Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #2866
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Airlines

We usually fly American. It was our airline that we used to fly back and forth from London to Texas while we lived in London for a few years. We still have lots of miles so we do use American a lot. My husband gets upgraded so it is his airline of choice. I like an airline that lets me choose my seat so Southwest is never my first choice. . Sherry
Old 10-11-2012, 03:46 PM   #2867
skoi
DIS Veteran

Checking in again re: Costa Maya tour to Chaccoben.

Sent a pm around regarding deposit needed. If you're with us and you didn't get it, let me know and I'll get the info to you ASAP. I'm pretty sure I missed someone.

Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 04:55 PM   #2868
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
These look great!!! I also bought that Groupon. Would you share your image files. Would you care if we had the same shirts? are they nice material? There are just 2 of us.
Thanks! I don't mind if you have the same shirts. I will PM you to get the images to you. The shirt quality is okay, not the best but not the worst. We didn't get the premium shirts because I knew we won't be wearing them that much and I didn't want to spend more than the $20. If you want a nicer shirt, I would order the premium, esp, since there is only two of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
I've slowed down so you're definitely in the lead -- so busy with work between now and then that I think I'm going to need to go buy the Cliff's Notes.
I have been staying awake way to late at night to get to 50%. I can not continue to live on less than 5 hours of sleep a night.
Old 10-11-2012, 05:59 PM   #2869
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
Did I read that someone was doing the ruins tour in Costa Maya with Native Choice but is doing the lunch in the village with a family?
We may be interested in joining you if you don't mind. Let me know.

Thanks
Audrey
We are doing this tour - we booked directly through Native Choice.

Tammy

Old 10-11-2012, 06:02 PM   #2870
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

A Reason to Celebrate

Looks like we are will be celebrating a engagement on this cruise!
So my sister's BF is not coming on the cruise with us, he is a lawyer and owns his own practice and can't get away for two weeks. Well he contacted me today about flying to Cabo with a "surprise" for my sister while we are in port. I convinced him it was a bad idea (short port time, no cell phone communication, I don't want to miss my dive excursion.....) and convianced him to surprise her in Disneyland!

The plan is that he will be waiting in front of the castle so when we leave the Plaza Inn after breakfast, we will run into him there where he will propose! This way, we can spend the day in the parks celebrating together. He will surprise her with dinner at Napa Rose while we watched the kids and then surprise her with a room at the Grand Californian. The kids will come back with us to our hotel. We will met up on Sunday morning for breakfast and head to the port where he will see us off.

I bet my sister will have the whole wedding planned before we get off the ship!

So a question for disneyland vets: We have breakfast at the Plaza Inn before the park opens. How long would it take from when the park opens to get to the castle and how long would it take us from the Plaza Inn to the castle?
Old 10-11-2012, 06:21 PM   #2871
socababy
DIS Veteran

How exciting for your sister! The Plaza Inn is about a minute or so walk from the front gate and the castle is about a 30 second walk from the Plaza. DL is a lot more condensed than WDW. You can have him stand on the bridge that leads into the castle as a place to "run" into him. If you don't want her to see him, distract her with a map while you are walking towards the castle. Make sure to video the proposal because we will all want to see! Just pretend you are taking a video of the castle when you are walking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
So my sister's BF is not coming on the cruise with us, he is a lawyer and owns his own practice and can't get away for two weeks. Well he contacted me today about flying to Cabo with a "surprise" for my sister while we are in port. I convinced him it was a bad idea (short port time, no cell phone communication, I don't want to miss my dive excursion.....) and convianced him to surprise her in Disneyland!

The plan is that he will be waiting in front of the castle so when we leave the Plaza Inn after breakfast, we will run into him there where he will propose! This way, we can spend the day in the parks celebrating together. He will surprise her with dinner at Napa Rose while we watched the kids and then surprise her with a room at the Grand Californian. The kids will come back with us to our hotel. We will met up on Sunday morning for breakfast and head to the port where he will see us off.

So a question for disneyland vets: We have breakfast at the Plaza Inn before the park opens. How long would it take from when the park opens to get to the castle and how long would it take us from the Plaza Inn to the castle?
MAGIC July 2014 Med, Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 10-11-2012, 06:35 PM   #2872
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
What a wonderful idea!!! I'm guessing she doesn't read these boards???
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 PM   #2873
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Living Social has a Vista Print deal, Sorry I didn't think to post the groupon here. we got $70 for $17, but this is for $50 and you spend $10.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1...cards-and-more

I like Living Social, if you buy one and 3 other people use your link and buy one yours is FREE!! I have gotten a free Starbucks giftcard and free movie tickets.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-11-2012, 06:42 PM   #2874
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Awesome!!! Did you know that you can hire a local photog to come into the parks and take photos? I just saw a thread on the DL board. They paid $300 and got a session and all the photos on a CD. The woman said there are a bunch that do that, but you may have to pay for them to get into the park. They could get it all on film and then do some family shots. I will go find the thread I was reading.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-11-2012, 06:54 PM   #2875
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

I saw the Push one a while back, but these popped up too. There are a ton on youtube. crazy. You shoud at least get a PhotoPass person so they can get the photos while it happens.

Push Proposals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPld1qpvl8

Glass Slipper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQRl...endscreen&NR=1

Minnie and Mickey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REnru...eature=related
Old 10-11-2012, 06:59 PM   #2876
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks! I don't mind if you have the same shirts. I will PM you to get the images to you.
Thought I sent you a PM earlier this morning with the same request, but I do not see anything in my sent. Did you get it? Any way, I would love to have the image to make something.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 10-11-2012, 07:20 PM   #2877
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Here the is thread about having photos at DL

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3004138

This is the site where the family had a session.
http://sarinalove.com/disneyland-family-session/

Honeymoon photo shoot
http://ouradventuresasafoursome.blog...oto-shoot.html
Old 10-11-2012, 07:21 PM   #2878
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
How exciting for your sister! The Plaza Inn is about a minute or so walk from the front gate and the castle is about a 30 second walk from the Plaza. DL is a lot more condensed than WDW. You can have him stand on the bridge that leads into the castle as a place to "run" into him. If you don't want her to see him, distract her with a map while you are walking towards the castle. Make sure to video the proposal because we will all want to see! Just pretend you are taking a video of the castle when you are walking up.
Thanks. Knowing the walking times helps. I plan to stall at breakfast by having DH keep getting more food/eating (he has such a hard task) until I get a txt from the DBF saying he is set-up. At that point we can leave. My sister would never hold a map! That's what she has me for! But I am sure we can find a way to distract her! The moment she sees him, she will know what is happening so the set-up is important. Can you walk all the way through the castle in DL? I am always videoing so my sister wouldn't think twice that I have my camera out and my DH will have the other camera. I was thinking about preordering the photopass + in case we miss the shot. I can't wait to capture her moment as she captured mine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
What a wonderful idea!!! I'm guessing she doesn't read these boards???
I sure hope she isn't lurking! If she was, I would have already been yelled at for some of the things I said about her on here!

Quote:
Awesome!!! Did you know that you can hire a local photog to come into the parks and take photos? I just saw a thread on the DL board. They paid $300 and got a session and all the photos on a CD. The woman said there are a bunch that do that, but you may have to pay for them to get into the park. They could get it all on film and then do some family shots. I will go find the thread I was reading.
I might have to look into this. Did you find the thread?
Quote:
I saw the Push one a while back, but these popped up too. There are a ton on youtube. crazy. You shoud at least get a PhotoPass person so they can get the photos while it happens.

Push Proposals

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzPld1qpvl8

Glass Slipper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFQRl...endscreen&NR=1

Minnie and Mickey
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REnru...eature=related
Thanks for posting these! I am soooo excited!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:41 PM   #2879
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Living Social has a Vista Print deal, Sorry I didn't think to post the groupon here. we got $70 for $17, but this is for $50 and you spend $10.

http://www.livingsocial.com/cities/1...cards-and-more

I like Living Social, if you buy one and 3 other people use your link and buy one yours is FREE!! I have gotten a free Starbucks giftcard and free movie tickets.
EDIT: forget that! I read it wrong! Don't listen to me! FYI: the promotional value expires today on this deal!

This is what happens when I stay up late reading The path between the Seas
Old 10-11-2012, 08:01 PM   #2880
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Living Social

Thanks I bought the Living Social for Vistprint. I think it's perfect for a cruise photo book. Sherry

Last edited by skayrobe; 10-11-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: