Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 01:53 PM   #2716
Gilland18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
So while on the Fantasy during a cooking class, DH asked a question about the food and the chef informed him that all the food for the week is loaded in PC and they do not restock along the way. (this explains why the krispy cream donuts are so gross on the last day)

DH was wondering if during the longer cruises if they stop at any place to restock or if all food is loaded on the first day. I did not pay attention to this during the Med cruise. Does anyone know?

DH has a theory that Disney wants this cruise to remain some what empty because carrying and storing enough food for 14 days for a half full ship is easier than doing so for a full one. He also has a theory that Disney wants some rooms empty so that they can repair rooms that need it.

His thought is that Disney has to move the ship anyway so any passengers on board while they do it is an added bonus.

These reasons could explain why they aren't pushing to hard to sell it to the general public.

His lastest theory is that Disney won't place anyone on floors 1 &2 and repair those rooms and everyone will have a higher deck room and maybe a view.

Who knows..I guess we will have to wait and see what happens when the room assignments come out! Does anyone know when that maybe?
I was just reading in Wikipedia about the Panama Canal (it must be true - it;s on the internet) and it says the cruise ships pay per permanent bed on the ship. One price for empty ones and a higher price for filled ones. If true, this would support the theory that DCL isn't desperate to fill the ship.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM   #2717
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

dthogue, come out and sit with me in the Cove in the mornings! It's much better than to sit in the cabin and need to be quiet! I can't understand this ability to 'sleep in' past 7 am
Me either - I don't have the ability to sleep past 5-5:30. I'm an early bird!! Only problem is that I'm ready for bed at 9:30pm

I would love to join you! I know you are an early exerciser too - do you go to the gym on the ship? I'm planning on walking in the morning if my sore feet cooperate.

Tammy
Quote:
. . .
Glad to hear there are early birds on the ship! I am up at 5:30 and already at work by 7. This habit doesn't stop on weekends or vacations. I am hoping to maybe take afternoon naps so that I can enjoy the nightlife a little bit.

DH and I are normally running at 7 so we skipped the 7am gym class (normally a sunrise strech) but try to hit up an 8am spin class after running when they have them. We also will hit up the gym after running to lift.

My slow *** likes to talk to someone while running so if anyone is interested in a workout buddy yet me know. DH makes for a horrible workout buddy since his pace is half of mine and while my sister is in much better shape than me, she prefers to spin (she is a spin instructor) and will only run if her life depended on it.

Looking forward to seeing the early risers around the ship bright and early!
Gals, you have the wrong end of the stick where I am concerned I "work out" in order to keep moving, but iron woman I am SO NOT! I will be happy to go out there on the track with you in the mornings, or up on deck 10 if it's nice, but you can expect to 'Lap" me at regular intervals.

WVURunner - that was me - at my desk or in the lab at 6:30 and I had usually been to the gym first. At least, Tammy, getting up that early you get to see Sunrises. And therell be a regular group of early risers at the coffee station - just wait, you'll see.
Register to remove

Old 10-04-2012, 04:39 PM   #2718
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Glad to hear there are early birds on the ship! I am up at 5:30 and already at work by 7. This habit doesn't stop on weekends or vacations. I am hoping to maybe take afternoon naps so that I can enjoy the nightlife a little bit.

DH and I are normally running at 7 so we skipped the 7am gym class (normally a sunrise strech) but try to hit up an 8am spin class after running when they have them. We also will hit up the gym after running to lift.

My slow *** likes to talk to someone while running so if anyone is interested in a workout buddy yet me know. DH makes for a horrible workout buddy since his pace is half of mine and while my sister is in much better shape than me, she prefers to spin (she is a spin instructor) and will only run if her life depended on it.

Looking forward to seeing the early risers around the ship bright and early!
I start work at 7 - usually up by 4:30-5:00. I am what they call a "waddler" or slogger (think penguin) - very slow jog, unfortunately my feet can't take too much more than that. I do enjoy a spin class, so maybe. I am trying to get serious about my health and losing weight - so I am game to try anything

Nap time is about 3:00pm in the adult pool area on those wonderful comfy chairs - already told DD and DH that's where they will find me

Tammy

Old 10-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #2719
Gilland18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
Nap time is about 3:00pm in the adult pool area on those wonderful comfy chairs - already told DD and DH that's where they will find me

Tammy
Maybe we should have Jeff add this as "meet"!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Old 10-04-2012, 08:19 PM   #2720
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Has anyone seen a DCL post about "earliest flight time recommended?" I believe for Port Canaveral it's usually listed as noon. But with Miami being new and all.....
I called DCL a couple of weeks ago and asked them. The official word is they recommend you not book a flight before noon. We decided to stay in Miami on 12/23 and use FF miles to fly out on the 24th (fewer miles needed on the 24th than the 23rd).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilland18 View Post
Maybe we should have Jeff add this as "meet"!
I can do it!

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 10-04-2012, 08:28 PM   #2721
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

I am part of the early riser gang. Generally up around 5, this morning was 4:30. My alarm clock the dog was not put in the back hall and was nose to nose with me, bad breath and all. Wake up, wake up, it's time to wake up. Meanwhile, DH has been sick for a couple of days with a horrible cold, and I have not slept well because of it. Wish the dog just slept an extra half hour.

I will be part of the running group. I am a slower runner, but a lot faster than I was in January. I am now a 35 minute 5K runner. In January, I was a 55 minute 5K walker. I am doing a 10K Oktoberfest run next weekend, and the an 8K run in Remembrance Day Run in November, and a 5K Santa Claus run the weekend before the cruise. Hopefully with all this running, I will be down another 20 lbs. for a total of 70 lbs since January.

As for Iron Man's, I agree, they are insane. I am married to one. But you must admit, watching an Iron Man race is one of the most inspiring, emotional events that you could ever watch. The swim is crazy. People come out with black eyes from someone kicking them. In my husband's last race, he had to walk the marathon because he had injured his leg, and they were concerned about permanent damage. He did the race in 15.5 hours. He would have been under 12 hrs. if he could have run. The sad thing is, that was July 2011, and his ankle is still not right.

Anyway, you will see both DH and myself running deck 4 every sea day morning.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race,
Old 10-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #2722
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Exercise

I used to love to walk for my exercise but about 6 months ago started getting knee pains. Arthritis, darn. Doctor suggested cycling and swimming. I am now the proud own of a pink Schinn cruiser. I am up to 14 miles every morning on my bike. I love it. Also swimming is great on my knees so I will be at the pool every day. I am not sure I am ready for a spin class but I will give it a try. See you there. Sherry
Old 10-04-2012, 08:59 PM   #2723
Cruise
Wake up, your month is up!;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
I called DCL a couple of weeks ago and asked them. The official word is they recommend you not book a flight before noon. We decided to stay in Miami on 12/23 and use FF miles to fly out on the 24th (fewer miles needed on the 24th than the 23rd).
Thanks! For some reason, it seems like most of the flights out of Miami are insanely early. I found an 11:40am that would probably work but it routes all the way north to Chicago (7 hour flight), has a 3 hour layover, then puts me on an hour and a half flight to go back south again to home. I wouldn't get home till almost midnight. That's a little crazy.

I've considered staying over a night in Miami as well, but I just have no idea what I'd do there for a day.

Old 10-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #2724
holula
DIS Veteran

I hate ALL OF YOU that are early risers. I just hate getting out of bed before 9am... I am brain dead before that. However I need sunrise pictures of the Panama Canal so I will force myself to get up early. That is going to be a looooooooong day.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM   #2725
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruise View Post
Thanks! For some reason, it seems like most of the flights out of Miami are insanely early. I found an 11:40am that would probably work but it routes all the way north to Chicago (7 hour flight), has a 3 hour layover, then puts me on an hour and a half flight to go back south again to home. I wouldn't get home till almost midnight. That's a little crazy.

I've considered staying over a night in Miami as well, but I just have no idea what I'd do there for a day.
Considering that is a big hub for American it seems weidr the flights at all so early. Then again it's the holidays so maybe the later ones are booked/overpriced. Thankfully our car will be at the port.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)

Upcoming
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-04-2012, 09:25 PM   #2726
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
However I need sunrise pictures of the Panama Canal so I will force myself to get up early. That is going to be a looooooooong day.
I'm sure all of us early risers can help wake you up, after all, we will have your stateroom number
Old 10-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #2727
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

I'm sure all of us early risers can help wake you up, after all, we will have your stateroom number
See, now I will expect an early morning wake up call!!!!

Upcoming
Old 10-04-2012, 09:40 PM   #2728
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
I will be part of the running group. I am a slower runner, but a lot faster than I was in January. I am now a 35 minute 5K runner.
I am married to one. In my husband's last race, he had to walk the marathon because he had injured his leg, and they were concerned about permanent damage. The sad thing is, that was July 2011, and his ankle is still not right.

Anyway, you will see both DH and myself running deck 4 every sea day morning.
You and I will be perfect pace running buddies and your crazy injured ironman hubby can run with my crazy injured marathon hubby. Though I am hoping he will be better by the cruise. I am such a wonderful, thoughtful and loving wife that I forgot about his surgery last week while I was in Memphis for work! I didn't remember until I asked my he was limping..opps, my bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post
I used to love to walk for my exercise but about 6 months ago started getting knee pains. Arthritis, darn. Doctor suggested cycling and swimming. I am now the proud own of a pink Schinn cruiser. I am up to 14 miles every morning on my bike. I love it. Also swimming is great on my knees so I will be at the pool every day. I am not sure I am ready for a spin class but I will give it a try. See you there. Sherry
My mom has arthritis in her knees and she does spin and when DH was coaching the UD track team (they recently cut the men's track team, a very touching subject), he had all the injured runners spinning. The nice thing about a spinning class is that you can control your workout and put as much or as little resistance on the bike as you want. It's your workout so if you don't want to stand or do jumps while the class is doing them, you don't have to. Give it a shot on the cruise, it is free so you don't lose anything if you don't like it and if you do, you found a new class to enjoy. Plus the three of us will be there to help you out if need be.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:49 PM   #2729
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
See, now I will expect an early morning wake up call!!!!
Oh I wasn't talking about a call! What I had in mind could wake your neighbors as well!

After working at a Girl Scout Camp for 8 years, I am an expert at waking up girls and counslers.

Way up in the sky
The big birdies fly
While down in the nest
The little birds rest
With a wing on the left
And a wing on the right
The little birds sleep
All through the night

SHHH!
They’re SLEEPING!

The bright sun comes up
The dew falls away
Good morning, good morning
The little birds say
Old 10-04-2012, 09:50 PM   #2730
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

I also hate to get up early!! DH is always up early though. I could sleep all day! I won't on the cruise though, too much to do!
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: