Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 11:46 PM   #1231
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Feel your pain with airfare.... We've seen IcelandAir increase since we purchased tickets. My mother-in-law finally decided to join, and her airfare was about 50% more. Now of course they aren't selling the cheapie economy seats - just the next class up - so she will have a little more room, but she would have been happy getting the lesser expensive seats.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #1232
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
If my flight times don't change much, and all 4 flights are on time - I will get home the same day I leave from Barcelona! I am using FF miles, so I will keep trying to change my JFK-RDU-ORD routing to a JFK-ORD routing. There is only one JFK-ORD flight that will work, and there are no available seats using the fewest miles at this time.
I'm in the same boat. We have a return flight from Paris on 6/16 -CDG-YYZ-ORD on Air Canada and United. There is a non stop CDG-ORD on United, but there are no lower miles saver awards available yet, I keep checking and hoping some open up because that would be my ideal flight home.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 AM   #1233
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I'm in the same boat. We have a return flight from Paris on 6/16 -CDG-YYZ-ORD on Air Canada and United. There is a non stop CDG-ORD on United, but there are no lower miles saver awards available yet, I keep checking and hoping some open up because that would be my ideal flight home.
I could get home (to Champaign) on 3 flights if I were willing to stay overnight in Miami, NY, or Chicago. I prefer to get home in one day, so I'll wait and see how flight schedules change between now and June. Too bad an overnight in Orlando isn't an option, or I'd choose that!
Old 11-27-2012, 10:14 AM   #1234
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

You ladies sound like us... we had enough FF miles on AA to get us all home at the conclusion of our time in Europe, but when the schedules came out, they had connections where we had to change airports (in London or NYC) or were codeshare on BA with crazy fees. When I found a flight I liked, it was about $350 each plus 30k AA miles... figured it was worth it to spend the extra and save our miles. Gives me an excuse to book another transatlantic... Now I am wishing I had booked our stopover in Iceland for longer - that will be just a tease spending only 2 nights there.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:16 AM   #1235
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie

Hi Tink, I don't have the details at the moment, but my wife said it was $110 for a limo from the GW Bush Airport to Galveston. I tried looking through her list of emails and I don't yet see how she got a price. I'll ask her in the morning and get back.

We're going to come in on the 17th.
Hi Goofy, thanks very much, much appreciated
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 PM   #1236
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Dynamic Currency Conversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post

. . . And, something else I've recently noted, but not really figured out for sure is when using the credit card to purchase something that they'll ask me if I want to pay in CAD or GBP. If I pay in CAD, I'm getting a much worse rate than my bank/CC company charges. So I've started just saying GBP is fine.
This is called Dynamic Currency Conversion, and I avoid it whenever possible. While in Spain last month, it would have added $10 to our two night hotel bill.

Woody
Old 11-27-2012, 02:32 PM   #1237
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Can anyone please remind how much the Enterprise one way rental is from IAH to Galveston? I know somebody checked but I can't find the price on our super long thread now

Thinking a car is the best way to go due to us wanting to stop off in the new Tanger outlet mall.

Thanks
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges

Old 11-27-2012, 03:01 PM   #1238
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Can anyone please remind how much the Enterprise one way rental is from IAH to Galveston? I know somebody checked but I can't find the price on our super long thread now

Thinking a car is the best way to go due to us wanting to stop off in the new Tanger outlet mall.

Thanks
My 2-day rental of an Enterprise economy car from Houston Hobby to Galveston is $120.99 - including taxes.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #1239
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

My 2-day rental of an Enterprise economy car from Houston Hobby to Galveston is $120.99 - including taxes.
Thank you, will call Enterprise the weekend and prebook.

Old 11-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #1240
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Thanks
From Hobby to Galveston with Enterprise, one day (24 hour) car rental, we got $84 all in. When I found a rep who did not try to charge me the $100 drop fee, I snagged it. The previous time I called it came to about $225 for the same dates / times / vehicle because of a drop fee and something else.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:32 PM   #1241
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
Hey Folks,

Finally getting a couple minutes to rub together to look at the cruise info. Looking at excursions. There's an excursion called "Unforgettable West Madeira" at Madeira that's 8-8.5hrs. We're only docked for 8.25hrs.

How in the world can Disney guarantee that? I have to assume you need to include some time to get off/on the boat?

Anyone have experience with this sort of thing that could comment? Should I avoid that excursion like the plague? I get it that they guarantee you, but would that simply mean they'll fly us to Gibraltar or would they absolutely wait?
Yep - was on an excursion in St Petersburg we were supposed to sail at 2200, well we didn't get back to the ship until almost 0030! They waited for us, becuase it was a Disney excursion (however, I am sure that having Karl H and Tom W on the excursion didn't hurt!) Go ahead and book it if you want to do that - they will make sure you are safe and onboard. It is the folks that go on their own who get left behind.

Quote:
Is anybody else flying into Houston on the 16th May and going straight to Galveston?

Just wondering if anybody wanted to organise a shuttle together or even a taxi together?

Only asking because it's quite expensive from IAH to Galveston
We are going into Hobby on the 17th (arriving at 0000 on the 18th actually) if that helps at all.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 11-28-2012, 05:16 AM   #1242
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi Goofy, thanks very much, much appreciated
The Dreams Unlimited TA recommended us Galveston Limo. On the http://galvestonlimousineservice.com/iah.html page, it's $55 per person from IAH. I'll probably have to pick up the 4pm trip. I guess it works for us because it's just us 2. A bigger family would not be cost effective over a car rental from the sounds of it.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:13 AM   #1243
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

I thought I would just ask to see if any known special people would be onboard our sailing like on previous Transatlantic crossings... thinking Disney would possibly have something booked since we are within 6 months now and sometimes their special performers have schedules booked months in advance. Ducky Williams, etc. (I specifically asked about Ducky). Either they don't have anything special booked, or I just got the typical canned response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

In order to keep our entertainment fresh and interesting, we continually
evaluate our offerings and look for opportunities to make our cruise
experience even better, as we are committed to producing quality family
entertainment.

Our latest entertainment option, Disney Digital 3-D, in the Walt Disney
and Buena Vista Theatres is receiving great reviews from our Guests.
Also, in addition to the two pianists onboard each voyage, we are now
offering musical talent acts on specific days which may be of interest
to you. Please check your Personal Navigator upon arrival onboard for
performance times.

We will continue to update our entertainment offerings in the future and
thank you for your thoughtful comments. We are committed to offering a
cruise experience that meets the Disney standards of excellence and
provides the type of magical vacation our Guests have come to expect.

Unfortunetly, we do not know the entertainement schedule

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require
further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact
us.

We look forward to sailing again with you and your family!

Have a Magical Day!

Kaylee
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

I know I have mentioned this cruise to several friends and family, but when they see the itinerary, they say that looks "boring". So I thought I might be able to give them an idea of what extra special acts might be onboard (in addition to the broadway productions you normally see onboard). No luck in getting any info from Disney or on this page. Guess we will have to wait until onboard and "check your Personal Navigator".
Old 11-28-2012, 08:52 AM   #1244
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I thought I would just ask to see if any known special people would be onboard our sailing like on previous Transatlantic crossings... thinking Disney would possibly have something booked since we are within 6 months now and sometimes their special performers have schedules booked months in advance. Ducky Williams, etc. (I specifically asked about Ducky). Either they don't have anything special booked, or I just got the typical canned response:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

In order to keep our entertainment fresh and interesting, we continually
evaluate our offerings and look for opportunities to make our cruise
experience even better, as we are committed to producing quality family
entertainment.

Our latest entertainment option, Disney Digital 3-D, in the Walt Disney
and Buena Vista Theatres is receiving great reviews from our Guests.
Also, in addition to the two pianists onboard each voyage, we are now
offering musical talent acts on specific days which may be of interest
to you. Please check your Personal Navigator upon arrival onboard for
performance times.

We will continue to update our entertainment offerings in the future and
thank you for your thoughtful comments. We are committed to offering a
cruise experience that meets the Disney standards of excellence and
provides the type of magical vacation our Guests have come to expect.

Unfortunetly, we do not know the entertainement schedule

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require
further assistance in planning your visit, please feel free to contact
us.

We look forward to sailing again with you and your family!

Have a Magical Day!

Kaylee
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

I know I have mentioned this cruise to several friends and family, but when they see the itinerary, they say that looks "boring". So I thought I might be able to give them an idea of what extra special acts might be onboard (in addition to the broadway productions you normally see onboard). No luck in getting any info from Disney or on this page. Guess we will have to wait until onboard and "check your Personal Navigator".
As itineraries go, it certainly is a boring one! I will reserve judgement about the cruise as a whole until after it's over. I sure hope DCL has lots of activities scheduled, because I'm not a lounge by the pool/go to the spa kind of gal.

Last edited by NancyIL; 11-28-2012 at 09:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-28-2012, 09:04 AM   #1245
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post

As itineraries ago, it certainly is a boring one! I will reserve judgement about the cruise as a whole until after it's over. I sure hope DCL has lots of activities scheduled, because I'm not a lounge by the pool/go to the spa kind of gal.
I've been on two DCL Transatlantic cruises. IMHO, on those cruises DCL front-loaded the adult activities during the stretch of sea days. So at the beginning of the sea days, there were plenty of activities for adults. But toward the end, there were very few activities. I mentioned this on my comment cards.

Woody
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: