Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #2791
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyNewfie View Post
This is what we're dealing with right now and it's brrrr.... The dog never minds though.
Your dog is absolutely beautiful. The snow is pretty too.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
Old 01-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #2792
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post
Looks like our cruise plans are currently on hold. My sister is currently going though a nasty and bitter divorce and her kids passports expire in May. Her (almost ex) will not sign the paperwork needed to get the kid's passports renewed. We don't want to cruise without them so as of right now, we will not be cruising. Hopefully a miracle will happen and we will ALL be able to join you but as of right now, it is not looking good. I don't understand how people who were married for ten years and raised two amazing kids could have such hatred for each other. In the end, it is my niece and nephew who will suffer by missing out on this cruise and other trips. My former brother-in-law is European and the kids spend their summers overseas and my sister says if he doesn't sign the paperwork for this trip, she won't sign the passport papers till they are 18, which means they will miss out on seeing their father's family overseas.
Oh no. I hope everything works out and your family is able to join us.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2014 ~ Grand Californian CL 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #2793
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
Sorry I haven't been giving you updates on the shirts. Bob has been having some major medical issues that are still not resolved. However, we've paid the cruise in full and are proceeding with the thought we are going. I have sent an e-mail to Becky asking about the final pricing and dates for the shirts. I've also sent her updated images. Will let you all know as soon as I hear back and determine if we have enough interest to order. If there is, I'll post images with the order forms.

I also adjusted the images for a tee shirt. I ordered one from Vista and I was pleased with the results. Here is a copy of the image:

If anyone wants to copy it, I can either help get it moved to Vista for you or you can get it from my Flicker page. Flicker has better resolution then if you copy it from here. I can also edit the image, adding text, or almost anything else. I can talk with Vistaprints about setting up an account for our group, if there is interest, I've done it before.
Welcome back! Sending prayers for a speedy recovery. I know firsthand chronic medical issues are no fun.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #2794
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Looks like our cruise plans are currently on hold. My sister is currently going though a nasty and bitter divorce and her kids passports expire in May. Her (almost ex) will not sign the paperwork needed to get the kid's passports renewed. We don't want to cruise without them so as of right now, we will not be cruising. Hopefully a miracle will happen and we will ALL be able to join you but as of right now, it is not looking good. I don't understand how people who were married for ten years and raised two amazing kids could have such hatred for each other. In the end, it is my niece and nephew who will suffer by missing out on this cruise and other trips. My former brother-in-law is European and the kids spend their summers overseas and my sister says if he doesn't sign the paperwork for this trip, she won't sign the passport papers till they are 18, which means they will miss out on seeing their father's family overseas.
Oh no! Ugh.
Old 01-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #2795
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
This is what we're dealing with right now and it's brrrr.... The dog never minds though.
That picture makes my heart melt!! My most recent dog was my baby. B.A.B.Y. Hear that? Sweet sable sheltie. Hubby had to practically ask my dog for my hand in marriage, but he still asked my daddy, too That sweetie passed away when my youngest was two months old, and my oldest still asks for another. We keep saying after this cruise....
Old 01-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #2796
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
That picture makes my heart melt!! My most recent dog was my baby. B.A.B.Y. Hear that? Sweet sable sheltie. Hubby had to practically ask my dog for my hand in marriage, but he still asked my daddy, too That sweetie passed away when my youngest was two months old, and my oldest still asks for another. We keep saying after this cruise....
Oh wait - there was snow in that picture? I just saw that sweet face!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 06:05 PM   #2797
twopeasonepod
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Cuuute! Your dog would be sweating here -- it's 81 and "real feel" is 88!

Old 01-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #2798
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Oh, no

I hope that it works out. Mostly, I hope that your sister and her ex can amicably work together for the sake of their kids.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #2799
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecrusin View Post
Castaway Cay is my favorite port. Never had a bad day there even if it rained or was cloudy. Just so peaceful and beautiful.
We are all so excited about finally seeing it! I know we'll have a blast (and here's to hoping we don't miss that port )
Old 01-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #2800
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:

That dog is gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Is that your dog?! I demand you book it a place on the cruise!
Good post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Cuuute! Your dog would be sweating here -- it's 81 and "real feel" is 88!
I want to sweat there with the dog
Old 01-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #2801
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
I'm sorry for your loss. Our pets really do become a part of the family.
Old 01-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #2802
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Quote:
Originally Posted by valbob89 View Post
Sorry I haven't been giving you updates on the shirts. Bob has been having some major medical issues that are still not resolved. However, we've paid the cruise in full and are proceeding with the thought we are going. I have sent an e-mail to Becky asking about the final pricing and dates for the shirts. I've also sent her updated images. Will let you all know as soon as I hear back and determine if we have enough interest to order. If there is, I'll post images with the order forms.

I also adjusted the images for a tee shirt. I ordered one from Vista and I was pleased with the results. Here is a copy of the image:

If anyone wants to copy it, I can either help get it moved to Vista for you or you can get it from my Flicker page. Flicker has better resolution then if you copy it from here. I can also edit the image, adding text, or almost anything else. I can talk with Vistaprints about setting up an account for our group, if there is interest, I've done it before.
So glad to hear you're still coming. I'm so sorry, though, that you're dealing with health problems. I hope that they resolve and you're able to happily cruise and enjoy yourselves.
Old 01-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #2803
ThePedersonFamily
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I am so sorry!! I feel for you, your sister and your niece and nephew...divorce sucks!! I went through one 15 years ago, it was yucky and no children were involved...I can't imagine going through it now with our girls. Luckily I am blessed with a fantastic husband (for 12 years) and we work hard to make our marriage strong...but man it's not easy!! You sister and family will be in my thoughts...I'm sending lots of positive energy your way!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 09:18 PM   #2804
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twopeasonepod View Post
Yay! Thanks so much for doing this!

We are totally in (for the boys), but I had a couple of suggestions:

1) I think four gifts is too much. Not because of the number of gifts, but because of the $ limit. I think it's hard to find four gifts

under $30 (unless one is like a

candy bar or something. We had a $25 limit last cruise and got some really random cheapo things from

our SM. I'd rather get one "good" thing and a couple of little things. JMO. Or raise the limit

I think the more specific we can be, the better we can ensure that the kiddos will be happy.

I'll wait to send a PM until we finalize the info part!
Yeah I agree. I'd rather not be restricted in how many gifts I have to buy. With adults it's so much harder, with children I think you could manage ok.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #2805
Kirbo
Runs with Scissors

Ok, I'm not seeing the shirt design that ValBob posted. It's just a blank area. But when I quoted her I saw that there's text there, I just can't see it. Am I the only one? What am I doing wrong :hauntedlaptop:?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: