Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 02:07 PM   #1366
yorkshire disney fan
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
For those you've done a transatlantic before, what happens with the shows? Is there something different on every night, or do they just spread the same ones out a bit!

Same for dinner menu, is it a 7 night menu that repeated, or is it totally different every night?
We were on the EBTA 2011 and there was a different show on every night.

There are 3 restaurants on the Magic and you rotate to a different restaurant each evening.

As far as I can remember the menu changed every night with a good selection of dishes.
Old 12-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #1367
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those you've done a transatlantic before, what happens with the shows? Is there something different on every night, or do they just spread the same ones out a bit!

Same for dinner menu, is it a 7 night menu that repeated, or is it totally different every night?
On the longer "on-time" cruises, such as the Panama Canal, Hawaii, and TA cruises they have brought on the Disney Cruise Line favorites, i.e. John Charles, Heidi Mollenhauer and artists from their soundtracks. They may also bring on local folk dancers and singers from the ports of call.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #1368
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
On the longer "on-time" cruises, such as the Panama Canal, Hawaii, and TA cruises they have brought on the Disney Cruise Line favorites, i.e. John Charles, Heidi Mollenhauer and artists from their soundtracks. They may also bring on local folk dancers and singers from the ports of call.
I heard John Charles for the first time on the Fantasy last week. I would definitely love to hear him again!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:19 PM   #1369
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkshire disney fan View Post
We were on the EBTA 2011 and there was a different show on every night.

There are 3 restaurants on the Magic and you rotate to a different restaurant each evening.

As far as I can remember the menu changed every night with a good selection of dishes.
Ditto for our WBTA 2011. Great variety in menu and shows. Same thing with activities during the day - plenty of variety. We did things because of our Rollcall group we might not have done on our own... making the masks for Villains night, participating in Goofy's Ship Building contest, Transatlantic Pub Crawl, etc. Always so much going on, we even had a hard time ever taking a nap for our little one - she just napped in her stroller!
Old 12-21-2012, 02:25 AM   #1370
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

Ditto for our WBTA 2011. Great variety in menu and shows. Same thing with activities during the day - plenty of variety. We did things because of our Rollcall group we might not have done on our own... making the masks for Villains night, participating in Goofy's Ship Building contest, Transatlantic Pub Crawl, etc. Always so much going on, we even had a hard time ever taking a nap for our little one - she just napped in her stroller!
I am getting so excited, how could anyone possibly think the sea days are boring then?? This is exactly why we booked this cruise we wanted time with the ship
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 12-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #1371
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

I agree sea days is why we've booked this once again! If you want to do something, there's plenty to do or you can lounge by the pool or catch a movie! We had activities planned and ended up not doing half of them because the weather was so beautiful we decided to stay by the pool. To each his own!

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 AM   #1372
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

I prefer port days to sea days - especially in Europe. However, I remain cautiously optimistic about the 10 sea days on the Magic.

ETA - if nothing else, I'll get caught up on Disney movie viewing!
Old 12-21-2012, 08:26 AM   #1373
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
I agree sea days is why we've booked this once again! If you want to do something, there's plenty to do or you can lounge by the pool or catch a movie! We had activities planned and ended up not doing half of them because the weather was so beautiful we decided to stay by the pool. To each his own!
The large number of sea days is one of the reasons we booked as well. A lounge chair, my kindle, tunes on my iPod and a cold drink is how I plan to spend most of the days when I'm not doing stuff with my dds. Since we have a very port intensive Baltic cruise after the TA, this cruise will be our total relaxed transport to Europe. I've decided not to even plan too much in the ports.

Hope we have great weather and calm seas!!
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 12-21-2012, 09:03 AM   #1374
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Shows and dinner menus

Quote:

I've been on four long cruises with DCL -- two Transatlantic cruises and two Panama Canal Cruises.

There will be a different show every night. They'll have the same production shows supplemented with some shows of varying quality and perhaps a movie night or two, especially if there is a premier during the sailing. IMHO, some of the best performers were Susan Egan and Jodi Benson.

As for dinner, there will be a different menu every night. Expect to see the menus from the 7-night cruises, along with 7 new menus. But also expect the new menus to repeat many dishes from the 7-night menus, often with new names. Hopefully, they will preview some of the Med cruise menus.

Woody
Old 12-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #1375
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

We want a restful cruise. I'm happy with on board activities and I will bring books to read. We cancelled the Med cruise we were going on after this one, because it just wasn't in the right order. Relaxing then very busy, not what we wanted. Hopefully one year we'll get to do a westbound TA. That would fill the bill for us.

We're still looking to celebrate June 1st, our 45th Anniversary, but it will be at the hotel that night!

Bobbi
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM   #1376
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbiwoz
We want a restful cruise. I'm happy with on board activities and I will bring books to read. We cancelled the Med cruise we were going on after this one, because it just wasn't in the right order. Relaxing then very busy, not what we wanted. Hopefully one year we'll get to do a westbound TA. That would fill the bill for us.

We're still looking to celebrate June 1st, our 45th Anniversary, but it will be at the hotel that night!

Bobbi
I'm too looking forward to lots and lots of reading, it will be the most restful holiday we will have had in 4 years!!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

Old 12-22-2012, 08:23 AM   #1377
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I am getting so excited, how could anyone possibly think the sea days are boring then?? This is exactly why we booked this cruise we wanted time with the ship
That's exactly what I try to tell people when they see the itinerary and ask that... no, you're not stopping many places, but there is TONS to do on the ship! With no cell phones, and internet too pricey, it really forces families to spend family time together and build those lasting memories. With my Magic cruise in November, I really had no desire to visit our 3 ports... booked the cruise strictly for time on the ship. My child loved it! And being age 2, she could only do "open house" times at Kids Club, and I had no reason to ever leave her in Flounder's - so it was lots of quality time together for the two of us.

Now for those same reasons, I don't think I would ever book Disney for a port intensive European itinerary. To us, those itineraries are more about the ports of call and being off the ship... and often for much less $$$ on other cruiselines.
Old 12-22-2012, 12:10 PM   #1378
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

That's exactly what I try to tell people when they see the itinerary and ask that... no, you're not stopping many places, but there is TONS to do on the ship! With no cell phones, and internet too pricey, it really forces families to spend family time together and build those lasting memories. With my Magic cruise in November, I really had no desire to visit our 3 ports... booked the cruise strictly for time on the ship. My child loved it! And being age 2, she could only do "open house" times at Kids Club, and I had no reason to ever leave her in Flounder's - so it was lots of quality time together for the two of us.

Now for those same reasons, I don't think I would ever book Disney for a port intensive European itinerary. To us, those itineraries are more about the ports of call and being off the ship... and often for much less $$$ on other cruiselines.
Definitely, even if Disney did Baltics in 2015 (when we are planning on doing a Baltics cruise) I think we would go with one of the other lines!

Old 12-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #1379
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

We have now paid in full

Old 12-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #1380
sdlong329
"Life is just a Fantasy!"

It's official!

We're IN (and PAID IN FULL)!

After much wrangling ... we're committed! Well, committed to the T/A, that is!

We were on the 2010 EB T/A on the Magic ... loved the 6 sea days in a row! We've been on the Fantasy twice since the Maiden Voyage, and we're in the mood for some vibes from the DCL classic ships. That means, I want CHOCOLATE NIGHT and CHARACTER BREAKFAST!

DW (Donna) and I are DCL Platinum ... no kids in tow. Our "child" is a young adult, and sailed DCL with us when he was a young 'un! We have owned DVC since 1994 (Old Key West and Animal Kingdom).

We will be flying Southwest to Houston (from PHL) the night prior to embarkation ... we usually meet other DISers in the Southwest Terminal at PHL airport. Looks like we have a *little* time to read through the previous posts ... will sign up for whatever we can ... though we will not be doing FE's this cruise.

I sent a request to be added to the FB page.

Stateroom: V-GTY
Dining: Second

Steven

Last edited by sdlong329; 12-23-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: