Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast > DIS Adventures by Disney Trips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 09:58 AM   #16
MinnieGarden
Sweetie, let's focus on vacation..... step away from the techie stuff
Life would never been the same after the Podcast Cruise
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 629

One of the Paris blogs I followed closely prior to our Knights and Lights adventure last fall was David Lebovitz. He has an amazing book, and it looks like he's got another gem..... http://www.davidlebovitz.com/2012/01...try-chocolate/ and it's on sale until Valentines Day!
__________________
Christy

MinnieGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:17 PM   #17
Simba001
Mouseketeer
 
Simba001's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Washington
Posts: 142

- Park closing visit to Phantom Manor for tour with Imagineer

- Themed farewell dinner event at Tower of Terror and Blockbuster Restaurant
with Disney Villains after park closing


London! Paris! Disneyland Paris and this!!!! Oh my goodness! How fun would this be!

When I told my DH he said he would work OT all year to be able to afford to go on this trip. I told him I appreciate the thought, but unless I switch jobs I can't go anywhere in October. Our annual major fundraiser is at the beginning of November. Darn...

I am sure everyone will have a fabulous time!
Simba001 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 02-10-2012, 06:17 PM   #18
fsufan53
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 44

I guess this question is for Kevin. Is our itinerary different from the typical ABD itinerary? Obviously the two days in Paris are extra however after reading over the base itinerary in my ABD magazine it seems like our base trip is enhanced from the "normal" one. Just wanted to know. Thanks!

Boy I am getting excited!
fsufan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:14 PM   #19
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,874
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan53 View Post
I guess this question is for Kevin. Is our itinerary different from the typical ABD itinerary? Obviously the two days in Paris are extra however after reading over the base itinerary in my ABD magazine it seems like our base trip is enhanced from the "normal" one. Just wanted to know. Thanks!

Boy I am getting excited!
With every Dis Exclusive Adventure, we try to add details that we don't disclose in advance.

It's great fun to watch folks be surprised.

How's that for vague?

I think everyone will be very pleased.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #20
garneska
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Douglasville, GA
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
With every Dis Exclusive Adventure, we try to add details that we don't disclose in advance.

It's great fun to watch folks be surprised.

How's that for vague?

I think everyone will be very pleased.
Do you practice that Kevin or does it come naturally?
__________________
Kris

Goofy Finisher 2010 2011 2012 2013 and 2014
Mickey Finisher 2003 (yes i said 2003) 2008 and 2009
Donald Finisher 2007
Disneyland Half Marathon 2010 and 2012
garneska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:15 AM   #21
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,874
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by garneska View Post
Do you practice that Kevin or does it come naturally?
You have no idea the restraint it takes for me to keep good secrets.

I'm the guy that buys Christmas presents and gives them to you in October, because I know you will like them.

When some juicy tidbit about one of our trips comes across my desk....I immediately want to call each of you and tell you.....and then post it on the boards in the LARGEST font.

This "skill" has been acquired after years of John threatening me with "you can share this now......or ...you can go on the trip".

I love to share good news, but I also love to see happy, surprised faces.

It's a tough job sometimes.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 09:41 AM   #22
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,287

This trip is awesome, but the surprises make it unbelievable. I have no doubt it will be amazing.
__________________

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #23
fsufan53
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 44

We are so excited to see both of these cities for the first time. I know all the cereal dinners as apart of the heavy saving we are doing are gonna pay off.
fsufan53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #24
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,287

The new buses in London...

__________________

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #25
garneska
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Douglasville, GA
Posts: 181

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyKevin View Post
You have no idea the restraint it takes for me to keep good secrets.

I'm the guy that buys Christmas presents and gives them to you in October, because I know you will like them.

When some juicy tidbit about one of our trips comes across my desk....I immediately want to call each of you and tell you.....and then post it on the boards in the LARGEST font.

This "skill" has been acquired after years of John threatening me with "you can share this now......or ...you can go on the trip".

I love to share good news, but I also love to see happy, surprised faces.

It's a tough job sometimes.

For some reason i had a feeling John was behind it. It is HARD to keep good secrets. Can't wait though.
__________________
Kris

Goofy Finisher 2010 2011 2012 2013 and 2014
Mickey Finisher 2003 (yes i said 2003) 2008 and 2009
Donald Finisher 2007
Disneyland Half Marathon 2010 and 2012
garneska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 10:28 AM   #26
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,287

Once upon a dream parade from DLP...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opfyjvvq0uY
__________________

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 08:24 PM   #27
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,287

Modern Marvels Eiffel Tower, also on Netflix right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0PY-ikyR8
__________________

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #28
mattincanberra
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
Modern Marvels Eiffel Tower, also on Netflix right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uh0PY-ikyR8
Just remember, the view from the Eiffel Tower is lessened, because it doesn't feature the Eiffel Tower.

Oh, and don't ask if they have butter, ask if they can bring you some....
mattincanberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #29
k5jmh

DIS Tech Talk Guru
Ask me about Alpaca poop!
I want to pour that Sauce all over my body
 
k5jmh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Spring, TX
Posts: 5,287

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattincanberra View Post
Just remember, the view from the Eiffel Tower is lessened, because it doesn't feature the Eiffel Tower.

Oh, and don't ask if they have butter, ask if they can bring you some....
And don't ask for a second cup of coffee! Harumph!!!
__________________

k5jmh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #30
mattincanberra
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by k5jmh View Post
And don't ask for a second cup of coffee! Harumph!!!
And buy your macarons before you go to dinner at Laduree

(Secret tip, there is a Laduree store in Harrods...).
mattincanberra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: