Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:36 AM   #2626
4everluvDisney
DIS Veteran

Puerto Vallarta

FYI
Someone awhile back said that they wanted to do the zip line tour and that it was sold out. We have booked that tour and was just on the website and it is showing as still available.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 AM   #2627
JessicasMom
Working to Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse66 View Post
It is Chacchoben with Native Choice, for us.

We put a deposit down with Native Choice. Our children wanted to bring supplies and letters to the children in Chacchoben. Senor Socorro Estrada at Native choice was not sure if school would be in session, but we would still be able to visit the children in their homes.

I believe someone was trying to organize a trip with Native Choice. If you still organizing, we would go along.

In my basic explanation of the end of the Mayan Calendar, I used a Winnie the Pooh story. Pooh is afraid when he goes to flip the calendar from December to the next month. There is no more months! Rabbit sets him strait. Our kids DD(8) and DS(10) are convinced that the Mayans just need a new calendar. Someone will just give it them.

I know something exiting will happen 12-21-2012..... We will be on the Disney Wonder at a Mayan city. How cool is that.
We're going with Native Choice, too...the ruins and village lunch tour. Love your explanation for the "end of time"
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #2628
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Thanks all for the great info on excursions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
While researching Puerto Vallarta I came across this: http://www.puertovallartatours.net/p...e-watching.htm

It's a private boat tour to go whale watching. The whole boat is up to 10 people and $350 for the boat. Most whale watching tours only take place from Dec 15/16 and this company is one of the few who will take an earlier booking. As it runs on our schedule it could be perfect if anyone else is interested? $350 between 2 is too expensive for us but for 6 or so would be okay.
My family (me, DH & DD10) would love to do this as well. All we need is three more and we'll have a full boat!. Do you mind organizing it?

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Old 10-01-2012, 08:45 AM   #2629
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

Creating my packing list now. I'm hopeful to pack light. Does anyone know how much it costs to use the washers and dryers? Do I need to bring a roll of quarters?
Old 10-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #2630
Dodger Dog
Earning My Ears

I just picked up David McCullough's "The Path Between the Seas." I didn't realize it's 698 pages. Please tell me it's a quick and painless read.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:59 AM   #2631
Gdes1
Mouseketeer

Is Julie / Skoi still part of the group?

I haven't seen a post from Julie recently. Does anyone know if she dropped the cruise? I know her son was having some health problems and we were all worried about him over the summer.

We were planning on the ruins tour that she was organizing, if it's still happening. Otherwise, we need to make our own arrangements. Was anyone else going on the tour with Julie? I haven't seen a note asking for a deposit or anything.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:09 AM   #2632
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdes1 View Post
I haven't seen a post from Julie recently. Does anyone know if she dropped the cruise? I know her son was having some health problems and we were all worried about him over the summer.

We were planning on the ruins tour that she was organizing, if it's still happening. Otherwise, we need to make our own arrangements. Was anyone else going on the tour with Julie? I haven't seen a note asking for a deposit or anything.
We have signed up for the tour that Julie was putting together. I haven't heard a thing, I hope and pray all is ok with them

Old 10-01-2012, 09:18 AM   #2633
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog
I just picked up David McCullough's "The Path Between the Seas." I didn't realize it's 698 pages. Please tell me it's a quick and painless read.
I bought the book for my kindle awhile ago and I am 40% finished. I am enjoying reading it and learning about the canal but it is a very long history book! There are a few pages of pictures. I am still hoping to complete it before the cruise!

I worked 82.5 billable hours last week so that didn't leave much time for reading or running
Old 10-01-2012, 10:44 AM   #2634
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everluvDisney View Post
FYI
Someone awhile back said that they wanted to do the zip line tour and that it was sold out. We have booked that tour and was just on the website and it is showing as still available.
The Disney website shows the Canopy Adventure as sold out still for me. Is that the one that shows availability for you? We are the ones that want to do it, but if it doesn't happen it won't ruin my trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
Creating my packing list now. I'm hopeful to pack light. Does anyone know how much it costs to use the washers and dryers? Do I need to bring a roll of quarters?
I know the cost info is out there, and it was reasonable for pay W/D, but I don't remember the cost. And you don't need quarters, it is billed through your KTTW card.

Quote:

Julie was signed on in early September and responded to other posts, but hasn't been here for awhile. She is also organizing some other things for group members. I do hope her son is doing well. Has anyone sent her a PM? If not, I will do so later today. Her initial note said the payment would be due 2 months prior to tour date, so closer to mid-October, but she may appreciate someone taking over if she doesn't have time right now.

Last edited by pharmjenn; 10-01-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:07 AM   #2635
DVCinderella
I'll send you a postcard from Paradise Falls!

Quote:

I just heard from Julie via PM yesterday regarding the PC certificates. She said they just got back from vacation, which hopefully is a good sign that things are ok health-wise with her family. She may just need some time to catch up.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:18 AM   #2636
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodger Dog View Post
The cost is $2 per load for both the washers and dryers. All you have to do is swipe your KTTW card. I belive they each ran for 45 minutes. You can also swipe your card to purchase laundry soap, dryer sheets, etc. from a vending machine.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:53 AM   #2637
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVCinderella View Post
I just heard from Julie via PM yesterday regarding the PC certificates. She said they just got back from vacation, which hopefully is a good sign that things are ok health-wise with her family. She may just need some time to catch up.

She also posted on the FB group not too long ago.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #2638
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Does anyone know how to change your sig? I can't remember and looks like my glitter name stopped working, so was going to take it out.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 10-01-2012, 12:00 PM   #2639
lesroi
Glad to see it is up and running
That sure is a kick in the pants!
MY DAD makes the best yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Thanks all for the great info on excursions!

My family (me, DH & DD10) would love to do this as well. All we need is three more and we'll have a full boat!. Do you mind organizing it?

We would maybe be interested in the whale watching, but our son is 4 so not sure they let that young of children on the tour.

Tracy
Old 10-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #2640
Chinook
Sail Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissyt27 View Post
Does anyone know how to change your sig? I can't remember and looks like my glitter name stopped working, so was going to take it out.
On the top left, click the User CP link. On the left hand side under Settings & Options there's a edit signature link.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: