Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #241
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
Funny! We posted at the same time!!

I know! Seriously need a little Disney something to sit on my desk to pet when I'm feeling too stressed out! But I don't want my coworkers to know just how crazy I am yet! Although, one of my coworkers DID say when I mentioned Disney "You HAVE to stay on site or the trip isn't worth it!" So she MIGHT be a confidant!
Oh yes... a new best friend!!!
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:09 PM   #242
francis6306
DIS Veteran

So an "OH MY GOSH, MY LIFE IS CRAZY!!" update! haha…

I don't think I ever shared on here, but we did get Cortlyn a Merida dress from Target!! She LOVES it!

Did I mention my awesome backpack score from earlier this summer? Quick recap incase I didn't! I scored a backpack for $1.50 that had Minnie Mouse on it as well as a "Walt Disney World" tag. Came home and googled and sure enough, it is a bag that is sold AT WDW for $40! Not a great shot of it, but you get the idea:

Can you see the tag on the right? On the other side of the "Minnie" it has the WDW logo!

We went to the County Fair today! Jenn, I thought of you! They had a tractor pull earlier this week!! I had a minor medical emergency… I think I didn't drink enough fluids for the heat and I passed out. Luckily there were EMT's close by, and everything checked out, but I have a few pictures before I brought the day to an end!

Catie LOVED the Carousel!!

Cortlyn loved this bouncy/slide!

They had a fake Dumbo- and Cortlyn didn't even want to ride it because it was NOT Dumbo! And not-Dumbo was SUPER HOT! I had to sit Catie on my lap, because it was almost too hot for ME to sit in!

So, this was a nice little trial run of the rides with Catie. She loved them, so we should be alllll good for November!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 08:51 AM   #243
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Great scores. The dress is so cute. And wow, has Cortlyn's hair gotten so long.

That backpack is a g reat deal....where did you find it at. I love finding stuff like that...make up for all the times I over pay for stuff.

It always seems like county fairs and tractor pulling go hand in hand. I hate when a pull is at a fair because Claire then wants to go ride the rides and play...I dopn't want to spend that money on crap. Once a year at our fair is fine, but every couple of weeks gets old.
I love that they had a fake dumbo though.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:27 PM   #244
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Great scores. The dress is so cute. And wow, has Cortlyn's hair gotten so long.

That backpack is a g reat deal....where did you find it at. I love finding stuff like that...make up for all the times I over pay for stuff.

It always seems like county fairs and tractor pulling go hand in hand. I hate when a pull is at a fair because Claire then wants to go ride the rides and play...I dopn't want to spend that money on crap. Once a year at our fair is fine, but every couple of weeks gets old.
I love that they had a fake dumbo though.
Well, you know… when the ONLY place that can cut your hair is Disney, hair is bound to get really long! I actually need to think about making a ressie for that shop!

We have a second hand store called Once Upon a Child. It's a chain, so you may have one near you. They don't pay much to take stuff, but you can get GREAT deals!

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
Old 08-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #245
oboedm
DIS Veteran

That is so great! I think I may order some bows as well! They are super cute for a great price and cause!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:52 PM   #246
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Well, you know… when the ONLY place that can cut your hair is Disney, hair is bound to get really long! I actually need to think about making a ressie for that shop!

We have a second hand store called Once Upon a Child. It's a chain, so you may have one near you. They don't pay much to take stuff, but you can get GREAT deals!
oh yeah, we have 1 too, but they are never that cheap...wow!
Old 08-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #247
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
That is so great! I think I may order some bows as well! They are super cute for a great price and cause!
I'm glad to share the bows! I know every little bit helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
oh yeah, we have 1 too, but they are never that cheap...wow!
Yeah, I have gotten a lot of good deals at the one in TH! But it's hit or miss- you never know what they might have!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:15 PM   #248
TexasBelle
Mouseketeer

Oh my goodness... Cortlyn is adorable... She is just the perfect age for Princess!!!

I so wish that when Rae was 5 and 6 and 7 and on and on... I would have taken her to Disney!!!! The first time I took her she was 12... So the Princess dressing up was long gone... But the good thing is that she still hasn't out grown Princess and she loves everything Disney!!!!

Cortlyn is going to have a blast... I can't wait for your TRIP REPORT... Looks like the trip to County Fair was lots of fun... Looks like they loved the rides...

I love Cortlyn's Minnie Back Pack... So cute.. What a fabulous model....

Carolyn

July 2006 - Once in a Lifetime - Surprise Trip - DH-42, DS#1-17, DS#2 - 15, DD - 12, Me - 43, BeachClub
September 2007 - DH-43, & Me - 44, BoardWalk - DW & DH take on the World, without kids... YEA!
September 2008 - DH - 44, DS#2 - 17, DD - 14, Me - 45, BFDH - ?, BF - ? & BFDS - 5, YachtClub... Taking our BF's To DisneyWorld
November 2009 - 1 Day, 4 Parks - DS#1 - 21 XH - 47, & Me - 46
January 2010 - DH - 46, DS#1 - 21 & ME - 46, Wilderness Lodge - Moving DS#1 to Golf School in Orlando
April 2011 - DS#1 - 22, DD - 16, XH - 48, XH's parents - Graduation of DS#1 - 1 day at DW
March 2012 - DD - 17, DDBF - 18 & Me - 49, Rosen Shingle Creek Resort & Spa - The 3 Cabellero-etts take a road trip, House Hunt and DW all during SB.
PreTrip Report - Moving the Princess to Disneyworld - Disney College Program. .
May 16 - 23, 2013 - DD - 19, XH - 51 & ME - 50, Off property -Embassy Suites - Disney College Program. Moving our Princess to DW to follow her Dream!
September 11 - 18, 2013 - DH - 49, ME - 50, DD - DCP - CM - Rae - 19, BeachClub.
November 4 - 10, 2014 - DH - 51 & Me - 51, - Hanging with Campbellscot's, - Port Orleans - French Quarters
TexasBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:34 AM   #249
MiaBella05
DIS Veteran

joining in
Caribbean Beach - Oct. '08
Riverside - May '09
Yacht Club CL - Aug. '14, Oct. '14

MiaBella05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:38 AM   #250
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Cortlyn looks adorable in her Merida!

And LOL at the "fake Dumbo"! Nice to have a trial run though!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:14 PM   #251
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasBelle View Post
Oh my goodness... Cortlyn is adorable... She is just the perfect age for Princess!!!

I so wish that when Rae was 5 and 6 and 7 and on and on... I would have taken her to Disney!!!! The first time I took her she was 12... So the Princess dressing up was long gone... But the good thing is that she still hasn't out grown Princess and she loves everything Disney!!!!

Cortlyn is going to have a blast... I can't wait for your TRIP REPORT... Looks like the trip to County Fair was lots of fun... Looks like they loved the rides...

I love Cortlyn's Minnie Back Pack... So cute.. What a fabulous model....

Carolyn

I'm glad that I am taking the girls young. A lot of friends say they want to wait until their kids can remember, but I think that just loses some of the magic. Cortlyn LIVES for Princess dresses. Although, she's not very impressed with Kate, Duchess of Cambridge. She wears too many pants for Cortlyn's liking!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiaBella05 View Post
joining in
Welcome!!!! Hope that you enjoy hanging out around here!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Cortlyn looks adorable in her Merida!

And LOL at the "fake Dumbo"! Nice to have a trial run though!
She does look really cute! I can't wait to see what dresses she picks to take to WDW in a few months. I'm going to have to limit her!!

Cortlyn was having NONE of that fake stuff! she was okay with things that are more generic, but that Fake Dumbo was it for her!!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #252
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Just FYI… THIS week marks the double digits… I can't wait to do my double digit dance!!!!!

I talked to Cortlyn, and she wants to have her hair cut while we are there again. I think I'll let them cut a good bit off this time. I go back and forth with Catie, but I think I'm going to wait to have her's cut. It's just so short and if they messed it up at all, I'd never forgive them. If she is anything like Cortlyn, she will have a head FULL of hair by 2.5, so it won't be too big of a deal to put it her first hair cut for a while.

I've also decided that on thanksgiving, we may do an Ice Cream for Dinner night! I know the girls would love that! I want to go to the Boardwalk area and hang out, so I'm thinking we'll go do that and head to Beaches and Cream for "dinner." Of course, that all depends on how well they eat their veggies at Whispering Canyon!

Any more rumors on BOG?? I'd like to get a dinner ressie there on Wednesday, but I would be willing to skip/move The Plaza on Monday. I have been reading that it's going to be 2 QS and 2 TS. Depending on that, we may just pay out of pocket and Corey and I will split something and I'll have the girls share something as well. I can only imagine that lunch here will be REALLY crowded during that time, since it will be so new, so I don't think I'll risk doing a lunch there. Plus… using TWO quick service credits?!?! What is that about?!?!!?

Old 08-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #253
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

No recent BOG rumors. Supposedly they will open for ADRs 8/28 but nobody knows for what dates. And I think the 2 credit thing was proven wrong.

Congrats on the double digit dance!
mom2rtk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #254
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just FYI… THIS week marks the double digits… I can't wait to do my double digit dance!!!!!

I talked to Cortlyn, and she wants to have her hair cut while we are there again. I think I'll let them cut a good bit off this time. I go back and forth with Catie, but I think I'm going to wait to have her's cut. It's just so short and if they messed it up at all, I'd never forgive them. If she is anything like Cortlyn, she will have a head FULL of hair by 2.5, so it won't be too big of a deal to put it her first hair cut for a while.

I've also decided that on thanksgiving, we may do an Ice Cream for Dinner night! I know the girls would love that! I want to go to the Boardwalk area and hang out, so I'm thinking we'll go do that and head to Beaches and Cream for "dinner." Of course, that all depends on how well they eat their veggies at Whispering Canyon!

Any more rumors on BOG?? I'd like to get a dinner ressie there on Wednesday, but I would be willing to skip/move The Plaza on Monday. I have been reading that it's going to be 2 QS and 2 TS. Depending on that, we may just pay out of pocket and Corey and I will split something and I'll have the girls share something as well. I can only imagine that lunch here will be REALLY crowded during that time, since it will be so new, so I don't think I'll risk doing a lunch there. Plus… using TWO quick service credits?!?! What is that about?!?!!?
First woo hoo on the double digit dance!!!

and yeah, I think that 2 credit non-sense was a rumor started by that one FB page. They posted that BOG would be 2 credits the same day that Le Cellier was confirmed to be 2 credits for lunch. I think there was a miscommunication.
But I do think that come August 28th, the ADR will be open, whether or not that will include Thanksgiving week is up in the air, but I would guess yes.

And of course you need to get Cort's hair cut! That's the only place she gets her hair cut!

Oh and Beaches n cream for dinner... yum!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:00 PM   #255
francis6306
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
No recent BOG rumors. Supposedly they will open for ADRs 8/28 but nobody knows for what dates. And I think the 2 credit thing was proven wrong.

Congrats on the double digit dance!
Well GOOD! I still doubt we'd try to do lunch, but knowing it wouldn't be 2 credits is crazy for a QS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by readytogotodisney View Post
First woo hoo on the double digit dance!!!

and yeah, I think that 2 credit non-sense was a rumor started by that one FB page. They posted that BOG would be 2 credits the same day that Le Cellier was confirmed to be 2 credits for lunch. I think there was a miscommunication.
But I do think that come August 28th, the ADR will be open, whether or not that will include Thanksgiving week is up in the air, but I would guess yes.

And of course you need to get Cort's hair cut! That's the only place she gets her hair cut!

Oh and Beaches n cream for dinner... yum!
Oh yes, I know YOU would be all over Ice Cream for Dinner night!!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: