Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2012, 10:06 AM   #151
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
Awesome trip report! Your pics are so festive & fun
Thank you! So glad you're reading!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOrdinaryPrincess View Post
Following along! Your site visit TR is so informative! Thank you!
Thanks! I'm glad you found the info helpful. It felt like I was rambling but I didn't want to leave anything out!

Check Out My Planning Journal!!!

tinydancr06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #152
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Engagement Session Details

Now that I'm done reliving our amazing site visit trip I have a few updates for you guys. First up, engagement pictures!

Well, we've chosen our photographer and it will be...Regina Hyman! I'm incredibly excited about this because I've seen so much beautiful work from her on these boards and elsewhere and I can't wait to see what she will do for us. We are planning on using her for the wedding too but we don't have a date yet so we will have to wait to book the wedding photography later. She's been so accommodating with my questions and figuring out how the package will work. She also helped get my butt in gear with choosing a date for the e-session because she kindly let me know that the time period I was looking at was filling up fast! I love her already!

We booked our session for 9am on October 8th. That will be the last day of our annual MNSSHP trip with our friends so we have lots to look forward to! Now that the session is booked I guess I should show you all some of my ideas and plans for the shoot!

First off, the location. After staying there for the site visit Ryan and I totally fell in love with the grounds of POR so that will be the backdrop for our engagement photos! To give you an idea of what that backdrop will look like:

Seriously, how much prettier does it get? If you remember, I've included the movie Steel Magnolias in my inspirations for the wedding and this will be perfect as the movie is set in Louisiana! Also, I've always thought a plantation house would make a beautiful setting for a wedding so you can see why I like the look of POR.

I had the idea of possibly paying for a carriage ride at POR during the shoot. I think this could turn out very pretty and would be perfect to get the fairytale feel. I hope this is feasible. I think the rides are like 20 minutes long so it seems like it could work. How cool would that be?

Here we are on our scenic carriage ride.

For hair and/or makeup I am going to try to book Beaute Speciale. I just contacted them so we'll see how that goes. My hair is just too disagreeable to trust for a photo shoot! I'm not decided on if I'll use them for makeup or just do my own but definitely for hair! To incorporate a tiny touch of Sleeping Beauty I want to use a simple black headband like Briar Rose wears. No poof in the front, though!

I have long blonde hair that is naturally curly so when they blow it out it will have just enough of that Aurora look. For the style I'm thinking something not too fussy, maybe half up. I love Gossip Girl and Blair Waldorf is the headband queen so here are some of my hair inspirations.

Obviously, she doesn't have blonde hair so here's what the combo of the black headband and blonde hair would look like.

Ok, so hers is dark blue but you get the point. I love bows but I won't have one on the headband I use because that just screams Alice to me. I love Alice but Aurora's my girl. And, no, I don't know why she's making that face!

I'm not sure of exactly what we'll wear just yet. I'm thinking a knee length dress for me. Something casual but cute. Maybe floral, in one of our colors, or white. I don't know about Ryan either. Again, something casual but nice. I'll let you guys know when I make more progress on the outfit front!

Finally, I'm not big on props but I'm thinking of DIYing one for the shoot. I want to make a paper scroll with "Save the Date" written on it in large, medieval looking letters. We can incorporate this into the shoot somehow and then use the photo for our STDs. If that goes well I may make another one with "Once Upon a Dream" written on it to get one more Sleeping Beauty touch. Here's a rough idea of what it would look like:

Ignore the text on the scroll and imagine this on it.

These are just random pictures I found online but they'll work for now. I could possibly use something like these medieval alphabet stamps I found on Etsy to do the text.

I'll do a full post on the project when I do it!

I think that's everything I've got for now. In my mind, all of this combines to create an end result that looks something like this.

Thanks for reading!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-04-2012, 02:20 PM   #153
DoomBuggy0922
DIS Veteran

You're RIGHT! They did change the name of Tinkerbell's Treasures. Like, what's up with that?!?!

Regina is a fabulous choice for a photographer. I wonder what her prices for her longer packages will be? We have her booked for an anniversary shoot in December: I can't wait to work with her again! You will not be unhappy.

I think a carriage ride during your epics would be fabulous! Like, really fabulous. The "Save the Date" idea is awesome too. If you didn't want to DIY it, I'm sure you could find something like that on etsy. I like the stamps too though.

'96[POFQ] '97 [POR]; '99[POFQ] '02[OKW] '03[gparents condo] '04[gparents condo & DCL] '05[condo] '06[PC] '07[SSR] 3/08[condo] 9/08[PC] 6/09[POFQ]; 12/09[PC] '10[AKL&PC] 3/11[SSR] 8/11[PC] 01/12:BCV, GF, and BLT (Weddingmoon!!!); 05/12:AKL-KV; 12/12: SSR; 2/13: OKW; 4/13: BWV & OKW; 07/13: VWL & BCV; 09/13: BWV & YC; 11/13: PC and BWI

Next Trip: Christmas at SSR and BCV!

DFTW PJ and Honeymoon TR Memorial Day Weekend TR
DoomBuggy0922 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:29 PM   #154
CinderALLIE
DIS Veteran

Love your engagement shoot ideas. The carriage ride seems like a perfect idea.

18/10/09-9/9/09 - First trip to Disneyland with side trip to Walt Disney Family Museum *Backstage Magic Tour and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel*

MY LIFE SUCKS!! No trips planned, hopefully late 2014 or sometime in 2015
CinderALLIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:16 AM   #155
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomBuggy0922 View Post
You're RIGHT! They did change the name of Tinkerbell's Treasures. Like, what's up with that?!?!

Regina is a fabulous choice for a photographer. I wonder what her prices for her longer packages will be? We have her booked for an anniversary shoot in December: I can't wait to work with her again! You will not be unhappy.

I think a carriage ride during your epics would be fabulous! Like, really fabulous. The "Save the Date" idea is awesome too. If you didn't want to DIY it, I'm sure you could find something like that on etsy. I like the stamps too though.
Haha, you reminded me of Kenan. "What up with that?!" Really though, it gets confusing when they change the names of shops like that! What's the big difference? It makes it difficult for people like us to find pretty pink Cinderella dresses!

I am sososo excited about Regina! Your anniversary pics will be beautiful. When you say "longer packages" do you mean like her wedding packages? I have her pricing doc if you're interested

I love the carriage ride idea too but I just realized that they probably don't offer them in the morning. I'll have to look into that!

I looked on Etsy for something like the scroll thing but surprsisingly didn't find anything! I am sure one of the many talented people on there could do it, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinderALLIE View Post
Love your engagement shoot ideas. The carriage ride seems like a perfect idea.
Thank you! The carriage ride thing may not be possible in the morning but I'm going to do some research!

Old 04-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #156
sarahb01
Mouseketeer

I love all of your ideas for your engagement session! I think it will be beautiful!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #157
Wshs0127
Mouseketeer

Wow Lindsay, you are so on the ball, your making me get my butt in gear lol! That's a great idea to look up inspiration photos for your engagement session, I haven't even thought of that!

We're hiring Regina as our photographer too! She's so sweet and her work is amazing! We get to book the wedding date next week finally!

Way to go on your early planning, I wish I was more organized! I'm so confused on what I want, too many choices lol! It doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist as well and put too much pressure on myself!

Going to search for engagement photo ideas now!
Wshs0127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #158
yourgypsy
Mouseketeer

Man, you're so on top of things! I LOVE the idea of using the carriage ride. I can imagine the pictures you'd get during that and they'd come out SO amazing!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #159
virtuous girl
Faith, trust, & pixie dust

AaaaHhhhhhhh! u got REGINA!! How exciting Great ideas for your e-pics
Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #160
belle2211
DIS Veteran

Yay for getting Regina! She is sooo much fun to work with and her pictures are AMAZING! We have our anniversary shoot with her in June...and I'm struggling to find a dress!
belle2211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #161
Fay
DIS Veteran

The places you've chosen for your photos are beautiful, they will make stunning pictures.

Your hair inspiration photos are cute too, I like the idea of wearing a cute head band. Very sleeping beauty!

X X X

Fay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #162
Sizzle
Mouseketeer

You are SO creative!! These inspiration pics are just great. I am so happy you got the Photographer you wanted, you can rest assured that your pictures will be EXACTLY how you want them!!

Port Orleans is the perfect backdrop and I would bet you could do some pics on the carriage, how cute will that be??
Old 04-07-2012, 10:42 AM   #163
MrsDuck
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to see your photos!
Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #164
tinydancr06
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahb01 View Post
I love all of your ideas for your engagement session! I think it will be beautiful!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wshs0127 View Post
Wow Lindsay, you are so on the ball, your making me get my butt in gear lol! That's a great idea to look up inspiration photos for your engagement session, I haven't even thought of that!

We're hiring Regina as our photographer too! She's so sweet and her work is amazing! We get to book the wedding date next week finally!

Way to go on your early planning, I wish I was more organized! I'm so confused on what I want, too many choices lol! It doesn't help that I'm a perfectionist as well and put too much pressure on myself!

Going to search for engagement photo ideas now!
Aw, thank you! To be honest, finding inspiration for the engagement pictures is just one more thing I can do to entertain myself during the waiting process. I definitely think the photos will turn out better for it, though! Your photos will turn out beautifully no matter what you do. I think engaged couples have a sort of glow about them that makes the photos effortlessly beautiful regardless of preparation.

Yay, for getting Regina! She definitely has a bit of a fan club around here and she has just been so nice to talk to. That's so exciting that you get to book next week!!!

I am really not that organized, I just try to write things down as I think of them so I don't forget! I am for sure a perfectionist too but I think when you see your options you'll just know what's right for you.

Have fun looking for inspiration! Let us know what you find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourgypsy View Post
Man, you're so on top of things! I LOVE the idea of using the carriage ride. I can imagine the pictures you'd get during that and they'd come out SO amazing!
Thank you! Again, I just try to jot things down so I don't forget my better ideas! Haha. How cool would it be to do the carriage?! I really don't know if they run in the morning though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtuous girl View Post
AaaaHhhhhhhh! u got REGINA!! How exciting Great ideas for your e-pics
Yaaay, Regina! Thankyouthankyou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by belle2211 View Post
Yay for getting Regina! She is sooo much fun to work with and her pictures are AMAZING! We have our anniversary shoot with her in June...and I'm struggling to find a dress!
Thanks! We're so excited! I'm struggling with my outfit options too but hopefully I'll just stumble upon something I love along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fay View Post
The places you've chosen for your photos are beautiful, they will make stunning pictures.

Your hair inspiration photos are cute too, I like the idea of wearing a cute head band. Very sleeping beauty!

X X X
Thanks, Fay! I have to say I love the hair pics, too. Blair on Gossip Girl is famous for headbands and I just love her all around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
You are SO creative!! These inspiration pics are just great. I am so happy you got the Photographer you wanted, you can rest assured that your pictures will be EXACTLY how you want them!!

Port Orleans is the perfect backdrop and I would bet you could do some pics on the carriage, how cute will that be??
Thanks for the compliment! I like to consider myself to be a creative person so I really take that to heart.

The carriage would be SO cute but even if we can't do that I agree that POR will be perfect. It's so cool that we can take our photos in a place that totally doesn't look like Florida (where we live) without leaving the state!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsDuck View Post
Can't wait to see your photos!
Thanks, Faith! Not gonna lie, your engagement photo ideas were definitely an inspiration of mine. So creative and fun!

Old 04-07-2012, 04:04 PM   #165
iloisfra
Roads? Where we're going we don't need... roads.

Hi! I'm joining in! Can't wait to read more!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: