Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #331
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Happy Sunday Disboard friends!!!

Football season has started and life is good! Things have been crazy busy with work and Corey's schedule, but I feel like I'm finally getting a flow of things going!


Just need to go through and make some final ressies now that I've settled on our park days. I want to add Tusker House for SURE. Trying to figure out what I want to do about the 1900 Park Fare ressie… It's currently booked for Wednesday morning, but that's my day that I have planned to do all the Fantasyland stuff. I don't want take time away from all the "new" stuff!!

I'm going to cancel my CP ressie. It's just too much to ask Catie to sit through. Plus, Friday is our ONLY day in EPCOT, and I'd basically be giving up the WHOLE afternoon/evening in order to go. If we don't have a babysitter to hang out with the girls, then I could be missing out on a lot around the park. We already have the Akershus breakfast that morning at 9:30, My plan is to get Corey over to Soaring to get our FPs for that first thing while the girls and I walk back to WS!

I went to JC Penney's yesterday and bought some tanks and a pair of shorts. I'm REALLY hoping for nice mild/warm weather over thanksgiving!!!! I wanted to buy some capri's, but the shorts were cheaper, and I just don't have a lot of shorts that fit! Is it crazy that I REALLY want to start packing our bags now?????? I just keep thinking that the weather is starting to get cooler here, and it would be nice to pack up some of the shorts and such that I know I want to take with us. I'll probably wait a little while longer, and just start writing stuff down… but I really want to PACK!

Editted…
Guess what ya'll??!??!?! I just checked Airtran's site again and I totally lucked out! I just got $141 credit, because my flight had dropped prices AGAIN! I know my original prices were higher than I wanted, but I figured for the timing (holiday week) it was the best I could do. Well, repeat checking pays off!!! Of course, I have plenty of luggage "paid" for now AND a nice credit for my girl's trip that I'm considering in April!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips

Last edited by francis6306; 09-09-2012 at 08:44 PM.
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:29 AM   #332
jenseib
Mommy to Claire
 
jenseib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ohio
Posts: 26,031

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Happy Sunday Disboard friends!!!

Football season has started and life is good! Things have been crazy busy with work and Corey's schedule, but I feel like I'm finally getting a flow of things going!


Just need to go through and make some final ressies now that I've settled on our park days. I want to add Tusker House for SURE. Trying to figure out what I want to do about the 1900 Park Fare ressie… It's currently booked for Wednesday morning, but that's my day that I have planned to do all the Fantasyland stuff. I don't want take time away from all the "new" stuff!!

I'm going to cancel my CP ressie. It's just too much to ask Catie to sit through. Plus, Friday is our ONLY day in EPCOT, and I'd basically be giving up the WHOLE afternoon/evening in order to go. If we don't have a babysitter to hang out with the girls, then I could be missing out on a lot around the park. We already have the Akershus breakfast that morning at 9:30, My plan is to get Corey over to Soaring to get our FPs for that first thing while the girls and I walk back to WS!

I went to JC Penney's yesterday and bought some tanks and a pair of shorts. I'm REALLY hoping for nice mild/warm weather over thanksgiving!!!! I wanted to buy some capri's, but the shorts were cheaper, and I just don't have a lot of shorts that fit! Is it crazy that I REALLY want to start packing our bags now?????? I just keep thinking that the weather is starting to get cooler here, and it would be nice to pack up some of the shorts and such that I know I want to take with us. I'll probably wait a little while longer, and just start writing stuff down… but I really want to PACK!

Editted…
Guess what ya'll??!??!?! I just checked Airtran's site again and I totally lucked out! I just got $141 credit, because my flight had dropped prices AGAIN! I know my original prices were higher than I wanted, but I figured for the timing (holiday week) it was the best I could do. Well, repeat checking pays off!!! Of course, I have plenty of luggage "paid" for now AND a nice credit for my girl's trip that I'm considering in April!
Yay for more credit!!!! now you'll need to go back and use that credit. LOL
jenseib is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 09-10-2012, 09:04 PM   #333
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay for more credit!!!! now you'll need to go back and use that credit. LOL
It's already in the pre-pre-planning stages!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #335
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

So exciting news!!!

My TA emailed me about some changes that we had to make (nothing major, just reworking some things… mickey math is all!) and she let me know that she was able to move us to a Nemo Suite!!!!!!! Of course, now, I have convinced Cortlyn how great the Cars rooms are, so we need to watch some Nemo section videos online!! Oh darn… seeing more pictures and images of AoA??? I'm excited! I can't wait to get there!!!

So things are really fall into place for our trip. I'm getting so excited and I'm just READY for the trip to get here. But before the trip, we have to go to Hattiesburg for a wedding in October. It's going to be a fun costume wedding!! I think I'm going to be a Flight Attendant- IF the costume I found online is long enough! Adult costumes are sooo short!!!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 08:21 PM   #337
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

 
emmysmommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Near Disneyland
Posts: 4,892

How awesome that your air fare dropped again!!

Awwww the excitement of wanting to pack NOW - I know that feeling!

Happy Thursday!
emmysmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:35 PM   #338
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran
 
debrapagliasotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Too far from WDW
Posts: 2,304

Yea for your airfare dropping again!!

Sorry to hear about having to drop CP. We were originally booked with all 4 kids, then DH & I talked it over more and we decided to send the little boys to Sand Castle Club & we will just take the older kids.

How exciting to have a Nemo suite at AoA!

I dont think its crazy to want to start packing already, I am already putting stuff away in suitcases too
__________________
DH & Me, DS 12, DD 11, DS 5, DS 4
7/97 - WDW Offsite, 8/08 - CBR, 12/12 - BW (Dlx CL) & MVMCP, 2/14 - POFQ/POR (PHM), Upcoming 2/15 - AKV (PHM)
debrapagliasotti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:04 AM   #339
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran
 
readytogotodisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Indiana
Posts: 953

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
So exciting news!!!

My TA emailed me about some changes that we had to make (nothing major, just reworking some things… mickey math is all!) and she let me know that she was able to move us to a Nemo Suite!!!!!!! Of course, now, I have convinced Cortlyn how great the Cars rooms are, so we need to watch some Nemo section videos online!! Oh darn… seeing more pictures and images of AoA??? I'm excited! I can't wait to get there!!!

So things are really fall into place for our trip. I'm getting so excited and I'm just READY for the trip to get here. But before the trip, we have to go to Hattiesburg for a wedding in October. It's going to be a fun costume wedding!! I think I'm going to be a Flight Attendant- IF the costume I found online is long enough! Adult costumes are sooo short!!!!!
NEMO SUITE!!! Yay!! I know you really wanted the Nemo Suite. And I'm sure Cortlyn will be very excited with the fact that she's at Disney, I'm sure the room will just be icing on the cake!
__________________
Me 33 , DH 33 , and DS 4 and baby girl Natalie My Photobucket with Disney Name Fills
Trips: DW '82,'86,'87,'89 Off site, '91 CR, '92 WL, '94-'99 OKW, '02 OKW, '05 off site '06 BWI, '07 OKW, '09 BWV, '11 BLT,'12 BCV '13BLT/BWV
'13AKL/POFQ GFV '14 ASMusic '14, AoA/WLV '14 US/IOA and BWV/BLT '15
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #340
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Yay!!!!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
How awesome that your air fare dropped again!!

Awwww the excitement of wanting to pack NOW - I know that feeling!

Happy Thursday!
It is just so hard to KNOW what I want to pack and not doing it… I do have a little pile-o-stuff building in the bedroom though! Swim Diapers, water bottles…

Quote:
Originally Posted by debrapagliasotti View Post
Yea for your airfare dropping again!!

Sorry to hear about having to drop CP. We were originally booked with all 4 kids, then DH & I talked it over more and we decided to send the little boys to Sand Castle Club & we will just take the older kids.

How exciting to have a Nemo suite at AoA!

I dont think its crazy to want to start packing already, I am already putting stuff away in suitcases too
If Catie was able to go to a Kids Club, I'd totally do that. But she's only going to be 19 months old… and the cost for the in room child care is just too much in my opinion for one night!

I'm super excited about the Nemo room!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
NEMO SUITE!!! Yay!! I know you really wanted the Nemo Suite. And I'm sure Cortlyn will be very excited with the fact that she's at Disney, I'm sure the room will just be icing on the cake!
Oh yeah, Cortlyn just wants to go back to Disney. She'd be happy anywhere as long as she could ride those buses! I think that's one of her favorite "rides"! haha!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #341
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

OHEMGEE… I just realized that a girl (I'll call her R) I know that worked for Disney still DOES work for Disney and I'm just beside myself! She is Belle right now! and wait for it…










SHE ALSO IS MARY POPPINS!!!!


I am about to cry, just knowing that I know her and she is Belle AND she is Mary is just a little overwhelming. Like, I know that the magic is there regardless, but being this close to the Magic is just amazing! See… I knew that she had been Snow White- and she was an amazing Snow White. I didn't know R well, but we have SEVERAL mutual friends and we have talked. Anyway, I didn't realize that she was still there until tonight. I was on facebook and noticed one of our mutual friend's sister had a picture of her with Mary Poppins. I opened the picture to see, and I thought- Well… THAT looks like R!!! So I messaged my friend G and said "Um… is that Mary who I think it is????" and turns out, I was right!!! Sigh…

Of course, I always thought she was an amazing Snow White, but then seeing her dressed as Belle, I thought she was gorgeous! And now as MY MARY POPPINS?!?!?!!? I just want to die!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #342
sbprincess
Mouseketeer
 
sbprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 421

That is so cool! Does she have a main location or is she all over?
__________________
dh, 31 and me, 30

1984 - 2002 Many visits with family (off site) * May 2005 Girls' Trip - POP Century * March 2008 Honeymoon - All Star Movies * May 2010 - Contemporary Resort (Trip Report) * December 2010 - POP Century * October 2011 - Contemporary Resort & Universal Studios (WWOHP!) * November 2012 - Caribbean Beach Resort (Dining Report) * March 2014 - Coronado Springs Resort * May 2014 - Boardwalk Inn & Contemporary Theme Park View * July 2014 - Grand Floridian Girls Trip!!!!**
sbprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:10 PM   #343
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbprincess View Post
That is so cool! Does she have a main location or is she all over?
She does several things that she does, but it's a set schedule each week. 3 days a week she is in EPCOT and then she does MK one day and then she floats one day. I can't WAIT!!!! Her current schedule doesn't work with my plan, so of course I'm ready to scrap it all and start over! I think we will be waiting to see what happens with her schedule during the holidays and then try and rework some things so we can see each other!

BUT WAIT THERE IS MORE!!!!!

She emailed me back today telling me that she is going to be training for the Storytime with Belle soon! I don't know if will get the chance to see her in that on our trip, but OMG!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #344
oboedm
DIS Veteran
 
oboedm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: AZ
Posts: 815

Wow! It's great that your were able to save so much on flights!

I know what you mean about wanting to start packing early. I want to start buying clothes for the kids, but it is way to early! I am trying to wait until next June to start doing that.

It is so cool that you know a character in real life! Hopefully you will be able to get a picture with her on your trip!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #345
francis6306
DIS Veteran
 
francis6306's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,789

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Wow! It's great that your were able to save so much on flights!

I know what you mean about wanting to start packing early. I want to start buying clothes for the kids, but it is way to early! I am trying to wait until next June to start doing that.

It is so cool that you know a character in real life! Hopefully you will be able to get a picture with her on your trip!
I actually have finally pulled out the small suitcase and I have been putting stuff inside as I see it. Swim Diapers, shorts (PLEASE LORD LET ME HAVE WARM WEATHER!), water bottles…

My friend is going to do what she can to make sure we can meet up! I'm sooooo excited!!!!
__________________
Me- Christen, DH- Corey Princess Cortlyn Princess Catrina

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:37 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.