Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #31
Lifelong_Dreamer
DIS Veteran

Yay, so glad you started!

Wow, talk about life changes! I hope everything works out with your new school and I think you are every brave for making all these changes and pursuing your dreams. Heading to university right after high school can be tough when you aren't sure what you want to do. That happened to me and I "wasted" four years of my life getting a degree that I will not use although I did enjoy the classes and school. Now I am back in school getting another four year degree after finally figuring out what I want to do with my life!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #32
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

In in IN!

Looking forward to reading all about it! I think it's awesome that you "snuck away" for a Disney trip with your mom and an audition. I really feel that just getting to see things "backstage" makes it worth it! (I sooo wish I had thought of that when I was in my early 20s!)

Can't wait to read the rest, two trips for the price of one! (well, for us readers, at least...)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #33
katt789
DIS Veteran

Jess!! More I read about your trips & life, the more I think we're alike! I'm just S big of a disney nut, and as much as I would love to work as a character, I'd totally be an international representative in Epcot. I also did A semester of uni before transferring to film school! I cant wait to fully get back into theatre! Guh! Love it. Have you thought about doing a vocal/dancer audition?

Instagram:Kattwyllie
Twitter: KattWy

Old 01-05-2012, 05:40 PM   #34
poisonapple_PRINCESS
DIS Veteran

ugh, I'm beyond jealous about how many times you've been to Disney World....this year!

I was there in December too. It was the most amazing vacation I've ever been on!

Cant wait to see how your trip was. I've heard that is a crazy week!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #35
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

HERE!!! Just realized you started!! Going back now to read!!
Old 01-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #36
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

Back!! LoL!!!

1. Your hair looks fabulous straight!! Absolutely loveee it!!
2. So glad you decided to follow your heart- I remember telling you to hang in there at the first school- but- it definitely seems like you made a wonderful decision! I did musicals in grade/high school .. I loved it.
3. SUPRISE WEEKEND!!! HOLY MOLY- LUCKY!!!
4. So excited you started this report...can't wait can't wait can't wait
Old 01-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #37
duckylady
Mouseketeer

OH MAN, I meant to post on your trip report as soon as it started and we're already on page three! I've been lurking on all your past trip reports and loving them so I'll for sure jump in on this one.

I'm so sorry to hear how miserable those couple months were for you. I'll be hearing back from universities within the next three months and I'm so terrified I'll make the wrong choice. I'm really happy everything turned out okay, though!

It makes me laugh how you were like "Two weeks until my Disney trip? TOO LONG TO WAIT. BRB FOR A COUPLE DAYS." You are a true Disney fanatic, Jess.

I'm excited to hear about how your audition went! My best friend tried out this past October because she planned to go into the DCP. It didn't work out, but apparently it was a pretty fun experience.

ALRIGHT THAT WAS A LOT OF WORDS but what I meant to say was: I'm in/subscribed/let's do this!
february 2009 - coronado springs.
march 2012 - pop century.
august 2014 - pop century.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:11 PM   #38
cindianne320
Mouseketeer

I know I am 10 years older than you, but I LOVE reading your Trip Reports- I have read them all, and enjoy each one!

I learn so much- I've been to the World 10 times, but learn more each time I read a TR!

Anyway- I can't wait to read the whole thing, and it's so cool you got to meet Lia!

I hope you LOVE your new college. I also transferred after my freshman year, and it was the best decision I ever made!
DH Me DS (5) DD (2) and Baby #3 due in March!
My (very bare) Fall 2013 Pre-trip Report!
7 childhood trips, Off site- 1990-2004, 2007- Universal's Royal Pacific
2010- POR, 2011- POP, 2013- A of A and Disney Dream! 2014-CS
Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM   #39
RyansMommy1
Mouseketeer

BTW so weird not to see a ticker in your siggy!!
Old 01-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #40
MarieTheCat24
DIS Veteran

I'M HERE!! I can't wait to hear about everything. Years from now, we will read this trip report aloud to our son Manny and tell him the story of how his four mothers settled upon his name. It's a beautiful thing.

I hope everything works out at your new school! Freshman year can be really rough. It was the exact opposite for me, but I know a lot of people who had a rough time. And now I'm supposed to be a senior and I still have no idea what the heck I'm doing and I'm going to be in college for at least 2 more years, so be glad that you recognized the problem sooner rather than later.

I'm really interested in hearing all about the audition process. You're so awesome for doing that. I'd give my right arm to dance at Disney (specifically in Festival of the Lion King), but professionally auditioning for things terrifies me. I could never do it. So basically you're just way cooler than I am LOL. I truly hope that everything works out for you, girl, because you totally deserve it.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 PM   #41
snowwhite325
Another Tag Dreamer... pinch me, am I sleeping?

I'm here! And I had NO idea you went to Disney at the beginning of December Did Alicia know? She was telling me about your trip yesterday and she didn't mention it lol

Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #42
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Wow, your life really is in a whirlwind. I was a bit winded just reading that O_o Anyways... I'm glad to see you're a lot happier now with this school and your new major. It was also brave how you made the decision to follow your dream versus what you first decided on, that takes huge guts. Then, to change schools... YOWZER! Well... I wish you all the best and hope everything slows down so you can relax for awhile. Anyways... I can't wait to read about the audition process, that's so cool you got to experience that I'll have to take more notes
Old 01-05-2012, 07:41 PM   #43
TinkerbellinNY6
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyfreak508 View Post

Yes I did!! And oh my gosh yeah I LOVE Disney - don't worry you're not the only one! Ahh you're so lucky you're going to apply for the fall. I was going to, but then with this whole transferring thing it just wasn't going to work out. I'm happy everyone is so anxious for this trip report And aww yeah you missed me by one day! The crowds got crazy once you left!!
Thats good to know that I am not the only one! I actually just went through the whole transferring process too. I was at a school for pharmacy but realized that I really did not want to be a pharmacist after a year of school so I transfered to another college for business and want to work at Disney!

I figured the crowds got crazy after I left since they were getting crazier by the day as I was there and I had also been there over Christmas and New Years in 2009! It would have been really cool to meet you but maybe another trip will actually match up
Our Disney Trips: Feb 2007-ASMu, Dec 2007-CSR, Dec/Jan 2009-2010-Pop, Poly, CSR, Aug 2010-BLT, Pop, May 2011-ASSp, CR, Dec 2011-Pop, Aug 2012-BC, POR, SSR, Oct 2012-Pop, Nov 2012-Pop, CSR, Dec 2012-Pop, AKL, Feb 2013-CBR, April 2013-YC, May 2013-POFQ, CR, ASMo Current CM
Old 01-05-2012, 07:52 PM   #44
aly58991
Earning My Ears

Very excited to read this TR! I am hoping to audition for DCP for next fall! Or spring depending on how far along I get with my program
Old 01-05-2012, 09:25 PM   #45
Jazzabelle508
Live, Laugh, Love and Disney <3 :)

Sorry to hear you are transferring, hopefully this new school is a better fit. I have a lot of friends from high school that ended up transfering schools as well. It sounds like the new school is a great fit! The way you described the new school reminds me of how I felt about my current school when looking at it and now I love that school. At least you had Disney to distract yourself from the school drama. Also glad to hear you are sticking with theater as a major as well, it seems like you really love it which is always important!

Wow, i'm impressed you managed to keep your trip for your audition a secret! I would NEVER be able to do that! Sorry to hear you didn't get the part but the whole experience of doing a disney audition must have been AMAZING!!! I can't wait to hear about it! What characters were you auditioning for?
Pottermore: GoldThorn119 Twitter Page: Jazzyjen508

Last edited by Jazzabelle508; 01-05-2012 at 10:07 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: