Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM   #2656
Gilland18
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdes1 View Post
First, I'm finally getting around to scrapping our 2010 cruise. I recently became a digital scrapper after about 10 years of doing paper. Anyway, where can I find a map of our cruise? Like the one shown on the itinerary part of the DCL website? It was from PC, and a 7 night Western, but skipped a stop and was a double dip. I think we skipped the Keys, or Nassau, can't remember. Anyway, I don't think that same itinerary still exists on any upcoming cruises, so I can't snag a map from the DCL site. DH is handy with graphics programs and can probably make one, even if I just had the blank "ocean and land" map. Any ideas
Milliepie does a lot of Mickey heads with the itinerary in them. You could look thru her photobucket albums.

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Old 10-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #2657
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Panama Canal Certificates Update

This list includes all those who have expressed an interest in ordering a PC Certificate. If there is a number after your name, I have received your order, and this number refelcts the quantity.

Invoices have also been sent out. If you see a number after your name, and you have not received an invoice, please PM me. If there is a typo in your e-mail address, PayPal unfortunately does not notify me that the e-mail did not go through.

If anyone would still like to place an order, the following link will take you to an order form:

Panama Canal Certificates Order Form

Once you submit your form, I will send you a PayPal invoice. The deadline to order is October 9th.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to ask .

Liz
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #2658
holula
DIS Veteran

Confused!!!!

At first I was going to do the Chacchoben ruins tour, however, I have never down a Western Caribbean cruise and just looked at the port times (the Western is next on my list!). We have so much longer in port than the Western that I am wondering whether I should do Kohunlich Or Dzibanche ruins instead. I am confused!!!!!!!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-02-2012, 05:39 PM   #2659
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Western Carribean

Check out the Western Carribean cruise for Disney out of Galveston. The rates are really good right now. I think they are having trouble booking the cruises out of Galveston since it is a new port for them. They have committed to a two year contract with the Port of Galveston with x amount of cruises a year. (can't remember the x number committed to). They are in a market here that is used to cheaper cruises. Sherry
Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM   #2660
Land Park Tudor
- - -

How Full is the Cruise

I recall reading a post a while back that said how full -- or not full -- our cruise is. I think you have to subscribe to something to get at that information so was wondering if anybody has an update. If anyone is a TA, is it possible to learn what sort of vacancies they have left for inside staterooms (seems to me there are a lot of folks on the FE who listed IGT as their category). Thanks
Old 10-02-2012, 06:44 PM   #2661
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

Ocean Friendly Whale Watching Tour in PV

This is the #1 tour on tripadvisor in PV with almost unanimous excellent ratings. I'm leaning pretty strongly to signing up for this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Mr. Spencer, thank you for contacting Ocean Friendly Tours, we are always glad to attend your requests.

We have availability for you and your wife on our Respectful Whale Watching tour scheduled for December 12th 2012. We will schedule a special departure for cruise passengers at 11:30am. with return at 3:00pm

The cost of our Whale Watching tour is $99 USD per adult and it includes: Bilingual Marine Scientist and Naturalist assistant as your guides, illustrated field guides and didactic material, Hydrophones and speaker system (to listen the whales and dolphins vocalizations underwater), West Marine inflatable life vests, dry bags, lunch, soft drinks and bottled purified water.

The minimum recommended age for our Whale Watching tour is 2 years old, and the tour admission for children up to 8 years is $79 US.

You can find more information and galleries of our tours at http://www.oceanfriendly.com/Whale_W...ing_tours.html

To make a reservation please let us know if the day itinerary are OK for you to join the tour, the number of adults and children in your party and your contact information such as the name of your cruise and a phone number where to reach you in case there are changes in the tour's itinerary.

To confirm your reservation please purchase your tickets online through our site. Your receipt will be your ticket.

In the case you prefer a Private Whale Watching Tour please let me know to give you a quotation.

Advanced reservations required, we have limited space available.

Thank you for your preference, receive my warmest regards and I look forward to share my passion for the whales and knowledge of the ocean with you and your wife in a near future.

Sincerely yours,

Oscar Frey
CEO
Ocean Friendly Tours

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 10-02-2012, 07:23 PM   #2662
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
I recall reading a post a while back that said how full -- or not full -- our cruise is. I think you have to subscribe to something to get at that information so was wondering if anybody has an update. If anyone is a TA, is it possible to learn what sort of vacancies they have left for inside staterooms (seems to me there are a lot of folks on the FE who listed IGT as their category). Thanks
We currently have 54% availability. A few weeks ago, we had 58%. In those few weeks, Cat 5C has fallen off the availability list. The Categories that are sold out are R, S, 5C, 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A & 11C.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:39 PM   #2663
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know what time the port opens - we want to try to upgrade and would like to be there at opening - we are relying on a shuttle to get us there and I'm not sure what time to schedule our pick up.

Tammy

Old 10-02-2012, 08:24 PM   #2664
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
At first I was going to do the Chacchoben ruins tour, however, I have never down a Western Caribbean cruise and just looked at the port times (the Western is next on my list!). We have so much longer in port than the Western that I am wondering whether I should do Kohunlich Or Dzibanche ruins instead. I am confused!!!!!!!
We are doing Kohunlich. I think they are very similar but we are hoping they might be less crowded.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 PM   #2665
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
Since we've visited Chacchoben a few times, we decided to go to Dzibanche. If you read the write ups on the Native Choice's site on the different options, there are a few minor differences between the sites based on their 'purpose'. That might help you decide which you'd like to explore first.
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013

Old 10-03-2012, 04:47 AM   #2666
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Another rainy morning here, but I'm happy! The neighborhood association had their meeting last night (which I HATE to attend) and it went well. I said my piece and escaped early to stamp club.

The SCRAPBOOK GROUP is now full, closed and creating.

I wonder if 54% availability means 54% of cabins are empty, or 54% of the max number of people who *could* go? My cabin is only 1/3 full, but those other two spaces aren't really available.

Please think healthy thoughts for JSails. She had a little mishap.

Happy Wednesday, all!
Old 10-03-2012, 08:51 AM   #2667
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCinderella View Post
We currently have 54% availability. A few weeks ago, we had 58%. In those few weeks, Cat 5C has fallen off the availability list. The Categories that are sold out are R, S, 5C, 10A, 10B, 10C, 11A & 11C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post

I wonder if 54% availability means 54% of cabins are empty, or 54% of the max number of people who *could* go? My cabin is only 1/3 full, but those other two spaces aren't really available.
Thanks DV. I'm no expert, but whatever the interpretation isn't that number pretty low for any Disney cruise when they're just a couple of months out? Low numbers would be fine with me. That said, if 54% is on the lower end, I wonder why DCL hasn't pushed this cruise harder on their specials page. Hmmm...
Old 10-03-2012, 08:53 AM   #2668
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Hotel Booked for Disneyland

I finally nagged my sister enough that she caved in and gave me her information so that I could book the hotel while we are in Disneyland. We will be staying at the Sheraton near Disneyland. Has anyone stayed here before?

I also got permission to use her CC to book their return tickets home.

According to my "source" who called last night to rub some things in ( I will spare you the painful details I had to hear), there are plenty of verandah rooms available. I believe there will be lots of available upgrades at the port. Unless we get connecting inside rooms, I think we might actually get to the port early to try for an upgrade. It seems like a good use of my OT money and why not since we will have the room for 14 nights! Though DH really likes his dark inside cabin. Based on the info I got, I believe that the % is based on available cabins, not people. My "source" is still bitter we are going on a cruise without them, our first time cruising DCL without them! Not my fault you can't give birth on a Disney Ship!

Who else is looking to upgrade at the port?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #2669
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner
I finally nagged my sister enough that she caved in and gave me her information so that I could book the hotel while we are in Disneyland. We will be staying at the Sheraton near Disneyland. Has anyone stayed here before?

I also got permission to use her CC to book their return tickets home.

According to my "source" who called last night to rub some things in ( I will spare you the painful details I had to hear), there are plenty of verandah rooms available. I believe there will be lots of available upgrades at the port. Unless we get connecting inside rooms, I think we might actually get to the port early to try for an upgrade. It seems like a good use of my OT money and why not since we will have the room for 14 nights! Though DH really likes his dark inside cabin. Based on the info I got, I believe that the % is based on available cabins, not people. My "source" is still bitter we are going on a cruise without them, our first time cruising DCL without them! Not my fault you can't give birth on a Disney Ship!

Is the Sheraton the one that looks like an old Tudor manor? If so, yes. In 2005. It has a neat koi ornamental pond in the lobby and I enjoyed my stay. You can walk to DLR from there, it's at the back of DLR so you walk through Downtown Disney.

Count me in on the port upgrade! Currently we have no room assigned but booked an 11C, I would love a verandah with so many sea days (I think I'd love it, I've never had a verandah before!)
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-03-2012, 09:39 AM   #2670
BethC1952
DIS Veteran
Has been VERY patient and VERY helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

We're very happy with the cabin we booked (a sideways Cat 11 on deck 6), but if there's a veranda available for a reasonable price at the port, we might consider it, or even a porthole. On my 9/12 Canada cruise, friends upgraded at the port from an IGT to the Roy O. Disney suite. I can only dream about such an upgrade LOL!!!

Beth

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: