Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #481
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

January really isn't THAT vital to do ADRs asap. You should generally be fine making your ADRs that evening, or on your lunch hour. I'd even say several days later should be fine, too.

With the new ADR policy ($10/pp for no shows at some meals), the number of ADRs seems to have gone down. I know I am making less ADRs than I did in the past, plus January is just less crowded.

The only exception might be BOG since it's brand new, but you won't be able to make ADRS for that until the end of the year.

Now if you are a huge party, only have 2 or 3 restaurants you want and no others or can only eat at a specific time, then yeah, you might want to conveniently be late to work that day. But even then, I honestly just don't think it is that vital.

I'm planning my July vacation and as of 2 weeks ago when I was still fiddling with ADRs, I found a lot of places still have openings this close.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #482
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningstar2807 View Post
I work at a bank and they don't allow just us tellers with internet o r I would do that.
I have always thought that would be such a great job. I love to count money. My in laws use to keep a 5 gallon water jug to save change and some bills for vacations. I would be in total Heaven when they would ask me to count it.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #483
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

I know this has probably been discussed here before, and I've probably asked it so I'm sorry but if I read it I forgot!! My 180+10 will be June 27th for ADRs. Will the January park schedule be out by then? I like to plan our ADRs around EMH and where we'll be each night.

I think this week I am going to book the room to make it feel more official
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:14 PM   #484
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtr_angel View Post
I know this has probably been discussed here before, and I've probably asked it so I'm sorry but if I read it I forgot!! My 180+10 will be June 27th for ADRs. Will the January park schedule be out by then? I like to plan our ADRs around EMH and where we'll be each night.

I think this week I am going to book the room to make it feel more official
Hopefully we'll see January schedule sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. They generally publish to the travel agent website about 6.5 months in advance or so. Or at least they try to!
Old 05-21-2012, 02:01 AM   #485
dtr_angel
You're really cute, but I have no idea what you are saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Hopefully we'll see January schedule sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. They generally publish to the travel agent website about 6.5 months in advance or so. Or at least they try to!
awesome thank you so much!!
June 1998 Offsite // June 2008 Pop Century // March 2009 Pop Century // August 2009 Wilderness Lodge // May 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge CL // May 2013 Art of Animation Nemo Suite // May 2014 Windsor Hills // October 2014 All Star Sports // December 2014 Grand Floridian, Beach Club & Windsor Hills
dtr_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 07:27 AM   #486
pkf4bucs
Mouseketeer

A travel agent on one of the facebook pages I am on for Marathon Weekend stated that she had received the rates for 2013 and they have gone up.
pkf4bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #487
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkf4bucs View Post
A travel agent on one of the facebook pages I am on for Marathon Weekend stated that she had received the rates for 2013 and they have gone up.
boooooooo! Actually, I expect all rates to increase every year at Disney. Don't like it but know that they will.

The only silver lining is that it makes my DVC purchase an even better deal!
Old 05-21-2012, 11:55 AM   #488
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Too soon to tell, but I may be going to Disney in January!! I'm still trying to iron out all the details with all the people involved!

I have always stayed off site and this trip will be no different. My grandparents rent a lovely house in Kissimmee and invite us down for a week or two every year. January 2013, I may end up staying the whole month with them! If everything goes as I hope, my mother and I have our own vehicle, AP, and just go commando through all the parks for the month.

I'm still planning for my first time being able to stay on site. After reading a lot of the TR on here, I want to go ASAP...but I want to be able to afford an amazing time...so it may be a year or two until that happens!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #489
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Too soon to tell, but I may be going to Disney in January!! I'm still trying to iron out all the details with all the people involved!

I have always stayed off site and this trip will be no different. My grandparents rent a lovely house in Kissimmee and invite us down for a week or two every year. January 2013, I may end up staying the whole month with them! If everything goes as I hope, my mother and I have our own vehicle, AP, and just go commando through all the parks for the month.

I'm still planning for my first time being able to stay on site. After reading a lot of the TR on here, I want to go ASAP...but I want to be able to afford an amazing time...so it may be a year or two until that happens!
That would be awesome if you could stay an entire month. No need to go commando at all then. Just do what you want, when you want and really explore parts of the park that you normally wouldn't do.

Also, with the extra time, you could stop by the various hotels and check them out so you know exactly where you want to stay for your 1st on-site trip!
Old 05-21-2012, 12:17 PM   #490
Beauties n the Beast
Mouseketeer

I will (hopefully) be surprising my daughter with a 16th bday trip Jan 18-21 (ish). Not sure if I'm staying on-site though, as much as I want to!!! Still waiting for reservations to open up online...
Beauties n the Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:55 PM   #491
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

Hi there My husband and I will be at CSR from Jan 7th to Jan 13th. -Amanda
Old 05-21-2012, 06:34 PM   #492
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post

& added

I put you in the undecided since you don't know your dates for sure. When you do, let me know and I'll change it. I would love to be at WDW for a month. That would be like Heaven.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauties n the Beast View Post
I will (hopefully) be surprising my daughter with a 16th bday trip Jan 18-21 (ish). Not sure if I'm staying on-site though, as much as I want to!!! Still waiting for reservations to open up online...
& added
If y'all end up staying onsite, let me know and I'll add a resort to you. Our oldest DS turns 16 November 2013 and I am not looking forward to him driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
Hi there My husband and I will be at CSR from Jan 7th to Jan 13th. -Amanda
& added
The CSR looks like such a beautiful resort. We thought about staying there for our June trip, but the DH wanted to save some money and stay at the Pop Century.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:23 PM   #493
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Oh gosh. I'm about to buy my AP before the prices go up. I see that DLR prices skyrocketed...so I'm really itching to get my tickets before WDW does the same thing.

The only reason I am able to go for so long is because I don't have a "real" job. I'm technically a part time employee (although I still work 40 hours a week, I just receive no benefits) so I get laid off every January and February. I LOVE it. (I work for a Garden Shop/Christmas shop. SO after Christmas, most seasonal employees get the boot for the winter and I'm able to collect unemployment since I'm not in school! [why go to college when I can work for 10 months and then go to Disney World when I get the boot for the winter?])

I'm REALLY looking forward to exploring the resorts. I'll be able to better decide where my first official on property Disney vacation should take place! The only resorts I've been to was the Contemporary for Chef Mickey and the Yacht Club lobby. (Walked through it to get to the boardwalk!) Other than Chef Mickeys, I have not eaten at any Disney Resort's restaurants. I'm going to save those meals for when I stay on site though!

Oh and since my group has always been 8+people (my family, my grandparents, and various cousins/boyfriends/girlfriends/friends who have joined the family trips every year!) I never got to really explore some parks...like Epcot and WS! With just me and my mom after everyone leaves (I don't expect my DGP to accompany us most days since they do their own thing) we'll be able to REALLY explore all the parks and just people watch and soak in the environment!

EDIT: January 1-24 I don't want these dates to change, but they could. Maybe for the better, I could go down earlier!
OH and I realize that I'm in the Resort Boards, even though I'm not staying in one! LOL...But I'll still visit them, if that counts!

Last edited by GraceMonica; 05-21-2012 at 09:51 PM. Reason: adding the dates
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:52 AM   #494
Beauties n the Beast
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added
If y'all end up staying onsite, let me know and I'll add a resort to you. Our oldest DS turns 16 November 2013 and I am not looking forward to him driving.

Hahah is it completely wrong I've told her she is going to have to wait until she's out of my house to get her license?!! I can't handle it!! I will probably let her do it though, but she will not be driving on the regular. I can NOT handle that!!
I will certainly update on my reservations once I get them squared away! I'm currently saving for a graduation trip (2015) where we will do it up nice, so I am on a budget for this 16th bday surprise..
Beauties n the Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 PM   #495
tebookie
WDW FAN

Add me to the January list!
Jan 9-19th for a party of 5. Hope to stay at Dixie Landings...oops Port Orleans

Hoping for free dining! Would love to see the 2013 package details and the ability to book.
Waiting on Disney....tap tap tap

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: