Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 PM   #3256
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Will do! As long as all this doesn't make its way back to my mother!
We won't tell if you don't tell
Old 01-30-2013, 12:21 AM   #3257
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

I got the best Pirate Night shirt:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #3258
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod
That's awesome! Love it
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | April 2015 - Japan

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 AM   #3259
padalyn
Truth is stranger than fiction - you really can't make this stuff up!

Quote:
Thanks, I honestly didn't realize it was that big of a deal, I tend to put off medical things and refuse to look at internet for info (boss swore she had brain tumor cuz that is what internet said, turned out it was a B-12 defincancy)..I couldn't find a doctor to take me yesterday morning (won't even let me explain issue since I would be a new patient), earliest was 2/22! So I went to urgent care and after more bloodwork they sent me to a hematolgist. My levels were a little higher so they said I didn't need a transfusion, still trying to figure out what is causing it. A sick day equals one less vacation day But as my boss said, at least your are alive to take the remaining vacation days! Also, they told me not to shave so for the sake of everyone on the cruise ship, I hope that gets lifted! Or I might just fit right in in Spain! !
you could check out waxing! You just don't want to risk a cut as you won't stop bleeding. Keep us posted.
Oct - our one year anniversary - the last of 7 trips to celebrate our first year of marriage! (part 7)
2/15/15:.....Magic Cruise
5/15/15:...EBTA northern itinerary
July 2015....Vero Beach for turtle watch!
Nov 2015.....family trip to WDW for Thanksgiving
Past trips: .. .. .. WDW: (no longer counting). . . . . . . . .DLR:5 . . . . . . . . . .DLP:2 . . . . . . . . .The rest? not planned yet!
. .Cruises.(27 with total nights: 191)[Fantasy x3; Dream x4; Magic x12; Wonder x9]. . ABD:Imperial Cities
.DVC member since 2001
Oct 12, 2013: our handfasting day!!!! The most important day of my life.
2012:My Grand Slam!.. .. .. .. 4 - 3 - 2 - 1....4 ships, 3 ports, 2 coasts, in 1 year!!
Old 01-30-2013, 06:51 AM   #3260
gonecrusin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Also, they told me not to shave so for the sake of everyone on the cruise ship, I hope that gets lifted! Or I might just fit right in in Spain!

Lucky you! I got the opposite, no booze for me Also hope that is lifted before the cruise!
Tell you what, I'm not going to shave either until you can. We can be hairy twins. Maybe even start a new fad.

I'm on drinking restrictions too and sure hope that is lifted by the cruise.

I love to do laundry

DVC since 1994 (OKW & AKL & BLT & VGC)
1994-2010 too many to list
2011 AKV/DCL(Alaska)/AKV/OKW
2012 VGC Disneyland/DCL Fantasy
2013 DCL Magic EBTA (DCL #13) and London
2014 Aulani
2015 Magic EBTA (Northern route)
Old 01-30-2013, 07:54 AM   #3261
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post

My new favorite pirate tee!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Tell you what, I'm not going to shave either until you can. We can be hairy twins. Maybe even start a new fad.

I'm on drinking restrictions too and sure hope that is lifted by the cruise.
DH isn't too hip on me joining you on the hairy side, but I can sit with you on the sober side
Old 01-30-2013, 08:03 AM   #3262
ThePedersonFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Your DD3 and I will get along just FINE! I love FE chocolate of all varieties and we bring the chocolate-covered macadamia nuts!
I want to be on your FE list!!! Yummo!!!
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 AM   #3263
mboekhoff
Mouseketeer

Quote:

LOL, now we need someone to be the 5 fingered man!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #3264
Yvet
♫ She is a dancing queen ♪ One of the Netherpeople
Has quite a unique FE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin

Okay this is TMI...... ;-)

Upcomming Trip:
WDW: May 9th 2013
DCL: May 18th EBTA

Previous Trips:
ABD: 2011 (Backstage Magic)
DCL: 2008 (Western) - 2009 (PCC1.0) - 2010 (EBTA, MED, PCC2.0) - 2012 (PCC3.0, PCC4.0)
DL, 2000 - 2006 - 2011.
DLRP, 1995 - 1996 - 2002 - 2003 - 2007 - 2008 - 2011 - 2012.
WDW, 1999 - 2005 - 2006 - 2007 - 2008 (april/may + dec) - 2009 (april/may + dec) - 2010 (april/may + dec) - 2011 (april/may + dec) - 2012 (June + Dec).
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #3265
valbob89
DIS Veteran

I heard back from the shirt guys and here is what they said:
"We can definitely make the deadline if we proceed to the order in the next 2-3 weeks.

Val, we would really like to do this for you and I hope you recognize that these are very unique and special shirts that are not run of the mill shirts we normally produce. We are still absorbing additional costs over and above what we would normally have on a shirt without a border or single print image on the back.

Please let me know if you would like to proceed and we will get started right away."

I called Becky cause I said I need specific costs. She explained to me that our design, a border at the bottom and a large image on the back, takes twice the material then if we just had a repeating pattern like most of their orders use. The images also have a lot more colors then the usual 6, more like 15. Lastly, the they will have to create patterns just for us.

Bottom-line, they cost a lot more then if we just ordered a shirt with a logo all over it. The cost, if we order a minimum of 50 shirts would be about $55 a piece. Then there would be the individual shipping cost to mail them to each of you.

I don't know if we would have enough interest at this price. Can I get some input? I think they would be beautiful and a lot less then the shirts could buy on the ship - BUT .

I could work on a design that is just a repeating logo, less complex but I got the sense the group didn't want this.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:49 AM   #3266
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

I'm sure they will be beautiful Val. However, at that kind of price they are definitely outside of my budget. I'm perhaps not representative of others though, am a single parent on a fairly limited budget, so the consensus of others may be that they want to go ahead.

Is the design something that could be made available for people to download and make into a t-shirt themselves using iron on transfers or vista print etc? Or do people specifically want the shirt?
Old 01-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #3267
DisneyMouseHouse

Help! I am a DIS Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post
I'm sure they will be beautiful Val. However, at that kind of price they are definitely outside of my budget. I'm perhaps not representative of others though, am a single parent on a fairly limited budget, so the consensus of others may be that they want to go ahead.

Is the design something that could be made available for people to download and make into a t-shirt themselves using iron on transfers or vista print etc? Or do people specifically want the shirt?
Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
I heard back from the shirt guys and here is what they said:
"We can definitely make the deadline if we proceed to the order in the next 2-3 weeks.

Bottom-line, they cost a lot more then if we just ordered a shirt with a logo all over it. The cost, if we order a minimum of 50 shirts would be about $55 a piece. Then there would be the individual shipping cost to mail them to each of you.

I don't know if we would have enough interest at this price. Can I get some input? I think they would be beautiful and a lot less then the shirts could buy on the ship - BUT .

I could work on a design that is just a repeating logo, less complex but I got the sense the group didn't want this.
I posted on the FB, but will also give my (same) opinion here -
I think that even with the cost, I would be interested - it's unique, and yes, much less than the "standard" DCL shirts that you can buy on ship that are much less unique. They are wonderfully designed, and well worth it - I know I'd wear mine even after the cruise.......and so would my DH.

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it."

Our Travels
Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #3268
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyshopper View Post

Completely understand. Here is a link to my Flicker page. It has the images, and other.

Feel free to use. If you need help downloading, let me know.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rmvandy...7630135067532/
Old 01-30-2013, 11:20 AM   #3269
valbob89
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMouseHouse View Post
I posted on the FB, but will also give my (same) opinion here -
I think that even with the cost, I would be interested - it's unique, and yes, much less than the "standard" DCL shirts that you can buy on ship that are much less unique. They are wonderfully designed, and well worth it - I know I'd wear mine even after the cruise.......and so would my DH.

Thanks. There is a minimum order amount of 50. If we had that many I would be happy to do it.

Val
Old 01-30-2013, 11:21 AM   #3270
Ladyshopper
Mouseketeer

Thank you Val, much appreciated. I can add it to the ever growing list of t-shirts I need to make!!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: