Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 11:31 AM   #2011
abbyar
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BethC1952 View Post
I never heard anyone say passports were cute before LOL!!!

Beth

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Well, they're 3 and 5, so cute ages. I love this age - they are so much fun. They are going to LOVE this trip! I just hope there are still excursions available for us newbies who have to wait to book until SEPTEMBER!!

I was also trying to figure out how to take them down to WDW in October to take advantage of the discounted room rates - I really want to stay at the Yacht Club with them. There's no way I'll be able to get out of work for a week though (sigh). Plus, dh wants to spend the money on hardwood for the house. So boring!!! We are considering going down for Labor Day though. I wonder how awful it will be, between the heat and the crowds.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:05 PM   #2012
skayrobe
Mouseketeer

Mickey

My favorite character has to be Mickey. Always has been, always will be.

My something new is a new formal dress. My husband and I are renewing our vows next weekend with family and a few friends so I got a new dress. Our 40th anniversary is actually Dec 9' our sail date. Next weekend is 40 years that he proposed to me. It was a very short engagement due to the fact that he was leaving for Naval Flight School in Pensacola. My dress is very different for me and kinda but it will be fun for one of the formal nights. Sherry
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #2013
Travelbee
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaBabe View Post
GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Scrapbook ladies check your email boxes! I sent out a group email yesterday - and then a correction right after.
Linda - I didn't get any email from your re: scrapbooking. I checked my SPAM too and nothing showed up there either. Can you resend?

April 19, 2014: 7-Day Eastern Caribbean Disney Fantasy
June 15, 2013: 12-Day Mediterranean with Greece & Turkey Disney Magic
December 9, 2012: 14-Day Panama Canal Disney Wonder
July 2, 2012: 7-Day Alaska Disney Wonder
April 17, 2011: 10-Day Mexican Riviera Disney Wonder
May 15, 2010: 11-Day Mediterranean Disney Magic
November 14, 2009: Double Dip Delight (7-day Western Disney Magic)
April 26, 2008: 7-Day Eastern Disney Magic
May 17, 2007: 3-Day Bahama Disney Wonder
Old 08-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #2014
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Something old - my DH (tee hee)
Something new - most my clothes. I have lost almost 50 lbs this year and plan to lose another 20 before the cruise. The clothes I bought at the beginning of the summer, are starting to get big. After another 20 lbs. they may be falling off. Not sure where I will find clothes in November in Canada for the warmer weather.
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #2015
dthogue
BL II - Blue Team
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelbee View Post
Linda - I didn't get any email from your re: scrapbooking. I checked my SPAM too and nothing showed up there either. Can you resend?
I didn't get anything either

Tammy

Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM   #2016
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Quote:
I didn't get it either...
Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #2017
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyar View Post
Well, they're 3 and 5, so cute ages. I love this age - they are so much fun. They are going to LOVE this trip! I just hope there are still excursions available for us newbies who have to wait to book until SEPTEMBER!!

I was also trying to figure out how to take them down to WDW in October to take advantage of the discounted room rates - I really want to stay at the Yacht Club with them. There's no way I'll be able to get out of work for a week though (sigh). Plus, dh wants to spend the money on hardwood for the house. So boring!!! We are considering going down for Labor Day though. I wonder how awful it will be, between the heat and the crowds.
Labor Day should be good - hot but low crowds because many of the souther schools have started already.

Quote:
Sorry!
I didn't realize I had your email addy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin' View Post
Something new - most my clothes. I have lost almost 50 lbs this year and plan to lose another 20 before the cruise. The clothes I bought at the beginning of the summer, are starting to get big. After another 20 lbs. they may be falling off. Not sure where I will find clothes in November in Canada for the warmer weather.
shop now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
I didn't get anything either

Tammy
Yours didn't bounce, so it should have come. No wonder I only got one answer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbangel View Post
I didn't get it either...
Even after I sent it the second time with t he underscore between your first name and baseball?

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh. I HATE email. I'll try again tomorrow.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #2018
magicmaker1
Mouseketeer

Linda-I got my email- just haven't had time to respond, sorry.

Old 08-30-2012, 12:03 AM   #2019
bbangel
My friends call me the font of useless knowledge

Sorry Linda, I hate email sometimes too. I even checked my junk mail but nothing.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:23 AM   #2020
Started With a Mouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
L

Even after I sent it the second time with t he underscore between your first name and baseball?
Baseball? Did someone mention baseball???
Old 08-30-2012, 04:47 AM   #2021
LindaBabe

DIS Cast Member
Let them try to get me out - heheh

Good Morning, Happy Cruisers!

101 Days!

I'm fixing to resend that email to the scrapbook gals.

Old - Dimples (Built in 2005)
New- Luggage - bought this spring
Borrowed- camera from husband

What do you have for plans for the long weekend?

Happy day, all!
Old 08-30-2012, 05:35 AM   #2022
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:
shop now?
Problem with shopping now is knowing my size in 3 months. Do I buy it tight and then what if I let something get in my way of my weight loss. I think I may go with the baggy look for the cruise. Hmmm, so something new, what would that be?
March 1977 - first visit to WDW, August 1980 - first visit to Disney Land, May 1981 - WDW, December 1987 - WDW with my DH, July 2003 - Wilderness Lodge first family visit, December 2003 - Cirque du Soleil, December 2007 - Caribbean Beach - NYE in WDW, March 2009 - Wonder 4 day Bahama's, December 2009 - Magic NYE Western cruise, December 2010 - Wonder NYE Eastern cruise, January 2011 - Saratoga Springs - WDW 5K Buzz Lightyear run, December 2011 Dream 3 day Bahama's,Candle Light Processional, MVMCP March 2012 - Fantasy Maiden Voyage Western cruise,December 2012 - East Bound Panama Canal,October 2013 - Dream 3 day and 4 day Bahama's and 10 miler Tower of Terror race, Sept 2014 WBTA Magic,February 2015 Magic Western,September 2015 Wonder - Hawaii
Old 08-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #2023
Relaxin'
Mouseketeer

Quote:

If things work out, we may be having a pre cruise meet with ARGA. They are moving their DD into university this weekend.

Otherwise, a RELAXIN' weekend at home. Hope to clean up my DD room who is in Egypt and is settling in nicely.

Even though it will be in the 30's today, fall is in the air.
Old 08-30-2012, 08:46 AM   #2024
adnil530
I'm someone's special someone....he's special too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxin'
That is awesome and a wonderful reason for some new duds. I

DL: Often 40+ years WDW: 1990; 2005; 2008; 2009; 2010; 2011, 2013 Disney Cruises:Magic Bahamas January 20, 2014; Wonder December 9, 2012 Eastbound Panama Canal; Wonder Mexican Riviera November 18, 2012; Wonder Pacific Coast Cruise September 30, 2012; Wonder April 1, 2012 Mexican Riviera; Dream December 29, 2011 5 day New Years Double Dip - Bahamas; Wonder May 31, 2011 Vancouver-Alaska; 10/31/2010 Magic Western Caribbean; Magic 4/25/09 1st trip to Tortola -Roy Suite;
Wonder Bahamas & Poly 12/14/208 and got hooked! Up and Coming:; DL celebrating daughter's 18th B'day May 16, 2014; Wonder May 17, 2014 2 Nt to Nowhere; Wonder b2bMay 17, 2015 2 nt to Nowhere & May 19, 2015 Mexico
Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 AM   #2025
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dthogue View Post
If it is not too much trouble, could we request a tree as well??

Thanks,
Tammy
Sure Thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeyesix View Post
Can we jump on the bandwagon?? We would LOOVE one!! And if the cost of printing all of these is too high, please let us contribute something.

It will be so much fun to do a Christmas countdown on our door tree. We have a special wooden Advent house with a little door to hide treats for each day, and of course, we won't get to use it this year. We'll just add an ornament to our tree each day instead, which will be a countdown to remember!

Thanks!
Jump right on and cute countdown idea. I'll bring them all to the first day meeting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicasMom View Post
How big are you making your trees? I'm thinking of doing one in felt (or some other material that won't show obvious folds).
The paper is ANSI C(17x22) so the tree is about 22" tall and at it's widest is about 16"

Quote:
GOOD Morning, Happy Cruisers!

Something old, something new, something borrowed . . .
Old would be my binoculars, my Dad gave them to me when I was 5.
New would be the FE my MIL is making for us
Borrowed would be my younger sister's bridemaids dress she wore in my wedding. I plan on wearing it for formal night and my older sister will wear hers so my DH will have a woman on each arm in a matching dress

Quote:
Originally Posted by skayrobe View Post

It was a very short engagement due to the fact that he was leaving for Naval Flight School in Pensacola.
I did a lot of work for the NAS in Pensacola and for ECUA in Pensacola. I loved it there! I always got so distracted by all the planes and I loved seeing the Blue Angels practice. The beach was a nice bonus. I almost moved there permanetly.

Quote:

We will be working on home improvements the whole extended weekend. Hope to finish up some projects!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: