Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:59 PM   #2791
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I made these "dry earse" boards for our cabin doors. If anyone is interested in one for your door, I can make you one. The board measures 8"x8". I will bring them without magnets on the back (less weight for me) so just bring sticky magnet strips with you and a BLACK dry earse marker. I can bring them to the first day meet.

I would absolutely love to have one! How did you make this?
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013

Old 10-07-2012, 06:40 PM   #2792
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensfamily View Post
Our cute family of four have booked this cruise. Our first cruise no less. We want to do fish extenders but it won't let me PM anyone because I am new here. If anyone can help me out that would be great. As of this minute I can't find my room number, I don't believe we have been assigned it yet.
There is so much to look forward to I am a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks for any help.
Hallie
Welcome aboard! I have added you to the roll call on Page 6/Post 77. If you want, let me know the names and/or ages of your family and I can also add that to the list.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2012, 07:51 PM   #2793
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

WOW! Between ACL repairs, fx toes and vertebrae, this is definitely a group in need of a Disney cruise (I have bad knees, but my biggest pain at the moment is my sister-in-law...does that count?). So sorry to hear of your ailments; definitely hoping for the best possible outcomes

I truly try to be happy and count my blessings every single day; seriously, you never know what will happen in the next five minutes, much less tomorrow.
Quote:
Not trouble that all and I'll have them for you guys at the meet. Your offer for a DOTD is very generous but is not necessary at all. It is a very simple design of a clear plastic presentation cover over a peice of paper. The idea came to me when we were looking at dry erase for our first cruise, they were bulky and expensive and we didn't want to pay that for something that we knew wasn't coming home with us! But I am always up for a drink paired with some great conversation!
What a great idea...I never would have thought of it . I considered buying a couple but thought they would be too bulky. The bags will be overstuffed as it is (and I'm sure I'm not alone). But the offer of a drink still stands .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owensfamily View Post
We are late seating for dinner. I am a bit sad about that with an almost 2yr old who goes to bed at 7pm.
Did you ask your TA to put in a request for 1st seating if it becomes available (or did you ask DCL if you booked yourself)? Alternatively, when you board the ship, ask where dining changes can be made (usually in one of the clubs) and go there immediately to request a change or put your name on a waiting list. You never know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsails View Post
Thanks for letting me ramble on....

Oh, yes, we are in a 5B. Do you need that for the cabin crawl?

Judy
I had to smile...despite all your pain and disappointment, your last comment was completely unselfish. Very nice. And happy belated anniversary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkPug View Post
I think that the message board is nice.
Hey , I emailed you...check to see if you received it, since I'm not sure I got your address right.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:10 AM   #2794
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
No trouble that all and I'll have them for you guys at the meet. Your offer for a DOTD is very generous but is not necessary at all. It is a very simple design of a clear plastic presentation cover over a peice of paper. The idea came to me when we were looking at dry erase for our first cruise, they were bulky and expensive and we didn't want to pay that for something that we knew wasn't coming home with us! But I am always up for a drink paired with some great conversation!

We love using the board for messages between cabins. It works wonders. We first used it before the wave phones and we still perfer it over the phones. I do not want to carry a phone with me on vacation and worry about losing it or try to txt in T9. We leave messages about where and when to meet for lunch or an activity along with reminders. Hope it works as well for you guys. Do you need one or two?
Good idea! I gave dry erase board as a FE gift on our med cruise back in 2010 before the days if wave phones!

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #2795
cayucan
Earning My Ears

Hello all--- We're new to cruising and I'm trying to find out some more info regarding "formal" dinner evenings. What if you're not into wearing a tie and coat and your other half says she doesn't think she even owns a dress anymore. Is the formal thing optional or should you plan to just dine elsewhere on formal nights
Old 10-08-2012, 07:54 AM   #2796
hollyjolly
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyrick View Post
Hollyjolly do you by chance have copies of the Personal Navigators from that cruise? I know there will be a lot of difference but it would be nice to get some idea of what to expect.
Hi disneyrick. Sorry I haven't been quicker to respond; I've not been on the boards the past couple days. I've looked in all my normal places around the house that I would have stashed Navigators - and found them for every other cruise we've taken, plus the paperwork we had from our stay at Disneyland after the Panama Canal in 2011, but no PC Navigators. I must have decided to put them in a really safe place... If I can think of another place to look and manage to find them, I'll try to post them here.

I remember a lot of good special events - Don "Ducky" Williams sessions, show with Susan Egan (original Broadway Belle), talks from a retired PC pilot, Jimmy Buffet tribute band, Crew Talent Show, BBQ on deck on PC crossing day (all of which I would recommend). Other things we didn't attend included a Cirque du Soleil-type show, a Mexican song and dance group, and voiceover sessions. Hope that helps.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #2797
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I made these "dry earse" boards for our cabin doors. If anyone is interested in one for your door, I can make you one. The board measures 8"x8". I will bring them without magnets on the back (less weight for me) so just bring sticky magnet strips with you and a BLACK dry earse marker. I can bring them to the first day meet.

Those are adorable. We would love one for our door! Thank you so much.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:43 AM   #2798
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayucan View Post
Hello all--- We're new to cruising and I'm trying to find out some more info regarding "formal" dinner evenings. What if you're not into wearing a tie and coat and your other half says she doesn't think she even owns a dress anymore. Is the formal thing optional or should you plan to just dine elsewhere on formal nights
The fashion police will not be present on the cruise. Feel free to dress how you like. However, I wouldn't show up in a t-shirt, board shorts, and sandals. I think business casual would be a minimum.
Old 10-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #2799
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by cayucan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
The fashion police will not be present on the cruise. Feel free to dress how you like. However, I wouldn't show up in a t-shirt, board shorts, and sandals. I think business casual would be a minimum.
Exactly. I wear a skirt and sweater set, but black pants and a nice top would be fine for "your other half". It's vacation, but you also don't want to offend anyone (and yes, some guests consider themselves the fashion police, but who cares about them? ). DH wears a coat and tie because he enjoys it, but plenty of men don't. Some people also wear ballgowns and tuxes (especially for formal pictures)...to each their own! No need to dine elsewhere those nights.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:44 PM   #2800
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Since there will be two formal nights we will likely dress for one in the full long dresses for pictures and then go more semi-formal for the other. It is just too hard to pack it all!
Old 10-08-2012, 12:57 PM   #2801
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
We would love one too--thanks!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #2802
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyjolly View Post
I remember a lot of good special events - Don "Ducky" Williams sessions
I hope he will be on this cruise, I met him when I was two and he made me a drawing of Mickey Mouse and my sister got one of Minnie. It is currently framed and hanging on the wall in my basement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmaker1 View Post
Those are adorable. We would love one for our door! Thank you so much.
You got it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug318ca View Post
My sister will be crusing with us so the fashion police will be present! But don't worry, she only judges when paid to do so and not on vacation. She also could care less if people dress or don't dress up for formal night. So don't worry, your photo won't appear in any magazine or website. You might hear her discussing my poor taste in outfits though. I drive her nuts and she "can't believe we are sisters". When we booked the zipline excursion, DH turned to me and said, "you know you are going to have to tell her she can't wear heels for this, right?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
We would love one too--thanks!
You got it.
Old 10-08-2012, 01:42 PM   #2803
LAS2012
Earning My Ears

The disneycruise website is making me pull my hair out today! I am trying to simply reserve some nursery time for DD and after taking forever to load, everytime I try to click "Save to Cart", it thinks for a while, DOES NOT save to cart, and then just provides a greyed out button. I have logged out and logged in, tried other days, but the site is just being unagreeable today. I have other nursery hours booked and plenty of hours available. It boggles my mind that such a big business could be running on such an insuffient website. I think I am going to make a huge door magnet for our cabin that says "Please do not refresh this page or use the back button during this operation!" with the flashing mickey heads. I bet that magnet would get "borrowed" off of our door!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #2804
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAS2012 View Post
I think I am going to make a huge door magnet for our cabin that says "Please do not refresh this page or use the back button during this operation!" with the flashing mickey heads. I bet that magnet would get "borrowed" off of our door!!!
Where's the "like" button!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:03 PM   #2805
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

As of today, we are showing only 45% cabin availability (54% last week). Cat 5B & 7A have fallen off the availability list. Not sure if we are getting more bookings, or if DCL is taking rooms out of inventory as they sort through GTY's. We are getting close to the 50-day mark when they usually start announcing GTY's.

Upgrade pixie dust to everyone!

The categories that are sold out are R, S, 5C, 5B, 7A, 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A & 11C.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: