Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 02:50 PM   #1186
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
I'm getting panicked about all the rumours for major changes in 2013 - you don't think they are planning on scrapping the Med altogether do you?? :-(
Just off the Magic this morning. Talked to Peter, the CD this week, and asked if he would be on the EBTA. He said no --- he will be on vacation then but boarding when we disembark as he is working the entire Mediterranean season. So... don't think they are scrapping the Med
Old 11-10-2012, 03:06 PM   #1187
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

If anyone is looking for a room at Tremont for our group rate on Friday night (May 17) please send me a PM. We have one room left with two queen beds at the $209 rate. I was just in Galveston for cruising the Magic this past week and it is definitely in a great area in short walking distance to many things (Strand historic area, port, etc). Since it is a sister property to the Galvez, the Tremont also provides a complimentary car services to the Galvez to use all amenities there, and the Strand is where the Wild Game Festival will be that weekend for those looking for some authentic eating experiences!

Several have already talked about utilizing the rooftop bar at Tremont to have an informal meet-and-greet that Friday evening.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-12-2012, 10:04 AM   #1188
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Not much happening round here Mandy while you have been away, hopefully it
Will pick up a little into the new year

Sorry I thought all rooms were taken at The Tremont otherwise I would have said to Christine there was a room, I know you have put your name to this and I don't want you losing money when you put your faith and trust in us all
Old 11-12-2012, 07:47 PM   #1189
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Not much happening round here Mandy while you have been away, hopefully it
Will pick up a little into the new year

Sorry I thought all rooms were taken at The Tremont otherwise I would have said to Christine there was a room, I know you have put your name to this and I don't want you losing money when you put your faith and trust in us all
Thanks! Yes - I signed the contract with the hotel on behalf of all of us when we all had committed, then one backed out and sent a message while I was on the Magic last week, so that is what opened up that one room there unexpectedly when I thought they were all taken care of. We can still add more if the last 2-queen room definitely books, but we have to have that minimum number for us to all receive the group rate (eight rooms). One person sent me a PM yesterday about possibly booking and I shared the details and group code- will follow up in a few days to see if it got booked.

And absolutely... Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!

I'm still stoked we got such a great deal for that property, especially for 2 queens or more than 2 adults (hate getting rooms with 2 doubles - I need more space!). The group rate she gave us for Galvez was only slightly lower, non-oceanview (brown water anyway), double beds (not queens), smaller rooms (thinking of luggage LOL), but we had all of us wanting Tremont to be in the Strand area and she could not split us between the properties. Harbor House over the water was already completely sold out back in August. Really looking forward to staying at Tremont - so much history to that property. I've been inside each property - will be a classy way to kick off the EBTA! Throw in some wild game eating, the rooftop bar, and you guys are in for an authentic Texas experience! And shhh.... I am half-tempted to go down another day early since Thurs night is even cheaper - just to have more time there... I think Curt works on that Thursday so the girls and I might just have to sneak out of the house to head on down there to start our pre-cruise celebration a day earlier! Can't have Paul and Helen keeping the fort down by themselves! My taste buds are already craving the bakery I ate at in September - mmmmm!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:28 AM   #1190
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
One person sent me a PM yesterday about possibly booking and I shared the details and group code- will follow up in a few days to see if it got booked.

And absolutely... Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!!
She sent me a message they booked the room. Now to wait 6+ months before we can have a pre-cruise meet-n-greet!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #1191
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

For those flying home on IcelandAir and doing a stopover.... hubby sent me these pictures last night:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Iceland.html

Wow!!
Old 11-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #1192
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For those flying home on IcelandAir and doing a stopover.... hubby sent me these pictures last night:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...s-Iceland.html

Wow!!
Very pretty photos! Unfortunately, we saw none of that on a one-day port stop in Reykjavik in Sept. 2009. We were there on a rainy day, and what we could see of the landscape did not impress us.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 AM   #1193
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
Very pretty photos! Unfortunately, we saw none of that on a one-day port stop in Reykjavik in Sept. 2009. We were there on a rainy day, and what we could see of the landscape did not impress us.
We're staying there a couple nights, and hoping to see the Blue Lagoon area. The more I see, the more I wish we had taken more advantage of their free 7-night stopover. Take a side trip within that timeframe... oh well... next time!
Old 11-13-2012, 11:03 PM   #1194
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

power AND heat!!

Well, we finally have power back in our building. When we got home from WDW on Tuesday (about 1am) it was very nice to walk into a warm apartment. Of course there were lights on everywhere, since we had no idea what had been left on before Sandy shut us down.

Only 5 weeks until school is over and I can really focus on this trip. I hope that everyone else has had power restored and is well...for those not impacted - be glad!

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 11-14-2012, 04:25 PM   #1195
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Good to hear all is now well for you Cayla! Must of been a terrible time

Hope it didn't spoil your trip x x

Quote:
Originally Posted by padalyn View Post
Well, we finally have power back in our building. When we got home from WDW on Tuesday (about 1am) it was very nice to walk into a warm apartment. Of course there were lights on everywhere, since we had no idea what had been left on before Sandy shut us down.

Only 5 weeks until school is over and I can really focus on this trip. I hope that everyone else has had power restored and is well...for those not impacted - be glad!

Cayla
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #1196
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Oh no, Cayla! I hope all has improved for you! Not just with the storm, but staying on top of grad school during all that. I think my final month of grad school - which included taking Comps and certification exams (thankfully no Thesis to write) - was my most stressful. Sending pixie dust your way!!
Old 11-14-2012, 07:26 PM   #1197
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Good to hear all is now well for you Cayla! Must of been a terrible time

Hope it didn't spoil your trip x x
Quote:
Oh no, Cayla! I hope all has improved for you! Not just with the storm, but staying on top of grad school during all that. I think my final month of grad school - which included taking Comps and certification exams (thankfully no Thesis to write) - was my most stressful. Sending pixie dust your way!!
thank you both...no it didn't spoil the trip - in fact we REALLY appreciated the warm Florida sun!! It was 28 degrees that morning when we left - no heat in the apartment made getting dressed a very chilly experience.

Grad school has been more work than I initially realized - I write an average of 2 papers per week. Luckily I also do not have a defense. This is the last month, I have to teach a couple of classes, and write one more teaching plan. My bigger issue is that the class requires us to publish an article - well, I have been peddling my article without success. I really have to push now, as I am unsure what the consequences are if I am not published by semester's end....sigh.

I am really looking forward to this trip as it is my graduation present from my wonderful fiance Cathy...we are both SO excited about the whole trip.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 11-15-2012, 08:35 PM   #1198
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Just FYI... my BFF from middle school is staying at the Tremont tomorrow night, parking her car at Galvez (cheaper parking) and on the Magic for Thanksgiving! Three cabins' worth of her family -- her family of four, her brother's family, and her parents. They've stayed at the Tremont previously, love it, and was excited for those of us staying there! I told her to take good care of the Magic for us.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:23 AM   #1199
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Happy Birthday?

Mickey

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani