Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #2641
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Excellent Book

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
I just picked up David McCullough's "The Path Between the Seas." I didn't realize it's 698 pages. Please tell me it's a quick and painless read.
I'm still reading it and loving all the complex details in the history, however I can't say it's a quick read! I hope to finish it before we go!!
Old 10-01-2012, 01:52 PM   #2642
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
I just picked up David McCullough's "The Path Between the Seas." I didn't realize it's 698 pages. Please tell me it's a quick and painless read.
Now I know why the percentage read takes forever to change on my Kindle -- I never knew it was that long....wow, I'm going to have to kick it up a notch if I ever intend to finish.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM   #2643
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesroi View Post
We would maybe be interested in the whale watching, but our son is 4 so not sure they let that young of children on the tour.

Tracy
The website says kids of all ages welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCinderella View Post
I just heard from Julie via PM yesterday regarding the PC certificates.
Speaking of the PC certificates, have you sent out the Paypal invoices yet? I can't recall when we're supposed to pay so I'm just waiting until I get an invoice (and I haven't received one yet).

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Old 10-01-2012, 02:28 PM   #2644
RoxyHive
My first cruise ever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Now I know why the percentage read takes forever to change on my Kindle -- I never knew it was that long....wow, I'm going to have to kick it up a notch if I ever intend to finish.
I was experiencing the same, wondering why the percentage was not moving along like usual. If I finish, no make that WHEN I finish , this may be the longest book I've ever read in my whole life!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #2645
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Speaking of the PC certificates, have you sent out the Paypal invoices yet? I can't recall when we're supposed to pay so I'm just waiting until I get an invoice (and I haven't received one yet).
Yes, PayPal invoices have been going out. Sending you a PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:49 PM   #2646
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Creating my packing list now. I'm hopeful to pack light. Does anyone know how much it costs to use the washers and dryers? Do I need to bring a roll of quarters?
You do not need quarters - it's $2.00 but you swipe your KTTW card. I take the purex laundry sheets rather than use theirs.

Quote:
You have GOT to be kidding! There is nothing painless about that one! For those of you who would like the 'condensed' version, Anne Vipond's cruising the Panama Canal has a much shorter version that hits the highpoints.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I bought the book for my kindle awhile ago and I am 40% finished. I am enjoying reading it and learning about the canal but it is a very long history book! There are a few pages of pictures. I am still hoping to complete it before the cruise!

I worked 82.5 billable hours last week so that didn't leave much time for reading or running
Did you at least SLEEP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Does anyone know how to change your sig? I can't remember and looks like my glitter name stopped working, so was going to take it out.
Upper left - UserCP - edit sig.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #2647
Land Park Tudor
- - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
I worked 82.5 billable hours last week so that didn't leave much time for reading or running
Perhaps you'll have a good cushion of billables by the end of the year. My firm goes from December 1 through November 30 -- so I'll not be getting off to a good start in December. But I'll make it up in the other 11 months I'm sure....
Old 10-01-2012, 05:33 PM   #2648
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Perhaps you'll have a good cushion of billables by the end of the year. My firm goes from December 1 through November 30 -- so I'll not be getting off to a good start in December. But I'll make it up in the other 11 months I'm sure....
I'm not sure what my company's year is. I try to start away from the business end of it and just stick to the engineering and science. I really don't care how much money we are making on a project, I care much more about solving the issues. I do not have a career path as a project manager! It would be hard to see such a low billable ratio at the start of the year though! This vacation shouldn't affect me to much, I normally work about 60 hours a week and am usually 100% billable. In five years of working, I have always gotten enough OT hours to get the OT bonus.

The real questions is, how should I spend my 42.5 hours of over time money? I just bought three new dresses from white house black market ( and shipped them to the office so the DH won't know I bought more dresses! He already thinks I have to many!) I might save it for the cruise and enjoy not worrying about the cost of each drink or get the photo CD. Or maybe spend the money on 2 nights at the Grand Californian? or something at the spa on board? I have never been to a spa before? or I could just spoil the neice and nephew some more!
Old 10-01-2012, 06:52 PM   #2649
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=pharmjenn;46316951]The Disney website shows the Canopy Adventure as sold out still for me. Is that the one that shows availability for you? We are the ones that want to do it, but if it doesn't happen it won't ruin my trip.

Yes, it was the Canopy Adventure in PV, as that is the one that we are doing also. I just checked again and the only tour in PV that shows sold out is the Bandaeras Bay Snorkling.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #2650
holula
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=4everluvDisney;46321741]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmjenn View Post
The Disney website shows the Canopy Adventure as sold out still for me. Is that the one that shows availability for you? We are the ones that want to do it, but if it doesn't happen it won't ruin my trip.

Yes, it was the Canopy Adventure in PV, as that is the one that we are doing also. I just checked again and the only tour in PV that shows sold out is the Bandaeras Bay Snorkling.
I think because you are doing the canopy tour it will show as available for you. We're not doing it and it's grey-Ed out for me.

Whale watching people: I am going to check with the company tonight that it's okay to do on the 12th and let you know!
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!), 2014 Southern Caribbean
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 10-01-2012, 08:03 PM   #2651
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

PV Private Tours

I've finally gotten around to adding some links to the website for private tours in Puerto Vallarta - again based on ratings on tripadvisor.

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 10-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #2652
goiu
Mouseketeer

We did Cabo on the MR in February. There are tons of boats around to take you to the beach. They are really cheap too. We just looked for the cheapest one and took the kids. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:37 AM   #2653
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

FE Exchange - UPDATE

We are up to 68 cabins

Deadline to sign up is October 9th - last week to join the fun! If interested please sign up now - with a group this size it will be very hard to accomodate late comers.

To those signed up - you should have received an email from me last week with a link to an online form. This form will let you chose how many cabins you want to gift to (20-25, 40-50 or to everyone). The sooner you can complete the form (deadline 10/15 before if possible), the sooner I can assign groups and distribute the lists and you can finalize your plans

Here is the link to the form if you need it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Nnc5Q1VKdnc6MQ

Have a "WONDER"ful day!

tammy

Old 10-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #2654
Gdes1
Mouseketeer

Could use some help not related to this cruise...

Hi Everyone! Wow, it feels like this cruise is right around the corner. Our family will be so busy between now and the end of the year (which basically means me, the mom, will be busy packing and organizing and getting Christmas together, etc.)

I am also reading "that really long book about the Canal". I ordered it used from Amazon when we were about 150 days out and "budgeted" 5 pages per night in order to finish in time. I still feel like I have a long way to go. The French have not even failed yet.

Anyway, I need a couple of non-cruise-related things and thought someone here might have the answers:

First, I'm finally getting around to scrapping our 2010 cruise. I recently became a digital scrapper after about 10 years of doing paper. Anyway, where can I find a map of our cruise? Like the one shown on the itinerary part of the DCL website? It was from PC, and a 7 night Western, but skipped a stop and was a double dip. I think we skipped the Keys, or Nassau, can't remember. Anyway, I don't think that same itinerary still exists on any upcoming cruises, so I can't snag a map from the DCL site. DH is handy with graphics programs and can probably make one, even if I just had the blank "ocean and land" map. Any ideas?

Also, note to DCL: Create some stuff for digital scrapers and you will easily get more of my money!

Second, this is a long way out, but we want to take DS to DLR for his 5th birthday, which is April 27 of 2014 (so not next Spring but the one after that). I checked and Easter Sunday is April 20th that year. From what I can tell CA schools take Spring Break either the week before or the week after Easter. Can any SoCal residents with kids in public school give me advice on when we should visit? If we flew in on the 26th and made the 27th our first day in the park, would it be majorly crowded? While it would be fun to be there on his actual birthday, we are NOT crowd people and I don't mind
waiting, even a whole week, and going later.

Thanks!
Old 10-02-2012, 01:32 PM   #2655
hedgerow
Adventure Keeps Calling My Name!

Happy Dancing! Hubby and I leave bright and early tomorrow morning for WDW! Hubby's bday is Thurs and We will be gone until Sunday. Sooo that means our 9yo will be spending 2 nights at my mom's, 2 nights at hubby's mom's and 1 night at her married brother's house(we are lving tonight and doing a park & fly near the airport). That means not only did I pack for hubby and I, but 3 suitcases for her to be dropped off at each place but also packed lunches for her. But its all good because I'M GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!

Been there done that? Maybebut I wanna do it again!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: