Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #1201
kkelder24
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Tea Cups are back! WDW pulled their refurb!
THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER.
I'll be arriving on Monday and was so bummed about the teacups because when I was little I was really motion sick and my parents thought it best to not let me ride them and then when we went twice when I was an older teen, we either didn't have time to get to them or they were closed for refurb. So needless to say, I've been wanting to go on them since I was 5 and I'm 20 and was so bummed that I'd go again and miss them yet again but now I AM SO BEYOND HAPPY.
THANK YOU.<3
kkelder24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:31 PM   #1202
Eventer98
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattilee08 View Post
We leave in 12 days for 12 nights in Disneyworld. Taking our two boys 6 and 3 for our very first trip so excited! I was so happy watching the beautiful 70/80 degree weather, coming from the NW where it's been cold and rainy and now I see its suppose to rain ; ( rethinking what I need to pa k now. Any hope that it'll clear up or we get to go swimming? Does the rain come and go quickly or will or last all day like it does here??
We have gone the past 2 Jan and I don't remember a drop of rain. I also think those forecasts are dead wrong more then 4-5 days out. Don't worry about it. Just pack a sweatshirt and pants, for those cooler mornings and evenings, and you should be ok. Maybe some gloves too. My husband takes the kids in the pool..not for as long as in the summer but they still go in. Way too cold for me though..has to be in the 90's for me to get in!

(me) (DH) (DS)(DD) (DD)
I miss you Chris 6/23/75-10/14/12
Eventer98 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM   #1203
dalgal101
Mouseketeer

Checked in

I just checked in online. For some reason it wouldn't take my Chase Disney Card. I guess I will have to update it when I arrive plus add charging privileges. Put in a request for ground floor since I will have to have a scooter.
13 sleeps
dalgal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:56 PM   #1204
disneydreamingdebby
DVC Member

I was lurking as we are less than two weeks from WDW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jandkmom View Post
I knew your name looked familiar...I remember chatting with you about weather worries in Philly before a trip 2 years ago around this time! That was one hell of a flight for us- we got stuck with engine troubles and de-icing for 3 hours in Philly before being one of the last flights to leave before they closed the airport. Gotta love those surprise snowstorms! At least you don't have to deal with that this time. HAve a great trip!

I have to know; were you on the Southwest flight that waited for the flight to arrive from Pittsburg (the three hour de-icing)? If so, we flew to MCO together! My kids had a tough time waiting on the plane, but as soon as we took off, smooth flying!! I keep saying - no snow until February!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacup princess View Post
Last minute trip planned for Jan. 18-23! But I'm terrified of the flu. We haven't had it yet and illness ruined our last January trip. Am I testing fate to think it won't happen again? Anybody there that can give a coughing and wellness report on the people at the parks?
I am terrified that my family will get it before the trip. I better stock up on hand lotion; I am making everyone wash hands over and over!
disneydreamingdebby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:51 PM   #1205
jrhwmr
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
Tea Cups are back! WDW pulled their refurb!
Best News!! I just read this to my 3yo DD and she ran up and gave me a HUGE hug!

I always ride that one with the kids and get their picture on it together. It is so fun to see them age when I compare the pictures over the years.

We leave is 6 more days and I am trying to figure out what to pack. Do most people wear pants or shorts? We usually go in October.
jrhwmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:37 PM   #1206
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Got the flu this past week and am feeling fine now, so figure I am hopefully off the hook for our trip in 5 DAYS!!!!! So excited!!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #1207
lvjen777
disney ♥ addict

These countdown threads are so much fun.. Only 6 more sleeps for us! YC/Poly split 1-19 through 1-25.
Old 01-14-2013, 06:08 AM   #1208
scjo68
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhwmr View Post

We leave is 6 more days and I am trying to figure out what to pack. Do most people wear pants or shorts? We usually go in October.
I usually pack some of everything for January. We have take many January trips, and there are very warm days and cold days- within the same week. So I am packing shorts, pants, and capris. I am packing short-sleeve shirts and a jacket for layering. Also tucking in some gloves and a ear-warming headband. We have needed them some cold nights.

Pack something to wear in the rain. It may not rain at all-winter does not have the daily quick downpours that summer does in WDW. However, when it does rain, the rain sems to hang around for a good part of the day, and with the cooler temps the rain is less comfortable in the winter than in the summer.

Packing is a challenge for me this time- we have been going in August for the past several years. This is also the first time we are flying- which changes my packing method completely.

Can't wait!!!
Good Vacation wishes for everyone!!!
Aug. 2013 POP, Nov. 2013 CR, Aug. 2014 POP
scjo68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 09:09 AM   #1209
BlovesC
home is where the Yeti is!
When the ride attendants ask me to tug on the yellow strap on my seatbelt, I never do it. I just stare at them in defiance

Location: Originally Jersey Shore, now Central FL (hopefully not for much longer)

We check in tomorrow morning at ASMu! I'm really worried because it's our first value and there's some cheerleading competition taking over all three All-Stars resorts the entire time we're there. So hopefully we can make the best of it!
BlovesC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:13 AM   #1210
jandkmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I was lurking as we are less than two weeks from WDW!

I have to know; were you on the Southwest flight that waited for the flight to arrive from Pittsburg (the three hour de-icing)? If so, we flew to MCO together! My kids had a tough time waiting on the plane, but as soon as we took off, smooth flying!! I keep saying - no snow until February!

I am terrified that my family will get it before the trip. I better stock up on hand lotion; I am making everyone wash hands over and over!
No, we were on the US Air flight that sat on the runway for 3 hours due to engine trouble and de-icing (twice). My DS had strep and bronchitis (we didn't know the diagnosis until we got there and made a special birthday ER trip ) so the wait was extra miserable. We are doing the "no snow until Feb" chant in our house too!
Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM   #1211
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALMinVA View Post
Jan 26-Feb 2 for us at the YC! We always go the last week of January and I am counting the days now. Hoping for warm weather and lots of SUN!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by panda8899 View Post
Even though we live super close and my DH is a cast member we are staying at All Star Movies Jan 24-28. Disney offered a pretty good deal and we decided we needed a vacation even though it is super close to home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PISCESANGEL View Post
Yay, doing the single digit dance today!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvjen777 View Post
These countdown threads are so much fun.. Only 6 more sleeps for us! YC/Poly split 1-19 through 1-25.
& finally got y'all added

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #1212
dreamscometrue101
Mouseketeer

I can't believe I will be at WDW this time next week. I've been planning this trip for so long I never thought it would get here.

1/21 - 1/26 at POP!

dreamscometrue101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:56 PM   #1213
Spunky946
DIS Veteran

Omg 5 more days. I can't wait to get there. It's all i think about. Oh I am so obsessed. I keep checking the weather and I'm trying to keep us from getting sick.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #1214
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscometrue101 View Post
I can't believe I will be at WDW this time next week. I've been planning this trip for so long I never thought it would get here.

1/21 - 1/26 at POP!
& added

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #1215
babynala
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamscometrue101

1/21 - 1/26 at POP!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky946
Omg 5 more days. I can't wait to get there. It's all i think about. Oh I am so obsessed. I keep checking the weather and I'm trying to keep us from getting sick.
The last few days are so exciting. Have fun!

babynala is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: