Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 10:23 PM   #2731
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Spinning Class

I am ready for spinning class. Thanks for your explanation I thought everyone rode like a maniac. It sounds perfect for me. Thanks Sherry
Old 10-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #2732
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by socababy View Post
Dd was a bit annoyed that I received a gold lanyard last week and she got a silver one. I then told her that come Dec, she and I will both have a gold one and her brothers will have silver. She liked that! Oh the love of sibling rivalry.
Do we earn additional credit toward gold for going on a two week cruise? If not, we should.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #2733
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
I hate ALL OF YOU that are early risers. I just hate getting out of bed before 9am... I am brain dead before that. However I need sunrise pictures of the Panama Canal so I will force myself to get up early. That is going to be a looooooooong day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
I also hate to get up early!! DH is always up early though. I could sleep all day! I won't on the cruise though, too much to do!
FINALLY! Voices of reason! Actually, I do get up earlier on vacation (we always opened and closed the parks); don't want to miss anything! On the ship, there will be NO 5,6,or even 7am get-ups, with the exception of canal and disembarkation days. 8am is about right, with time to shower, etc, have a light breakfast and make the 10am "whatever" (talk, class, demonstration).

I think you get used to whatever you have to; DH used to set his alarm for 4:43am every day when he was working. He is a MUCH happier man since retirement . As for me, I usually start at 10am, so I can sleep until 8. When I have to be at work by 8:30am, I CAN get up at 6:30, I just don't like it! Of course, there are plenty of mornings where I wake up at 5am for...well, anyone over the age of 40 knows why, then the wheels start spinning and I can't get back to sleep. Ugh. I'm anticipating no problems sleeping soundly on the ship with an inside cabin.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #2734
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
Do we earn additional credit toward gold for going on a two week cruise? If not, we should.
Nope. I wish we did, since this will be our third 14-day cruise....still counts the same as a 3-day.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:22 PM   #2735
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Dining Rotation Options

Does anyone know what the dining rotation schedule will be like?
Old 10-05-2012, 12:28 AM   #2736
So Cal Crew
Mouseketeer

I knew there was a 6:00 PM but someone told me there was a 6 AM, but I've never seen it. You earlier risers from the east coast are going to have a half day in before room service even knocks on my door. If I sleep in till 9:00 my time and you wake up at 5:00 your time, you've already had 7 hours worth of fun. I guess I'll have to make up for it at night. That's why we do the late seating for dinner. If I did early seating, it might interfere with my breakfast.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:17 AM   #2737
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyHive View Post
Dining Rotation Options

Does anyone know what the dining rotation schedule will be like?
What ever order it's in, Roxy, expect the list of letters on your key card to be long - VERY long!

Seriously there is NO rhyme or reason to it on a long cruise.

On Hawaii, my rotation was PTTAPTAPTAPTAAP. Character breakfast was NOT the morning after the show dinner in Animators, as a previous cruiser might have expected, and the show dinner was NOT the first night in Animators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Crew View Post
I knew there was a 6:00 PM but someone told me there was a 6 AM, but I've never seen it. You earlier risers from the east coast are going to have a half day in before room service even knocks on my door. If I sleep in till 9:00 my time and you wake up at 5:00 your time, you've already had 7 hours worth of fun. I guess I'll have to make up for it at night. That's why we do the late seating for dinner. If I did early seating, it might interfere with my breakfast.
THAT explains why I never met you on the last cruise we shared!

Happy Day, ALL!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:07 AM   #2738
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Ship Time vs. Local Time

For those of you who have done the MR cruises and have been to Cabo, is this true about ship vs local time? On my caribbean cruises, I remember always changing time zones. Any info would be helpful as I don't want to book a trip that is going to have me miss the boat!

Hi Emily,

Thank you for your interest in Manta scuba diving tours, we will be happy to have you and your husband diving with our team.

We do have an afternoon trip departing at 1:30pm and returning at around 4:30-5;00pm, this tour would fit your schedule as the local time is an hour ahead of the ship's time (which means that 4:30 ship time is 5:30 local time here at cabo San Lucas.)

would you like to go ahead and book your dives?

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

We look forward diving with you,
Hagai and the Manta team
Old 10-05-2012, 07:43 AM   #2739
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

car rental

Trying to figure out how to get the best deal on a rental car in Miami. We leave Monday at 12:30 from FLL, so need a car for 1day and 2hrs. I currently have a couple reservations, but because of the extra couple hours, it is running around $150 or more.
I know we will be off the ship early Sunday, so figured would be picking up the car somewhere around the Port. I don't want to spend all Monday morning at FLL in order to just pay for one day, but can't think of how to either find something to do Sunday in order to get the car later, or something Monday morn after dropping off the car.

Anyone else leaving Monday and able to find a good car deal?
Old 10-05-2012, 08:35 AM   #2740
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
I start work at 7 - usually up by 4:30-5:00. I am what they call a "waddler" or slogger (think penguin) - very slow jog, unfortunately my feet can't take too much more than that. I do enjoy a spin class, so maybe. I am trying to get serious about my health and losing weight - so I am game to try anything

Nap time is about 3:00pm in the adult pool area on those wonderful comfy chairs - already told DD and DH that's where they will find me

Tammy
I'm yet another early riser. I wake up, with or without an alarm clock at 5:30 AM every day, and it's really getting very annoying. It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I just wake up at that hour!

I'm a walker, too. I can get up a pretty good pace--walking is part of my commute to work (two miles each way), and when the train is late I can do the mile to my office in a bit under 10 minutes! My regular pace is a lot more relaxed, however!

We'll be joining you for nap time LOL!!! Actually, DH can nap any time, any where, so he's always ready for a nap.

Beth
Old 10-05-2012, 08:36 AM   #2741
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Thanks! For some reason, it seems like most of the flights out of Miami are insanely early. I found an 11:40am that would probably work but it routes all the way north to Chicago (7 hour flight), has a 3 hour layover, then puts me on an hour and a half flight to go back south again to home. I wouldn't get home till almost midnight. That's a little crazy.

I've considered staying over a night in Miami as well, but I just have no idea what I'd do there for a day.
We're staying one night in Miami--you can hang out with us LOL!!! We'll be making our hotel reservation this weekend, I think.

We're taking Amtrak home the next morning, and we'll be home sometime late on Christmas Day.

Beth
Old 10-05-2012, 09:19 AM   #2742
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

What ever order it's in, Roxy, expect the list of letters on your key card to be long - VERY long!

Seriously there is NO rhyme or reason to it on a long cruise.

On Hawaii, my rotation was PTTAPTAPTAPTAAP. Character breakfast was NOT the morning after the show dinner in Animators, as a previous cruiser might have expected, and the show dinner was NOT the first night in Animators.
Omg how do you even keep up with that?????

I am considering calling DCL and asking. I need to call them anyway so I might as well ask! I also don't want to be in Parrot Cay on formal night.mhad that in Alaska and it was I wish they would redo Parrot Cay, it doesn't really fit th the rest of the ships AT ALL.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-05-2012, 10:17 AM   #2743
mug318ca
Mouseketeer since 1964

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
For those of you who have done the MR cruises and have been to Cabo, is this true about ship vs local time? On my caribbean cruises, I remember always changing time zones. Any info would be helpful as I don't want to book a trip that is going to have me miss the boat!
While time change during the cruise seems to be a bit of a mystery to me, I do know that when in port, ship time is local time.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:46 AM   #2744
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
Trying to figure out how to get the best deal on a rental car in Miami. We leave Monday at 12:30 from FLL, so need a car for 1day and 2hrs. I currently have a couple reservations, but because of the extra couple hours, it is running around $150 or more.
I know we will be off the ship early Sunday, so figured would be picking up the car somewhere around the Port. I don't want to spend all Monday morning at FLL in order to just pay for one day, but can't think of how to either find something to do Sunday in order to get the car later, or something Monday morn after dropping off the car.

Anyone else leaving Monday and able to find a good car deal?
We are renting from Avis (office near the port, not at the airport, will take taxi to office, no shuttle). Pick up time is 8:00am - driving to WDW and returning on Monday at MCO at 11:00 - the extra 3 hours doubles the price We are paying $142.00 for the day. Used a discount code I found on Mousesavers.

Tammy

Old 10-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #2745
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I'm yet another early riser. I wake up, with or without an alarm clock at 5:30 AM every day, and it's really getting very annoying. It doesn't matter what time I go to sleep, I just wake up at that hour!

I'm a walker, too. I can get up a pretty good pace--walking is part of my commute to work (two miles each way), and when the train is late I can do the mile to my office in a bit under 10 minutes! My regular pace is a lot more relaxed, however!

We'll be joining you for nap time LOL!!! Actually, DH can nap any time, any where, so he's always ready for a nap.

Beth
Love it - group nap time

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: