Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 10:10 AM   #2896
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
FE EXCHANGE UPDATE

The FE Exchange sign up is OFFICIALLY closed. We ended up with a total of 72 cabins and 204 participants. All I can say is WOW. What an amazing group we have.

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.

Have a "WONDER"ful day!

Tammy
Thanks for organizing this for everyone. I'm sure it wasn't an easy task!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:20 AM   #2897
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I'm also reading The Path Between the Seas. I take a train back and forth to work, and in the morning I have a 20 minute wait, and about that much in the evening. It's a great time to read! My train ride is only a few minutes, so I don't read then. The history of the canal is very interesting! It's not a quick read, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm hoping that I actually have some time to read this weekend. I need some time to just relax after a stressful couple of days. We had a "break in" at home the other night. I woke up at 3 AM because I heard a strange noise. I woke DH and told him I thought someone was in the apartment. He said "That's nice" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

After three attempts at waking him, and hearing more noise, I got up just in time to hear someone yelling "It's the Police...are you alright in there?" and see flashlights shining in my dining area". This time I dragged DH out of bed and told him that there were police officers in our kitchen, and maybe we should see what they want?

They asked if we were alright, which I wasn't because I was awakened at 3 AM by noises in my apartment, and if we were alone. I told them that I was pretty sure we were alone, but they were more than welcome to look around, and if they found someone, they could have him!

They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.

He was a student at a local university, and had had a bit too much to drink--enough that he couldn't remember where he lived, or how old he was. He told the police that he was 26. When the officer said "I don't think so", he said "Well, how about 21?". When they finally got him to produce ID, he was 18, obviously underage. They finally got him up and got him to move his feet enough to get him out of my apartment. Other than being slightly shaken up by seeing this young man in my living room, there were no other problems, at least for us. The university has a "zero tolerance" policy for underage drinking and other quality of life issues, so I think this young person will be looking for another place to go to school!

Beth
That sounds terrifying! Glad everyone is okay though.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-12-2012, 10:27 AM   #2898
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
I Luv Southwest Airlines.
When we fly to WDW (usually drive) that is our airline of choice (from Buffalo).
That is who we will be using for December trip. Went to book flights online to Houston yesterday for our cruise in January and had a terrible time doing so. After much frustration (not to mention a couple of tears) the girl at SW (who was understanding but had her hands tied and couldn't help me) gave me their Customer Service number in Dallas and I called them. Took a little time but they were able to resolve the issue and I am one happy cruiser.
So again, I LUV SOUTHWEST AIRLINES!!
We love Southwest too! FE (bags) fly free Just wish they were in more airports.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:31 AM   #2899
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Looks like we are will be celebrating a engagement on this cruise!
So my sister's BF is not coming on the cruise with us, he is a lawyer and owns his own practice and can't get away for two weeks. Well he contacted me today about flying to Cabo with a "surprise" for my sister while we are in port. I convinced him it was a bad idea (short port time, no cell phone communication, I don't want to miss my dive excursion.....) and convianced him to surprise her in Disneyland!

The plan is that he will be waiting in front of the castle so when we leave the Plaza Inn after breakfast, we will run into him there where he will propose! This way, we can spend the day in the parks celebrating together. He will surprise her with dinner at Napa Rose while we watched the kids and then surprise her with a room at the Grand Californian. The kids will come back with us to our hotel. We will met up on Sunday morning for breakfast and head to the port where he will see us off.

I bet my sister will have the whole wedding planned before we get off the ship!

So a question for disneyland vets: We have breakfast at the Plaza Inn before the park opens. How long would it take from when the park opens to get to the castle and how long would it take us from the Plaza Inn to the castle?
How wonderful!

Old 10-12-2012, 10:40 AM   #2900
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Checking in again re: Costa Maya tour to Chaccoben.

Sent a pm around regarding deposit needed. If you're with us and you didn't get it, let me know and I'll get the info to you ASAP. I'm pretty sure I missed someone.

Thanks.
Yup- missed us I'll PM you as well.

Old 10-12-2012, 10:58 AM   #2901
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
FE EXCHANGE UPDATE

The FE Exchange sign up is OFFICIALLY closed. We ended up with a total of 72 cabins and 204 participants. All I can say is WOW. What an amazing group we have.

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.

Have a "WONDER"ful day!

Tammy
Thank you again for organizing this!!! We look forward to participating!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #2902
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I'm also reading The Path Between the Seas. I take a train back and forth to work, and in the morning I have a 20 minute wait, and about that much in the evening. It's a great time to read! My train ride is only a few minutes, so I don't read then. The history of the canal is very interesting! It's not a quick read, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm hoping that I actually have some time to read this weekend. I need some time to just relax after a stressful couple of days. We had a "break in" at home the other night. I woke up at 3 AM because I heard a strange noise. I woke DH and told him I thought someone was in the apartment. He said "That's nice" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

After three attempts at waking him, and hearing more noise, I got up just in time to hear someone yelling "It's the Police...are you alright in there?" and see flashlights shining in my dining area". This time I dragged DH out of bed and told him that there were police officers in our kitchen, and maybe we should see what they want?

They asked if we were alright, which I wasn't because I was awakened at 3 AM by noises in my apartment, and if we were alone. I told them that I was pretty sure we were alone, but they were more than welcome to look around, and if they found someone, they could have him!

They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.

He was a student at a local university, and had had a bit too much to drink--enough that he couldn't remember where he lived, or how old he was. He told the police that he was 26. When the officer said "I don't think so", he said "Well, how about 21?". When they finally got him to produce ID, he was 18, obviously underage. They finally got him up and got him to move his feet enough to get him out of my apartment. Other than being slightly shaken up by seeing this young man in my living room, there were no other problems, at least for us. The university has a "zero tolerance" policy for underage drinking and other quality of life issues, so I think this young person will be looking for another place to go to school!

Beth
Oh how scary I'm glad it all turned out ok!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:49 PM   #2903
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

A number of years ago, we were awakened by a guy staring into our bedroom from the bedroom door. I got up and scared them out. Fortunately, they only took stuff. But apparently they didn't get enough as they came back the next night for more. This time I was a bit closer to them as they went out the door.

My DW's purse was taken during the first visit and a woman who was a part of the crew that came into the house called her asking for money to get out of town. My wife said sure and set up a meeting place. Then she called police who showed up and arrested the group. The most important thing that was stolen was recovered - my DW's driver's license.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #2904
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

On a lighter note... The shuttle is parked about a mile from my house on its way to downtown LA. Here's a snap.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:10 PM   #2905
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by goiu View Post
We'll be there next week too! Is it your fall break for the kids? We were wondering how many other people will be out of school. Hoping it's not too crazy!
No my kids don't have fall break until the week of Thanksgiving. Dd and I go on Tuesdays or Thursdays when she doesn't have school. I have my MIL pick up the boys from school and dd and I leave DL around 2 and get home shortly after the boys do.
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 10-12-2012, 01:12 PM   #2906
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
If you don't mind taking pictures, that would be so helpful! The BF has never been to DLR or WDW (oh the horror) so it would be very helpful for him to see the castle set-up and that way he can pick his location ahead of time and it would also be helpful to me. Thank you so much for the offer and enjoy DL.
I will take a ton of pics and it is my pleasure to do so!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 10-12-2012, 02:22 PM   #2907
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Ordered our FE gifts today, now that we have final cabin count (and a couple extra just in case). We're very excited!
Old 10-12-2012, 04:10 PM   #2908
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Still looking for two who expressed interest in the Costa Maya tour. I need to send a deposit-- still working out the details of how to collect since it seems paypal charges for that?

Anyway-- looking for spiiffy and schepp. Any idea if they're still with us?

Thanks.
I think you missed us too. Sent you a PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #2909
onekindman
Lucky 7th Trip, Go East Young Men, Go East! (DIS Vet)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Welcome! I guess you know about the daily (at least on sea days) knitting, crocheting, cross-stitch meet? Seems like it'd be right up your alley.
So I am Knittingmaven's other son and one of DodgerDog's older brothers, the one who is not able to go on this trip but going on another one in May, KnittingMaven would love to know where and when the cirlcle will meet. Would you please let her know when and where it will be. Thank you.

Proud member of the Lost Beer Boys!
Single dad of two wonderful sons
(hence the reason for being in LBB!)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 PM   #2910
knittingmaven
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
Welcome! I guess you know about the daily (at least on sea days) knitting, crocheting, cross-stitch meet? Seems like it'd be right up your alley.
Don't know about the daily handwork sessions. Where would I find the info? Thanks. See you onboard. knittingmaven
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: