Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 07:49 PM   #2851
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe
Those shirts are so cute. What a great idea for the cruise. We all (10 of us) all wore the same shirts at Disneyland and we looked so cute. It was a great photo op in front of the castle. I will keep my eye out for that groupon from now on. Sherry
I'll let you know if I see it again. And thanks
Old 10-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #2852
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

US airways doesn't bother me, it is what I usually fly for work but I feel that way about Delta.. couldn't pay me to fly delta. I've only been to LAX once and from what i remember, it wasn't to bad but my friend picked me up. It can't be worse than Atlanta was during the Olympics or can it?
Arriving at LAX is not too bad. departing LAX... awful! It is honestly one of the WORST airpots I have flown through, and I have flown five different airlines through it and all were bad.

I actually have no issues with Delta, they are my American carrier of choice! Although they had the worst customer service ever at PHL airport when I flew from there.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 09:21 PM   #2853
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula

Arriving at LAX is not too bad. departing LAX... awful! It is honestly one of the WORST airpots I have flown through, and I have flown five different airlines through it and all were bad.

I actually have no issues with Delta, they are my American carrier of choice! Although they had the worst customer service ever at PHL airport when I flew from there.
Their horrible costumer service is the reason I don't fly them anymore! I was stuck overnight in Atlanta one to many times with no apology. If delta and easyjet flew the same route, I would choose easyjet every single time. That is how much dislike delta. I never flew out of LAX and I guess I should be thankful then that I won't have to on this trip. Best US airline ever was Hooters. I miss them. Worst airline ever: China Air.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:46 PM   #2854
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Disney Christmas "Special Amenities"

I see that there are special Halloween decorations and such available on the Disney website for October cruises. Does anyone know what type of Christmas decorations might be available for our cruise? My nine year old is starting to get a little concerned about the (possible) lack of a tree this year.

Does anyone bring such things on board? Although I'm pretty sure we won't be carting anything like that with us from Saskatchewan. Especially after my husband realizes how much room is going to be devoted to FE gifts!
Old 10-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #2855
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLou1962 View Post
I see that there are special Halloween decorations and such available on the Disney website for October cruises. Does anyone know what type of Christmas decorations might be available for our cruise? My nine year old is starting to get a little concerned about the (possible) lack of a tree this year.

Does anyone bring such things on board? Although I'm pretty sure we won't be carting anything like that with us from Saskatchewan. Especially after my husband realizes how much room is going to be devoted to FE gifts!
The ship is decorated to the hilt! It is beautiful so no fear. I'm using a Christmas stocking for FE

Old 10-10-2012, 10:04 PM   #2856
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

I am planning to use a stocking as well.
Old 10-10-2012, 10:49 PM   #2857
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

Their horrible costumer service is the reason I don't fly them anymore! I was stuck overnight in Atlanta one to many times with no apology. If delta and easyjet flew the same route, I would choose easyjet every single time. That is how much dislike delta. I never flew out of LAX and I guess I should be thankful then that I won't have to on this trip. Best US airline ever was Hooters. I miss them. Worst airline ever: China Air.
No, the worst airline ever is United. I hate them so much. Flown with them twice, both times I have had so many issues I swore never again. And never have! Apart from at PHL, Delta have been okay customer service wise for me. PHL was horrible though.

We plan to majorly decorate our door! And have a mini Xmas tree in our stateroom. I can't wait, Disney Xmas decoration is always the best. Love the parks all decorated for the holidays.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-11-2012, 05:57 AM   #2858
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Have no fear, Christmas will be there! Including a huge decorated tree in the atrium, and probably Christmas music everywhere instead of Disney tmusic, which I think is unfortunate. AND a gingerbread house.

IKEA has a 3 foot cardboard tree that stores flat, but I don't know where the heck you'd pput it, in anything less than a suite. I might get an Advent Calendar, though. I could magnet that to the inside of the stateroom door.

Happy Day, All!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:23 AM   #2859
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

American is not the airline to be flying since the bankruptcy and pilots pseudo-strike. I avoid US ScAre at all costs. Delta's tolerable. United is tolerable. LAX is fine. Dallas sucks.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 10-11-2012, 07:07 AM   #2860
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

I Luv Southwest Airlines.
When we fly to WDW (usually drive) that is our airline of choice (from Buffalo).
That is who we will be using for December trip. Went to book flights online to Houston yesterday for our cruise in January and had a terrible time doing so. After much frustration (not to mention a couple of tears) the girl at SW (who was understanding but had her hands tied and couldn't help me) gave me their Customer Service number in Dallas and I called them. Took a little time but they were able to resolve the issue and I am one happy cruiser.
So again, I LUV SOUTHWEST AIRLINES!!
Old 10-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #2861
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Southwest airline

By flying Southwest into Houston you will fly into Hobby Airport in Houston. It is very close to the port probably only a 30 minute drive. The other airport in Houston is Bush international which is at least an hour to the port and that is if there is no traffic. Sherry

Last edited by skayrobe; 10-11-2012 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #2862
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Major milestone

Last night I finally hit 50% complete on The Path Between the Seas! Halfway there!
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #2863
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

I usually fly American. The last time I flew United (I like to call it Un-tied) was when I was going to San Fransciso from LAX. They had to cancel a whole flight and it too me 6 hours to get on another flight. I could have driven there in that time.

The last time I few Continental was when I was standing in line at the gate to check-in and lost my, and my 5-yr old sons', seat WHILE STANDING IN LINE. They split us up but fortunately, a kind passenger swapped seats to allow us to sit together again. The plane staff was also very rude as they asked me on a couple of occasions "Can you keep your child quiet?" I finally told them to be my guest, if THEY could. During the flight, I broke out some of those Crayola Washable Markers and let him color in his book. He extended his coloring to the bulkhead and tray table. That drew the ire of the staff, which I enjoyed. I subsequently asked for a wet towel and wiped everything clean.

LAX is in my back yard. While I hate the lack of amenities for travelers, it's amazing that they get the number of passengers through it to become the number 3 busiest airport in the US. I hardly know they are there most of the time.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:39 PM   #2864
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
So I ordered matching T-shirts for us to wear when we board the ship. The kids love when we do it and my sister hates it. In the past, my friend has always ordered us shirts and I'm sure my sister thinks since they aren't coming, we won't have them. I hope they will make for a cute photo. Vistaprint had a groupon for $80 worth of product for $20. I thought it was a pretty good deal as we ended up getting 6 shirts for $20. Anyway, getting them made my day after last night's mess.

Front:

Back:

These look great!!! I also bought that Groupon. Would you share your image files. Would you care if we had the same shirts? are they nice material? There are just 2 of us.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-11-2012, 01:58 PM   #2865
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Last night I finally hit 50% complete on The Path Between the Seas! Halfway there!
I've slowed down so you're definitely in the lead -- so busy with work between now and then that I think I'm going to need to go buy the Cliff's Notes.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: