Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #2911
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingmaven View Post
Don't know about the daily handwork sessions. Where would I find the info? Thanks. See you onboard. knittingmaven
The circle is meeting at 3:00 at The Cove. Details are on the website created by Jeff. http://12-09-12-ebpccruisers.weebly.com/
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 10-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #2912
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.
OMG, Beth, thank goodness your neighbor was thinking! I'd be heading to Home Depot to buy extra locks the next morning (and still would probably sleep with one eye open ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.
THANKS TAMMY! This will be so much fun .

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
My DW's purse was taken during the first visit and a woman who was a part of the crew that came into the house called her asking for money to get out of town. My wife said sure and set up a meeting place. Then she called police who showed up and arrested the group. The most important thing that was stolen was recovered - my DW's driver's license.
Another woman with a solid head on her shoulders! Wow, I can't believe the nerve of the thieves....same place, two days in a row? And then to fall for the "meet"? Some people just don't have the sense they were born with!

Of course, with the money we're spending on this trip and having just paid our property taxes, we may be looking for a bank to rob!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 08:17 PM   #2913
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

RFID Blocking Passport holder/case

I recently got a new passport when I changed my name and it has a RFID tag in it. DH thinks I need to get a new passport holder that is RFID blocking but I really like my current holder as it matches my lugguae. Is DH being paranoid? Is anyone else worried about this and worried about having their idenity stolen from their passport? Is DH to much of a tech geek that he worries to much? thoughts?
Old 10-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #2914
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner
I recently got a new passport when I changed my name and it has a RFID tag in it. DH thinks I need to get a new passport holder that is RFID blocking but I really like my current holder as it matches my lugguae. Is DH being paranoid? Is anyone else worried about this and worried about having their idenity stolen from their passport? Is DH to much of a tech geek that he worries to much? thoughts?
Is that one of those e-passports that have the chips? If so, I have one with no passport holder. Never had my identity stolen and tbh never thought about it!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-12-2012, 10:39 PM   #2915
goiu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
No my kids don't have fall break until the week of Thanksgiving. Dd and I go on Tuesdays or Thursdays when she doesn't have school. I have my MIL pick up the boys from school and dd and I leave DL around 2 and get home shortly after the boys do.
That's awesome! Wish we could go that often. Would you want to meet me and the kids somewhere on Thursday? It would be fun for DD and DS to meet someone going on the cruise ahead of time. If so, let me know and I'll PM you my cell phone number. My husband will be in San Francisco all day. So, I'll be by myself.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #2916
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
That's awesome! Wish we could go that often. Would you want to meet me and the kids somewhere on Thursday? It would be fun for DD and DS to meet someone going on the cruise ahead of time. If so, let me know and I'll PM you my cell phone number. My husband will be in San Francisco all day. So, I'll be by myself.
I'd love to meet up with you. I'll know if we are going for sure by Tuesday. I'll PM you when I know for sure.
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 10-12-2012, 11:21 PM   #2917
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
The Vista Print deal goes for 9 more days. Is this your referral link? I will buy through that if it helps you to get yours free.
no, I bought the groupon already, so should be good.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #2918
goiu
Mouseketeer

Anyone know what I did wrong? I said I only wanted to be in one FE group, but when I pull up my group it only has one other cabin in it. I didn't want 70 cabins, but I can manage doing more than 1 cabin.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:08 AM   #2919
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
My new passport came in the mail yesterday. I was looking for RFID blocking passport holders on Amazon today.

While I didn't full-on have my identity stolen, I did have my purse stolen once and they used my checkbook and photo ID to pass bad checks all over town. Even that was a huge headache to get sorted out. Whether it's paranoid or not, I'm just not willing to take the chance. If it were to happen, I'd completely regret not having gotten one of the blocking holders.

Old 10-13-2012, 06:43 AM   #2920
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Excited about the cruise, yet? I am, and I think my DH who does not say much is excited, too.

Started working on the FE's last night. Happy to say, the supplies that I bought in August when I was in NJ are just enough for 72 cabins. I may need to go out and get a few more supplies incase I mess up, and to have a few extras for the CM's. The only thing is, the cost in Canada for this product is almost twice the price. At least I have a Michael's coupon for 40% off.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 10-13-2012, 07:10 AM   #2921
mom24cuties
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
Anyone know what I did wrong? I said I only wanted to be in one FE group, but when I pull up my group it only has one other cabin in it. I didn't want 70 cabins, but I can manage doing more than 1 cabin.
I just checked your Dale group and you do have 45 cabins! I clicked the FE link off the webpage that Jeff created and at the very bottom I clicked the tab that says Dale. Hopefully you will be able to see your full list!
Old 10-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #2922
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Is that one of those e-passports that have the chips? If so, I have one with no passport holder. Never had my identity stolen and tbh never thought about it!
Yes, it has a chip and it is possible that someone with a reader standing near you could grab the information from your passport. I believe they do need to uncoded it ince they have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
My new passport came in the mail yesterday. I was looking for RFID blocking passport holders on Amazon today.

Whether it's paranoid or not, I'm just not willing to take the chance. If it were to happen, I'd completely regret not having gotten one of the blocking holders.
As much as I hate to say it, you and my husband are right. Even if the chance is remote, I still need to be on the safe side. Did you find one you like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Excited about the cruise, yet? I am, and I think my DH who does not say much is excited, too.

Started working on the FE's last night. Happy to say, the supplies that I bought in August when I was in NJ are just enough for 72 cabins. I may need to go out and get a few more supplies incase I mess up, and to have a few extras for the CM's. The only thing is, the cost in Canada for this product is almost twice the price. At least I have a Michael's coupon for 40% off.
If it would be cheaper, I could always pick it up for you here with the 40% off and mail the supplies to you.

I used my 40% off yesterday! And I finished 10 FE gifts last night...only about 195 more to go....
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 AM   #2923
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Had a brisk 2 mile walk this morning, topped off by Krispy Kremes. SO much for the diet

Wedding is this morning. Crisis! DH forgot his dress shoes.

Looking forward to starting on my scrapbook exchange things and packing. Less than two months, now!

Happy Saturday, all!
Old 10-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #2924
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
I will take a ton of pics and it is my pleasure to do so!
Thank you so much. BBC near the adult pool on me!
Old 10-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #2925
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Message Boards

I believe I finished all of the message board requests this morning. Below is a list of names of people who requested a board and the number after the name is the number of boards requested. Please let me know if I forgot anyone. I have a feeling I might have! Remember to bring a BLACK dry erase marker and magnets.

Dthogue
JessicasMom
PinkPug
MaryLou1962
ArGa
Chrissyt27
RoxyHive (4)
Gilland18
DindelsPa
Magicmaker1
LandParkTudor (2)
Adnil530
Pharmjenn
DodgerDog
Kinittingmaven

Thanks everyone for reviewing the list

Last edited by WVURunner; 10-13-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: