The Internet's Largest and Friendliest Disney Community WDWinfo.com | DISboards.com | Dreams Unlimited Travel
DISboards
Sheraton Resort Orlando
Beautiful Rooms and Atmosphere

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions > Hotel & Accommodations Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 PM   #32
laliclay
Earning My Ears

We are booked for the week of June 19th. getting closer and closer! I noticed at Resort some of the buildings do not have elevators. Is that the same at Villages? My Mom will be with us and her knees aren't the best anymore.
laliclay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #33
Beccabunny
Mouseketeer

We're here now and love it! Wish we didn't have to leave tomorrow. They didn't honor the requests we had noted on our reservation, but it turned out fine. We are in the Amelia section. Carpet is quite worn, but everything is very clean. Beds are comfortable. Grounds are beautiful, pools are warm! Love the waterfall pool! We checked out the pirate ship pool in the St. Augustine section as well, but it seemed most suitable for younger children. I'm a little annoyed that we couldn't get a sharps container. We asked about two hours ago, people at the desk had no idea where to get one, finally said security would bring one right down to us. Hasn't happened. Other than that, we have no complaints. Would stay here again!
Beccabunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:41 AM   #34
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beccabunny View Post
I'm a little annoyed that we couldn't get a sharps container. We asked about two hours ago, people at the desk had no idea where to get one, finally said security would bring one right down to us. Hasn't happened.
If they don't deliver on that request you might be able to get one just down the street at the Walgreens store. I suspect that it isn't something that they have in their inventory and security might not even know what it is.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 07:00 AM   #35
Detailor
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laliclay View Post
We are booked for the week of June 19th. getting closer and closer! I noticed at Resort some of the buildings do not have elevators. Is that the same at Villages? My Mom will be with us and her knees aren't the best anymore.
This is a much newer resort than Vistana Resort, which was built out over twenty or so years. Consequently, the buildings at Vistana Villages are more standardized than those at the sister Vistana Resort and they all have elevators.

Dick Taylor
1961 New Years - The Disneyland Hotel, 1977 February - someplace on I-Drive that doesn't exist anymore, 1997 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 1998 February - Cypress Pointe, 1999 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2000 February - Vacation Villas at Fantasy World, 2001 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2002 March - Hilton Grand VacationClub at Sea World, 2003 March - Sheraton Vistana Resort, 2004 March - Orange Lake Country Club, 2005 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2005 June - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2006 February - Pool House in Davenport, 2006 June - Tampa Doubletree, 2007 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2007 July - Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort, 2008 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2008 March - Marriott's Grande Vista, 2008 June - Cypress Pointe, 2009 February - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2009 June - Marriott's Sabal Palms, 2010 February/March - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2010 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2011 December - Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2012 December - Marriott's Cypress Harbour, 2013 March - Westin Lake Mary Orlando North
Old 05-06-2012, 09:31 AM   #36
CdnKayDee
Kim & Danelle

Thanks for this thread and all the responses!We were finding it super confusing Resorts or Villages they seem to have the same pictures on a lot of websites. Just a few questions, is parking extra? is wifi extra? if so around how much?
CdnKayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:38 AM   #37
Detailor
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=CdnKayDee;44807619Just a few questions, is parking extra? is wifi extra? if so around how much?[/QUOTE]

Parking comes free as does WiFi. The WiFi coverage is a bit spotty and sometimes slow but as long as you're patient you'll get online.

Dick Taylor
Old 05-14-2012, 01:14 PM   #38
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Vistana Villages 4/22/12-4/29/12

We stayed at Vistana Villages for the first time from 4/22-4/29/12. Here is a map of the resort. They are still giving out maps showing construction in the St. Augustine section. I believe the St. Augustine section is complete. There was construction going on behind St. Augustine (to the left of the section of the map that currently shows construction).

We had requested the St. Augustine section, top floor. That's exactly what we got! We were in building 26, top floor, villa 26612 (first three digits of the villa number indicate building 26, floor 6). We had spent three nights at the Disney Beach Club before checking in at Vistana Villages. We arrived around 3:00 on Sunday 4/22. Here is the first round of pictures from our arrival day:

View of our building from the pool & some pool pictures:

Pictures of our 2BR villa:
Kitchen:

Laundry room off kitchen (it had a pocket door that you could close if it was too loud, there was also an iron and ironing board in there):

Second bedroom:

View into bathroom from 2nd bedroom:

Second bathroom:

Balcony (the door is just where the water heater is, not connected to another villa):

View from balcony (sorry picture is bad because camera kept focusing on the screen):

Continued next post...
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:23 PM   #39
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran

Living room & dining room:

Master Bedroom:

View from master bedroom:

Master bathroom (there were two smaller sink areas - one between the tub & toilet area (with my junk on it) and the other between the closet & the shower (that DH used)):

Toilet was behind pocket door:

Closet on left, door back to master bedroom on right:

I have more pictures from around the pool & resort that I post when I get to them. I'll also post a review a little later. Please ask if you have any questions in the meantime.
DisMomAmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #40
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Great pics, DisMomAmy!

I have a question that maybe you (or someone else on this thread) can answer.

Is there a daily resort fee for this property?

Jan. 2009....onsite at POR: all 4 Disney Parks
Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Aug. 2012...Westgate Lakes Resort & Spa: Aquatica, Discovery Cove, and more
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
**Christmas 2012 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3041415
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #41
lindseywithane
Earning My Ears

oh my! thanks for sharing those pictures DisMomAmy!! We are visiting in October and trying to decide whats a better value, Sheraton or AOA. Leaning towards the Sheraton, your pictures may have sealed our decision!!

Disney Trips:
September 2006 {honeymoon} Animal Kingdom Lodge
October 2012 {pre deployment trip} Pop Century

lindseywithane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 AM   #42
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Great pics, DisMomAmy!

I have a question that maybe you (or someone else on this thread) can answer.

Is there a daily resort fee for this property?
Neither of the Sheraton Vistanas (Villages or Resorts) charge a resort fee. They do however charge for many of the activities and programs as a result.

IMO this is a better way than making everyone pay for the stuff that only a limited number of guests actually use. The amenities that a majority or significant number of guests use are all free (pools, hot tubs, parking, wi-fi).

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #43
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Neither of the Sheraton Vistanas (Villages or Resorts) charge a resort fee. They do however charge for many of the activities and programs as a result.

IMO this is a better way than making everyone pay for the stuff that only a limited number of guests actually use. The amenities that a majority or significant number of guests use are all free (pools, hot tubs, parking, wi-fi).
Thank you . The items you listed are exactly the kinds of amenities that matter to our family of three. I couldn't find any resort fee listed on the website but thought maybe I was overlooking it.

I have found (what appears to be) a fabulous deal for our travel dates at SVV. $58 per night for a one-bedroom or $83 for a two-bedroom via Bookit.com. Trying to determine (without any experience at either place) if this would be a better choice than our current reservation at Westgate Lakes.

I should stop reading these forums. They make me second guess my well-though out original plans .

Jan. 2012....offsite on I-Drive: Universal Studios, IOA, SeaWorld, & Discovery Cove
Dec. 2012...onsite at SW! Christmas week at SeaWorld, Aquatica, Gatorland, airboats, & holiday fun
Aug. 2013....Sheraton Vistana Resort: Blizzard Beach, Typhoon Lagoon, Cocoa Beach & more! **August 2013 Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3167818

Aug. 2014.....SVR, SW, DC, AQ, TL, Daytona & MORE! PTR in progress: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=51863899

Old 05-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #44
bankr63
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina View Post
Thank you . The items you listed are exactly the kinds of amenities that matter to our family of three. I couldn't find any resort fee listed on the website but thought maybe I was overlooking it.

I have found (what appears to be) a fabulous deal for our travel dates at SVV. $58 per night for a one-bedroom or $83 for a two-bedroom via Bookit.com. Trying to determine (without any experience at either place) if this would be a better choice than our current reservation at Westgate Lakes.

I should stop reading these forums. They make me second guess my well-though out original plans .
Can't help with the comparison, never been to Westgate Lakes, but I will say that it is a really good rate. It is about half of what an owner pays there in annual maintenance fees, so somebody is taking on a loss there for sure!

As for the important amenities for your crew, I seem to recall that the b-ball court is MOST important from your TR. It is free too at both Vistana resorts; but there might be a charge for a loaner ball from the activity center (not sure on that).

It's kind of fun to do the impossible. - Walt Disney

Last trip to WDW and US, March 8-17, 2013
Next trip planned for March 13-22 2015 - driving 1,500 miles on Friday the 13th
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:33 PM   #45
Gina-Gina-Bo-Bina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bankr63 View Post
Can't help with the comparison, never been to Westgate Lakes, but I will say that it is a really good rate. It is about half of what an owner pays there in annual maintenance fees, so somebody is taking on a loss there for sure!

As for the important amenities for your crew, I seem to recall that the b-ball court is MOST important from your TR. It is free too at both Vistana resorts; but there might be a charge for a loaner ball from the activity center (not sure on that).
The rate was from Bookit.com, but alas, he who hesitates is lost (and its gone this morning ). Serves me right for overthinking things. I need to learn to be more spontaneous.

I called Sheraton's reservation line this morning, and we can get a CAA rate of $99 nightly for a smaller one-bedroom (488 square feet) or $108 for the larger one-bedroom (800+ square feet). Still a great rate when you consider that there is daily maid service included (which we aren't getting at Westgate Lakes), there's no resort fee, and wi-fi and parking are both complimentary.

Colour me impressed that you remember that a basketball court is #3 on our list of must-haves (directly in line after a separate bedroom and a nice pool) . You have a good memory! You won't be surprised to know, then, that we did lots of research on their sports facilities before deciding that it met the boys' criteria . If a basketball is an issue, we can always purchase a new one to use while we are vacationing and either (a) donate it to the resort when we check out or (b) bring it home and added it to the 23 others that are in our garage. They tend to be "ball snobs" at the best of times (its got to be the right size, inflated properly, and a quality brand) and usually the loaner balls tend to be everything but!!!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: