Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Budget Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
bargirl95
Earning My Ears

Target Disney Gift Cards Back in Stock

Just bought disney gift cards on target.com using my redcard. Have been waiting for them two come back in stock for a few weeks. Went through quickrewards. You get $1.95 back for each $50 card.
bargirl95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #2
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by bargirl95 View Post
Just bought disney gift cards on target.com using my redcard. Have been waiting for them two come back in stock for a few weeks. Went through quickrewards. You get $1.95 back for each $50 card.
Thank you for posting this. I had been waiting for them to come back in stock and had just checked yesterday afternoon.

I had some Target GCs and I had heard that if you combine Target GCs with your REDCard to pay for them online, the REDCard 5% discount comes off before the GC payment. When you do it at the B&M store, the GCs are applied first and you only get the discount off of the remaining balance. It worked just like the PP had said it would!

I ordered 2 $50 Disney GCs and paid with $45 in Target GCs and my REDCard. The website took $5 off for the REDCard discount immediately and then took the other $45 off from the GCs. Shipping is free when you use your REDCard, so I paid a total of $50 OOP for $100 in Disney GCs! Plus, I went through ebates, so I should be getting another $2 cash back!

Marionnette is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
livndisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marionnette View Post
Thank you for posting this. I had been waiting for them to come back in stock and had just checked yesterday afternoon.

I had some Target GCs and I had heard that if you combine Target GCs with your REDCard to pay for them online, the REDCard 5% discount comes off before the GC payment. When you do it at the B&M store, the GCs are applied first and you only get the discount off of the remaining balance. It worked just like the PP had said it would!

I ordered 2 $50 Disney GCs and paid with $45 in Target GCs and my REDCard. The website took $5 off for the REDCard discount immediately and then took the other $45 off from the GCs. Shipping is free when you use your REDCard, so I paid a total of $50 OOP for $100 in Disney GCs! Plus, I went through ebates, so I should be getting another $2 cash back!
Will you still get the 2.00 from ebates when it says this- "Exclusions: Cash back is not available on Baby Care (diapering, feeding, toiletries), Gift Cards & Prepaid Cards. "
livndisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star
I stop in the middle and make others step over me while pretending not to understand English

Quote:
Originally Posted by livndisney View Post
Will you still get the 2.00 from ebates when it says this- "Exclusions: Cash back is not available on Baby Care (diapering, feeding, toiletries), Gift Cards & Prepaid Cards. "
Usually they mean GCs for the particular store that you are making your purchase from. IOW, purchasing a Target GC from Target would result in no cash back but buying an iTunes GC or a Disney GC from Target should.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:13 PM   #5
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info!
Old 07-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #6
patita71
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Hello
At what point during the checkout process do you see the giftcards being applied? I went through the process but the total listed was $47.50 (one $50 GC) even though the system accepted the giftcards. I don't know if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks!
Old 07-24-2013, 09:06 AM   #7
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by patita71 View Post
Hello
At what point during the checkout process do you see the giftcards being applied? I went through the process but the total listed was $47.50 (one $50 GC) even though the system accepted the giftcards. I don't know if I am doing something wrong.
Thanks!
My guess would be that you're trying to purchase one $50 Disney GC using a $50 Target GC and then also expect to get the REDCard discount when you're not actually using the REDCard to pay for anything.

Try adding some small item that costs a few dollars to see what happens. Your purchase needs to exceed the price of the Target GC in order to have the REDCard to be used as a second form of payment and to get the 5% off.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #8
patita71
Mouseketeer

My giftcard was only $10. At what point during checkout do you see the giftcard being applied?
Old 07-24-2013, 09:56 AM   #9
Marionnette
Wishing On A Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by patita71 View Post
My giftcard was only $10. At what point during checkout do you see the giftcard being applied?
Okay. I misunderstood what you'd said in your PP.

The Target GC #s were entered prior to adding my other form of payment. When I added my REDCard as a form of payment for the remaining balance, that's when the 5% discount and free shipping showed in the total.

TBH, I cannot recall the exact point during the checkout process that it showed that the GCs had been applied to the order other than when I entered the GC #s and hit the "apply" button. Even then, it did not come off of the total price listed to the right of the screen. In fact, my email confirmation shows the total price as $95.00. However, when I check the order details on Target's website, it shows all 3 GCs and my REDCard as having been used as forms of payment.

Old 07-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #10
patita71
Mouseketeer

Ohhh ok, perfect! Thats exactly what happened but since I didn't see the total taking the gift cards into account, even though I hit apply, I cancelled the transaction. Thanks so much!
Old 07-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #11
Kitikat
Mouseketeer

When you shop through Shop at home dot com you get 3% cash back compared to Ebates is only 2%.
Kathie (IrishDadx4's Wife) Commando #57
ME DH DD 22yr DS 19yr(Our Marine) DS 15yr DD 12yr

8/09 Pop FD
12/09 ASMu FQSD {DAP}
8/10 POP taking Nana FD
12/10 POP 20th anniversary trip & PCCruise 2.0
8/11 FREE Dinning!!
8/12 Free Dinning Again!!
8/13 Free Dinning Pin Again!!
Kitikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #12
SUSIEQ
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Has the 2% posted to your ebates account yet? I'm beginning to think that I won't be getting the 2% since they are gift cards. (Even though I know Target considers them entertainment cards.)
Old 07-27-2013, 01:22 PM   #13
momminnie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUSIEQ View Post

Has the 2% posted to your ebates account yet? I'm beginning to think that I won't be getting the 2% since they are gift cards. (Even though I know Target considers them entertainment cards.)
I don't know if this question has been addressed earlier or not. If it has please forgive me. My husband won a $100 visa GC @ work. Can I purchase Disney GC with it at Targat?
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL, 2009 PORS, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014 (my 10th visit to the happiest place on earth)
momminnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #14
bohemian74
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by momminnie View Post
I don't know if this question has been addressed earlier or not. If it has please forgive me. My husband won a $100 visa GC @ work. Can I purchase Disney GC with it at Targat?
you should be able to use it anywhere to buy a disney gc, but you wouldn't get any benefit of using it at target (the 5% discount is from the redcard).

DH Me DD (7)
DS (2) DS (2)
bohemian74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 07:34 PM   #15
momminnie
Mouseketeer

Thank you for your post. I was mainly asking about Target because that is where I will be going shopping. Thanks again,
My Disney trips: 1st trip 1986-off site, DS1 1st trip 1993-off site,1996-off site, 2001 DH & DS2 1st trip ASMU, 2002 PORS, 2007 WL, 2009 PORS, 2010 CBR, 2012 POL POFQ 2014 (my 10th visit to the happiest place on earth)
momminnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: