Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Gay and Lesbian at Disney
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #46
christopher77
Just keep running... Just keep running...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanigor View Post
Welcome!

I'll be at the ToT and W&D too. My DP even decided he was going to do the full with me this year, I'm probably gonna go Goofy.
Awesome Todd!!!!

I will be signing up for the goofy before the price increase 6/19... still thinking about the W&D to make it 3 in a row, but will most likely sign up

DL 77
WDW 82 offsite, 93 and 94 offsite, 96 offsite, 97 OKW, 98 OKW, 02 OKW, 04 (F&W) POFQ, CBR, 05 Pop, OKW, 06/07, AKL, ASM and Poly, 08 Boardwalk, 09 (F&W) Pop, 10 (F&W/Wine & Dine Half Marathon) Pop, 11 (Half Marathon) Boardwalk, 11 (F&W/Wine & Dine Half Marathon) Pop, 12 (Marathon Wknd) Poly
christopher77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:19 AM   #47
jeanigor

Top of the "list" (now, which list is it?)
Don't pee on the parquet

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopher77 View Post
Awesome Todd!!!!

I will be signing up for the goofy before the price increase 6/19... still thinking about the W&D to make it 3 in a row, but will most likely sign up
My DP wants to make my signature race be the W&D. I can't really argue as it would ensure a trip to WDW at least once a year.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-01-2012, 07:29 PM   #48
Myhappythought5
Mouseketeer

I have recently started running again with a fellow co-worker. Our goal is to do the marathon in Jan 2014. We are also planning a trip to Disney around the same time. He and his partner have never been and I am so excited to share it with him.
Would love to do the one in Sept. also eventually.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:22 PM   #49
Tygerlilly
Mouseketeer

Hey everyone! How's training going for you all?

It's absurdly hot out during the day (105+ most days), so I've been doomed to either 5am or 11pm runs after 8 hours of work. Ugh. Not a morning person. Super psyched that it's under the 90day day mark for ToT!
Tygerlilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:48 PM   #50
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

Officially signed up for the Goofy this weekend.

This was week 2 of the Galloway training plan for the Goofy. Using it to try and take it easy on the knees after injury. So far so good. My time has not been sacrificed by the walking and my legs and knees have felt great so far.

Have my dining reservations for the first part of the week. Weekend reservations hit 180 tomorrow.

Now I just need to figure out where I am gonna stay. LOL

Only 7 weeks til the Disneyland Half!!!!!

Happy and Healthy running to all!

Upcoming Races...
Nov 2014 Avengers Half Marathon
Jan 2015 Star Wars Half Marathon
RENThead09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 06:26 AM   #51
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

My DP gave up on Marathon Weekend 2013 this past week.

But I am still planning on it. Just need to bite the bullet and register.

One good thing about going solo, I'm not as high maintenance. I don't demand DVC or Deluxe. All Stars or Pop are good enough for me.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #52
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

4 weeks to the Disneyland Half! I'm in Corral D which isnt too bad considering I am still running a little slow as my knees get back into running shape.

Hope everyone is taking it easy as they train through the heat. Did 6 miles this morning before it hit 104 up here in Portland today. really? They told be about the rain. No one said anything about the heat.

Keep the miles coming!

Upcoming Races...
Old 08-06-2012, 08:54 PM   #53
runnergirl97
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENThead09
4 weeks to the Disneyland Half! I'm in Corral D which isnt too bad considering I am still running a little slow as my knees get back into running shape.

Hope everyone is taking it easy as they train through the heat. Did 6 miles this morning before it hit 104 up here in Portland today. really? They told be about the rain. No one said anything about the heat.

Keep the miles coming!

Keep up the hard work! Be confident, you'll do great!
runnergirl97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:30 PM   #54
adpibri
Mouseketeer

I'll be doing my first full marathon ever this January! I'm pretty pumped and nervous at the same time! Trying to train here in coastal Texas is brutal, but it's happening! I'm also taking my lady friend with me for a 9 day vacation and she has never been to any Disney park! Hard to believe, but that just makes me even more excited!
adpibri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:04 PM   #55
RENThead09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adpibri View Post
I'll be doing my first full marathon ever this January! I'm pretty pumped and nervous at the same time! Trying to train here in coastal Texas is brutal, but it's happening! I'm also taking my lady friend with me for a 9 day vacation and she has never been to any Disney park! Hard to believe, but that just makes me even more excited!
not sure which is more awesome...

Your first full marathon!

or

Taking someone special for their first Disney vacation.

Should be an amazing time!

Upcoming Races...
Old 08-19-2012, 09:51 PM   #56
jiminy.cricket
Disneyphile Extraordinare

My friend and I are holding each other accountable long-distance. We are starting with the Couch-to-5K program and my goal is to eventually work up to run the Walt Disney World Marathon! Then I can finally complete the other pupil of my Daruma doll from the Japan pavilion at Epcot (Anyone know what I'm talking about?). I've tried this before and fallen off the wagon, but I am determined to follow through this time! Week 1 begins tomorrow. Hopefully posting this online will hold us accountable too.

Here we go!
jiminy.cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 12:01 AM   #57
CLKnCA
Earning My Ears

I hope everyone's training is going well. All this heat in SoCal is making it not fun at all to start packing on the miles. At least, as they say, "it's a dry heat."

I am looking forward to my first ever Disney race this January, and to maybe meeting some other DISers there in WDW for marathon weekend.

Jiminy...am really excited to continue reading your posts about your training progress. Keep it up! One weekend, you'll find yourself running 10 miles, and not even understanding how you made it that far. Enjoy the journey! Like planning a trip to WDW, all the build up and planning is half of the fun!
Old 09-22-2012, 12:01 PM   #58
dmwang9
Agent P's sidekick-in-training

My plantar fasciitis flared up a month or so ago, so I've had to do a lot of biking and other low-impact stuff rather than running. I only just started running again, and I'm taking it pretty easy to see if my feet have healed.

Interestingly enough, my PF flared up when I stopped running all the time in Vibrams and started mixing in power walks in regular trainers. When I started running in Vibrams a couple of years ago, my PF symptoms (as well as knee pain) pretty much disappeared.

-- Dave

DLR: off site (8/74), GC (2/01), DLH (10/07, Gay Days Anaheim), VGC (3/13), off site (12/13), off site (2/14)
WDW: Swan (7/03, Nimbus), CR (8/06), Dolphin (8/07), Swan (6/08), Swan (6/09), BWV (7/10), BWV (7/11), BWV (6/12), SSR (6/13), BWV (3/14, Flower and Garden)
Universal: Royal Pacific (7/10, Infinitus), Portofino Bay (7/12, Ascendio)
Cruises: Dream (7/11, 4 night Bahamas), Dream (6/12, PCC 3.0, 5 night Bahamas), Fantasy (6/13, 7 night W Caribbean)
ABD: DIS Backstage Magic (7/14)

Upcoming trip: AKV (Oct 27-31, 2014)
dmwang9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #59
jeanigor

Don't pee on the parquet

Just a few more days until the Tower of Terror 10 Miler and Halloween 5K.

I'm doing this race with a couple of friends. Even though I consider myself slow, I know they will finish after me by a considerable amount of time. Should I just go to the party and keep track of them through RaceTracker and meet them after they finish or wait around the finish line to watch them cross? (One of the pair is doing her first long distance event.)
Old 10-02-2012, 09:04 PM   #60
ChrisNY2
Mouseketeer

Here's me at the ToT 10 miler!

Resorts so far (trying to stay at all of them!): GF, VGF, BLT, BC, BCV, BW, AKL, CB, CS,AS Music, AS Sports, AoA, FW
ChrisNY2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: