Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #91
Amerangel89
Earning My Ears

Jess, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the way you write your TR's!!! You make me fall in love with Disney more and more with each one (which I thought I was at MAXIMUM CAPACITY already...turns out I wasn't). I'm chomping at the BIT to hear your take on the Disney auditioning process. It's something I've always toyed around with the idea of, but I've never just gone out there and done it. I'm beginning to feel like I need to LIVE a little...go for those dreams, even if I don't "succeed". I'm so happy to hear that you feel you're finally on your way to finding your niche with your new school and degree. I'm a vocal performance major myself, so I have a bit of a special understanding for the demands that the performing arts can have. I think we should all stick together because we are nearly all kindred spirits with our crazy devotion to putting on a good show!

Anyways...I just wanted to let you know that I am one of your many adoring fans! I think we should all take a collection to establish a "Send Jess to Disney" fund so that we will ALWAYS have new TR's to read. hahahahaha
Old 01-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #92
duckylady
Mouseketeer

Hahaha, I always stop at Tim Hortons before we leave for Florida too. I figure, since I'm going to have to go without for the week, I might as well get my Ice Capp fix while I still can.

You look SO CUTE in your Little Mermaid sweater! I got the Snow White one for Christmas because she's my favourite, I can't wait to wear it to the parks.

I'm so excited to hear the rest of your TR! Your enthusiasm is SUPER contagious.
february 2009 - coronado springs.
march 2012 - pop century.
august 2014 - pop century.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-09-2012, 07:23 PM   #93
katt789
DIS Veteran

Thats such an awesome picture of the sign! I have yet to even get a good one, though that may just be as I'm always on the bus, and have a little point & shoot. I definitely would've taken just as many road pic signs!

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-10-2012, 03:42 AM   #94
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

So joining this trip report!

As for the getting up early for Disney. I think it has that effect on you. I was able to get up at 6am every morning in Florida no probs but here I'm dragging myself out of bed and not wanting to move!
Old 01-10-2012, 06:19 AM   #95
disneylovin24
~Let It Go~

You think waking up at 4 am is bad, I had to get up at 2 am for my past trip Wish I could say it was worth it for WDW but it kind of wasn't. We got to our hotel at noon and it felt like it was 5 pm already, I was shot for the afternoon Oh well, I guess if I was going to be shot for an afternoon Im happy it was in WDW

Can't wait for more

Old 01-10-2012, 09:23 AM   #96
sunnysideup3
DIS Veteran

You were there the same time I was, at least your first mini-trip It was perfect then!

@quirkyinwi (Twitter) @sunnysideup3 (Instagram)

November 2001: WDW- Offsite/ December 2009: WDW- Offsite/ December 2011: WDW-POR
December 2012: WDW-POR/ Jan 2014: Disney Wonder (5 day Western Caribbean)/Jan 2015: WDW-POR
Old 01-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #97
dfitzger03
Earning My Ears

SUPER excited for this TR. I loved all your other ones and I'm sure that this one is going to be just as, if not more, fabulous
2002 POR 2009 CBR 2010 CSR 2012 CBR 2013 POP
Old 01-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #98
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

YAY! You've started! Great start btw

Oh my gosh, it still amazes me how Disney manages to awake me at the craziest times ever. The earliest I've gotten up was 3:00 IN THE MORNING! Even more ridiculous. I'm the unusual morning person, but that's extreme... unless it's another great occasion liiikkkkeeee Christmas. Okay, before I go off on ridiculous tangents let's move on shall we...

to listening to Disney Music in the car! That's a total must-do when it comes to Disney. So glad I have so many Disney loops and such saved on my laptop so when I prepare for another trip I won't be having another regret about missing my pre-Disney fix And I totally agree with what you say about Disney. I just fall more and more in love with the place every trip. I think it's the fact you always discover something new when you're there either because they added it or you never noticed it before. Awww... gotta love Disney

LOL @ your little random note(s). It's nice to have those though when you get back and need to find your car. But who cares what you write you are going to Disney! And that's so funny at what happened in security. Taking a cat to Orlando... I wonder where those people were going lol And that's so cool how you got to talk with some newbies. So jealous they got to stay at Wilderness Lodge, I REALLY want to stay there Glad to hear they were studying though

YAY You're off! Great picture of you on the plane with your Pink Mickey Ears, no wonder it is your twitter pic. to extra leg room, always nice (: And Mermaid camp? ... okay... cute, but Disney forever, of course... I hope lol

Woot, getting so very close now to those heavenly gates... The Airport Christmas tree looks so pretty! All those decorations look great and darn you fake monorail for psyching me out! I want me some REAL monorail But I gotta give you HUGE credit for renting a car, I mean... it is more convenient not having to wait for buses and such, but THE MOVIE... but at least you got a nice car. I'm pretty sure they drew you in with the fountain though

Those are some awesome pictures of the signs along the way to Disney. I usually get a few of them but I don't think I've gotten so many pictures. That's awesome how you found a "Welcome Home" banner on the side of the road. It just has so much more meaning down there then up here And I love the pictures you got of the amazing Gates of Heaven. You always get so many

Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-10-2012, 11:16 PM   #99
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelliroo3 View Post
Great update! I love your Disney clothes; you always have such cute items! I've been having trouble finding the Forever 21 Disney sweatshirts...I have the Alice in Wonderland one but can't seem to find Aladdin, Cinderella, Little Mermaid or any others.

I know I have heard about the Mermaid place...I think the Amazing Race went there one season. I remember thinking it looked pretty cool! And yay to helping Disney newbies! Gotta spread the knowledge and love of all things Mickey!
Thank you! And thanks! I love my Disney clothes too haha. Yeah, I don't think they make the Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, or Lion King ones anymore. I better grab those new ones before they get rid of them too!
Ah really? That's cool! And yes, I always love doing that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amerangel89 View Post
Jess, I am absolutely IN LOVE with the way you write your TR's!!! You make me fall in love with Disney more and more with each one (which I thought I was at MAXIMUM CAPACITY already...turns out I wasn't). I'm chomping at the BIT to hear your take on the Disney auditioning process. It's something I've always toyed around with the idea of, but I've never just gone out there and done it. I'm beginning to feel like I need to LIVE a little...go for those dreams, even if I don't "succeed". I'm so happy to hear that you feel you're finally on your way to finding your niche with your new school and degree. I'm a vocal performance major myself, so I have a bit of a special understanding for the demands that the performing arts can have. I think we should all stick together because we are nearly all kindred spirits with our crazy devotion to putting on a good show!

Anyways...I just wanted to let you know that I am one of your many adoring fans! I think we should all take a collection to establish a "Send Jess to Disney" fund so that we will ALWAYS have new TR's to read. hahahahaha
Aww thank you so much for the kind words! That's so great to hear!
Honestly, you should just do it! I mean, I didn't get past the initial round, but the experience was so worth taking the trip. You have nothing to lose so giving it a shot only increases your knowledge and experience! So why not? They have auditions all of the time so just check the website and hopefully you can try someday!
And thank you! Yes, vocal performance and theatre are in that same performing area. It's gonna be tough sometimes but I know it's gonna be fun! People who go into this kind of stuff definitely have a passion for it - which is great! I hope everything goes well for you!

Aww thank you! And HAHA I would love that. If only. Kristen and I were literally thinking of ways to try and raise money so we could go to Disney this summer. We will see, we will see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckylady View Post
Hahaha, I always stop at Tim Hortons before we leave for Florida too. I figure, since I'm going to have to go without for the week, I might as well get my Ice Capp fix while I still can.

You look SO CUTE in your Little Mermaid sweater! I got the Snow White one for Christmas because she's my favourite, I can't wait to wear it to the parks.

I'm so excited to hear the rest of your TR! Your enthusiasm is SUPER contagious.
It's the place to go! Haha
Aww thank you! The Snow White one is cute too, but I actually don't have that one! I bet it looks adorable on you!
Thank you! And oh yay that's so great to hear! I'm glad you're enjoying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katt789 View Post
Thats such an awesome picture of the sign! I have yet to even get a good one, though that may just be as I'm always on the bus, and have a little point & shoot. I definitely would've taken just as many road pic signs!
Thank you! I try. I had to crop it a little bit but it looks pretty good I think! And oh yeah, I just couldn't resist! DISNEY SIGNS YAY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petals View Post
So joining this trip report!

As for the getting up early for Disney. I think it has that effect on you. I was able to get up at 6am every morning in Florida no probs but here I'm dragging myself out of bed and not wanting to move!
Yay I'm glad you're here!
Seriously, right!? Ugh waking up at 9 am is a chore when I'm at home. In Disney, 9 am is sleeping in WAYY too late. That's just the way the world works, I suppose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneylovin24 View Post
You think waking up at 4 am is bad, I had to get up at 2 am for my past trip Wish I could say it was worth it for WDW but it kind of wasn't. We got to our hotel at noon and it felt like it was 5 pm already, I was shot for the afternoon Oh well, I guess if I was going to be shot for an afternoon Im happy it was in WDW

Can't wait for more
Oh my gosh that's SO early. I don't think I would have ever fallen asleep! And I can imagine how tired you would be. Sometimes I wonder if it's worth getting up, but like you said, I'd rather be in Disney than at home sleeping anyway!
Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnysideup3 View Post
You were there the same time I was, at least your first mini-trip It was perfect then!
Oh yay! Yes, it was absolutely wonderful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfitzger03 View Post
SUPER excited for this TR. I loved all your other ones and I'm sure that this one is going to be just as, if not more, fabulous
I'm so glad! Thank you for reading again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
YAY! You've started! Great start btw

Oh thank you!

Oh my gosh, it still amazes me how Disney manages to awake me at the craziest times ever. The earliest I've gotten up was 3:00 IN THE MORNING! Even more ridiculous. I'm the unusual morning person, but that's extreme... unless it's another great occasion liiikkkkeeee Christmas. Okay, before I go off on ridiculous tangents let's move on shall we...

I know, right!? Disney has crazy effects on people. If I had to get up at 3 am, I would be done by 5 pm. I would need sleep.

to listening to Disney Music in the car! That's a total must-do when it comes to Disney. So glad I have so many Disney loops and such saved on my laptop so when I prepare for another trip I won't be having another regret about missing my pre-Disney fix And I totally agree with what you say about Disney. I just fall more and more in love with the place every trip. I think it's the fact you always discover something new when you're there either because they added it or you never noticed it before. Awww... gotta love Disney

I listen to Disney music in my car on a daily basis, I'm not gonna lie. But Disney loops are the BEST. I love them.
I know right?! Disney just gets better as time goes on! The memories live on and build up and are always magical!

LOL @ your little random note(s). It's nice to have those though when you get back and need to find your car. But who cares what you write you are going to Disney! And that's so funny at what happened in security. Taking a cat to Orlando... I wonder where those people were going lol And that's so cool how you got to talk with some newbies. So jealous they got to stay at Wilderness Lodge, I REALLY want to stay there Glad to hear they were studying though

I know, right? That's why I wrote them. Then I thought, "why not, let's just throw it in the trip report!" I like to be detailed. It makes it more real LOL
Yeah I have NO idea where they were going. Disney might be too hectic for a cat, I'm not gonna lie.
I know, I want to stay there too!! It's beautiful1

YAY You're off! Great picture of you on the plane with your Pink Mickey Ears, no wonder it is your twitter pic. to extra leg room, always nice (: And Mermaid camp? ... okay... cute, but Disney forever, of course... I hope lol

Thank you! Haha it describes my life basically. And yeah Disney forever. That's never gonna change!

Woot, getting so very close now to those heavenly gates... The Airport Christmas tree looks so pretty! All those decorations look great and darn you fake monorail for psyching me out! I want me some REAL monorail But I gotta give you HUGE credit for renting a car, I mean... it is more convenient not having to wait for buses and such, but THE MOVIE... but at least you got a nice car. I'm pretty sure they drew you in with the fountain though

I LOVE THE MONORAIL! And lol yeah that's how I feel about it too. Oh well! I am up for either mode of transportation as long as I'm in Disney!

Those are some awesome pictures of the signs along the way to Disney. I usually get a few of them but I don't think I've gotten so many pictures. That's awesome how you found a "Welcome Home" banner on the side of the road. It just has so much more meaning down there then up here. And I love the pictures you got of the amazing Gates of Heaven. You always get so many.

Thank you! And I agree - it means a lot when you're going to Disney! HOORAY! YAYYY! And yes, that's one of my favorite views in the world - you can never have enough pictures of that!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 01-11-2012, 02:30 AM   #100
abarnold
Mouseketeer

I have to say I LOVE your trip reports!! I don't get the opportunity to go as often as I would like, so I live vicariously through your TRs

I really cant wait for this one- we were supposed to go for Christmas this year (we were living in TX at the time) but my husband is in the Army and we had to move to WA and there was no way we would be ale to drive across the country and back in the 2 weeks the kids had off (and we're a small army ourselves and can't afford to fly) What my husband found sad was while yes I was upset to be leaving family and friends behind, I was inconsolable when I had to call up and CANCEL our very first Disney trip at Christmas However my dh promised me we would go to DL next Christmas We would have gone this year but my daughter does competitive cheer and we had to spend the $$$ for her to be able to join a team up here ( which if you notice will go to WDW in March dh thinks that's the only reason I chose this cheer group......)

I laughed when I read about you and your mom giving the crash course to the family in the airport- I do the same thing all the time. Yes, I am obsessed as well lol. DH, bless his heart, pretty much says- you plan the trip I'll go along for the ride (he's a VERY smart man) I quickly became known as the "Disney mom" and I LOVE IT!!!

All of my kids have been well trained- they see midden mickeys EVERYWHERE and they dont care where they are they will scream out "HIDDEN MICKEY!!!!!" They make me sooooooo proud My daughter absolutely LOVES your hidden mickey dresses- where in the world did you find those?

Thank you again for all of your hard work in the TR- they really make me feel like I am right there in the parks! I am glad that there are others out there like me Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #101
rdkeim
Mouseketeer

Absolutely LOVE your trip reports! You could make the worst skeptic into a Disney lover :-) Can't wait to follow along on your December trips. We were there Dec. 3-8 so I'll be interested to see how your trips went. It's my favorite time to go for sure.

Sounds like a good decision on the school change. If someone like you wasn't "connecting" probably wasn't the right place for you. Keep moving forward and I'm sure you'll be very successful.
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 AM   #102
Jiminy_78
Earning My Ears

I've been reading your TRs and I love following along your adventures!

I had to comment because we were just in WDW this past weekend, because I ran the half marathon, and we stayed at the Dolphin so we had to rent a car to get to/from the airport. I think we had the same car you had; it was a beautiful boxy Jeep! I'll have to go back and look at our pictures but we also use the Emerald Aisle club and love the convenience of just picking a car and leaving. That's too funny! It was a nice car.
Old 01-11-2012, 12:39 PM   #103
midwest2wdw
Earning My Ears

Joining a trip report for the first time and looking forward to it. We were there the first few days of December and had a wonderful time!! I am ready to go back, but unfortunately, nothing is planned yet. I am anxious to hear more about your trip.
Old 01-11-2012, 01:40 PM   #104
debrapagliasotti
DIS Veteran

Joining in!

We are going to WDW this Christmas, so your title IMMEADIATELY drew me in!
Old 01-11-2012, 01:45 PM   #105
ChattaAlley
DIS Veteran

The Cat part was hilarious. I am always thinking I hear things. Whether I do or not is still to be determined.

The Little Mermaid shirt is adorable. That use to be my favorite Disney movie. Now I think it is Tangled and Cinderella. IDK it changes all the time. But TLM holds a special place in my heart.

The WDW Entrance never gets old I could see that welcome sign everyday and be ok with it.

Looking forward to your Christmas adventure.

With a little bit of PixieDust anything is possible . . .

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: