Oh, and the new graphics in Spiderman look great!

After a quick nap back at the hotel, we headed back for one more night in the Magic Kingdom. My favorite!

We had dinner at Pecos Billís and then got down to the fun stuff. Notable things that happened:

We got a GREAT spot for the Mainstreet Electrical Parade. Right in-between the Liberty Bell and the flags in Liberty Square. People literally arenít allowed to stand in front of the rope so if you stand right behind it the view is perfect!

Taking pictures of Beastís castle from afar. Of course we were there like A WEEK before the new Fantasyland rehearsals began. UGH!

We had our FIRST RIDE EVER on Dumbo. LikeÖever. I was very excited. The new waiting area inside the circus tent is very fun, too!

We also had our first ride ever on the Astro Orbiter but none of the pictures turned out very well. I will say, it was fun, but TOTALLY not worth the annoying waiting process with the elevator and everything. Iím glad we did it, though!

We got to do almost everything else as well, Big Thunder again, Splash Mountain, Philharmagic, Space Mountain, Laugh Floor, all the usual stuff. We had such a blast!

We were pretty much exhausted by the time we finished everything and we had to be up early the next morning so we left MK and headed back to the car. Weird side note, out of necessity, both times we went to MK on this trip we took the ferry back to the TTC. The monorail definitely feels faster but it really is a pleasant ride on the ferry!

Up Next (and last!): Engagement Shoot and a Stop in Downtown Disney

Old 11-11-2012, 02:56 PM   #247
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Looks like a great trip.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:23 AM   #248
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

MNSSHP TR Last Day - Engagement Shoot and DTD

So, the last day was our E-shoot day with Regina! I had booked Beaute to do my hair and makeup and Jackie arrived at our room at 6am on the dot. I can honestly say doing this was SO worth the time and money since, had I done my own hair and makeup, I would have had to be up that early anyway and this way I KNEW I would be happy with how I looked. Jackie was amazing and totally friendly. You would think a random stranger being in your room at the crack of dawn (with your fiancť still asleep!) would be incredibly awkward but it wasnít at all and Jackie and I actually hit it off. We talked about everything under the sun and by the time we were done I looked like a much prettier version of me!

After that Ryan and I got dressed in the outfits that I had painstakingly picked out for the shoot. I am glad I put the time into them because I really love how they turned out looking. I took a picture of Ryan in his outfit but I canít find it so here I am all ready to go.

Once we were ready we got packed up (we wouldnít be returning to the hotel) and headed over to POR. Of course, we somehow got a little lost and ended up at the entrance to EPCOT so we ended up being like 8 minutes late to meet Regina but she was totally cool about it thankfully. We met in the lobby and from there she took as alllll over Riversideís property to every pretty spot you could think of. She was really great about giving us direction since we arenít that versed in getting in front of a camera. She told us what to do and how to stand in most pictures but I donít think they look posed at all. Once we had hit all of the pretty Riverside spots Regina even asked if we wanted to spend a little time at French Quarter since we had about 30 minutes left so we headed over there. Some of my favorite shots are from that time period so Iím so glad she suggested it. Overall the whole experience with Regina was really great and it just made us feel so excited and comforted that she will be the one capturing the BIG day! Just as a note, we did go with her lowest package which was an hour and a half of photography with one location and no outfit changes. I think, for us, this was the absolute perfect package. We didnít see the need for changing outfits and really didnít feel like doing it anyway and I was so taken with POR that it wasnít necessary to change locations. At no point during the 1.5 hour did we ever feel rushed to get shots. It was totally casual and perfect!

So, with all that said, here are my favorite shots from the shoot!

Iím in love with this last one because, if you notice, the flag off to the right on the light pole actually says Briar Rose! Itís one of those things no one else would probably even notice but with Sleeping Beauty being our overall theme I was so excited to see it! It wasnít intentional but totally made my day.

After we said goodbye to Regina we decided to head over to DTD for a little bit of shopping and some lunch before we left. I made the usual rounds at World of Disney and just HAD to make a stop at Basin White. Ever since the site visit trip Iíve been obsessed with that place! I restocked our bath bomb supply and then decided to make up little tubes of bath salts for all the girls coming down for my dress shopping day. More about those later but they are really fun to scoop and put together your self and there was actually a deal for 6 (which is the number I needed) and you got a little makeup bag with it!

After shopping we decided to have lunch at Pollo Campero for something quick. The food was surprisingly good. We both had some chicken dish with rice and plantains I think and it really was very good and filling. Before leaving I had to get one final picture honoring my favorite princess!

Then it was time to head back home and to the real world. It was another fantastic trip and of course we canít wait to get back to the World!

*Since Iím finally done with this TR soon I will be posting about my dress shopping experience and saying ďyesĒ to the dress so look for that and other planning stuff coming up next! Itís finally wedding planning go time!

Old 11-13-2012, 03:00 PM   #249
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Love the hair and OMG those photos are amazing.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #250
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on getting your 1st choice date and time! And all of your costumes look great! Looks like you guys had fun!
Old 11-13-2012, 08:46 PM   #251
tashka87
Mouseketeer

I love your engagement pictures! Very magical..
Old 11-14-2012, 04:45 AM   #252
NoOrdinaryPrincess
DIS Veteran

Just catching up! Can't wait for more!
NoOrdinaryPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:37 AM   #253
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Gorgeous engagement photos!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:08 AM   #254
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Love the hair and OMG those photos are amazing.
Thank you so much! My hair inspiration was actually from one of Paris Hilton's red carpet looks. Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Congratulations on getting your 1st choice date and time! And all of your costumes look great! Looks like you guys had fun!
Thank you! We were very excited and surpised to get what we wanted. And yes, we had a fantastic time on the trip! Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by tashka87 View Post
I love your engagement pictures! Very magical..
Aw, thank you! Magical was definitely the goal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Just catching up! Can't wait for more!
Thanks so much for always following! I'll be following with your food report to return the favor

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleKittyMarie View Post
Gorgeous engagement photos!
Thank you so much!

Old 11-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #255
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Enjoyed all the pics from your trip! We just got back a couple of days ago where we hit the F&W festival that first evening--it was quite chilly as anyone there could attest. Our first park the next morning was AK, and we did EE five times straight. Gotta love the ride! Congrats on getting your date!

sleepydog25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: