Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #3616
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987

Arghhhhhh, why am I on a different time zone to you - off to wake DB up now and go take a look!
It wasn't out at 2:00 central time yesterday. I was on the phone with DCL handling some client reservations and still checking online. The just appeared later in the day. Never know when DCL will throw those out!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #3617
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Target had some cute PJs for the tween girls and adults on clearance last night when I was there!!! I was there stocking up on household items (I Love those Sales) a sick addiction I have...anyway, a few cruise items ended up in my cart and low and behold $300 later I was leaving Target!

We now have enough toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, dishwashing tablets etc for a year.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-09-2013, 08:40 AM   #3618
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
It absolutely depends on when you fly. We only use United (so we can be Premier), so I pay cash for off-season trips, but then use miles during peak season (like we just went to WV for Thanksgiving for only 40K miles each!) I don't like crowds so that helps us avoid high fares.
We really should be miles people, but we just fly whatever is cheapest, and htat's usually Southwest for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Lol, yes that's true - I suppose I think like that because of the reason I quit FB, the place I worked before was terrible for it, there were groups of people on there bullying others we worked with. Scary when you think some of these people were in their 40's/50's! I'm not sure what it is like in the US but social media rules a persons job over here now. Companies will search forums for their names and check whats being said against employee manifests. If you are caught saying something slanderish, you are dismissed on the spot.

Also I was just sick of going out with certain friends or sitting at work and having friends say did you see what so and so said on FB? I'm like is that all you have to talk about?!

And there was one women who I used to work with who was on maternity leave - when she had her baby, she was updating her status 10 - 15 times a day. Constantly writing on mutual friends walls, playing the games, inviting people to tak quizzes. People were saying at work that when she came back it wouldn't be the baby she missed, it would be FB! She kept saying oh (baby's name) has just smiled! When I saw them, I just kept thinking why don't you spend time with the baby and take photos of that instead of sitting on a computer/phone etc telling the world?

Sorry to go on and on there, it just drives me nuts! as you have probably figured out!
Wow!

Quote:
Wow so again we pay about the same ish as you to cross the Atlantic! You always just assume the people in US can go as often as they want lol.
We've never been to Florida or WDW, it's just too expensive for us. If we want to cruise DCL, and we do, we need to find the cheapest way to do it

Quote:
My DB is coming
He and DH will likely enjoy the company, all those lovely ladies.

I just looked at the OGT rates, they are about $300 less than we're paying for an inside when taking into account our OBB OBC and 10% discount. I'd rather have the window and cheaper rate, but we'd also have to cancel our airfare booked through DCL, and they aren't offering it from our area anymore, and we'd lose our deposit, so it would end up being more.

But I do wish they'd just drop the rate and refund us
Old 02-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #3619
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Target had some cute PJs for the tween girls and adults on clearance last night when I was there!!! I was there stocking up on household items (I Love those Sales) a sick addiction I have...anyway, a few cruise items ended up in my cart and low and behold $300 later I was leaving Target!

We now have enough toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, dishwashing tablets etc for a year.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:51 AM   #3620
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Ahhh.... you have now given me a good reason to get out this morning!!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #3621
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
OK, so now I feel really stupid - what I "read" on the first post was they started counting bookings toward your level! DUH! (I actually read it as DCL Bookings!)

Sorry to all concerned and I feel like such an idiot!
Guess I have to either 1) stop reading posts from my phone app or 2) Start wearing my granny glasses so I can see what I'm reading!
I get confused all the time. Especially when I have to read 5 pages to get caught up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carys View Post
I wish they would put on a proper adultstyle ball evening on the top deck. How hard would it be? Band, food, put out some fairy lights and what have you, and let us enjoy dancing under the stars! Or maybe it'd be too cold?
That would be so much fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LySand View Post
ME!! I was thrilled when I finally made it to Key West! It was just for the day and I hope to get back there soon.
Loved Key West and have always wanted to go back. On the bucket list!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LySand View Post
Maybe we could do this ourselves - well maybe not the band - but an mp3 player, on one of the formal/semi-formal nights
YES!

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 02-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #3622
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by birkner View Post

This time I have promised DH John only two bags each since we spent 600 Euros last time flying from Barcelona to Frankfurt on Air Berlin.
Are you taking bets on it

We haven't had the "cute shoe" discussion on this EBTA thread like we had on our WBTA thread, Noel! What was the record number of pairs shoes someone brought on WBTA, like 13 or 15?

We are going to try to get by with 2-3 pairs of shoes each and one checked bag each.

Still super happy you two are onboard again! I still have my pink boa to buy!!
Old 02-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #3623
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyL47 View Post
Major Parrot Head. What Dis activities might that be? Fins to the left and fins to the right? I try to stop into every Maugaritaville store (and bar) I happen to be near. A nice selection of oversized T's in just about every one. I met Jimmy in the bar at the Key West store. We ordered chilli dogs from acrross the street and had a couple beers. Just celebrating having the same first name he said, Of course could have been that it was a hot day and the beer was ice cold.
Awesome!! That is such a cool story on meeting Jimmy.

My dream concert to attend would be one on my beloved St John. He has done a private concert at the Westin there before (a company retreat had rented out the resort) but from what people said, lots of people arrived in dinghies in the bay to listen. Ahhhh, I could only imagine.

Have you ever been to one of his concerts in Vegas? It's like the entire strip is wearing coconut bras and grass skirts.

Hubby has already traded off the day we think he might be having a concert near us this spring (just in case.... going off the rumors) Amazed he got a weekend day traded off so quickly. I think he just knew I would go either way with or without him
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #3624
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:

I have plans to hit Target later today to pick up a few things. I'm sure my final bill will be similar. I also make a point to always pick up a $50 Disney gift card to apply to my on board account using my Target Red Debit card I get 5% off.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 02-09-2013, 12:51 PM   #3625
EjeG
Nutz

Quote:
Lol - aww I love following DB round, especially at night and at sunrise. It's kinda of our thing now

And also, it's SO much easier to bribe him to book lots of holidays and city breaks because I just get him to look at other photos on Flickr of the place and he's like let's go!
Personally I love to travel to new places, so much stuff to photograph and see
Old 02-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #3626
EjeG
Nutz

Quote:
Haha - lets not start that this early before the cruise :P

Ditto, we have enjoyed looking through your beautiful pics - you have a real talent!
Never to early to start that LOL but nah the brand of the camera is unimportant, the best camera you have is the one that you have with you.

It's just matter of using what you have and knowing the limitations. It's what you have between the ears that counts not the camera. But of course a good camera can help in poor conditions.

Thank you for the kind words on my photography. I enjoy it a lot, to go out and make pictures.
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 PM   #3627
EjeG
Nutz

Quote:
Cool, Mark is looking forward to it all. I may get him to sign up on it. He loves Scott Kelby - he's halfway through his Photoshop CS6 book at the moment, and thinking about doing his online photography classes. Will have to check out this worldwide photo walk - thanks!
The worldwide photo walks are fun, to know that at the same day there are 10'ths of thousands of photographers out capturing great photos.

I'm a big fan of Scott Kelby. If he not checked out Kelbytraining.com he should (I got some 24hrs free passes to the site if he or anyone else is interested, there are loads of great video courses up there by some awesome photographers like Lindsey Adler, Mooose Petersen, Peter Hurley, Rick Sammon, Tim Wallace and of course Scott himself to just mention some of the many instructors they have. Not all courses are about taking photos but also courses in how to use Photoshop (by for example Lesa Snider, love that gal) and Lightroom.

So a photowalk on the ship would be something I'm up to and if needed I'm willing to be the "walk leader".
Old 02-09-2013, 02:54 PM   #3628
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl

It wasn't out at 2:00 central time yesterday. I was on the phone with DCL handling some client reservations and still checking online. The just appeared later in the day. Never know when DCL will throw those out!
We are not sure what to do now - we would obviously lose our deposit but still get £200 back. Or pay an extra £220 for a ocean view - but not sure if that's worth it? Hmmmmm need to get thinking
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 02-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #3629
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EjeG

Personally I love to travel to new places, so much stuff to photograph and see
We loved going away before but since getting a SLR, we love it even more so. Get a real buzz going to new places and photographing them
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 02-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #3630
BigHugsForEeyore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987

We are not sure what to do now - we would obviously lose our deposit but still get £200 back. Or pay an extra £220 for a ocean view - but not sure if that's worth it? Hmmmmm need to get thinking
We're going to cancel our 11C GTY and rebook the OGT rate. I think the £220 extra for a window is still worth it - it's not like we had a particular room # anyway. For a shorter cruise it might not be worth it, but for 14 nights, it definitely is (to us anyway)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: