Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-08-2012, 05:32 PM   #76
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

Ok, just found out this was up! I gotta go back and get caught up.

*I'm Baaccckkk! I wasn't as far outta the loop as I thought! WHew!

Anyway, Spending almost half a month in Disney is awesome! I can't wait to hear all about both trips!

I'm sorry you felt so out of it with your college, it was the right decsion for you to withdraw and go where you're going to be happy. That will make you excel in what you choose!

p.s Kadence wants to work at Disney too, so right now you are her role model for that! She thinks you look like Jasmine, she wants to be Sleeping Beauty.
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)

Last edited by Caretames1; 01-08-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:42 PM   #77
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

I'm here - I've followed along on your previous TRs, here and there... I am really excited to follow along on this one and hear about all the Ultimate Survival Guide...

D~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-08-2012, 07:02 PM   #78
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
Ok, just found out this was up! I gotta go back and get caught up.

*I'm Baaccckkk! I wasn't as far outta the loop as I thought! WHew!

Anyway, Spending almost half a month in Disney is awesome! I can't wait to hear all about both trips!

I'm sorry you felt so out of it with your college, it was the right decsion for you to withdraw and go where you're going to be happy. That will make you excel in what you choose!

p.s Kadence wants to work at Disney too, so right now you are her role model for that! She thinks you look like Jasmine, she wants to be Sleeping Beauty.
Welcome welcome! I'm so glad you're here to follow along again!
I am very excited to tell you all about everything!
Aww thank you! I am very excited because I'm just ready to enjoy being there. It just wasn't clicking. I'll let you all know how the new one goes!
And aww Kadence I'm right there with ya! Aw thanks! I would LOVE to be a princess. But really, any job would make me happy. I just need to be there haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
I'm here - I've followed along on your previous TRs, here and there... I am really excited to follow along on this one and hear about all the Ultimate Survival Guide...

D~
Aww thank you for reading again! It's great to have you with us! I hope you enjoy!
Old 01-08-2012, 07:49 PM   #79
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Chapter 1: "...Do You Hear A Cat?"
December 6th, 2011

So, just to refresh all of our memories, my Mom and I were the only two people going on this little beginning of December trip. The rest of the family joined us for the next one.

Mother and I are Disney nuts. We UNDERSTAND Disney. Thank God for my Mom. She just gets me.

And if you have not read my trip reports before, here is a picture of us:

Welcome (officially) to the show!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It felt like only minutes since I had fallen asleep. How could my alarm be going off already!?

Oh yeah, it was kind of 4:45 am. The earliest I have ever woken up in my LIFE.

And yet, I jumped right out of bed. Don't ask me how I did it because I have no idea. I give credit to the magic of Disney. Seriously.

I went upstairs and my Mom was still in bed. My parents were quite impressed that I was up. Usually I would not be able to get up at that time of morning without a fight!

I jumped in the shower, got ready, and packed all of my last minute toiletries, technological items, etc.

Soon enough, my Mom was ready. We said goodbye to Dad and we were out the door! WOOOOHOOOO DISNEY!

It was PITCH black outside while we loaded the car. We took my car, turned on the Disney music, and started driving! We left at 6:10 am.

The Magic, Memories, and You song began playing and it made me tear up. I don't know what it is with that song, but it gets me EVERY TIME. I was just so happy we were going!!

You could potentially think that me going to WDW so many times would dull down my Disney obsession and love.

However, if you think that, you would be proven wrong. The result is the polar opposite. Disney makes me more emotional and more happy than it ever has in my life! This is one of those peak times where I'm just in my Disney glory. And I don't know if that will every fade away.

We stopped at got some Tim Horton's for breakfast. We split a Cinnamon Raisin Bagel with light cream cheese. Saving room for Disney food was a necessity, so there was no need to stuff ourselves at 6 in the morning.

Our drive to the airport went by extremely quick even though it's about 40-45 minutes.

We went in the preferred parking lot and looked for a spot. There were barely any!! After weaving through lanes of parked cars for about 10 minutes, we finally found one WAY in the back of section P19. (Sorry about these random specific details, I write down the most random stuff LOL)

We got out our luggage, I was jumping for joy, and we walked in the airport. We went in the door we usually exit, which felt a little weird. However, I didn't care. DISNEY!

There were not a lot of people inside, which is to be expected at 7 am I suppose.

We got through security without a problem, which is always a blessing.

While I was putting all of my stuff together afterwords, the guy who was across the table from me looks at me and goes:

"...do you hear a cat?"

I was like "...uh, what? No, sir, I don't hear a cat...."

and then I heard "meow! meow! meow!"

This family was bringing their cat with them and they were actually on our flight to Orlando. The guy was like "oh thank God, I thought I was going crazy." He must not have slept much the night before hahaha he seemed a bit frazzled!

Mom stopped and got a chocolate raspberry flavored coffee and we went to Gate 8 to sit down.

We started chatting with the family sitting across from us and it was their first time going to Disney!!! YAY! You know what that means... my mother and I went into the "we-go-to-disney-all-the-time, let-us-give-you-a-crash-course" mode and overwhelmed them with information.

They were staying at Wilderness Lodge (lucky!) and we told them all about fastpasses, what rides the kids would like, we discussed their restaurant choices (the mom did a very good job!), etc.

We probably came off as total nuts, but that is to be expected.

The Mom was the researcher. She was studying all of her books, made the ADR's, and had their plan. The Dad was a little reluctant about the whole thing, but I hope he enjoyed it in the end!

Soon enough it was already time to board! We were flight #667 on Jet Blue. Our flight left at 8:15 am and we were in Row 2!

We were up in the air in no time! We had extra leg room and nobody was sitting next to us! SCORE! I took a nice nap. I also wrote in my journal, ate some animal crackers, and went over my monologue for my college auditions that were occurring after I got home.

The stewardess chatted with us for a while. She saw my Little Mermaid shirt and went on and on about how she LOVES mermaids. Apparently there's this "mermaid camp" in Tampa and she told me I should work there because I have mermaid hair. LOL if only my heart wasn't set on Disney... but thanks, lady!

Before we knew it, we were landing! YAYYYY! DISNEY!!! That was literally one of the quickest and painless flights of my entire life. Thank God.

HELLOOOOO MY BEAUTIFUL AIRPORT! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU!

We were the first ones off the plane and we went straight to baggage claim 11A. But not before riding the mini monorail!

Please stand clear of.... eh never mind. It's not worth it. NOT QUITE YET, BE PATIENT.

Yay for christmas decorations!

EEEEEEEEEEE! (:

We got our bags and it was time to get goin'!

Now, we did something EXTREMELY unusual for us. Something that we have never done before.

WE RENTED. A CAR.

People, I don't even think you understand that I have NEVER done this at Disney before. In the 20+ times I have been there, I have ONLY taken the busses. Including the Magical Express, which is always my favorite part of the entire trip. Sadly, that was not to be this time around. *sigh*

TAKE ME WITH YOU!!!!!!

Okay, actually renting a car was not that bad. It was actually SUPER easy. My Mom found this discount code online for us to join National's Emerald Club basically for free. So all we had to do was go to the National Parking Garage, pick out a car, and drive away!

They're trying to bribe me for my love of car rentals with a fountain. Nice try.

We walked down the aisle and picked us out a silver jeep. That's right, these cool ladies are going to be cruisin' in this baby for the next few days!

Christmas in Disney Tip #1:
If you're renting a car, think about joining National's Emerald Club. This is the EASIEST way to rent a car. By joining, you don’t have to wait in line at the rental car check-in desk. You go to the garage, pick your car, go through the little gate, and leave! Very convenient if the airport is crowded with fellow Christmastime travelers!

I plugged in all of the addresses for Disney places in my GPS the night before, so I selected our destination and off we went! It's nice to have those Disney addresses accessible at all times in my own GPS, ya know?

And here comes my plethora of road sign pictures because I don't have the opportunity of taking them on a bus because I am so mesmerized by the movie.

DISNEY!!!!!!!

CRUISE LINE BUS AHHHH!

A PLANE! I am sorry, but you are probably leaving Disney. I feel bad for you all.

CENTRAL FLORIDA! My favorite place to be!!

Foreshadowing!!! Teehee (:

I wish I could see signs like this when I drove around at home:

I'm convinced that this was for me:

DISNEYDISNEYDISNEYDISNEYDISNEY!!!!!

*faints*

AHHHH!

Oh my God, Oh my God, Oh my God.

CAN YOU SEE IT!? "Are you dizzy yet!?!?!"

THE MOST BEAUTIFUL SIGHT IN THE WORLD!

*Dies of Happiness*

It only took about 20-30 minutes to get to our first destination of the trip! HOORAY!

OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN! *sob*

Continued in Next Post

Last edited by Disneyfreak508; 01-12-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 08:00 PM   #80
Mich123
Mouseketeer

Subscribed! Wow, there's so much going on--good thing you ended up with an extra long break to recover. Hope everything is working out exactly as planned. As the mom of a 15 year old girl, it's so great to see how much you appreciate your mom, hope your mom reads your trip reports.
2014 Port Orleans Riverside and Beach Club/2013 Back to Disneyland Grand Californian/2012 Polynesian/2011 Our Second Disney Cruise - Mexican Riviera/2010 Our First Disney Cruise and Disney's Vero Beach...and Our First trip to Disneyland! Grand Californian/2009 Polynesian and Port Orleans Riverside/2008 Disney's Vero Beach/2007 Port Orleans Riverside/2006 Coronado Springs

Old 01-08-2012, 09:40 PM   #81
antnyh
Proud BLT Owner May 2010

I am so glad to see you started your TR!!! Our trips overlapped! We came home on the 23rd. Boy were the crowds growing. I can only imagine how they were by Christmas morning. BLT was beautiful. Did you have a Theme Park view? We took a tree and decorated it while we were there. It was so much fun! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Excited I am.

**Edit**
I forgot to mention how good it is to see that you are following your heart in college. I always knew I wanted to be an engineer ever since I was a youngin'. Like you, I too love Disney and wanted to intern there during college. For various reasons I didn't and it is one of my biggest regrets to date. I did, however, work at the local Disney store and LOVED it!! I am still applying to be an imagineer. Maybe one day they'll feel sorry for me after seeing all my resumes and just give me a job! One can dream, can't they??

Last edited by antnyh; 01-09-2012 at 06:46 AM.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #82
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

First of all, your Mickey top is fabulous! It's from Forever21, right? I love that they carry Disney stuff.

OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!

There is a "mermaid camp" near Tampa! WeekiWachee! I've never actually been, but it's relatively close to where my grandma lives.

Driving onto Disney property is the best. It's the perfect combination of joy, relief, and knowing that there's an incredible amount of fun just waiting to be had.

Can't wait for more!
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 PM   #83
lovegrumpy
DIS Veteran

I love WDW at Christmas time. So I can't wait to hear about your trip.
ME/DH/DS18/DS17
Or,Wa,FLx2,Ia,Cali,DC,Va
Been married to my Coastie for 17 years
Dh,Me,Ds 18,Ds 17

Old 01-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #84
SmallWorld71
DIS Veteran

YAY! Another trip report!

Sorry college got off to such a rough start, but it sounds like you made a great choice! I wish you the best in starting at your new one.

Even though the frumps are lots of fun, I love reading about your trips with your Mom! Tell her some stranger on the DIS said she's a great Mom and I hope my kids and I keep having as much fun at Disney as you and your Mom do.

Oh, and FWIW, even though I know you love Jasmine, you have such a radiant smile that I think you'd make a great Snow White. And, I can totally see Kristen skipping around like Alice.

Old 01-08-2012, 11:14 PM   #85
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

OMG, I just found this out! I'm so excited, your enthusiasm truly is contagious, even through a computer screen!

Even though you didn't get the job, I'm sure it was quite the experience to do an audition. Looking forward to reading about that part.

And really, bringing you car on the plane? Hope it didn't meow the whole time. i know mine would have!
Old 01-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #86
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! OMG what the heck am I doing in my room and not IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAGIC?!?!?!

Omg. The Magic, the Memories, and You NEVER FAILS to make me just CRY. Like typing this right now I'm in tears. Help?

JET BLUE!!!!! Hahaha um... mermaid camp? Such a thing exists? My mind is blown. Would Eric be there? Wait, nevermind. My mind just always immediately goes to Disney.

Sweet ride.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh gosh I love Disney. I need to just move there. I don't even care what my job is. In the future, when we both work there, we're gonna be friends, okay?

Completed Trip Reports:
December 2011 * July/August 2012 * May/June 2013
Old 01-09-2012, 01:33 AM   #87
__disneygirl
well, all that's left now is the happy ending.

YAYYYYYY the TR is underway!

I agree that the more Disney you experience, the worse the obsession gets. I imagine it's how drug addicts feel. The more you get, the more you need! I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!! The longest I've gone to WDW for is 10 days, my dream is to go for 2 full weeks, but I'm afraid if we did that I just wouldn't be able to leave.

OMG I love the Disney first-timers or people who hardly come. It's so funny when they ask about something I'm obsessed with so casually, having no idea their lives are about to change. Like, "Have you ever been to that place where you eat in cars?" and I'm like, "KSDJFSLJFAIOSDJDKKJ YES I HAVE BEEN TO THE SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATRE, ONLY LIKE 500 TIMES."
Old 01-09-2012, 05:57 AM   #88
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

Yay! Yall made it to Disney World!

I love the big Christmas tree at the airport!

Driving under the arches is seriously one of the best feelings in the entire world. SO EXCITING! And just like you said, it doesn't matter how many times you have been, the obsession just grows and it never gets old. I seriously think it just makes it THAT much better.

Old 01-09-2012, 10:42 AM   #89
Disneyfreak508
Frumpy Princess ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mich123 View Post
Subscribed! Wow, there's so much going on--good thing you ended up with an extra long break to recover. Hope everything is working out exactly as planned. As the mom of a 15 year old girl, it's so great to see how much you appreciate your mom, hope your mom reads your trip reports.
Seriously! There is no way I would have been able to figure out my life if I had any less time. And aww thanks! She does sometimes but doesn't totally understand disboards. But she loves that I write them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnyh View Post
I am so glad to see you started your TR!!! Our trips overlapped! We came home on the 23rd. Boy were the crowds growing. I can only imagine how they were by Christmas morning. BLT was beautiful. Did you have a Theme Park view? We took a tree and decorated it while we were there. It was so much fun! I can't wait to read all about your trip. Excited I am.

**Edit**
I forgot to mention how good it is to see that you are following your heart in college. I always knew I wanted to be an engineer ever since I was a youngin'. Like you, I too love Disney and wanted to intern there during college. For various reasons I didn't and it is one of my biggest regrets to date. I did, however, work at the local Disney store and LOVED it!! I am still applying to be an imagineer. Maybe one day they'll feel sorry for me after seeing all my resumes and just give me a job! One can dream, can't they??
Thanks for being here! Ahh did they really? Yeah like my first day on the 22nd there was NOBODY there. And then the 23rd wasn't too bad, and then it got CRAZY. I was just laughing at how crowded it was. Pure insanity!
Aww you stayed there too? Yes, we had theme park view! I thought it would be necessary for this trip just so we could see the fireworks from our room and avoid the crowds lol.
That's super cute that you got a tree! I hung up some Christmas lights! That was fun.

Aww thank you! And oh my gosh.. keep trying!! Don't let your dream die! And working at a Disney store is apparently REALLY good. They like to see that. If the whole Imagineering thing doesn't work out you could always eventually get a little job in Disney just to work there - they wouldn't have a problem giving it to you because of your Disney Store experience! I hope that all works out for you! Don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieTheCat24 View Post
First of all, your Mickey top is fabulous! It's from Forever21, right? I love that they carry Disney stuff.

OPEN UP YOUR HEART AND LET THE MEMORIES BEGIN!

There is a "mermaid camp" near Tampa! WeekiWachee! I've never actually been, but it's relatively close to where my grandma lives.

Driving onto Disney property is the best. It's the perfect combination of joy, relief, and knowing that there's an incredible amount of fun just waiting to be had.

Can't wait for more!
Thank you! And correct, it is from Forever 21! I got it in August!
God, I love that song.
Thanks for that website! LOL it's a very... unique concept. That lady was like obsessed with mermaids. Like... me with Disney obsessed. So that's probably her happiest place on earth haha
I 100% completely agree! Yay for the beginning of Disney!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovegrumpy View Post
I love WDW at Christmas time. So I can't wait to hear about your trip.
Aww yay! I can't wait to tell about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallWorld71 View Post
YAY! Another trip report!

Sorry college got off to such a rough start, but it sounds like you made a great choice! I wish you the best in starting at your new one.

Even though the frumps are lots of fun, I love reading about your trips with your Mom! Tell her some stranger on the DIS said she's a great Mom and I hope my kids and I keep having as much fun at Disney as you and your Mom do.

Oh, and FWIW, even though I know you love Jasmine, you have such a radiant smile that I think you'd make a great Snow White. And, I can totally see Kristen skipping around like Alice.
Thank you! I hope it all goes well. Thank you for the good wishes!
Aww thank you! I'm so glad! I definitely will tell her she has some fans on the DIS And I'm sure your kids will!
Aww thank you! That's really nice haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
OMG, I just found this out! I'm so excited, your enthusiasm truly is contagious, even through a computer screen!

Even though you didn't get the job, I'm sure it was quite the experience to do an audition. Looking forward to reading about that part.

And really, bringing you car on the plane? Hope it didn't meow the whole time. i know mine would have!
Aww thank you! That's great to hear!
It was a really cool experience! I am glad I did it!
I wasn't sitting near the cat on the plane, but I'm sure it did. MEOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY DISNEY!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! OMG what the heck am I doing in my room and not IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MAGIC?!?!?!

Omg. The Magic, the Memories, and You NEVER FAILS to make me just CRY. Like typing this right now I'm in tears. Help?

JET BLUE!!!!! Hahaha um... mermaid camp? Such a thing exists? My mind is blown. Would Eric be there? Wait, nevermind. My mind just always immediately goes to Disney.

Sweet ride.

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh gosh I love Disney. I need to just move there. I don't even care what my job is. In the future, when we both work there, we're gonna be friends, okay?
I ask myself that question every day LOL.
That show is somethin'. They just made it perfect.
Yeah apparently! I know, I'm too obsessed with Disney to want to go anywhere else haha.
So do I!! I need to work there or I'm going to be unhappy in life. No big deal. And yes absolutely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by __disneygirl View Post
YAYYYYYY the TR is underway!

I agree that the more Disney you experience, the worse the obsession gets. I imagine it's how drug addicts feel. The more you get, the more you need! I WANT TO GO BACK NOW!! The longest I've gone to WDW for is 10 days, my dream is to go for 2 full weeks, but I'm afraid if we did that I just wouldn't be able to leave.

OMG I love the Disney first-timers or people who hardly come. It's so funny when they ask about something I'm obsessed with so casually, having no idea their lives are about to change. Like, "Have you ever been to that place where you eat in cars?" and I'm like, "KSDJFSLJFAIOSDJDKKJ YES I HAVE BEEN TO THE SCI-FI DINE-IN THEATRE, ONLY LIKE 500 TIMES."
YAY!
Oh my gosh I say that all the time. Disney is my drug!! Like legitimately it is. It's probably healthier than all other drugs.. (probably a little more expensive but you know) but it's totally fine! It's the best.
Yeah I went for 12 or 13 days this past trip... and then on top of the December trip at the beginning of the month.. I just don't know what I have to live for now that they're over.
Oh me too. I try not to scare them, but I get a little excited. They're secretly jealous of our lifestyle... no big deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Yay! Yall made it to Disney World!

I love the big Christmas tree at the airport!

Driving under the arches is seriously one of the best feelings in the entire world. SO EXCITING! And just like you said, it doesn't matter how many times you have been, the obsession just grows and it never gets old. I seriously think it just makes it THAT much better.
Hooray!
So do I! I was so happy when I saw it!
It really is. And yes, it really does! The experience and memories build up and I really just can't get enough. It's about time that I work there and never have to leave.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #90
Kelliroo3
A Disney World fan

Great update! I love your Disney clothes; you always have such cute items! I've been having trouble finding the Forever 21 Disney sweatshirts...I have the Alice in Wonderland one but can't seem to find Aladdin, Cinderella, Little Mermaid or any others.

I know I have heard about the Mermaid place...I think the Amazing Race went there one season. I remember thinking it looked pretty cool! And yay to helping Disney newbies! Gotta spread the knowledge and love of all things Mickey!
First trip to Disneyland: July 2010
First December trip: December 2011

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: