Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #1066
soontobewed07
DIS Veteran

33 days here!!!! ADRs booked but may need changing not thrilled with all of them but my mom is coming and it's her first trip in 13 years and its our DDs 1st trip she'll be 6 months old .

Is it bad I'm already checking weather trends?
Old 12-13-2012, 08:03 PM   #1067
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
I have no idea, suggestions are welcome.
If you guys eat chinese, you can type up your own fortune and stick it a fortune cookie. I did this on our anniversary and my DW absolutely loved it, she still has the fortune

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-13-2012, 08:04 PM   #1068
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

End of the month trip means 43 days till we leave...ACK! Thank goodness for Christmas to keep us busy for awhile yet!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 PM   #1069
buzznina
DIS Veteran

Location: The White Sugar Beaches of the Florida Panhandle, Destin area. 7 hours away from the Magic Place.

Just added another day to our trip, now Jan 1 - 8

DW DH DD(9) DD(4)

AKL-SV(2), POLY, GF(CL), CR, POFQ(3), POR(6)(RGR(2)), CSR(10), CBR, FW CABINS, BW, POP(3), ASMU(2), ASSP, ASMO and DLH
buzznina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:56 PM   #1070
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzznina View Post
Just added another day to our trip, now Jan 1 - 8
Gotcha updated

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #1071
CammelleandBre
Mouseketeer

Thank you, for all the suggestions. Coming up with a reveal is way harder than I thought it would be.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:38 PM   #1072
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammelleandBre View Post
Thank you, for all the suggestions. Coming up with a reveal is way harder than I thought it would be.
On trip this last June, the WDW part of the trip was a surprise. We told the DS that we were going to stop and see DH's cousin on the way to Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. We would spend a night in Orlando, just b/c it was too far to get to Cocoa Beach. We wouldn't be doing WDW due to the cost. The day before we were due to check into the Pop Century, we checked into a hotel down the street from WDW. That night we went to Downtown Disney to see the new Men In Black movie, and we told the DSs that was the only Disney we could do that trip. The DH even had us stop into a candy store to get a "Disney fix". The next morning when we were "driving" to Cocoa Beach, we told the boys we were still going to Cocoa Beach only after we spent 5 days at WDW first. At first they were like, "mom, it's too expensive". Once we assured them that was the plan all along, they were like, "oh, that's cool." They were 13 & 14 at the time, so I was just glad they were at least happy about it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 12-14-2012, 03:54 PM   #1073
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Add me for January 2-8th at AKL please! I'm so excited that I was able to get AKL for a decent price.

There's been a lot of happy dancing around my house when the fiance isn't looking. He still doesn't know where we're staying!
Old 12-14-2012, 05:03 PM   #1074
kdog_1981
Mouseketeer

Awesome we are heading down on the Jan 2nd as well!

2011-Animal Kingdom Lodge
2013-BC
kdog_1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #1075
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
Add me for January 2-8th at AKL please! I'm so excited that I was able to get AKL for a decent price.

There's been a lot of happy dancing around my house when the fiance isn't looking. He still doesn't know where we're staying!
& added

Did you book a standard room or one of the savanna rooms? We were going to stay at the AKL /w an Arusha view for June 2013, but then I decided to shorten the trip. Since we'll only be going to the MK and Epcot I changed to the CR /w TPV. When I told my DH he actually got a little excited....about the bathroom when I showed him a room layout. On our last trip, we stay at the Pop Century and both hated the claustrophobic-ally tiny bathroom. When he saw the size of the bathrooms at the CR he was very happy.

Old 12-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #1076
BanditsMommy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added

Did you book a standard room or one of the savanna rooms? We were going to stay at the AKL /w an Arusha view for June 2013, but then I decided to shorten the trip. Since we'll only be going to the MK and Epcot I changed to the CR /w TPV. When I told my DH he actually got a little excited....about the bathroom when I showed him a room layout. On our last trip, we stay at the Pop Century and both hated the claustrophobic-ally tiny bathroom. When he saw the size of the bathrooms at the CR he was very happy.
Thank you!

I booked a standard view because it was over $1000 cheaper than standard view with the 35% discount. I've heard there are lots of viewing locations around the resort, so I hope that will satisfy my animal fix and make me feel like I'm not missing out! I might see if I can pay for an upgrade after a few days if I feel like I'm really missing something. Do you think I'd be able to do that?

PS. I'm SUPER jealous about CR. I've been dying to stay there, but my sensible side knows I just can't handle the cost yet.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #1077
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditsMommy View Post
Thank you!

I booked a standard view because it was over $1000 cheaper than standard view with the 35% discount. I've heard there are lots of viewing locations around the resort, so I hope that will satisfy my animal fix and make me feel like I'm not missing out! I might see if I can pay for an upgrade after a few days if I feel like I'm really missing something. Do you think I'd be able to do that?

PS. I'm SUPER jealous about CR. I've been dying to stay there, but my sensible side knows I just can't handle the cost yet.
Well, this is the last WDW trip we are taking for a while. The main reason is b/c I want to see the new Fantasyland. We're only doing 4 days, including arrival and departure. Luckily, we're driving so we can stay as long as we want to that last day. The arrival and third day, we'll do the MK. The 2nd and last day will be Epcot. It just makes sense for such a short trip, and only doing the MK and Epcot, having the monorail access.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #1078
Volne
Earning My Ears

I'll be going jan 19-25 and staying at BWV! Four 20 year olds in the world for a week, what awesome things are we planning?!
Volne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 08:07 AM   #1079
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volne
I'll be going jan 19-25 and staying at BWV! Four 20 year olds in the world for a week, what awesome things are we planning?!
I'm running a few Hunny-do errands for the DH this morning. I'll get ya added as soon as I get home.

Your trip does sound like a lot of fun!!

Old 12-17-2012, 10:02 PM   #1080
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

I posted on the other thread but am posting here. I was invited to a training in Orlando for work on the 8th and 9th of Jan. I am turning it into a trip and arriving on the 5th leaving on the 7th( but will still be in Orlando).

Is there any meet ups going on or anyone who wants an honorary family member!?? LOL! I need friends!

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: