Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
ddevito
Earning My Ears

J&D 17 September 2013 Wishes Wedding

Event date: 17 September 2013
Wishes Wedding
# of Guests: Invited 70
Guest Resorts: All Star Movies; Port Orleans French Quarter; Boardwalk
Event Venues: Sea Breeze Point-ceremony; Living Seas-reception; Italy West Isola-dessert Party
No Rehearsal Dinner, no Farewell Brunch, no Bachelor/Bachelorette Party
Photography: Disney
No Video
Floral: Disney
Hair & Makeup: Beauty Speciale
Reverend: Tim Herring (catholic-esque service
Tuxedo rental: Carol Allen
Dress Tails.
Dress Steaming & Shipping: Carolyn Allen
We are using Carol Allen for both tuxedo rentals and gown steaming. It is great they provide both of these services under one business. They will deliver and pick up the tuxedos and come to the resort to steam my dress. Really happy about that.

We had our planning session. I am still waiting on budgets to finalize and confirm details.

Last edited by ddevito; 06-13-2013 at 02:42 PM. Reason: misspellings
ddevito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

Congratulations and welcome! Can't wait to see the details!
Register to remove

Old 06-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #3
ddevito
Earning My Ears

This is my dress:

I am still looking for earrings and don't intend on wearing a necklace.

I am wearing my tiara from Swarovski for my headpiece (this is my something old):

Save the Dates sent out in December 2012:

These are the formal invitations:

The colors are basically black and white - or as I have been saying champagne and caviar.

I am imagining clean lines, understated elegance (less is more if you will). Garden roses for the bouquet and in the floral decor.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
ddevito
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by charliegirl76 View Post
Congratulations and welcome! Can't wait to see the details!
Thanks Charlie girl. I have been trying all afternoon and half the night to get pictures loaded. So not fun when things don't work correctly.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #5
bigskyernurse

Pick ME! Pick ME!

Your dress is stunning!!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:39 PM   #6
LittleKittyMarie
DIS Veteran

Congratulations!

That is a gorgeous dress, I've anything like those flowers and satin details. Beautiful. I love your stationary, the golden ticket is such a clever idea! Also champagne and caviar, I love that!

Looking forward to following along!
2013 WDW Wedding: BWV & GF | 2013 DCL: Fantasy 7-Night | 2013 ABD: BSM
LittleKittyMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 11:37 AM   #7
ddevito
Earning My Ears

Thank you all so much for the kind words!!!
I am hoping to duplicate the flowers in the floral arrangements. Since the dress is so dramatic I am thinking the very simple, clean lines will work very well.

Disney is so good about decor that I think minimal will be perfect.

The Golden ticket was a must for me - the original Willy Wonka movie is very dear to me. It began my crush on Gene Wilder- I love his humor, his timing and his facial expressions. His work is brilliant! If I could have Gene Wilder walk me down the aisle I would. My entrance song is going to be the instrumental "pure imagination."

I am in the process of compiling the music for the event and will post that as soon as I can.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
rrali33tt
Mouseketeer

Your save-the-dates are AMAZING! Such a great idea!!

I am looking forward to reading more about your plans!

how did you get AOA in your room block? When I asked about 2014 weddings, they told me AOA was not available for room block.

rrali33tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:41 PM   #9
ddevito
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrali33tt View Post
Your save-the-dates are AMAZING! Such a great idea!!

I am looking forward to reading more about your plans!

how did you get AOA in your room block? When I asked about 2014 weddings, they told me AOA was not available for room block.
I am so sorry, I must of have been pre-occupied. It is not the Art of Animation, it is All Star Movies for the Value resort. I will try to see if I can edit it. Thanks for catching that!

Thanks also about the kind words regarding "my golden tickets."
Old 06-13-2013, 08:33 PM   #10
charliegirl76
Mouseketeer

You're right, no necklace needed for that gorgeous dress! I agree, let the dress be focus and keep the accessories to a minimum, clean and basic. I'm loving the colors and clean lines. Typically, I'm a pretty basic person, I like clean lines and a more contemporary feel. Not that you could tell from how my wedding is coming along, but I guess there was a party inside me just waiting to get out! LOL

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 06-13-2013, 09:15 PM   #11
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I love the Golden Tickets. Gene Wilder is an amazing actor, I don't blame you for loving him! The entrance to Pure Imagination is so cool!
The dress is gorgeous! I don't think you need much jewelry as it is so detailed. Looking forest to more plans
Old 06-13-2013, 09:16 PM   #12
Summer Daydream
Mouseketeer

I love the Golden Tickets. Gene Wilder is an amazing actor, I don't blame you for loving him! The entrance to Pure Imagination is so cool!
Your dress is gorgeous! I don't think you need too much jewelry since the dress is so detailed. Looking forward to more of your plans
Old 06-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #13
disneydania
Disney-obsessed & Proud of It

My goodness your dress is just stunning. The tiara is gorgeous. Everything else is perfect. You are definitely on the right track.

Family Trips: 04/04 Disneymoon POR, 01/05 Disney BabyMoon BWR, 12/06 Baby's 1st DIS Trip WL, 06/11 Boys' Joint B-day Trip CR, 01/13 Family Holiday Trip BCR

My single days: 1st WDW trip '83, WDW '85, WDW '86, DL '88, WDW '94, WDW '96, WDW '97, WDW '98, WDW '99, DLP '00, WDW '00, WDW '01, WDW '02, WDW '03

disneydania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 09:39 AM   #14
ddevito
Earning My Ears

A bit about us.

I met J a few months after moving back to the west coast to accept a new position. We met through an acquaintance who said I should J because he and I had very similar view on politics, religion, the world in general, etc. etc.
So he was at a local venue selling tickets to promote the band he managed. He had one last ticket and his pick up line was if he wins I have to go with him to the concert and if I win I have to take him. I told him I didn’t go anywhere with strangers. He thought that was funny. When I was ready to leave he walked me to my car to make sure “I was safe” and he was no longer a stranger. Later that night he text me to see if I got home safely and then asked me to dinner. I declined (I don’t go out with anyone who can’t ask properly and a text is not proper.) A few days later he text again. And then a few days later again.

About a month later was Halloween. My new found friends and acquaintances (who were also very new to this city) and I decide to rent out a local place and have a Halloween party and just invite everyone we know. So I call J and tell him about the event and let him know he is welcome to join in. (He still sees this as our first date- I don’t, it was just a party with everyone I knew). J came to the party and asked why I kept refusing his dinner invitations. I told him because he hadn’t asked properly as a text was not appropriate.
His southern gentleman immediately perked up (he is originally from North Carolina). He asked properly and we went to lunch a few days later. We were having some conversation about television and movies and I made some comment about not getting the whole Sex and the City thing and I must be the only female who had never watched the show or the movies and had no desire to do so. J then asked me to marry him. He was very serious. I laughed it off.

So a few years later we were still seeing each other, he must have asked me to marry him 3 or 4 times in conversation and I laughed it off. We both had been married and divorced before and the experience was not good. We had visited his family one the east coast once when I had a conference and J went with me. We had spent some holidays together with my friends and family. My grown sons liked him and called him for automotive advice, girl advice, etc.

We went with the whole family to Disney World a few Christmas’ ago and I made the comment that if I ever got remarried it would have to be in Disney (land or world) and be nothing but a big happy celebration. So last year we were all home in Vegas for Christmas and My oldest said “mom, when are you just going to marry him?” And J said “yeah when?”

We went looking for rings. Now, J knew I had to pick it out because I have a gift for diamonds. I can spot a real diamond at 1000 paces. I can gauge the 4C’s without a loop – an idiot savant for diamonds if you will. I have no idea where I picked it up; I just know I am good at it. We picked out a 2.5 carat canary princess cut diamond.

Then I took a position in Alabama last summer and we moved to the south. So planning the wedding moved to Disney World. Somehow in the midst of doing a new job, him moving his business, refurbishing a 60 year old house I bought sight unseen and hasn’t had any work done since it was built, and our bulldogs getting into everything we are planning a wedding.
People are coming from all over the U.S. and abroad to attend. It will not be larger than 50 simply because the economy is keeping some from traveling. So that is sad. But I understand. It will be great fun and I intend to enjoy every minute of it.
Old 06-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #15
ddevito
Earning My Ears

my engagement ring:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: