Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #1261
buckeyesix
Earning My Ears

So here is my packing question of the day: DH does not want to bring a suit or jacket or even a tie. I think he has resigned himself to the tie now, and I'm trying to convince him to bring one suitcoat. His argument is that he will just remove his jacket at dinner and hang it on the back of his chair, so why bother to bring it? He has a point, I admit. That is exactly what he will do. So, tell me, on Disney formal nights, do most men wear a jacket? On our last non-Disney cruise, he was fine with a dress shirt and tie only.
Old 07-08-2012, 04:16 AM   #1262
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
My girls scout troop is going to Savannah, GA next week, the girls are doing Jr Life Guards here in Huntington Beach for 3 weeks when we get back and we have a few river trips planned. (All of this in between our soccer camps and tournaments) As excited as we are for December, I keep telling the girls to be careful and not wish their summer away. December 9th will get here soon enough. We had a great 4th of July (with Disneyland being so close, we get to see fireworks all summer long) and we couldn't ask for nicer weather. Temperatures in the high 70's / low 80's and a slight ocean breeze. Life is good!
You're certainly having a busy summer. What an amazing cross country triip for your scouts - certainly you'll be visiting the Low house among other attractions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesix View Post
An update on our plans: We're inching forward slowly. Our big hurdle is obtaining US passports for our foreign-born children. Actually, I'm guessing this will go smoothly, but I'm a bit of a worrier . I'm going to take the kids to get their photos taken on Monday, and DH will call the passport office to make an appointment and gather all the needed documents. Hopefully the applications will be in the mail sometime this week. We're going to expedite them, just to make sure that we have them in hand before the final cruise payment is due.
Yours will probably go more smoothly than you expect since you've likely got your docs together already from the adoptions, right? That is the situation the mother of two of my "borrowed" grandchildren found - they're both from China and required a TON of paperwork.

Quote:
So here is my packing question of the day: DH does not want to bring a suit or jacket or even a tie. I think he has resigned himself to the tie now, and I'm trying to convince him to bring one suitcoat. His argument is that he will just remove his jacket at dinner and hang it on the back of his chair, so why bother to bring it? He has a point, I admit. That is exactly what he will do. So, tell me, on Disney formal nights, do most men wear a jacket? On our last non-Disney cruise, he was fine with a dress shirt and tie only.
My husband insists on taking a jacket which he usually wears for formal nights, semi formal and Palo. I tried to talk him out of it on the Hawaii, figuring he could get away with a Hawaiian shirt for everything, but no, he had to take it. Turns out, he only wore it once, preferring the Hawaiian shirts for everything else, including Palo.

What's everyone doing today?

Happy Sunday!

Last edited by LindaBabe; 07-08-2012 at 05:14 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 05:16 AM   #1263
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 22 weeks,
that is 154 sleeps!
Are you excited yet?

March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #1264
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
My DH has never brought suit or jacket. He will wear a "dressier" casual shirt on formal night. He believes in packing light because when we are at home, he likes to dress for those rare formal occasions. As one CM said, this is a Disney cruise .... whatever you want goes. So I would say - pack whatever makes him happy, and you know he will wear.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Old 07-08-2012, 07:11 AM   #1265
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew
My girls scout troop is going to Savannah, GA next week,
Enjoy the birthplace of Juliette Gordon Low! The girls will have a wonderful time.
Old 07-08-2012, 07:13 AM   #1266
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
My DH will not be brinigng a jacket or suit either. He will wear a dress shirt and tie for the semi and formal nights. Your DH will not be out of place without a jacket, but you will see men in suits and Tuxs on formal night.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #1267
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesix
I'm sure your DH will be fine in whatever he wants to pack. My DH wears jeans and a polo to work everyday so he enjoys dressing up for dinner..He will wear a tie almost everynight with a blazer and plans on packing his tux and a suit or two for more formal nights but he gets cold and will wear the jacket the whole meal. I think this stems from the fact that our normal cruising group has two guys that dress up everynight..so sad they won't be joining us on this trip. On the other hand, my brother in law, who also wont be joining us, doesnt even know how to tie a tie! Bottom line, your DH will be fine in whatever he decides to pack
Old 07-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #1268
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe

Who is having a summer vacation? Where are you going?

Happy Day, Everyone!
Well we didn't have any summer plans until my DH's brother called us last night to inform us that he is getting married in Iowa on August 10th. So looks like we might have to make a last minute trip. Nothing like a 1 month and 3 day notice! Grrrr and my DH wonders why I get annoyed with his family! They have been engaged since our wedding almost a year ago
Old 07-08-2012, 09:13 AM   #1269
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Good Morning Fellow Cruisers,
We set sail in 22 weeks,
that is 154 sleeps!
Are you excited yet?

Anyone else instantly smile when they see this pic?? I'm just so excited! I even became giddy when the Canal mule cars were shown as a Jeapordy question about a week ago.

Just a normal Sunday here for us. All 3 kids will go to church with grandma and grandpa. I am going to go to the cemetary for a little bit and then stop by Trader Joes on the way back. I love taking my time walking through TJs and this is best done with no kids in tow! The kids and I have had 2 relaxing weeks of hardly doing anything. There were a few days when the kids never even got out of their jammies! It all changes tomorrow with baseball camp and swim lessons starting. Back to a busy schedule!
MAGIC Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 07-08-2012, 09:55 AM   #1270
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
It hit 101 here today! Too hot for me! I hope your power came back on, Julie. Stay cool!
Still not back on yet I tried to buck up and stay at the house last night thinking it would be cool enough overnight, but no such luck. Sleeping when it's that hot is just miserable. So I've already got somewhere else lined up tonight to sleep in case it's still not back on. What's ironic is that the people I'll be staying with actually stayed at my house 3 days last week while *their* power was out. Payback time!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:13 AM   #1271
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Still not back on yet I tried to buck up and stay at the house last night thinking it would be cool enough overnight, but no such luck. Sleeping when it's that hot is just miserable. So I've already got somewhere else lined up tonight to sleep in case it's still not back on. What's ironic is that the people I'll be staying with actually stayed at my house 3 days last week while *their* power was out. Payback time!
Wow, I can not image not have AC over this hot spell. Our temperature broke last night. We turned off the AC around supper time, and today is a beautiful summer day. I believe the high is 25 celcius with no humidity.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:41 PM   #1272
CaptainandTennille
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Another morning at the gym - 5K on the treadmill followed by a one hour aqua fit class. Only 27 lbs. to go.

At this point, not much planned for the summer. We may end up in Quebec for a long weekend to watch the Ironman race. If "the family" can get our act together, we will have a gathering in New Jersey in August. And then the big good byes to my daughter who is moving to Egypt for a year to teach. As the days get closer, reality hits. I will truly miss her. She may come home for Christmas, and meet us in Miami and visit our Florida relatives, and then back to Canada for the rest of her time off.

I agree with Jeff, I will not be planning much for this trip until the fall. I guess I should start thinking of FE.
What part of Egypt? My family is from Egypt and I still have a lot of family members still there. It is a wonderful place and want to take my children someday but just a little concerned with all of the political changes going on right now.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:45 PM   #1273
bugsgrandma
would rather be cruising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
So glad you have somewhere to go to escape the heat. It truly is miserable when you can't sleep because of it being too hot. Besides, it can be pretty dangerous for your health. Hopefully your power will be back on soon.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:05 PM   #1274
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainandTennille View Post
What part of Egypt? My family is from Egypt and I still have a lot of family members still there. It is a wonderful place and want to take my children someday but just a little concerned with all of the political changes going on right now.
She is going to 6th of October and teaching at SABIS. I have been worried about the political situation, but I have come to terms to her decision. She has an opportunity to teach in Antigua, but decided not to go. She has a girlfriend in Egypt who has been working at the school for the past two years. It will be a definite culture shock for her. She has worked in an orphanage in Nepal for a couple months while she was in university. But this is 10 months. We have friends who has family in Cairo - a doctor and a person in immigration, so that her network of support is building. My friend's son flies for NATO, so we have been teasing that Scottie will be my daughter's saviour if the violence increases.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #1275
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

I just booked this cruise for DH and I!!!!!!! So excited--add us to the roll call!

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: