Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 08:38 PM   #2881
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Thanks. Knowing the walking times helps. I plan to stall at breakfast by having DH keep getting more food/eating (he has such a hard task) until I get a txt from the DBF saying he is set-up. At that point we can leave. My sister would never hold a map! That's what she has me for! But I am sure we can find a way to distract her! The moment she sees him, she will know what is happening so the set-up is important. Can you walk all the way through the castle in DL? I am always videoing so my sister wouldn't think twice that I have my camera out and my DH will have the other camera. I was thinking about preordering the photopass + in case we miss the shot. I can't wait to capture her moment as she captured mine!

I sure hope she isn't lurking! If she was, I would have already been yelled at for some of the things I said about her on here!

I might have to look into this. Did you find the thread?

Thanks for posting these! I am soooo excited!

yep a few up, but in case you miss,

Here the is thread about having photos at DL

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004138

This is the site where the family had a session.
http://sarinalove.com/disneyland-family-session/

Honeymoon photo shoot
http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blog...oto-shoot.html
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-11-2012, 09:02 PM   #2882
socababy
DIS Veteran

Yes you can walk through the castle at DL. I plan on going next week and if you'd like me to take some pics of what the front of the castle looks like and the distance between Plaza Inn and the castle, I'd be happy to do so!
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #2883
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Living Social has a Vista Print deal, Sorry I didn't think to post the groupon here. we got $70 for $17, but this is for $50 and you spend $10.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1...cards-and-more

I like Living Social, if you buy one and 3 other people use your link and buy one yours is FREE!! I have gotten a free Starbucks giftcard and free movie tickets.
The Vista Print deal goes for 9 more days. Is this your referral link? I will buy through that if it helps you to get yours free.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:09 PM   #2884
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy
Yes you can walk through the castle at DL. I plan on going next week and if you'd like me to take some pics of what the front of the castle looks like and the distance between Plaza Inn and the castle, I'd be happy to do so!
I am jealous. DL is my favourite Disney park. It feels so magical.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-11-2012, 11:38 PM   #2885
goiu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
We'll be there next week too! Is it your fall break for the kids? We were wondering how many other people will be out of school. Hoping it's not too crazy!

Last edited by goiu; 10-12-2012 at 12:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 01:07 AM   #2886
MrMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Looks like we are will be celebrating a engagement on this cruise!
So my sister's BF is not coming on the cruise with us, he is a lawyer and owns his own practice and can't get away for two weeks. Well he contacted me today about flying to Cabo with a "surprise" for my sister while we are in port. I convinced him it was a bad idea (short port time, no cell phone communication, I don't want to miss my dive excursion.....) and convianced him to surprise her in Disneyland!

The plan is that he will be waiting in front of the castle so when we leave the Plaza Inn after breakfast, we will run into him there where he will propose! This way, we can spend the day in the parks celebrating together. He will surprise her with dinner at Napa Rose while we watched the kids and then surprise her with a room at the Grand Californian. The kids will come back with us to our hotel. We will met up on Sunday morning for breakfast and head to the port where he will see us off.

I bet my sister will have the whole wedding planned before we get off the ship!

So a question for disneyland vets: We have breakfast at the Plaza Inn before the park opens. How long would it take from when the park opens to get to the castle and how long would it take us from the Plaza Inn to the castle?
That is fantastic and exciting news! Congrats to the future engaged couple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Here the is thread about having photos at DL

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004138

This is the site where the family had a session.
http://sarinalove.com/disneyland-family-session/

Honeymoon photo shoot
http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blog...oto-shoot.html
I've never seen any of these, the PUSH proposal was well executed. Thanks for sharing!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #2887
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like we are will be celebrating a engagement on this cruise!
So my sister's BF is not coming on the cruise with us, he is a lawyer and owns his own practice and can't get away for two weeks. Well he contacted me today about flying to Cabo with a "surprise" for my sister while we are in port. I convinced him it was a bad idea (short port time, no cell phone communication, I don't want to miss my dive excursion.....) and convianced him to surprise her in Disneyland!

The plan is that he will be waiting in front of the castle so when we leave the Plaza Inn after breakfast, we will run into him there where he will propose! This way, we can spend the day in the parks celebrating together. He will surprise her with dinner at Napa Rose while we watched the kids and then surprise her with a room at the Grand Californian. The kids will come back with us to our hotel. We will met up on Sunday morning for breakfast and head to the port where he will see us off.

I bet my sister will have the whole wedding planned before we get off the ship!

So a question for disneyland vets: We have breakfast at the Plaza Inn before the park opens. How long would it take from when the park opens to get to the castle and how long would it take us from the Plaza Inn to the castle?
Wow - how exciting! Can't wait to see the video - we should have an engagement get together to celebrate!!! Good luck with the planning - what a great person you are to do this for your sister! She's very lucky

Tammy

Old 10-12-2012, 07:00 AM   #2888
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

FE EXCHANGE UPDATE

The FE Exchange sign up is OFFICIALLY closed. We ended up with a total of 72 cabins and 204 participants. All I can say is WOW. What an amazing group we have.

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.

Have a "WONDER"ful day!

Tammy

Old 10-12-2012, 07:34 AM   #2889
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
If you don't mind taking pictures, that would be so helpful! The BF has never been to DLR or WDW (oh the horror) so it would be very helpful for him to see the castle set-up and that way he can pick his location ahead of time and it would also be helpful to me. Thank you so much for the offer and enjoy DL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Wow - how exciting! Can't wait to see the video - we should have an engagement get together to celebrate!!! Good luck with the planning - what a great person you are to do this for your sister! She's very lucky

Tammy
I am sure she will be showing the video and ring to everyone! If she was able to, I'm sure she would show it in the theater! I just hope I can get her on the ship after this. I have a feeling it will be hard to pull her away from him for two weeks after the exciting news. I am going to have to stock up on bridal magazines as I am sure she will not be happy about not being able to look on the internet. With so many anniversaries, we just need one big get togeher to celebrate Love. We are lucky to have each other.

Quote:
FE EXCHANGE UPDATE

The FE Exchange sign up is OFFICIALLY closed. We ended up with a total of 72 cabins and 204 participants. All I can say is WOW. What an amazing group we have.

I have finished the group lists and sent everyone an email this morning.

Have a "WONDER"ful day!

Tammy
Thanks for taking the time to organize this. I'm sure it wasn't easy with this many cabins.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #2890
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Last night I finally hit 50% complete on The Path Between the Seas! Halfway there!
You're way ahead of me. And, of course books are always better than movies . . . but the boys and I picked up a PBS video "Panama Canal -- Gateway to the American Century" from the library. It's amazing to see the old construction footage. It also does a pretty good job of explaning the mechanics of the locks and why they took the canal above sea level. It's no substitute for Path Between the Seas, but it's worth checking out.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #2891
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

I'm also reading The Path Between the Seas. I take a train back and forth to work, and in the morning I have a 20 minute wait, and about that much in the evening. It's a great time to read! My train ride is only a few minutes, so I don't read then. The history of the canal is very interesting! It's not a quick read, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm hoping that I actually have some time to read this weekend. I need some time to just relax after a stressful couple of days. We had a "break in" at home the other night. I woke up at 3 AM because I heard a strange noise. I woke DH and told him I thought someone was in the apartment. He said "That's nice" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

After three attempts at waking him, and hearing more noise, I got up just in time to hear someone yelling "It's the Police...are you alright in there?" and see flashlights shining in my dining area". This time I dragged DH out of bed and told him that there were police officers in our kitchen, and maybe we should see what they want?

They asked if we were alright, which I wasn't because I was awakened at 3 AM by noises in my apartment, and if we were alone. I told them that I was pretty sure we were alone, but they were more than welcome to look around, and if they found someone, they could have him!

They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.

He was a student at a local university, and had had a bit too much to drink--enough that he couldn't remember where he lived, or how old he was. He told the police that he was 26. When the officer said "I don't think so", he said "Well, how about 21?". When they finally got him to produce ID, he was 18, obviously underage. They finally got him up and got him to move his feet enough to get him out of my apartment. Other than being slightly shaken up by seeing this young man in my living room, there were no other problems, at least for us. The university has a "zero tolerance" policy for underage drinking and other quality of life issues, so I think this young person will be looking for another place to go to school!

Beth
Old 10-12-2012, 08:39 AM   #2892
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I'm also reading The Path Between the Seas. I take a train back and forth to work, and in the morning I have a 20 minute wait, and about that much in the evening. It's a great time to read! My train ride is only a few minutes, so I don't read then. The history of the canal is very interesting! It's not a quick read, but I'm really enjoying it.

I'm hoping that I actually have some time to read this weekend. I need some time to just relax after a stressful couple of days. We had a "break in" at home the other night. I woke up at 3 AM because I heard a strange noise. I woke DH and told him I thought someone was in the apartment. He said "That's nice" and rolled over and went back to sleep.

After three attempts at waking him, and hearing more noise, I got up just in time to hear someone yelling "It's the Police...are you alright in there?" and see flashlights shining in my dining area". This time I dragged DH out of bed and told him that there were police officers in our kitchen, and maybe we should see what they want?

They asked if we were alright, which I wasn't because I was awakened at 3 AM by noises in my apartment, and if we were alone. I told them that I was pretty sure we were alone, but they were more than welcome to look around, and if they found someone, they could have him!

They looked in my bathroom and my art/sewing room while DH turned on the lights in the living room, and there, sound asleep on the couch, was a complete stranger! From what the police officers told us, he had been banging on the door downstairs, and the lady in there told him to go home and sober up. When she heard him manage to get our door open, she called the police.

He was a student at a local university, and had had a bit too much to drink--enough that he couldn't remember where he lived, or how old he was. He told the police that he was 26. When the officer said "I don't think so", he said "Well, how about 21?". When they finally got him to produce ID, he was 18, obviously underage. They finally got him up and got him to move his feet enough to get him out of my apartment. Other than being slightly shaken up by seeing this young man in my living room, there were no other problems, at least for us. The university has a "zero tolerance" policy for underage drinking and other quality of life issues, so I think this young person will be looking for another place to go to school!

Beth
Wow, I've only heard of this happening in a local news story on TV, now I have a first hand account!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:40 AM   #2893
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Break-in

Wow! That is so scary. It's good to know that you all are fine although very surprised to find a stranger sleeping on your couch. Hope you have a peaceful weekend. Sherry.
Old 10-12-2012, 08:52 AM   #2894
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I'm hoping that I actually have some time to read this weekend. I need some time to just relax after a stressful couple of days. We had a "break in" at home the other night. Beth
I agree, you need a relaxing weekend! I can't even imagine how scary and stressful that must have been for you. Glad to hear you and your husband are okay and that nothing was taken.

I think a doctor should perscribe a two week crusie!
Old 10-12-2012, 10:08 AM   #2895
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are doing this tour - we booked directly through Native Choice.

Tammy
I just checked to book this tour and there is no availability.
Ya snooze, ya lose!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: