Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #2821
rach7
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
The biggest question for my Dh is how will we stay connected. Of course, he means to all the gadgets we live with to stay connected to the world. What is the computer availability? Is it too much to he that we have wi-fi? Will our cell phones work in ports? Most of all I am concerned with staying in touch with family. We just found out today that Dh's step mom (90) fell last weekend and my mom has been bedridden after a fall in August. I call my mom twice a day and would love to be able to do so on the cruise. Sherry
There is Wi-Fi available on board (including in your stateroom), but it's expensive and slow! It's a bit faster if you hang out outside the Cove Cafe. We've always had pretty good reception for our mobile phones (often you pick up carriers from passing ports, otherwise the boat has it's own signal). Text messages are pretty easy to send and receive. You'll be able to keep in touch - though sometimes the best part about being on the cruise is being out of touch!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:55 AM   #2822
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
By the way, does the ship have a sports bar? If so, I'll see you there. Can't miss any hockey games. Oh wait . . . never mind.
Yes, there is a sports bar. Hope to see you there! I will be the one yelling at the TVs. Not sure if I am going to pack the WVU basketball jersey yet. I hope they will show the games.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Let me see. Your boss broke your fingers. You broke your toe watching football . . .Poor BABY! remind me not to get to close to you
The two of us are just accident prone. Boss currently has a broken foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach7 View Post
You'll be able to keep in touch - though sometimes the best part about being on the cruise is being out of touch!
This is us! Love being out of touch!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2012, 08:30 AM   #2823
skoi
DIS Veteran

Still looking for two who expressed interest in the Costa Maya tour. I need to send a deposit-- still working out the details of how to collect since it seems paypal charges for that?

Anyway-- looking for spiiffy and schepp. Any idea if they're still with us?

Thanks.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #2824
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
The biggest question for my Dh is how will we stay connected. Of course, he means to all the gadgets we live with to stay connected to the world. What is the computer availability? Is it too much to he that we have wi-fi? Will our cell phones work in ports? Most of all I am concerned with staying in touch with family. We just found out today that Dh's step mom (90) fell last weekend and my mom has been bedridden after a fall in August. I call my mom twice a day and would love to be able to do so on the cruise. Sherry
If you have enough money, you can connect to anyone at anytime. Seriously, there are computers on the ship and you can buy internet time by the hour. Since the internet at sea is via satellite it will be probably be slower than what you have at home or on your phone, in the US. You can use your cell phone while at sea, but you will pay dearly for the opportunity. Cell phones do work in "port" but if that port is out of the country, you will pay international roaming charges. Call your cell carrier and talk with them about the trip and see what they can do for you. It's better to do it now than later.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:12 AM   #2825
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Some information for the newbies on the cruise, some credit card companies monitor your charges and will deny any charges that appear to be out of the norm or in our case, out of the country. Be sure to contact your CC company and tell them about the cruise so you don't run into a situation whereby you want to make a purchase and can't.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #2826
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Last day for PC Certificates!

Today is the last day to order and pay for your Panama Canal certificates.

This list includes all those who have expressed an interest in ordering a PC Certificate. If there is a number after your name, I have received your order, and this number reflects the quantity.

Invoices have also been sent out. If you see a number after your name, and you have not received an invoice, please PM me. If there is a typo in your e-mail address, PayPal unfortunately does not notify me that the e-mail did not go through.

If anyone would still like to place an order, the following link will take you to an order form:

Panama Canal Certificates Order Form

Once you submit your form, I will send you a PayPal invoice.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask .

Liz
Old 10-09-2012, 12:25 PM   #2827
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
Some information for the newbies on the cruise, some credit card companies monitor your charges and will deny any charges that appear to be out of the norm or in our case, out of the country. Be sure to contact your CC company and tell them about the cruise so you don't run into a situation whereby you want to make a purchase and can't.
Good point, I'll add it to my to do list - thanks! Along with finishing my FE items!!!
Old 10-09-2012, 12:28 PM   #2828
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCinderella View Post
Today is the last day to order and pay for your Panama Canal certificates.

This list includes all those who have expressed an interest in ordering a PC Certificate. If there is a number after your name, I have received your order, and this number reflects the quantity.

Invoices have also been sent out. If you see a number after your name, and you have not received an invoice, please PM me. If there is a typo in your e-mail address, PayPal unfortunately does not notify me that the e-mail did not go through.

If anyone would still like to place an order, the following link will take you to an order form:

Panama Canal Certificates Order Form

Once you submit your form, I will send you a PayPal invoice.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask .

Liz
Just because I'm too lazy to search, how big are the certificates? I want to bring a mailing tube for it so it doesn't get mangled during the trip.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #2829
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
Just because I'm too lazy to search, how big are the certificates? I want to bring a mailing tube for it so it doesn't get mangled during the trip.
Size - 15.5 x 21" (they are quite large)

It is strongly recommended that you pack a mailing tube to safely bring your certificates home (suggested sizes 2 x 18" or 2 x 24")...available at Office Depot, or any other major office supplier.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #2830
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post
Still looking for two who expressed interest in the Costa Maya tour. I need to send a deposit-- still working out the details of how to collect since it seems paypal charges for that?

Thanks.

If they make the paypay payment personal and then choose gift there is NO fee.

BUT the money most be in the account or come from a checking account. If you use a credit card, maybe even a debit card they charge a fee. I keep money in my account from surverys and ebates, so then I don't have to pay a fee.

BUT do mark gift and it will work. As long as you don't get a ton in the span of a few days you will be good. I am always in groups giving money for gifts and such for friends.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary ďMagicĒ Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-09-2012, 07:17 PM   #2831
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by knittingmaven View Post
We are Dodger Dog's parents and we're coming too. Looking forward to meeting everyone
Welcome! I guess you know about the daily (at least on sea days) knitting, crocheting, cross-stitch meet? Seems like it'd be right up your alley.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 10-09-2012, 07:34 PM   #2832
MrMom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoi View Post

Thanks.
spiiffy is on the facebook group. I'll send you a PM there with her name.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #2833
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Epic FAIL

So 2 weeks ago, my sister asked me to book their return flight. I sent her two options and she finally got back to me last night on which one she wanted. DH went to book the flight last night and went looking for their reservation for the flight out so that he could just copy the information. In a state of panic, he comes running into the bedroom and informs me that he didnít think Corinne booked the flight out because he canít find any record of it. So I call ditsy sister and after 7 phone call attempts, she finally picks up and says she doesnít know if she booked the tickets, she thought we would.

Backstory-When DH and I booked our tickets out, we were planning on booking theirs at the same time but then my sister wanted to wait as the kidsí father had them that week and she wanted to confirm she could take them on that Friday. We emailed all the flight information and told her to book it when everything was okay.

Well after calling Southwest last night, she didnít book the flight and we didnít book them on the flight. So they had no flight out. The flight we are taking is now double what DH and I paid so my sister and the kids are now booked on a different flight on a different airline. They do have a direct flight so they leave later than us and get in to LAX 15 minutes earlier. Now the sister isnít happy that she has to fly alone with the kids and my husband isnít happy that he doesnít have the kids to play with on the plane.

On a positive note, at least we found out before we arrived at the airport on the day of our departure. And maybe, just maybe, my sister will learn a lesson from this and start to be more responsible and organized!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #2834
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Backstory-When DH and I booked our tickets out, we were planning on booking theirs at the same time but then my sister wanted to wait as the kidsí father had them that week and she wanted to confirm she could take them on that Friday. We emailed all the flight information and told her to book it when everything was okay.

Well after calling Southwest last night, she didnít book the flight and we didnít book them on the flight. So they had no flight out. The flight we are taking is now double what DH and I paid so my sister and the kids are now booked on a different flight on a different airline. They do have a direct flight so they leave later than us and get in to LAX 15 minutes earlier. Now the sister isnít happy that she has to fly alone with the kids and my husband isnít happy that he doesnít have the kids to play with on the plane.
At least it all worked out in the end. To bad husband can't fly out with the kids and your sister fly out with you.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:34 AM   #2835
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

I had a similar scare about our flight from Miami that I booked, or asked to book, through DCL. There was some discussion on this board a few weeks ago about people not getting flights out of Miami, or other places, that they wanted because of the holiday traffic. I logged on to DCL's website to check if they had booked my flights yet. In their own screwy way, they indicated that I had no transportation requested or booked. This upset me greatly. But I checked the latest receipt and it did show that I had "requested" air so I was much better.

They are also showing, on the website, that I am a "pre-cruise" guest with no particular check-in time. You better believe I will be at the port at 10:30AM to check-in.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: