Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #2836
Land Park Tudor
- - -

One more thing done/paid for in preparation for the cruise--kids' passports arrived in the mail yesterday. It's so lame that you have to renew every 5 years. While I understand he need for updated kids photos, it would be nice if you didn't have to pay such a hefty fee just to update the photo!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:51 AM   #2837
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
At least it all worked out in the end. To bad husband can't fly out with the kids and your sister fly out with you.
DH already had that thought, he woke me up in the middle of the night to ask me if I thought the gate agent would notice if my sister and him switched tickets since the gate agents don't check ID at the gate. Sorry hunny, not gonna work, find a way to entain yourself while I nap on the plane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
I had a similar scare about our flight from Miami that I booked, or asked to book, through DCL. There was some discussion on this board a few weeks ago about people not getting flights out of Miami, or other places, that they wanted because of the holiday traffic. I logged on to DCL's website to check if they had booked my flights yet. In their own screwy way, they indicated that I had no transportation requested or booked. This upset me greatly. But I checked the latest receipt and it did show that I had "requested" air so I was much better.

They are also showing, on the website, that I am a "pre-cruise" guest with no particular check-in time. You better believe I will be at the port at 10:30AM to check-in.
Hope everything works out for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
One more thing done/paid for in preparation for the cruise--kids' passports arrived in the mail yesterday. It's so lame that you have to renew every 5 years. While I understand he need for updated kids photos, it would be nice if you didn't have to pay such a hefty fee just to update the photo!
Glad they arrived with plenty of time. The fee is steep for every 5 years. But the new photos are needed, my niece got a new passport a year ago and her previous one, she was 6 months old, her 5 year old self did not look anything like the picture.

I had to get a new passport to go on my honeymoon (passport expired in May, honeymoon was in September) then I needed another new passport 6 months later when I changed my name. Such a pain.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 12:38 PM   #2838
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

The fee is steep for every 5 years. But the new photos are needed, my niece got a new passport a year ago and her previous one, she was 6 months old, her 5 year old self did not look anything like the picture.
Yes, my 6 y/o boy was 6 weeks when we got his (in the picture, I was off to the side propping his head up) -- he looks a little different now, lol.
Old 10-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #2839
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So 2 weeks ago, my sister asked me to book their return flight. I sent her two options and she finally got back to me last night on which one she wanted. DH went to book the flight last night and went looking for their reservation for the flight out so that he could just copy the information. In a state of panic, he comes running into the bedroom and informs me that he didnít think Corinne booked the flight out because he canít find any record of it. So I call ditsy sister and after 7 phone call attempts, she finally picks up and says she doesnít know if she booked the tickets, she thought we would.

Backstory-When DH and I booked our tickets out, we were planning on booking theirs at the same time but then my sister wanted to wait as the kidsí father had them that week and she wanted to confirm she could take them on that Friday. We emailed all the flight information and told her to book it when everything was okay.

Well after calling Southwest last night, she didnít book the flight and we didnít book them on the flight. So they had no flight out. The flight we are taking is now double what DH and I paid so my sister and the kids are now booked on a different flight on a different airline. They do have a direct flight so they leave later than us and get in to LAX 15 minutes earlier. Now the sister isnít happy that she has to fly alone with the kids and my husband isnít happy that he doesnít have the kids to play with on the plane.

On a positive note, at least we found out before we arrived at the airport on the day of our departure. And maybe, just maybe, my sister will learn a lesson from this and start to be more responsible and organized!

OMG, good thing you guys found out!!! That would have been awful.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary ďMagicĒ Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #2840
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So 2 weeks ago, my sister asked me to book their return flight. I sent her two options and she finally got back to me last night on which one she wanted. DH went to book the flight last night and went looking for their reservation for the flight out so that he could just copy the information. In a state of panic, he comes running into the bedroom and informs me that he didnít think Corinne booked the flight out because he canít find any record of it. So I call ditsy sister and after 7 phone call attempts, she finally picks up and says she doesnít know if she booked the tickets, she thought we would.

Backstory-When DH and I booked our tickets out, we were planning on booking theirs at the same time but then my sister wanted to wait as the kidsí father had them that week and she wanted to confirm she could take them on that Friday. We emailed all the flight information and told her to book it when everything was okay.

Well after calling Southwest last night, she didnít book the flight and we didnít book them on the flight. So they had no flight out. The flight we are taking is now double what DH and I paid so my sister and the kids are now booked on a different flight on a different airline. They do have a direct flight so they leave later than us and get in to LAX 15 minutes earlier. Now the sister isnít happy that she has to fly alone with the kids and my husband isnít happy that he doesnít have the kids to play with on the plane.

On a positive note, at least we found out before we arrived at the airport on the day of our departure. And maybe, just maybe, my sister will learn a lesson from this and start to be more responsible and organized!
OMG - your sister is lucky to have you Just curious what airport you are flying out of that you found a direct flight to LAX?

tammy

Old 10-10-2012, 01:42 PM   #2841
tojam
Tojam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensfamily View Post
We are late seating for dinner. I am a bit sad about that with an almost 2yr old who goes to bed at 7pm.
Hello from Temperance, MI!

Was snooping around as our family is doing the same cruise but in September of 2013. Hopefully, you can provide some good suggestions on the ports...especially with a little one.

My name is TC, wife Jamie, 2 yo son Callen and baby on the way. We did the WBTA in 2011 when Callen was nine months old. We also did late seating and it was not a problem. We just adjusted for a late nap and figured there would be so much adjusting when we got home based on different energy, etc. that we moved his sleep cycle within a day or two.

We have always preferred the late seating as it is less rushed. More time for coffee or drinks with desert. For our EBPC in 2013 we will have Callen a bit shy of 3 yo and the baby will be almost nine months.

If you can please let us know any neat ideas you found or things to avoid. Is this your first cruise with a little one? The two things I would recommend based on WBTA and another one week cruise we did was the following:

1. Fold up stroller. Full size won't fit in the door, they clutter the room and take up so much more room in the elevator you will find yourself waiting all day.

2. We were going to have the kitchen do veggies for Callen and store them as we were not sure what he would eat. Long story short....he ate what we did. Especially the ice cream by the infant pool.

Have a great cruise. I am looking forward to ours. We have done the WBTA twice with Disney (once as a couple and once with child). Both were amazing in their own ways.

NCL Dawn - Repositioning Apr 2014
NCL Getaway - Caribbean Mar 2014
RC Enchantment - Bahamas Feb 2014
Carnival Breeze - Southern Caribbean Jan 2014
Disney Fantasy - Caribbean 2013
RC Oasis of the Seas 2013
Carnival Glory - Caribbean December 2011
Dis Magic- Westbound Transatlantic-September 2011
NCL Jewel - Eastbound Transatlantic - May 2009
Dis Magic - Westbound Transatlantic - August 2007
RC Slendor - Bahamas - February 2007
Old 10-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #2842
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:

On a positive note, at least we found out before we arrived at the airport on the day of our departure.
This sounds like one of my frequent travel nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Still looking for two who expressed interest in the Costa Maya tour. I need to send a deposit-- still working out the details of how to collect since it seems paypal charges for that?
I know it's old fashioned, but I (we?) could send you a personal check or money order by mail. Or, we could give you cash on the ship. Or, we could even give you Disney Gift Cards to apply to your onboard account! Honestly, whatever works best for you.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:19 PM   #2843
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Well....
We haven't even packed yet for our December cruise and I booked a 6 night Eastern Caribbean out of Galveston for Jan 26-Feb 1/13 with our 5 year old grandson. It was kids sail free and yesterday I got a code for 40% off Southwest flights soooooo....
I spent this morning getting everything in order.

Anyone else planning on doing this cruise?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #2844
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Did I read that someone was doing the ruins tour in Costa Maya with Native Choice but is doing the lunch in the village with a family?
We may be interested in joining you if you don't mind. Let me know.

Thanks
Audrey
Old 10-10-2012, 06:39 PM   #2845
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Eastern Carribean

We are looking at doing one of the "kids sail free" cruises out of Galveston with our granddaughter (just turned 4 in Juky). We haven't booked yet and are waiting for her parents to decide on dates. We live in Houston so are 45 minutes from Galveston by car so we are good with last minute. Hope to see you on that cruise too. Sherry
Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 PM   #2846
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
OMG - your sister is lucky to have you Just curious what airport you are flying out of that you found a direct flight to LAX?

tammy
PHL on US airways. Kinda wish we would have booked this as my sister paid the same price we did in June. A direct flight would have been nice but DH does like to have layovers to stretch his legs. At 6'5", he gets cramped. But we do get two free bags and now they will have to pay for theirs.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:14 PM   #2847
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

PHL on US airways. Kinda wish we would have booked this as my sister paid the same price we did in June. A direct flight would have been nice but DH does like to have layovers to stretch his legs. At 6'5", he gets cramped. But we do get two free bags and now they will have to pay for theirs.
And I wouldn't fly US Airways if you paid me!!! Or fly into LAX... I hate that airport.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #2848
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

T-shirts came today

So I ordered matching T-shirts for us to wear when we board the ship. The kids love when we do it and my sister hates it. In the past, my friend has always ordered us shirts and I'm sure my sister thinks since they aren't coming, we won't have them. I hope they will make for a cute photo. Vistaprint had a groupon for $80 worth of product for $20. I thought it was a pretty good deal as we ended up getting 6 shirts for $20. Anyway, getting them made my day after last night's mess.

Front:

Back:
Old 10-10-2012, 07:34 PM   #2849
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Shirts

Those shirts are so cute. What a great idea for the cruise. We all (10 of us) all wore the same shirts at Disneyland and we looked so cute. It was a great photo op in front of the castle. I will keep my eye out for that groupon from now on. Sherry
Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #2850
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula

And I wouldn't fly US Airways if you paid me!!! Or fly into LAX... I hate that airport.
US airways doesn't bother me, it is what I usually fly for work but I feel that way about Delta.. couldn't pay me to fly delta. I've only been to LAX once and from what i remember, it wasn't to bad but my friend picked me up. It can't be worse than Atlanta was during the Olympics or can it?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: