Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 AM   #2611
MaryLou1962
LoveMyBoys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Spencer View Post
OK, now that we finally have all of our LA and Miami details booked, I'm starting to get serious about the port excursions. Cartagena is taken care of, I'm pretty sure Costa Maya is just a beach break so that leaves Cabo and Puerto Vallarta - both of which we've been to before. I've sent emails to the best tour operators to get recommendations on what can be done in the short time we are there. I'll post what I find out here for those that have yet to book anything.
We are looking at Maya Chan while in Costa Maya. They offer a nice price break to Disney cruisers.

Still not committed to anything else yet. I'm looking forward to hearing your suggestions.
Old 09-30-2012, 12:12 PM   #2612
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
I am very into photography! My most prized possession is my Canon 60D... I don't go anywhere without it! Heavy but so worth it. I also love meeting people who are interested in photography, maybe we could organize a ship photography tour for anyone interested? My BF and I had a photo competition with each other while we were in Alaska earlier this year. It was fun.
DH would love that! Would you mind setting something up? And here he thought he might be bored on sea days....On the Fantasy in April, he woke up at 3am just to walk around and get pictures while the ship was empty. I am sure you and your BF would kill him in any photo competition. Can't wait to see what wonderful pictures you guys take.

DH has a Nikon, I bought it but have no idea what model it is! It was the model that matched my christmas bonus. I know he went out and bought another lens or two.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-30-2012, 12:35 PM   #2613
holula
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
DH would love that! Would you mind setting something up? And here he thought he might be bored on sea days....On the Fantasy in April, he woke up at 3am just to walk around and get pictures while the ship was empty. I am sure you and your BF would kill him in any photo competition. Can't wait to see what wonderful pictures you guys take.

DH has a Nikon, I bought it but have no idea what model it is! It was the model that matched my christmas bonus. I know he went out and bought another lens or two.
Sure! Maybe towards the end of the cruise, that gives me time to search out the best photo spots. :lol: I can't wait to see how the Xmas decortations make the ship look different!

On an entirely different note, I want to do a boat tour in Cabo that goes out of Land's End, the arch etc... The one Disney offers is now sold out, plus I didn't really want to spend time on the beach. Anyone been to Cabo that can recommend anything?
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 09-30-2012, 02:19 PM   #2614
socababy
DIS Veteran

I finally caught up! You guys were chatty this last week!

I was forced off the Wonder this morning but just kept reminding myself that I will be back on in 10 weeks! Can't wait! That also means I have 10 weeks to watch what I eat so that I can eat and drink whatever I want while on the cruise.

I need to focus on my FE now. This list keeps growing and yet I haven't even started yet. Maybe I'll allow myself one day of relaxing on the couch, then I'll get started!
MAGIC Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 09-30-2012, 02:42 PM   #2615
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

We did the ruins while on the Fantasy in April through Disney and it was not with Native Choice.
I don't know where I got that info, but you are right, I don't see anything with the tour company name on the Disney website.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:54 PM   #2616
Jeff Spencer
Space & Disney Nut

OK, I queried 3 of the highest rated tour providers on tripadvisor and here is what I received:

Cabo Outfitters:
We would love to take you and your wife on a trip during the Disney Wonder's stop in Cabo. We have a couple of trips that will fit in the ship's itinerary. All of them include round trip transportation from the main dock, where the tenders drop you off, bilingual experienced guide(s), any necessary gear, waters, sodas, granola bars & chips. Juices or fresh fruit available upon request.

The Arch & Lover's Beach Kayak & Snorkel
11:45 am meeting time; returning approx. 3pm
Minimum recommended age: 8 years; We allow younger if they've had previous water experience.
Description: Kayak along the huge granite rock formations that make up Land's End. See the Arch & the sea lion colony. Visit the Pacific. Land and explore Lover's Beach & Divorce Beach. Snorkel with beautiful schools of fish around Pelican Rock.
$70 usd per person; less 10% for cash

The 3 Bay - Kayaking & Snorkeling
11:30 am meeting time; returning approx. 3:30pm
Minimum recommended age: 8 years; We allow younger if they've had previous water experience.
Description: A kayak split into 2 stretches by picturesque bays. Start kayaking at secluded Viudas beach about a mile into Santa Maria. Land and snorkel along the rocky reef-like outcroppings. Another 2 mile kayak to Chileno, with Turtle Bay and the Poor Man's Arch in between. Another snorkeling opportunity awaits at the white sand beach of Chileno.
$70 usd per person; less 10% for cash

We also offer versions of The 3 Bay for younger children. The most popular is our Beach Day

Beach Day at Santa Maria
11:30am meeting time; returning approx. 3:30pm
No minimum age
Description: Great for varied group abilities and younger children. Beach camp is set up for you on Santa Maria, including chairs, umbrella, blanket, cooler, beverages & snacks. The following activities/gear are included for your fun in the sun: sand toys, snorkeling gear, SUP, boogie board, kayak & gear; including a guide to take you on a short trip out of the bay to the Blow Hole, help adjust your snorkeling gear or show you a puffer fish.
$60 usd per adult; less 10% for cash
$45 usd per child under 12 years; less 10% for cash

We have a maximum of 25 people per trip for safety reasons.

I think I've hit all of your questions/requests. Please let me know if others arise or if you want to make a reservation! Hopefully we'll see you in December! When you see Mickey tell him I say "hello", it's been way too long! ;-) Disney does it best!

Saludos,
Stacey

From High Tide Los Cabos:

Hi jeff,

Thanks for contact us!! I do belive my self that trip advisor is an excelent tool, i do use it also when i travel...

I can offer you a few options considering the short time that you have

1. kayak and snorkel to the arch
2. kayak and snorkel 2 bays
3. snorkel 2 bays
4. paddle board

the rest of the tours are longer tours so you would not have enough time!

Because of the time that you arrive, we would have to pick you up at 11:30
- 11:45 at the dock, that is not a regular time so it would have to be a private tour, the cost of a private tour is 95.00 usd per person for the kayak, snorkel or 115.00 uds per person for the paddle!!

If there are 8px or more we would give you the regular price of 70.00 usd or 85.00 for the paddle.

For all the tours that i suggested we can have up to 30px max (we try to keep small groups) and the age is from 5 years old ....

you can check all the descriptions and pictures at www.hightideloscabos.com

Please let me know if you have any questions or something different on mind and we can always work out something,

Have a great day,

Sabina

And from Whale Watch Cabo:

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for contacting us for a whale watching tour. The official whale watching season doesn't start until December 15th, but whales don't get the memo and we never know exactly when they will arrive in Cabo's waters. Last year we saw some whales as early as late October. By the end of November we normally see whales on a regular base and by the time you are here we can almost guarantee we will see them. I say 'almost' as we can never predict nature. Prior to the whale watching season we cannot book specific 'whale watching' tours.

My suggestion for you is to take a private snorkel tour (3 hrs). From August until December the sea water temperatures are in the 80's F and the visibility is good, making it an excellent time of the year for snorkeling.
During a private snorkel tour one of our naturalist guides will join you to tell you about Cabo's marine life and provide in water assistance during your snorkel time and point out different marine creatures and fish species. The guide will take photos during the entire tour both on the boat and in the water and you will receive a photo archive after the tour.

Departing the Cabo marina you will pass all Cabo's points of interest including Pelican Rock, Lands End, Lover Beach, the Sea Lion colony and of course The Arch. The there will be time to snorkel at the first spot, usually in the marine park, and afterwards we will head down the coastline towards Chileno Bay for the second snorkel spot. We will go out a bit from the shore to try and find whales, dolphins, sea turtles or other marine life.

If during this time we encounter whales or dolphins and you prefer to spend more time with these instead of snorkeling a second spot, this will then be possible as it will be a private tour.

A private snorkel trip costs $295 USD for 2 people and includes all snorkel gear, bottled water and juice, and a photo archive.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Warm regards, Janneke

Wonder 15 Night WBPC Cruise May 2014 Web Site

May 2014 - Disney Wonder, 15 Night WBPC
Oct 2013 - Disney Dream, 4 Night Bahamas
Dec 2012 - Disney Wonder, 14 Night EBPC
May 2010 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
June 2008 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Mexican Riviera
June 2007 - Disney Magic, 11 Night Med
May 2001 - Disney Magic, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean
Old 09-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #2617
DindelsPA
Pour the clown juice in my dirty banana
Has disturbing images of groundhogs

Costa Maya Ruins

Did some research on the ruins at Costa Maya. We've visited Chacchoben quite a few times (highly recommend if you haven't) and were looking for something a bit different. So, we've booked a trip to Dzibanche Ruins through The Native Choice.
Dzibanche Mayan Ruins Tour Details:

Join us in an adventure to the heart of the most spectacular Mayan city in Costa Maya and admire one of the greatest examples of Maya architecture and urban organization. Dzibanche is by far the most impressive site accessible from Costa Maya and the only one where visitors are still allowed to climb to the top of the amazing temples.

Learn about daily life, political, and military organization of the Maya as you explore this ancient ceremonial center surrounded by the mystic of its religious buildings. Excavations in the most spectacular temples in Dzibanche, revealed tombs with rich jade offerings for members of the elite and ruling families.

A set of inscriptions recently discovered in Dzibanche, suggest the city could have been home of one of the most powerful dynasties in the Maya territory.

Complete your experience climbing at Kinichna, with its acropolis featuring an amazing architecture and remains of stucco masks, now considered to be part of the great center of Dzibanche.

Price per person: Adults US$65.00, Children US$60.00.

Inclusions: Round transportation in air conditioned vehicles, travel insurance, English speaking guide, entrance fees, guided tour at the ruins and bottled water.

Duration: 6 hours.

Departure times: This excursion departs from The Native Choice Hospitality Desk (just 150 yards from the port) one hour after your cruise ship docks.

Deposit: A deposit of US$15.00 per person is required at the moment of booking to guarantee spaces for this excursion. Balance payment will be required ONLY in cash at check-in. You can also pay the total of your reservation at the moment of booking if you don't want to carry cash with you.

Your deposit is refundable if for any reason your cruise ship doesn't call port in Costa Maya.

Restrictions: Child rate applies for children under 12 years of age. There is no charge for children 5 years old or under.
There is a fee of US$5.00 (NOT included in the tour price) for the use of video cameras at the ruins, this fee is paid directly at the entrance of the site.

A MINIMUM OF 4 PARTICIPANTS IS REQUIRED TO OPERATE THIS TOUR
We usually make groups with other guests from your cruise ship interested in the same tour. If you book this tour with us and we don't get the minimum of participants required, we will inform you at least one week in advance and will offer you our best possible alternative.

Recommendations: Wear comfortable walking shoes, a hat and sun block lotion would also be a good idea. Consider bringing extra film (or an extra memory card) and batteries for your camera.

Important Notice: Your confirmation will include detailed directions on how to find us after you disembark.

They also have a third option as well for another called Kohunlich Ruins.
Western Double Dip, November 12-19, 2011 Canada, September 7-12, 2012
Disney Dream: Bahamas, August 11-15, 2013 Bahamas, November 10-14, 2013

Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #2618
Land Park Tudor
- - -

We just got back from the movies--Hotel Transylvania with the kids -- and saw a cardboard promo for Finding Nemo being released in 3D for the first time on 12/19. Doesn't that mean we should get to see it for free on our cruise?
Old 09-30-2012, 07:46 PM   #2619
Gilland18
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
We just got back from the movies--Hotel Transylvania with the kids -- and saw a cardboard promo for Finding Nemo being released in 3D for the first time on 12/19. Doesn't that mean we should get to see it for free on our cruise?
I'm guessing Yes!

Kim

WDW 1984, Polynesian/Wonder 2003, Pop Century 2006,
Wonder Alaska 2011, Wonder EBPC 2012
Old 09-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #2620
socababy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Land Park Tudor View Post
Are they releasing it in 3D for purchase? It was playing in 3D on the Wonder last week. If I recall correctly, it was only offered in 3D that one day so it may not be playing in 3D for this cruise. I'll recheck my navigators to be certain though.
MAGIC Aug 2015 Dover to Barcelona, Aug 2015 Med
Old 09-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #2621
pharmjenn
Mouseketeer

Finding Nemo 3D

That must be the dvd release date, because it is/was in the theatres now. I have a coupon to see it free in the theatre that expires 10/21. Got it from another dvd purchase.
I am assuming Wreck it Ralph will be playing since that opens close to our sail date. DS has been asking about that one since the summer.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #2622
mouse66
Earning My Ears

Costa Maya Ruins Chacchoben

It is Chacchoben with Native Choice, for us.

We put a deposit down with Native Choice. Our children wanted to bring supplies and letters to the children in Chacchoben. Senor Socorro Estrada at Native choice was not sure if school would be in session, but we would still be able to visit the children in their homes.

I believe someone was trying to organize a trip with Native Choice. If you still organizing, we would go along.

In my basic explanation of the end of the Mayan Calendar, I used a Winnie the Pooh story. Pooh is afraid when he goes to flip the calendar from December to the next month. There is no more months! Rabbit sets him strait. Our kids DD(8) and DS(10) are convinced that the Mayans just need a new calendar. Someone will just give it them.

I know something exiting will happen 12-21-2012..... We will be on the Disney Wonder at a Mayan city. How cool is that.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #2623
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmaker1 View Post
I was thinking the same thing--we have no cabin assignment yet but more than happy to have hundreds of people traipse through a cat 12.

We are IGT as well, but we can add our room to the crawl.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Old 09-30-2012, 10:11 PM   #2624
holula
DIS Veteran

While researching Puerto Vallarta I came across this: http://www.puertovallartatours.net/p...e-watching.htm

It's a private boat tour to go whale watching. The whole boat is up to 10 people and $350 for the boat. Most whale watching tours only take place from Dec 15/16 and this company is one of the few who will take an earlier booking. As it runs on our schedule it could be perfect if anyone else is interested? $350 between 2 is too expensive for us but for 6 or so would be okay.
Eurodisney/Disneyland Paris: 1997, 2004, 2005, 2008, 2011; Disneyland Resort: 2000, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008 (x2), 2011, 2012; Walt Disney World: 2011, 2012 (x2), 2013 (x4), 2014; Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
Disney Wonder: 2012 Alaska, 2013 Bahamas; Disney Dream: 2012 Bahamas (x2); Disney Fantasy: 2013 Eastern, 2014 Western; Disney Magic: 2014 Bahamas (Wedding!)
Hilton Head Island Resort: 2013

Upcoming
Walt Disney World: 2014
Disney Magic: 2014 Southern, 2015 EB Transatlantic Disney Wonder: 2014 Xmas Western
Old 09-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #2625
chrissyt27
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by holula View Post
While researching Puerto Vallarta I came across this: http://www.puertovallartatours.net/p...e-watching.htm

It's a private boat tour to go whale watching. The whole boat is up to 10 people and $350 for the boat. Most whale watching tours only take place from Dec 15/16 and this company is one of the few who will take an earlier booking. As it runs on our schedule it could be perfect if anyone else is interested? $350 between 2 is too expensive for us but for 6 or so would be okay.

we would be if we got a group of 10.
December 2007 Disneyland Trip with DH, December 2008 WDW trip with DH and Aunt!!
February 2009 2nd anniversary “Magic” Cruise
November 2009 Birthday at WDW, December 2010 Disney "Magic" Cruise, December 2012 "Wonder" 14 Night Panama Cruise
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: