Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #2641
Kirbo
Whovian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binkytell View Post
Do you think he is worried about the people your mixing with here on
The Dis, that on our 1st sea day were all meeting in our pj's
You make us all sound crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
I'm traveling without my DH for this cruise, just my two youngest DDs. I'm also a SAHM, so my problem is that I tend to talk too much because I'm just THRILLED to be around other adults!!
Come sit with us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl View Post
Okay - a few of us are researching lanyards now and had a question about the name of the group. We will try to incorporate that into the lanyard as well as the insert that goes into the badge holder.

There was discussion about this recently as none of us could remember where the name came from or had it been decided on as a group.

Keep what is already in place? Choose a new one? Suggestions?

On a Magical Transatlantic Journey - current website name

Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana -- one I had placed on a tshirt graphic that got some comments

Other ideas??
"Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Texas to Espana" I really like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyra's mommy View Post
I am in total support of "Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas from Espana". I think that's really cute.

Can the rest of our cruisers please let your thoughts be known on picking a name? I'd love to hear what you all think and if you have any ideas too.
It's got my vote.

Quote:
You know... that is a very good point, Sarah. I did see several who ended up using their own or the silver/gold/platinum lanyard with the piece of paper inside for DIS. The badge holders seem to remain consistent from cruise to cruise... as far as sizing... and we have someone on the Magic this week so could verify. Heck, even if someone wanted to keep their key in one badge holder but nice printout in another, the clips easily hold two and you can pick those holders up for a dollar at Walmart, etc. Printing our own would take out the part of sending donations, making sure we have enough funds, etc. Could easily upload a file, have names/cabins on it, and people print just their page if they don't know how to change name. I know my color printer isn't the best and I printed FE labels and such at FedEx Kinkos in the past.

Definitely a great thought to consider, Sarah!
This might be a better idea. After looking into the lanyards, I'm a bit shocked by the prices. If we had more folks that were willing to "donate" for them it'd make sense, but I think only a few of us have agreed to chip in (I hope I was one that offered to chip in ), it might be a bit dear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink1987 View Post
Erm...yeah *worried*

:-D
Old 01-19-2013, 06:24 PM   #2642
WVURunner
DIS Veteran

Gibraltar currency

Just as warning to all so no one else makes my stupid mistake:

Gibraltar's currency is the pound sterling, not the Euro! Big conversion mistake, opps. Glad I caught myself as I was doing the math...
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #2643
txaggie94gigem
Cruisin' with Disney
Water is #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

Gibraltar's currency is the pound sterling, not the Euro! Big conversion mistake, opps. Glad I caught myself as I was doing the math...
When we went on this cruise to Gilbraltar in 2007 no credit cards would work!!! So make sure you carry cash too....several disers had to borrow money from each other to pay their restaurant bill!
Disney Magic 8 day Bahamas April 26, 2013; Disney Magic Anniversary cruise Feb 5, 2013; WDW 2012; Universal 2011 (the shame!); Disney Dream Dec 2011; Disney Dream Maiden Voyage Jan 2011; WDW Dec 2010; WDW June 2010; WDW May 2009; Disney Magic May 2008 Panama Canal; Disney Magic May 12, 2007 1st Transatlantic Crossing to the Med; Disney Magic Nov 2006 Castaway Cay Double Dip; Disneyland June 2006; Disney Magic Oct 2005; Disney Wonder Nov 2004; WDW Nov 2004; WDW Jan 1993; WDW May 1988

Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 PM   #2644
Grandma x3
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaseyC View Post
Could someone explain it to me like I'm a 1st grader what organizing the Palo Group Brunch entails. I'm not the best organizer in the world but if it's not too complicated, I may take it on.
I'll take it on with you - what do you think?

Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #2645
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody73 View Post
Not wanting to step on any toes here, but shouldn't it be:

Taking the Magic Across the Atlantic... From Tejas to Espana

Woody
Absolutely. Definitely a typo --- my tshirt graphics have it correct though (whew!)
Old 01-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #2646
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbo View Post
This might be a better idea. After looking into the lanyards, I'm a bit shocked by the prices. If we had more folks that were willing to "donate" for them it'd make sense, but I think only a few of us have agreed to chip in (I hope I was one that offered to chip in ), it might be a bit dear.
Very good point. So many variables - each company different with minimum order, set up fee, color fee, etc. What people voted several months ago versus the number who actually follow through in donating... I can't be eating the cost. The inserts allow anyone to use the lanyard they choose but identifiable with the common insert (of course with DIS name on it and real first name underneath smaller). The only population this does not hit is first time DCL cruisers who will need to either bring their own lanyard, use the one they use for WDW, purchase one onboard (about $8), or purchase one in advance.

And Sarah - look at you - coming up with that on such little sleep! You rock!
Old 01-19-2013, 07:53 PM   #2647
kcashner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Ok, collect names of those who would like to dine as a group in private room at palo for brunch, minimum of 14 people.

Send in fax to dcl requesting private dining for x number of guests on whatever date with names and room/reservation
number.

Simple as long as. people commit and don't cancel last minute.

We had a great time at ours, especially fab for those adults who are travelling alone but would still like to eat at Palo.

Yummy ��������palo pizza
Are you sure it is MINIMUM 14? When we had dinner there it was MAX 14.

I did price the last 8 nights out of Galveston....it would cost more for those 8 nights than for the 14! Yeah, don't think that's gonna happen for us.

Last edited by kcashner; 01-19-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:07 PM   #2648
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcashner View Post
Are you sure it is MINIMUM 14? When we had dinner there it was MAX 14.

I did price the last 8 nights out of Galveston....it would cost more for those 8 nights than for the 14! Yeah, don't think that's gonna happen for us.

minimum and max of 14
Old 01-19-2013, 08:25 PM   #2649
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
minimum and max of 14
It might even be min of 12 max of 14 if I recall from WBTA.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #2650
binkytell
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It might even be min of 12 max of 14 if I recall from WBTA.
Lol Rings a bell 🙊
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 PM   #2651
kaseyC

Mother of Three Lovely Princesses
DVC Owner - BWV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandma x3 View Post
I'll take it on with you - what do you think?
I'm up for it. Let's do it!! The group brunch is always a good time.
BC/ Disney Wonder 2000 ~ Poly Concierge 2002 ~ BC Concierge 2003 ~ SSR 2004 ~ BWV 2005 ~ WL Concierge 2006 ~ Disney Wonder/BWV 2006 ~ BWV 2007 ~ Disney Magic Trans-Atlantic Repo 2007 ~ Disney Magic W. Caribbean 2007 ~ AKV 2008 ~ BWV F&WF 2008 ~ Poly CL 2008/2009 ~ BCV/ Disney Magic E. Caribbean 2009 ~ BWV 2010 ~ AKV/ Disney Dream B2B 2011~ BW Flower & Garden Weekend 2011 ~ BLT 2012 ~ Disney Fantasy E. Caribbean 2012 ~ Disney Magic EBTA 2013 ~ Disneyland Paris 2013

Old 01-19-2013, 09:19 PM   #2652
woody73
Enjoyed the Pumpkinmen
Never liked the idea of using a snorkel after someone else

Gibraltar currency

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner View Post

. . . Gibraltar's currency is the pound sterling, not the Euro!
Quote:
Originally Posted by txaggie94gigem View Post

When we went on this cruise to Gilbraltar in 2007 no credit cards would work!!! So make sure you carry cash too....several disers had to borrow money from each other to pay their restaurant bill!
I've been to Gibraltar a few times. The official currency is the Gibraltar pound (GIP).

You can use the British pound in Gibraltar, but not vice versa. In other words, Gibraltar pounds are not accepted anywhere else, including Great Britain.

So, if you receive change, ask for it in British pounds.

Woody
Old 01-19-2013, 11:56 PM   #2653
MandyGirl
DIS Veteran

FYI for anyone who likes to order things from VistaPrint... they are having one of their many sales this weekend: 50% off and free shipping if $50 or more. If making tshirts for your family, reordering business cards, etc, thought I would throw that out there. They do charge if uploading an image - normally $5 but made it $2.49. I have images out there from previous years so could add under "advanced editing" and re-use previous images with no upload fee.

For kid shirts I have always done Hobby Lobby and iron-on transfers from AmyMickey dot com, but for the $6 rate with VistaPrint gave it a shot with their sale. Hoping their sizing is true to what's stated - will share after they come in for anyone else ordering kiddos a shirt.

Hope this helps someone out there!
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 AM   #2654
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVURunner

Yep because it's part of the UK

Luckily our normal debit cards will just work there.
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Old 01-20-2013, 03:49 AM   #2655
Tink1987
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyGirl
FYI for anyone who likes to order things from VistaPrint... they are having one of their many sales this weekend: 50% off and free shipping if $50 or more. If making tshirts for your family, reordering business cards, etc, thought I would throw that out there. They do charge if uploading an image - normally $5 but made it $2.49. I have images out there from previous years so could add under "advanced editing" and re-use previous images with no upload fee.

For kid shirts I have always done Hobby Lobby and iron-on transfers from AmyMickey dot com, but for the $6 rate with VistaPrint gave it a shot with their sale. Hoping their sizing is true to what's stated - will share after they come in for anyone else ordering kiddos a shirt.

Hope this helps someone out there!
Thanks for that - will check it out against the UK prices and see what their international shipping is like!
April 2005 - Disneyland Paris - Santa Fe | June 2006 - Lanzarote | June 2007 - Cyprus | March 2008 - New York | November 2008 - Mexico | June 2009 - Cuba | December 2009 - Orlando - International Drive | April 2010 - Marrakech | August 2011 - Bruges | March 2012 - Paris and Disneyland Paris - Sequoia Lodge | June 2012 - Norway Fjords on the P&O Azura | August 2012 - Amsterdam | September 2012 - Berlin and Budapest | May 2013 - Eastbound Transatlantic on the Disney Magic | August 2013 - Ghent, Antwerp and Bruges | January 2014 - Road Trip from Las Vegas to Los Angeles | May 2014 - Disneyland Paris | September 2014 - Orlando - WDW's Saratoga Springs | December 2014 - Bruges | July 2015 - Northern European Capitals on the Disney Magic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/markcollettephotos/
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: