Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 10:00 AM   #3511
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
We didn't get as many trick or treaters as we had in the past so we had lots of leftover candy and since I have no will power and will eat it if I see it, I brought it in to the office. I just need to stay out of the kitchen.

I'll be headed up shortly to join in the hurricane relief efforts evaluating infrastructure (mostly buried) and dealing with water and wastewater issues. We have tickets to the WVU TCU game this weekend but it looks like I am going to be busy. I am sure Luke will enjoy his first college game,even if I'm not there. They better take a ton of pictures. Oh a positive note, I might lose a few lbs! You sweat like crazy in the hazmat suits! Even if I just lose some water weight, maybe it will make me feel better. I might be absent for a bit up will try and catch up when I can using the app on my phone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
Hi everyone! We've been without power since 10:15pm Monday night, so I feel completely out of touch . The winds were ferocious that night; many trees were uprooted and power lines knocked down. Of course, the devastation along the Jersey shore and in NY is just awful. DH is very disappointed not to be able to watch the continuing coverage. I've been able to come to work every day, but haven't had time to check the boards. I have a private bathroom in my office, so I can at least clean up a bit (so much fun washing my hair in the sink! ), and there is a shower elsewhere in the building that management ok'd for anyone who needs it. DH hasn't left the house all week and is starting to look somewhat zombie-like; if the power isn't restored today, I'm forcing him to meet me here, where he can at least take a shower and feel heat again! Luckily, the lows are in the high 30s, so we can keep food cold outside, without it freezing. I'm afraid of what's happening inside our two freezers, but time will tell. If this continues, there is definitely a hotel in our immediate future . Nothing like camping in your own home . Hopefully, we'll be back up and running by the weekend, and I can catch up. In the meantime, we'll just keep reading our tour books and planning excursions by candlelight .
Oh, my! You GALS PLEASE STAY SAFE! Is there anything an outsider can do for you?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #3512
socababy
DIS Veteran

Here are my kids from last night. Ds9 was a ninja, my niece was a witch, dd was Rapunzel and ds7 was Pikachu.

Poor Pikachu only made it down 2 streets before he started complaining that his belly hurt. I took him back home and within 10 minutes he was throwing up! Ugh! Dd had this stomach bug last Friday night and there have been kids missing school all week in ds7's class due to a stomach bug so I guess it was just a matter of time. I was hoping the boys wouldn't miss any school before this trip. Luckily he is feeling much better this morning, or as he put it "better good." Sometimes this English major mom cringes when her kids speak. LOL So it looks like he will only miss school today and now my fingers are crossed that my oldest doesn't catch it!

Whatever the majority decides for a game for the kids and/or adults during the cabin crawl is fine with me. Juse let me know!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #3513
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Second/Late Seating w/ kids

I remember someone was linking a several tables with kids together for the late dining, but can't seem to locate the posts. Anyone know who was pulling that together?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:46 PM   #3514
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
I remember someone was linking a several tables with kids together for the late dining, but can't seem to locate the posts. Anyone know who was pulling that together?
That would be me So far we have one table with 13 and another located next to us with 3 couples.

Let me know if you want to join our "merry" little group! I will need your reservation number and name

Old 11-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #3515
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Glad you brought this up. I'd like to firm up the Early Dining List with children. I have the following so far:

pharmjenn (3)
MaryLou1962 (3)
adnil530 (2)
hedgerow (3)
DindelsPA (3)

If anyone else would like to join us, please PM me your full name and reservation number. I will be submitting our request by the 9th of this month, 1 month prior to our sail date

Linda

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
Old 11-01-2012, 04:48 PM   #3516
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

FLL List Updated

I am finally caught up. My first day back to work after Sandy. Northern NJ got hit hard, but we were lucky. Everyone is safe, and no damage to the house. The pictures of the NJ shore are heartbreaking. I can't imagine what it must be like in person.

Today was the first time I have ventured out of town, and the lines on the highways for gas are not to be believed. They go so far back that I wonder how the people on the back of the line know what they're actually in line for. As someone at work said, they could finally get to the front, and find out it was the drive-thru at Burger King.

I filled up my tank Saturday on the way home, and Sunday after some errands, I topped off again. It cost me all of $15 to top off, and it seemed silly at the time, but now I'm glad I did after seeing those lines! At least I know I can make it through the weekend, and hopefully by Monday, more gas stations will open.

I am caught up on all the posts and PM's from those flying out of FLL. You can find the updated list here:

FLL List
Old 11-01-2012, 05:38 PM   #3517
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Finally got all of our FE's done. In past cruises we had roped our kids into distributing them. This time no kids. We'll get some exercise.
Old 11-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #3518
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer
The stateroom crawl is coming along nicely. Three more gracious cruisers (mug318ca, socababy, mom24cuties) have volunteered to host. mug318ca has volunteered their Cat. 9 Deluxe Oceanview (thanks Judson!). socababy (Christina) and mom24cuties (Aimee) have added their staterooms, which happen to be the two most awesome and luxurious staterooms on the ship - the Cat. 1/R Walt Disney and the Roy Disney Royal Suites. Thank you ladies.

We still have openings for Cat 2, 3, 4, 7, 10 and 11.

As a reminder, the stateroom crawl is a family-friendly event. I believe it was WVURunner (Emily) who volunteered some ideas about what we could do for kids to make it interesting to them. Other ideas are also welcome/appreciated. Making it some type of game I think would be good where they collect something at each stop...could be a treat, could be a puzzle piece, could be a clue, could be different things based on age group.

I will break the larger group up into smaller groups of 8-9 people and send them off at ~ 3 minute intervals so each group is small enough to be able to comfortably see the stateroom and be easily accommodated by the host. The first group will be the stateroom hosts who will stop at their stateroom and host the other groups and then join back into the last group so they can visit the other hosts. PM or email me if you have questions and/or would like to volunteer your stateroom in one of the remaining categories. As an incentive, hosts will get a super-special (but likely inexpensive) gift.
We are hoping to upgrade at the post, currently have an 11C (which I think is covered?) If we do upgrade I will volunteer!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 11-01-2012, 06:13 PM   #3519
Liz Arjay
Mouseketeer

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
We arrived home about an hour ago from our emergency trip to New Jersey on Saturday to be with family during Hurricane Sandy. We were very lucky in that when the storm headed inland it took a slight detour and didn't hit us head on. We had extremely high winds and rain and lost power but things could have been a lot worse. There was so much more devastation in New Jersey. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all who lost loved ones.
So sorry to hear of all the damage from the storm! Hope the recovery goes quickly - especially power. Thanks to those who are heading out to diagnose and repair the infrastructure.

The stateroom crawl sounds great -when is it scheduled? I think it was TBD on the meet page of Jeff's site. I am thrilled to be able to see the suites!

Also, I saw a poker (non gambling) card group. Bob Bowen is arranging. Does anyone know where that will be? Sounds like it is at 10 each night.

See you next month!
Liz
Old 11-01-2012, 06:16 PM   #3520
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Thanks to all that have volunteered but are also looking to upgrade at the port. I plan to be at the Embarkation Meet & Greet to hand out badge cards and of course meet and greet, and will have the stateroom list with me to update.

On hurricane Sandy's damage and power outages...this all hits close to home for me. The tornadoes we had in April 2011 resulted in us being without power for 4 and a half days so we too were camping in our own house. Luckily we escaped damage but only by a few miles. Seeing whole blocks of houses leveled to the foundation just blew my mind. Hang in there...it will eventually get better.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 11-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #3521
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz Arjay View Post

The stateroom crawl sounds great -when is it scheduled? I think it was TBD on the meet page of Jeff's site. I am thrilled to be able to see the suites!

Also, I saw a poker (non gambling) card group. Bob Bowen is arranging. Does anyone know where that will be? Sounds like it is at 10 each night.

Liz
The stateroom crawl is TBD. I've done these before on an early Sea Day but on those cruises there were very few Sea Days...on this cruise we have quite a few. With that in mind, I'm thinking maybe Day 6 or 7 after we've done the Cabo and PV port stops and have that run of 4 back to back Sea Days. Thoughts?

On the card meet, Bob thought it'd be a good idea to have some kind of activity for guys who weren't ready to roll in the sidewalks at 10 pm. Although, I don't think there would be a problem with ladies joining in as well but Bob can chime in if this is the He-man Woman Haters Club. Probably on nights before Sea Days but could be other nights too if we're not arriving to port until later. I would guess it'd be in one of the lounges. The Promenade would be a good candidate but it could also be in one of the other lounges/cafe's.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 11-01-2012, 09:19 PM   #3522
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
The stateroom crawl is TBD. I've done these before on an early Sea Day but on those cruises there were very few Sea Days...on this cruise we have quite a few. With that in mind, I'm thinking maybe Day 6 or 7 after we've done the Cabo and PV port stops and have that run of 4 back to back Sea Days. Thoughts?

On the card meet, Bob thought it'd be a good idea to have some kind of activity for guys who weren't ready to roll in the sidewalks at 10 pm. Although, I don't think there would be a problem with ladies joining in as well but Bob can chime in if this is the He-man Woman Haters Club. Probably on nights before Sea Days but could be other nights too if we're not arriving to port until later. I would guess it'd be in one of the lounges. The Promenade would be a good candidate but it could also be in one of the other lounges/cafe's.
DH plays cards too. So he may be interested in a few hands. I know we like to go to the club shows after dinner, but I am sure he would play a few games.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 11-01-2012, 10:11 PM   #3523
Liat
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone! We joined this cruise at almost the last minute!

My group consists of me, DH, DM, DS's (5 and turning 2 on the cruise) and DD's (turning 4 on the cruise and 4months at the time) .

We jumped on the gty deal and have no idea where we'll be on the ship yet, but we are so so excited.

We'll be flying into LA the day before and doing a one day trip through Disneyland before getting on the ship.

This thread is a little daunting, but I'm trying to work my way through it.

But if anyone wants to give a tiny little cliffs notes version of the events/meets and important things I should know I would be forever grateful.

DL Feb 2014 Dapper Days PPH DL Oct 2013 Adults only trip DLH DL August 2013 offsite Dec 9-21 2012 Wonder (Panama!)
DL August 2012 GCH DL Nov 28-Dec 4 2011 Disney Wonder Dec 4-11 2011 DL June 2011 GCH DL August 2010 DLH DL April 2009 offsite

Old 11-01-2012, 11:46 PM   #3524
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liat View Post
Hi everyone! We joined this cruise at almost the last minute!

My group consists of me, DH, DM, DS's (5 and turning 2 on the cruise) and DD's (turning 4 on the cruise and 4months at the time) .

We jumped on the gty deal and have no idea where we'll be on the ship yet, but we are so so excited.

We'll be flying into LA the day before and doing a one day trip through Disneyland before getting on the ship.

This thread is a little daunting, but I'm trying to work my way through it.

But if anyone wants to give a tiny little cliffs notes version of the events/meets and important things I should know I would be forever grateful.
Welcome aboard!! Jeff has put together a fantastic website with most events/meets. The link is found on the first page of this thread. If you can't find what you need to know there, just ask. This is very helpful bunch

Old 11-02-2012, 12:31 AM   #3525
DisneyManFamily4
Mouseketeer

Speculating...

In light of the announcement that Disney's bought the rights to the Star Wars franchise, do you think DCL will start doing a Star Wars night, kind of like Pirates' night? Do you think it's too late for them to organize one on our sailing?
At the very least I hope they show the movies on Ariel Vision or am I the only one who would love this?????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: