Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 08:36 AM   #3301
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Got you written down, just let me know when you speak to your friend.
I have already heard back from Vicki, and she is agreeable to going on this tour! Thank you so much for organizing it.

Do we pay the guide in cash, and if so - do they accept only British pounds? I read that euros are also widely accepted in Gibraltar, but I don't know if they would be acceptable payment for this tour.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #3302
bobbiwoz
I'm happy to dance with you
I have 2 opinions
We had tried usual things to keep them away, including something like coyote urine, it is sold in hardware stores by us

I have filled out the form for the shirts. Please, when you e-mail back, put the subject as something I would recognize because I have unknown addresses going to spam.

Or, you can PM me here on the Disboards! I am always checking in here!

Bobbi
Register to remove

Old 01-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #3303
LuvsTheSun
Earning My Ears

Hi WVURunner.....contacted you early by PM in FB, did you add DH and myself to the tour as well? We would love to be in your group!

Lynne
2/12/07 Legend (8 Night Exotic Southern Caribbean)
7/17/06 Hawaii, California & Disneyland
4/15/06 Easter on the Liberty (Panama)
4/23/05 25th Anniversary - Voyager of the Seas (Western)
8/01/04 Destiny (Southern)
4/11/04 Easter on the Victory (Western)
8/23/03 Glory (Eastern) 4/19/03 Triumph (West)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #3304
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL View Post
I have already heard back from Vicki, and she is agreeable to going on this tour! Thank you so much for organizing it.

Do we pay the guide in cash, and if so - do they accept only British pounds? I read that euros are also widely accepted in Gibraltar, but I don't know if they would be acceptable payment for this tour.
I will ask and let you know about payment. I will send PMs later with all information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTheSun View Post
Hi WVURunner.....contacted you early by PM in FB, did you add DH and myself to the tour as well? We would love to be in your group!

Lynne
Just looked through FB. I don't know why they have that "other inbox" I just discovered it and it does not send a notifiaction to my phone or show on FB. Pending word from Tink1987, the group is full based on first responses. I did have another message from another couple on FB as well. I would be happy to organize and expand the tour to a two van tour. For the best cost sharing situation, we would be looking for 4 more people to join the tour! I will look into this more and keep you posted! Sorry about this, hopefully we can make it work!
Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #3305
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvsTheSun View Post

Lynne
Lynne, if you responded to WVURunner on Facebook before I responded here, then the last 2 spots are rightfully yours.
Old 01-31-2013, 09:38 AM   #3306
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

Lynne, if you responded to WVURunner on Facebook before I responded here, then the last 2 spots are rightfully yours.
I did check the time stamps and you were first Nancy. This is actually my mistake as I posted it on Facebook after you had responded one here. My multi tasking skills have failed me! I think there will be enough interest for two vans and I am happy to organized it all!
Old 01-31-2013, 10:09 AM   #3307
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I did check the time stamps and you were first Nancy. This is actually my mistake as I posted it on Facebook after you had responded one here. My multi tasking skills have failed me! I think there will be enough interest for two vans and I am happy to organized it all!
Thanks...whew! I only now looked at Facebook and saw your post about the tour. Based on how quickly you found 4 more people for this tour, plus 4 other interested people - I'm sure you'll have no problem filling a second van.

Any chance you're also looking at private tours in Madeira, too?
Old 01-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #3308
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyIL

Thanks...whew! I only now looked at Facebook and saw your post about the tour. Based on how quickly you found 4 more people for this tour, plus 4 other interested people - I'm sure you'll have no problem filling a second van.

Any chance you're also looking at private tours in Madeira, too?
I agree, it is a great tour if you want to see it all! And since we are in port for a long time, why not do it all!
I did look at tours for Madeira but only adventure ones, if you are interested in canyoning, i have the information and four spots open. This tour is a per person cost.

I am also looking into tours in Barcelona.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:10 AM   #3309
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree, it is a great tour if you want to see it all! And since we are in port for a long time, why not do it all!
I did look at tours for Madeira but only adventure ones, if you are interested in canyoning, i have the information and four spots open. This tour is a per person cost.

I am also looking into tours in Barcelona.
I looked at the photos and description of DCL's canyoning tour, and thought lol! I might've attempted that 30 years ago, but I think we will stick with something a bit less adventurous in May!
Old 01-31-2013, 11:11 AM   #3310
heatherb819
Mouseketeer

Those tours sounds wonderful!!! DD is 10 and 4 hours of history tours may be a bit much for her. Is anyone else interested in possible tour B and then the dolphin adventure? Maybe a group of us with the same age kids could get something set up? We've been to Gibraltar before and she wants to visit the apes again and I know she'd love to go on the dolphin adventure, we didn't do that last time.

Disney Magic May 2013 EBTA
Carnival Magic Sept 2012
Carnival Fantasy April 2012
Disney Magic 2011 Transatlantic
Carnival Elation 2010
Disney Magic 2009
Carnival Imagination 2008
Carnival Triumph 2007
RC Majesty of the Seas 2006
Old 01-31-2013, 11:38 AM   #3311
hmhaase
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819
Those tours sounds wonderful!!! DD is 10 and 4 hours of history tours may be a bit much for her. Is anyone else interested in possible tour B and then the dolphin adventure? Maybe a group of us with the same age kids could get something set up? We've been to Gibraltar before and she wants to visit the apes again and I know she'd love to go on the dolphin adventure, we didn't do that last time.
We might be interested let me look at the tours, my DD is 6, and we want her to be able to see the sights as well as us.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:57 AM   #3312
Aunt Gram
Minnie It Is

We are traveling with our 8 year old grandson and would be interested in a really good tour of Gibraltar for kids.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:11 PM   #3313
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherb819 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmhaase View Post
We might be interested let me look at the tours, my DD is 6, and we want her to be able to see the sights as well as us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Gram View Post
We are traveling with our 8 year old grandson and would be interested in a really good tour of Gibraltar for kids.
I could look into setting up the Tour B with dolphins for the kids?

Stilling looking for 4 people for tour D!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:24 PM   #3314
Kirbo
Whovian

Ok, the post about the other inbox on FB got me curious and I went and looked at mine. I had no idea this thing existed! I have messages going back to 2008 that I've never seen!

I also had one message from a Disser in there. I am so glad that I was alerted to the other inbox and at least got to respond to that message.

Folks, go check yours!
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #3315
NancyIL
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
Ok, the post about the other inbox on FB got me curious and I went and looked at mine. I had no idea this thing existed! I have messages going back to 2008 that I've never seen!

I also had one message from a Disser in there. I am so glad that I was alerted to the other inbox and at least got to respond to that message.

Folks, go check yours!
Thanks for the heads up. I had 3 old and unimportant messages there, but one from this week that was important. I wonder how some messages end up there?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: