Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Countdowns and Live Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #391
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy_77 View Post
Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far! This has been a crazy one for me!

Saturday I found out that we are going to be having a baby! While I am WAY excited, it has definitely thrown a huge wrench in wedding plans and travel plans. We are now going to do a quick justice of the peace wedding with immediate family only and a nice dinner. The quickness is due to the fact that I have no insurance and we need to get me on his plan ASAP. Also, we have discussed the fact that now we will have a baby to prep for and all that wedding money should go towards saving for our new little one. I am okay with it, but it is just hard to switch gears (especially for the OCD planner that is me).

AND we will now have to cancel our January trip. The soonest we want to swing it is the end of February..our baby will be 2 1/2 months at that point. I heard that taking a baby is easy peasy..so we shall see. I took DD to disneyland when she was a baby and it was a breeze. I hope that this one will be just as easy.

Thanks for letting me ramble! Oh, and you all are the first to know about baby besides Nate and my mom. I just had to tell!
Congratulations!!!!
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM   #392
CrystalCastle
Mouseketeer

Well now that I'm officially signed up for my 4th Goofy Challenge, I guess I can post here! Currently my plan is to be there from Jan 9th - 17th. I would stay longer but Disney decided to move the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon to MLK weekend so I have to get home for that! 3 races one week apart!

I am planning to stay at BWI again. I LOVED it there this past year. My very first time at a deluxe and now I am hooked. Happy planning all!
CrystalCastle is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #393
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Saturday I found out that we are going to be having a baby!
Thanks for letting me ramble! Oh, and you all are the first to know about baby besides Nate and my mom. I just had to tell!
WOOHOO!! Congratulations!!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:41 PM   #394
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hope you are all having a wonderful week so far! This has been a crazy one for me!

Saturday I found out that we are going to be having a baby! While I am WAY excited, it has definitely thrown a huge wrench in wedding plans and travel plans. We are now going to do a quick justice of the peace wedding with immediate family only and a nice dinner. The quickness is due to the fact that I have no insurance and we need to get me on his plan ASAP. Also, we have discussed the fact that now we will have a baby to prep for and all that wedding money should go towards saving for our new little one. I am okay with it, but it is just hard to switch gears (especially for the OCD planner that is me).

AND we will now have to cancel our January trip. The soonest we want to swing it is the end of February..our baby will be 2 1/2 months at that point. I heard that taking a baby is easy peasy..so we shall see. I took DD to disneyland when she was a baby and it was a breeze. I hope that this one will be just as easy.

Congratulations!!! Wishing you a happy and healthy nine months filled with pixie dust!
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 10:40 PM   #395
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

daisy_77 -- sorry to hear about your cancelled January trip but it's for such a wonderful reason. congrats on the new baby!!!

Disney will always be there -- enjoy your next 9 months, your wedding and all that entails!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 12:21 PM   #396
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&G1994 View Post
First Jan trip 1/03-/09

& added

If you want to add a resort to your listing, just let me know

Quote:

CONGRATS!!!! A new little angel is a good reason to have to cancel a WDW trip. You can keep coming back here and letting us know how your little one is coming along. If you don't mind me asking, do you know the due date yet? Does DD know yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalCastle View Post
Well now that I'm officially signed up for my 4th Goofy Challenge, I guess I can post here! Currently my plan is to be there from Jan 9th - 17th. I would stay longer but Disney decided to move the Tinkerbell 1/2 marathon to MLK weekend so I have to get home for that! 3 races one week apart!

I am planning to stay at BWI again. I LOVED it there this past year. My very first time at a deluxe and now I am hooked. Happy planning all!
& added

I would love to one day be able to do the 1/2 marathon at WDW. I can totally understand being hooked on a deluxe. We stayed at the WL on our last trip and I fell totally in love with it. I wanted to stay there for our June trip, but it just wasn't in the budget.

Well I'm going to go take a nap, I think. Monday night, I got the super smart idea to try a new Monster energy drink that my DH had bought. It is a special one that is in a glass bottle and is brewed in Germany, like they would brew a beer. Well I ended up not going to sleep until some where between 3 - 4 AM and I had to be back up at 7:30. Then my DH needed me to go to work with him for an extra pair of hands. I ended up not being able to go to bed until 1-ish AM last night and was back up at 7:30. Then I took a 3 1/2 hour Psyc final exam. I still have a U.S. History one to take, but I think I might try and sneak a nap in. Not sure if I'm going to since I can only sleep about an hour.

Oh well, good news is that I am making a lot of progress of the scarf I want to make for our January trip. I have the double knitting down pat. Double knitting is where the scarf is one color on one side and another color on another. Then I figure out how to make it a solid color on one side and stripes on the other. I was able to figure out how to make a pattern in it using only the two colors. Now I need to figure out how to make the pattern, but on the solid side the pattern will be stripes. Well not really figure it out, but more like actually do it rather than think in my head I know how to do it. On the stripes side, the pattern will be solid. Of course it will be a Mickey head pattern. I'm thinking about just making a Mickey head on each end, but may end up making more. I have a MH pattern that I am going to test to see if it'll work and actually look like a MH.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 PM   #397
daisy_77
BL II - Blue Team
I had no idea that we shrink as the day goes on

Thank you all for the congrats!

DD doesn't know yet, we were going to wait a month or two before we tell her.

I will definitely come along for the planning ride over here, if that is okay! This is the best group on the DIS!

daisy_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 PM   #398
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Quote:
Thank you all for the congrats!

DD doesn't know yet, we were going to wait a month or two before we tell her.

I will definitely come along for the planning ride over here, if that is okay! This is the best group on the DIS!
Make sure you do. Instead of planning a WDW along with us, we'll plan WDW trips and you plan the arrival on your new angel. I'm sure the wedding, even if it wasn't what you were planning it to have been, will be beautiful all the same. Heck, maybe to make up for it, some day you can do a renewal at WDW.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
Old 04-19-2012, 09:24 AM   #399
SandiKB
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
Make sure you do. Instead of planning a WDW along with us, we'll plan WDW trips and you plan the arrival on your new angel. I'm sure the wedding, even if it wasn't what you were planning it to have been, will be beautiful all the same. Heck, maybe to make up for it, some day you can do a renewal at WDW.
Yup! What she said
Old 04-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #400
rrgreennc
Mouseketeer

Add my group. There are 5 of us. We plan to stay at POFQ at arrive on 1/24. This will be our first trip since December 2008.
rrgreennc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #401
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgreennc View Post
Add my group. There are 5 of us. We plan to stay at POFQ at arrive on 1/24. This will be our first trip since December 2008.
& added

You didn't have an end date, so I just put a "?".

Old 04-19-2012, 08:37 PM   #402
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrgreennc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by letthewookiewin View Post
& added

You didn't have an end date, so I just put a "?".
They aren't leaving!!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #403
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
They aren't leaving!!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 11:40 PM   #404
letthewookiewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
They aren't leaving!!!
I told my DH that once I graduate, I would be willing to make the sacrifice of moving into the Cinderella Suite and be a computer programmer for Disney.

Well I worked today on a new pattern for the MH scarf. I'm working on it now and I won't go to sleep until I see how it's going to turn out. I'll post a picture and let y'all know if it looks ok. If not, it's going to file 13.

Old 04-20-2012, 02:30 AM   #405
letthewookiewin

Well I figured it out. I made a new pattern and it helped tons. I'll posts pics of both sides.
Yellow background, pink MK

Pink background, yellow MK

Now I just need to make a pattern to include one side to have stripes, and then test that one out. Then the really hard part, of going to the store and picking out yarns.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: