Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 03:07 PM   #3376
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
People have received these emails from a couple of TA's - thought I would share here for anybody who may be interested

We expect the Disney Wonder will go back to Alaska for the summer, which indicates another Panama Canal sailing sometime in May from Miami to California.
Oh, oh, oh!! Here's hoping for PC cruise that will be late enough in May for us to get on! Or early enough that we can be back in time for kids to make up two weeks of missed work!
"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 02-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #3377
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

I so want to do the Panama Canal
Register to remove

Old 02-02-2013, 05:10 PM   #3378
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

I am ALL ABOUT IT, too! That is pretty much my dream cruise (other than the Med). Not sure why, but I really really really want to go through the locks. Like bucket list want to. haha

Old 02-02-2013, 05:38 PM   #3379
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
I am ALL ABOUT IT, too! That is pretty much my dream cruise (other than the Med). Not sure why, but I really really really want to go through the locks. Like bucket list want to. haha
It is totally bucket list worthy! I was thrilled to be able to check it off mine. The locks were amazing to watch, the whole day was just such an experiance. This engineer was in LOVE! Also had some family history as my grandmother was born in the Panama Canal Zone during its construction. I could share some pictures if anyone would like to see them.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #3380
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
It is totally bucket list worthy! I was thrilled to be able to check it off mine. The locks were amazing to watch, the whole day was just such an experiance. This engineer was in LOVE! Also had some family history as my grandmother was born in the Panama Canal Zone during its construction. I could share some pictures if anyone would like to see them.
YES! PICTURES!!! Can you also post how to convince their school to let the boys out of class for 2+ weeks AGAIN? haha

Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #3381
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

We went on the EBPC in 2008 - it was fabulous - I've noticed that Disney no longer stops at Aruba as we did on that trip. We all loved Aruba. We had a dis group of over 200 people - it was such a fun time !!

Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 PM   #3382
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
YES! PICTURES!!! Can you also post how to convince their school to let the boys out of class for 2+ weeks AGAIN? haha
Sell the learning experiance! My niece and nephew had to give a presentation to the whole school on the Panana Canal-it's history and how it works. They sat through each lecture series and loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma x3 View Post
We went on the EBPC in 2008 - it was fabulous - I've noticed that Disney no longer stops at Aruba as we did on that trip. We all loved Aruba. We had a dis group of over 200 people - it was such a fun time !!
That's correct, we didn't stop in Aruba. And honestly, I am glad we didn't. I do not like how their government handled Hatalee Halloway's disapperance and I am choosing not give them my tourism $ (even though I would love to dive there!)

Old 02-02-2013, 08:54 PM   #3383
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Perhaps when they release the dates some of us will be able to sign up together!

Quote:
Yes, please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma x3 View Post
Two hundred! Wow I would love to stop in Aruba some day. I have a friend who went there once and loved it.

Quote:
Sell the learning experiance! My niece and nephew had to give a presentation to the whole school on the Panana Canal-it's history and how it works. They sat through each lecture series and loved it!

That's correct, we didn't stop in Aruba. And honestly, I am glad we didn't. I do not like how their government handled Hatalee Halloway's disapperance and I am choosing not give them my tourism $ (even though I would love to dive there!)

Great picture
Old 02-02-2013, 11:24 PM   #3384
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Love the picture!!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:19 AM   #3385
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Does anybody think the Wonder may do the WBTA next year? I can't see them sailing the Magic back empty though from it's summer in the Med? I have read the Wonder can undergo it's major dry dock like the Magic will this year on the West Coast?
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 AM   #3386
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
You have an embroidery machine? If I get it digitized, I would share the file with you
I don't sorry, I would go down the boring/non - creative route of having it made for me! I value my fingers as I am way too clumsy to use a sewing machine!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 02-03-2013, 11:07 AM   #3387
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Super cute picture! I talked to my mom and DH yesterday. We are going!

Old 02-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #3388
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Super cute picture! I talked to my mom and DH yesterday. We are going!
Awesome! Great choice! You will LOVE it. Make sure you sit through the lecture series, they are at 9:30AM but worth it and read the book The Path Between the Seas, start now as it is over 800 pages! I made a workbook for the kids with info on the canal and the countries were visited, if you would like a copy, PM me your email address and I can send it to you.
Old 02-03-2013, 11:23 AM   #3389
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Gib Tour

I posted an excel list to the FB page listing those intersted in the private tours, if you haven't done so yet, can you please check and confirm the information?

Thanks!
Old 02-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #3390
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I started to look at other tour options since we were going to be in port for a long time and I wanted to do so much and Disney tours didn't offer all of it. Now I can see the Dolphin pods and see the Rock and the tunnels and st. Michaels Cave!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
Private tours tend to be a better ratio of ppl to "guides" and they generally cost less and can allow for a bit more flexibility.....not always, but sometimes....

Don't feel like a slacker, some aren't even into their ability to book online with DCL yet, we've got LOTS of time!
Thanks for the responses, guys! I still can't book with DCL (we're not even gold -- yet!), and I think that was part of the reason I hadn't really looked. I'm not even sure what to do -- so many choices.

Are there any "can't miss" tours on this sailing?

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: