Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2012, 05:57 PM   #1141
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Welcome twopeasonepod, you're added.

I got the emailing of the roll call and such working again. Turns out Hotmail considers the Google sites emails to be dangerous spam... I switched email addresses and it's all fine again and several of the missing emails showed up.

Old 10-29-2012, 03:04 AM   #1142
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

I posted way back on page 1 that I booked this cruise to lock in the early pricing but didn't know if I could get leave. I've changed jobs since then, and broached the subject today - positive response Now I can really start dreaming properly of this cruise!!!
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 04:05 AM   #1143
Carys
Mouse-Eared Kiwi
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
Let me know if I am in the ball park (GO GIANTS!!) with this.
This looks great! Did you have any non-US people in the last shirt group? Is it possible for us overseas folks to pay using paypal or somesuch method?
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
Old 10-29-2012, 06:09 AM   #1144
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys
I posted way back on page 1 that I booked this cruise to lock in the early pricing but didn't know if I could get leave. I've changed jobs since then, and broached the subject today - positive response Now I can really start dreaming properly of this cruise!!!
Glad you got your leave booked!

I'm from the UK and wanting the shirts, I am sure there will be some way for us to sort it all with the wonderful Valbob
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #1145
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
This looks great! Did you have any non-US people in the last shirt group? Is it possible for us overseas folks to pay using paypal or somesuch method?
Carys - glad you will be joining us. Yes, we had folks in the UK, Australia and I think Germany. I mailed the shirts to the UK, I think the mailing cost was about $17 US dollars, noting on the customs form that they were gifts. For those out of the US I offered to bring them with me to the ship. I met one family at the hotel we were staying at the night before the cruise and the others I brought to the Meet and Greet the first day of the cruise. I can't do this for everyone because they came in two boxes about 3 feet by 3 feet and weight a lot. Plus, people wanted them before the cruise so they could wear them when they had their "welcome aboard" pictures taken.

Since you ask how I handled the money I'll take this opportunity to explain to everyone how this worked. I set up an e-mail adress just for this project. I also set up a PayPal account, again, just for this project. I had the money sent as a "personal gift" not a business merchandise transaction so no fees were charged. People who did not want to use PayPal sent me moneyorders. I used the USPS priority mail, setting up an account just this group, using their address book system and printing off mailing labels from their system. I could order shipping material from them at no cost. This saved us 15% on the mailing. It also allowed everyone in the U.S. to track their package and see the mailing costs. I went to Bank of America and had a checking account and checks made that I used just for this project so no other funds touched it. Everyone received a copy of the shirt manufactures invoice, a copy of their personal mailing cost statement. This allowed everyone to be be assured that I did not profit financially from this project and paid for our shirts the same as everyone else.

I kept a spreadsheet with all information and details of the orders. While I posted a list of who ordered what, I never posted last names nor addresses. The shirt maker does not get any of this information. This time, I will require everyone in the U.S. purchase mail insurance. Of the 150 shirts I mailed, one package was lost. The post office report they delivered it but the cruiser said they never got it. I refunded them the $122 (they had bought shirts for the whole family) because I hadn't required insurance.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by valbob89; 10-30-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-29-2012, 03:01 PM   #1146
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Sorry, I tried to do a search, but need some help....

1) How many days are people spending in Barcelona post-cruise? I can see that some are planning to go to DLP (or just Paris), too. I have to decide whether to stay 4 nights and leave Wed. to try to go back to work on Friday, or just forget it and stay 5 or 6 nights and leave TH or F. I went to Barcelona when I was in Europe for school. I absolutely loved it, and also loved Cadaques. Staying longer would allow us to go there.

2) How many formal and semi-formal nights do we have? Do we have Pirate Night? I cannot for the life of me find it on the DCL website.

Thanks!

Old 10-30-2012, 12:16 PM   #1147
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Sorry I've not been on much these days, PTO stuff for school has been keeping me occupied as well as my REAL job - LOL!

I am starting to think about the Private Tastings and would just like to encourage anyone who has not "voted" to do so if you are interested. You can find the poll here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...V0M0E6MQ#gid=0

(This link is also posted in the first post thanks to ValBob89) -

Need to start conversing with DCL about number of people and types of tasting so make sure to get your two cents in as soon as possible!

As soon as we return from WDW after Thanksgiving I'll be really getting on this....... Thanks!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 10-31-2012, 08:11 AM   #1148
GoofyNewfie
Mouseketeer

Twopeasonepod, we're thinking about 2 days in Barcelona and then 3 days in London.

Disneymousehouse, I updated the tasting survey link on the website as the old one was going to website that doesn't seem to exist anymore.

Everyone, we're under 200 days! Woo hoo.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:47 AM   #1149
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Shirt Update

I heard back from the shirt company. They definitely can make our shirts with the design we came up with; large design in the middle of the back. They are still pricing the item. Their prices are about the same as all the others I found, but because I have used them before, I feel confident regarding their service and quality. One question was about a shirt pocket. It would cost a little extra, maybe $1 per shirt. They are going to have their artist work with me on the images.
Regarding the images. I am still working on them, getting them sharper and clearer. Also, regarding the Galveston flag. I spoke with the Galveston Tourist Bureau and they told me that Galveston does not have an official flag so I am going to replace it with the Texas state flag.
When I have a final quote from the company I'll post that information along with the final art work. Next step is to post a pre-order form so I can get an order number (cost is based on volume) and start collecting mailing info.
My reservation shows a PIF date of 1-18-13 (seems early) does anyone have a different date? I would like to make the payment date for the shirts after the PIF date.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:02 PM   #1150
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I heard back from the shirt company. They definitely can make our shirts with the design we came up with; large design in the middle of the back. They are still pricing the item. Their prices are about the same as all the others I found, but because I have used them before, I feel confident regarding their service and quality. One question was about a shirt pocket. It would cost a little extra, maybe $1 per shirt. They are going to have their artist work with me on the images.
Regarding the images. I am still working on them, getting them sharper and clearer. Also, regarding the Galveston flag. I spoke with the Galveston Tourist Bureau and they told me that Galveston does not have an official flag so I am going to replace it with the Texas state flag.
When I have a final quote from the company I'll post that information along with the final art work. Next step is to post a pre-order form so I can get an order number (cost is based on volume) and start collecting mailing info.
My reservation shows a PIF date of 1-18-13 (seems early) does anyone have a different date? I would like to make the payment date for the shirts after the PIF date.
The final payment date for this cruise is 120 days prior to the sail date.
Old 11-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #1151
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

Quote:
Thanks for the update!

Old 11-04-2012, 02:46 AM   #1152
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
well done again!
We are already PIF since we are using DVC - so once you get the dollar figure just have the payment option open, this way we can pay it as soon as we know the amount!

On the FB page a lower pocket was suggested - I like that idea. Upper pocket and well endowed women - not so good!!

Cayla
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 11-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #1153
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

I've been mia for awhile - and wow - did it take me some time to catch up!!

Getting me to the port and cruising across the Atlantic is the easy part - finalizing all the elements of the rest of our summer adventure is more challenging. We're going to Italy, Greece and ending with a couple of days in London - the logistics of airfare for DH and DGS from USA to Italy and then flying from Italy to Greece and Greece to London and London to home.

Speaking of me getting to Galveston - Mandy is there still space at the hotel? If so, please add me!

I hope that our East Coast friends are all okay after Hurricane Sandy. Sending prayers to all.

Old 11-04-2012, 05:02 PM   #1154
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

okay - I'm really into this planning mode - any suggestions for hotels in Barcelona? I'm staying the day we disembark then flying the next day to Italy. When I was in Barcelona in 2007 I stayed on the ship and went sight seeing prior to sailing - no hotel experience.

And anyone in the London area - I'm looking at the Comfort Hotel near Heathrow to stay for a couple of days before we head back to the USA. Last time I was in London we stayed in central London and I don't anything about this place.

Thanks !! Don't know what I'd do without checking here - so much expertise and so helpful !!

Old 11-04-2012, 07:49 PM   #1155
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma x3 View Post
okay - I'm really into this planning mode - any suggestions for hotels in Barcelona? I'm staying the day we disembark then flying the next day to Italy. When I was in Barcelona in 2007 I stayed on the ship and went sight seeing prior to sailing - no hotel experience.

And anyone in the London area - I'm looking at the Comfort Hotel near Heathrow to stay for a couple of days before we head back to the USA. Last time I was in London we stayed in central London and I don't anything about this place.

Thanks !! Don't know what I'd do without checking here - so much expertise and so helpful !!
You have some great post-cruise travel plans! I'm generally not a fan of staying at airport hotels unless I have an early morning flight. I've been to Barcelona only once (Nov. 2010), and we stayed a few blocks off Las Ramblas at the NH Barcelona Centro (http://www.nh-hotels.com/nh/en/hotel...d=107555220035). This time my friend and I are staying in Barcelona 3 nights post-cruise, and I am using my Starwood points for a free stay at the Four Points Sheraton Diagonal (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...ropertyID=3692).

In London we've stayed at the Marriott County Hall (http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...3-75b66089dd79) and the Chancery Court (when it was a Renaissance) using Marriott points. We also got the Marriott County Hall once on Priceline. For my most recent trip in 2010 with my 2 daughters, we stayed at one of Rick Steves' recommendations - the Cherry Court Hotel in the Victoria neighborhood (http://www.cherrycourthotel.co.uk/). I stayed one night at the Sheraton Heathrow (http://www.starwoodhotels.com/prefer...erty/overview/) when I had a morning flight, but I wouldn't want to be based at a Heathrow hotel if I planned to spend several days touring in London.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: