Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #16
ACDSNY

No freaking out allowed
Just flying by

The picture for my countdown is from the beach at Aulani, I'd be happy to share.

Disneyland - Too many to count! Last DL trip: May 2013 WDW - Nov 2011, Nov 2009, May 2007, Oct 2006, July 2006, Oct 2005, Oct 2003, Oct 2000
DCL - S. Caribbean Oct 2014 Magic, E. Caribbean Nov 2013 Fantasy, Mexican Riviera Mar 2012 Wonder, Bahamas B2B Nov 2011 Dream, Panama Canal Jan 2011 Wonder, Bahamas Nov 2009 Wonder
Princess - Panama Canal Jan 2014, Pacific Coast May 2006, Alaska Sep 2004, Mar 1999 Australia/New Zealand
Big Island - May 2013 Kauai - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012, Feb 2010, Oct 2008 Maui - Jan & Nov 2012 Oahu Aulani - Jun 2014, Jan & Dec 2012
ACDSNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:00 PM   #17
jekjones1558
Always happy at Disney

What fun to anticipate! Your DD is a lucky girl.
Do you already have a car rented in Kona? The drive to Volcano park takes a while from Kona. I hope that you are able to get some sleep during your flight to Hawaii.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #18
franandaj

Sharing adventures and good times
My heart is forever given to Fran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Do you already have a car rented in Kona? The drive to Volcano park takes a while from Kona. I hope that you are able to get some sleep during your flight to Hawaii.
They're taking a helicopter tour to the volcanoes! How cool is that? I never thought of that, we are planning a trip to the Big Island and Aulani (was going to be 2013, but now pushed back). Previously I could never afford things like helicopters, but in my current situation it isn't completely out of the question. I thought we would drive there and stay at Volcano House so that we had the stamina to do the loop drive around the Volcano National Park.

CJ, does the helicopter land at any point so that you get a chance to check out any of the stops on the tour or is it all flyover?
Alison ~~~~ A Haunting, plundering, and Fiesta Caliente | Our Disney Dream Home|Sleepy and Grumpy Visit Tatooine |Keep Your Eyes on the Road | I do get to go to WDW this year! | Expo 2013 | ...It's How You Play the Game | We need a little Magic... | TR - Pinch me... | Destination D-75 TR | It'll be a WONDER ... | Cheating on Mickey w/ Harry, PTR | D23 Expo 2011 TR | D23 D40 WDW in Detail | DCA F&W Review | Jan 2010 DR Visits 2015: VGC, VWL, DCL 2014: VGC, CSR, VGF, DCL 2013: VWL, BCV, DCL, AKL, BLT, VGC, 2012: VGC, DCL, 2011: VGC, BLT, OKW 2010: THV, AKV, VGC, 2009: BWV 2008: SSR, 2007: AKL & GF, 2001: AKL, BC & DCL 1997: DXL & WL 1993: GF, DL Too many to count since 1973!

franandaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #19
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
I actually prefer Blue Bayou for lunch. They serve the Monte Cristo for lunch only and you can't enjoy your evening cocktail for dinner when you eat there. However, the only real reason to eat there is for the ambience. The food is overpriced for the view.

If you just want a Monte Cristo they have them at Cafe Orleans, and they even offer a vegetarian version for several dollars less.
May do Cafe Orleans instead because I do like the Monte Cristo. We did Blue Bayou years ago when the kid was about two. Not worrying about seeing all the attractions but there are a number of food choices I am going to have to skip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACDSNY View Post
The picture for my countdown is from the beach at Aulani, I'd be happy to share.
Hopefully I will get one just as nice when we are there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jekjones1558 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by franandaj View Post
They're taking a helicopter tour to the volcanoes! How cool is that? I never thought of that, we are planning a trip to the Big Island and Aulani (was going to be 2013, but now pushed back). Previously I could never afford things like helicopters, but in my current situation it isn't completely out of the question. I thought we would drive there and stay at Volcano House so that we had the stamina to do the loop drive around the Volcano National Park.

CJ, does the helicopter land at any point so that you get a chance to check out any of the stops on the tour or is it all flyover?
Not getting a car at Kona but will have one at Aluani. One of the reasons we are taking the Copter, is I still have issues walking long distances. She requested volcanos and this was the easiest way to see them. Pretty sure there are no stop offs during the tour. That would be cool though. Maybe I can bribe the pilot.
cj9200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:20 PM   #20
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

So excited for another Trip Report from you!!! What an amazing graduation gift but she has worked really hard. I can't wait to hear all about it! We went to DL in '2010 and had a 2 bdrm at the Grand Californian! It was a beautiful resort and I loved the fact you could walk right into DTD! Just laying by the pool was awesome too, it was so beautiful you almost forgot you were at DL!
ajf1007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #21
bzzelady
DIS Veteran

Signing up to read the pre trip, trip, and post trip reports!
Besides, you always take great pictures and I cannot wait to see your pictures from Hawaii and hear about the fun

Me DH DD14 DM
bzzelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:24 AM   #22
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajf1007 View Post
So excited for another Trip Report from you!!! What an amazing graduation gift but she has worked really hard. I can't wait to hear all about it! We went to DL in '2010 and had a 2 bdrm at the Grand Californian! It was a beautiful resort and I loved the fact you could walk right into DTD! Just laying by the pool was awesome too, it was so beautiful you almost forgot you were at DL!
AMY!!! (Excuse me CJ )

Yeah! So when's the big trip? Crap, let me try to remember. September? No, I didn't just rely on my rhyming. I think it is - forgive me if I'm way off.

Hope life is wonderful. (you too CJ )

CJ, catching up. I think I'll concentrate on the other for now. I'm exhausted from two days of reenacting Lebron's block and my Wade's (yes I can be anti- Heat and LOVE HIM IMMENSELY) oh so wonderful slam late in the game. Sighing. And then the Snores and OKW exhausted me for totally different reasons.

Oh and those Heat fans are weird. I'm ducking. They sit there sometimes like it's some afternoon game early in the season. Very bizarre.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:03 AM   #23
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaviolet View Post
AMY!!! (Excuse me CJ )

Yeah! So when's the big trip? Crap, let me try to remember. September? No, I didn't just rely on my rhyming. I think it is - forgive me if I'm way off.

CJ, catching up. I think I'll concentrate on the other for now. I'm exhausted from two days of reenacting Lebron's block and my Wade's (yes I can be anti- Heat and LOVE HIM IMMENSELY) oh so wonderful slam late in the game. Sighing. And then the Snores and OKW exhausted me for totally different reasons.

Oh and those Heat fans are weird. I'm ducking. They sit there sometimes like it's some afternoon game early in the season. Very bizarre.
Hey Lisa!!!!!! (sorry CJ - I'll make this quick!) All is great here! You have a great memory - yep September! Though I just threw a quick trip at the end of an unscheduled business trip to Orlando in August! Flying mom down on Thursday and booked room at POR - FQ for Thursday - Monday! Hope all is well with you and I'll see you over on CJ's other TR!
Old 06-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #24
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:
Can't wait. We have to slum it and only have a studio. Blew a lot of points for the 1BR at Aluani. The Disneyland part of the trip is really coming together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzzelady View Post
Signing up to read the pre trip, trip, and post trip reports!
Besides, you always take great pictures and I cannot wait to see your pictures from Hawaii and hear about the fun
On the picture front. We went to the Keys this weekend and she lost her camera on the first dive. Have to get a new one which is an added expense that I was not counting on.

Quote:
AMY!!! (Excuse me CJ )

Quote:
Hey Lisa!!!!!! (sorry CJ - I'll make this quick!) All is great here! You have a great memory - yep September! Though I just threw a quick trip at the end of an unscheduled business trip to Orlando in August! Flying mom down on Thursday and booked room at POR - FQ for Thursday - Monday! Hope all is well with you and I'll see you over on CJ's other TR!
Amy, you are welcome to post on any topic on any of my TRs. Lisa, I am not so sure.

Last day of DD's high school career is tomorrow. Graduation on Wednesday. Will not be able to update wither TR until later.
cj9200 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 06:17 PM   #25
Tinks "SS"
DIS Veteran

Congrats on her graduation. Hate that we won't have an update til later but totally understand. Can't wait for this trip report as well as the other ones.

me (Leigh Anne), DH (Bart), DS 12, DS10
Tinks "SS" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #26
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj9200 View Post
Lisa, I am not so sure.
Blowing kisses to Bosh as I type.

__________________________________________________ ________

Have a wonderful time CJ. It must seem like yesterday. Exciting time in her life.

Last edited by lisaviolet; 06-05-2012 at 10:27 PM.
lisaviolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 AM   #27
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can't wait. We have to slum it and only have a studio. Blew a lot of points for the 1BR at Aluani. The Disneyland part of the trip is really coming together.

Amy, you are welcome to post on any topic on any of my TRs. Lisa, I am not so sure.

Last day of DD's high school career is tomorrow. Graduation on Wednesday. Will not be able to update wither TR until later.
I think a studio in DL still be awesome!!! I just love that resort and I will say that FRANANDAJ (forgive me, but I do believe it was Alison) was a HUGE HUGE help to me when I planned the trip. Not only was it my first trip to DL, it was my first trip to Cali and she gave me great advice!!

HAHAHA! I'll try to stay on point here on your TR, it's tough though, I have been known to babble and babble about insignificant things. So, be careful what you allow me to say! Hey did you see the sparkly lights?
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM   #28
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
WOW! Congratulations on DD graduation!! I'm even proud and I've never met her!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #29
lisaviolet
Happy DVC Owner

Quote:
Though I just threw a quick trip at the end of an unscheduled business trip to Orlando in August! Flying mom down on Thursday and booked room at POR - FQ for Thursday - Monday! :
Forgot this last night -

Have a wonderful time Amy. I love POR. Nice.
Old 06-06-2012, 12:28 PM   #30
ajf1007
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Forgot this last night -

Have a wonderful time Amy. I love POR. Nice.
Thanks Lisa!! I'm pretty excited, I've never been to that resort and I've always wanted to try it! Tell me....when can I expect a new TR from you? I'm dieing over here! Can't you help a girl out!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: