Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 09:32 PM   #61
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

So what's this I'm hearing about a costume party? Is there something new I should be adding to my packing list?

Next Trip: Podcast Cruise 5.0

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
NejTheLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #62
whodini
Mouseketeer

Lindsay and I just booked our flights! We're flying on SkyMiles and the direct to Heathrow we wanted went up in "price" so I had to get a flight through Detroit while the getting was good.

Has anyone on the trip thought about what to do after the 2 nights at DLP? We're not flying home until Friday thinking it was a waste to go back on Wednesday. No way we'd be going to work the next day anyway.
whodini is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-13-2012, 04:06 PM   #63
LionKingRules84
Mouseketeer

I'm still on the fence on when I want to buy Airfare at this point I got a different quote for the same exact flights I wanted in the same day so you have to keep checking. It's like the stock market or in this case buy low ignore when high. I don't have any kind of frequent flyer miles so I will be in Economy wondering how everyone else is enjoying first or business class. The money has to give somewhere.

I will be spending the following week of the adventure in the middle of 'No Where' France(sort of Normandy) hopefully riding horses but not sure yet on the details. By the time this trip has a chat night I should have a better idea what I'm doing and share it with everyone that is curious to know.

CR 1986
CBR October 1991
CBR October 1994
CSR September 2007 13 years is much too long trip report!
DIS Unplugged Exclusive Knights and Lights ABD October 2012
Swan August 2013 & DIS Cruise 1.0 on RCCL Oasis
LionKingRules84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 11:14 PM   #64
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by whodini View Post
Lindsay and I just booked our flights! We're flying on SkyMiles and the direct to Heathrow we wanted went up in "price" so I had to get a flight through Detroit while the getting was good.

Has anyone on the trip thought about what to do after the 2 nights at DLP? We're not flying home until Friday thinking it was a waste to go back on Wednesday. No way we'd be going to work the next day anyway.
We're planning to head east to Reims (either car or train) to the heart of Champagne country. We're also hoping to have dinner at L'Assiette Champenoise while we're there. It's the restaurant of Chef Arnaud Lallement, who partnered with Chef Scott Hunnel of Victoria and Albert's to develop the menu for Remy onboard the Disney Dream and Fantasy.

Probably two nights there, then taking the train back to London on Friday and flying home on Saturday.

Only took 83 nights with DCL to become Platinum*1st Panama Canal Cruise 2005*1st Mediterranean Cruise 2007*1st Baltic Cruise 2010*Podcast Cruise 2.0*Disney Dream Maiden Voyage 2011*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Jul-Aug 2011*Podcast Cruise 3.0*DIS Unplugged ABD London/Paris 2012*DIS Unplugged ABD Backstage Magic Dec 2013*Podcast Cruise 5.0
Old 06-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #65
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

We went to Epernay following our Knights and Lights adventure last year and had a fantastic time.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:44 PM   #66
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
We went to Epernay following our Knights and Lights adventure last year and had a fantastic time.
We'll probably be tasting anywhere between Epernay and Reims. Did you visit any champagne houses? Any you would recommend either because of the tasting experience or a great tour?

Old 06-15-2012, 10:14 PM   #67
fsufan53
Earning My Ears

Is there any chance we could get to Normandy to see the beaches during any of our OYO time in Paris?
fsufan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #68
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan53 View Post
Is there any chance we could get to Normandy to see the beaches during any of our OYO time in Paris?
Your OYO time in Paris is measured in hours.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want to go to Versailles. I wanted more OYO time in Paris.

Normandy is approximately 125 miles from Paris.

You would not have time to get there, see what you wanted to see and get back to Paris unless your drastically alter the tour schedule....which you can do if you are willing to miss the things that are part of the scheduled tour (like the day at Versailles).
Old 06-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #69
fsufan53
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
Your OYO time in Paris is measured in hours.

This is one of the reasons I didn't want to go to Versailles. I wanted more OYO time in Paris.

Normandy is approximately 125 miles from Paris.

You would not have time to get there, see what you wanted to see and get back to Paris unless your drastically alter the tour schedule....which you can do if you are willing to miss the things that are part of the scheduled tour (like the day at Versailles).
Gotcha, thanks Kevin.

What kind of day do you have planned in Paris on the Versailles day? My wife wants to do Versailled but I kinda want to see more Paris.
fsufan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #70
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan53 View Post
Gotcha, thanks Kevin.

What kind of day do you have planned in Paris on the Versailles day? My wife wants to do Versailled but I kinda want to see more Paris.
All I can say at this point is....I have no intention of going to Versailles on this Adventure either.

We are hoping to offer an alternative, but at this point we don't have specifics.

If that isn't what you want, you can always do what we did last year.

Hire a car and an English speaking driver and make up your own itinerary.

I had done some research (Okay...I've been doing research on Paris since I was 6) and I had a list of places I wanted to go.

5 of us spent the day visiting those places and as I've said previously.....it might be the best day of my life.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-16-2012, 09:01 AM   #71
jcb
always emerging from hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
All I can say at this point is....I have no intention of going to Versailles on this Adventure either.

We are hoping to offer an alternative, but at this point we don't have specifics.

If that isn't what you want, you can always do what we did last year.

Hire a car and an English speaking driver and make up your own itinerary.

I had done some research (Okay...I've been doing research on Paris since I was 6) and I had a list of places I wanted to go.

5 of us spent the day visiting those places and as I've said previously.....it might be the best day of my life.

Hope that helps.
I hope I don't put unrealistic pressure on Kevin and John but if they offer an alternative to Versailles, my suggestion is to do it. One of the most enjoyable days of our Viva Italia trip was the day they arranged for the bus to go from the Tuscan Resort to Florence. But for that day, I would not have felt like I got to genuinely experience Florence.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:55 AM   #72
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body

I second what Jack said. The highlight for me of Versailles was Pete going off course in the golf cart and it shutting down. His navigator was of no help
Old 06-16-2012, 10:04 PM   #73
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
I second what Jack said. The highlight for me of Versailles was Pete going off course in the golf cart and it shutting down. His navigator was of no help
I'm sorry I missed that spectacle. I was on the Tour de Versailles bike ride. I saw all the French people snickering at me as I was returning the bike.
Old 06-16-2012, 10:52 PM   #74
MinnieGarden
Sweetie, let's focus on vacation..... step away from the techie stuff
Life would never been the same after the Podcast Cruise

Quote:
Originally Posted by NejTheLion View Post
We'll probably be tasting anywhere between Epernay and Reims. Did you visit any champagne houses? Any you would recommend either because of the tasting experience or a great tour?
I wrote a blog about our day in Epernay. There's a link to it in a post somewhere..... We visited an amazing champagne house. I see you are on the upcoming podcast cruise, if you want more info, let me know and we can chat.

MinnieGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:52 PM   #75
NejTheLion
Jellyfish Jen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieGarden View Post
I wrote a blog about our day in Epernay. There's a link to it in a post somewhere..... We visited an amazing champagne house. I see you are on the upcoming podcast cruise, if you want more info, let me know and we can chat.
Terrific, I'll go hunt for that

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: